Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:54 am 

Destruction's Facebook wrote:
The drum-recording for the upcoming DESTRUCTION album SPIRITUAL GENOCIDE is finished! VAAVER did an amazing job on the fastest DESTRUCTION album in history! The release date of this thrashbomb will be around November 2012!

Anybody else excited for this? Not going to be anything new, but Destruction has been the most consistently quality thrash band of the 21st century. And the fastest Destruction album in history sounds pretty neat.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:37 am 

What, again? I feel like they're releasing albums as fast as I can buy them.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:26 am 

I'm looking forward to this as I'm one of the few, if any, that enjoys their current era more than when they began.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:54 am 

Haven't listened to them in a while. Upping the speed is always good in my book, and I love Mike's riffing style so I'll keep this on the radar.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:18 pm 

ModusOperandi wrote:
I'm looking forward to this as I'm one of the few, if any, that enjoys their current era more than when they began.

Nah, I'm right there with you. And I'm not just talking about The Antichrist, either. Devolution, on the whole, is a better constructed album than Infernal Overkill. The one caveat is that their latest album was a bit lame, so I'm awaiting this new one with a touch of hesitation. Hopefully it'll return to the right track, though.

IanThrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:38 pm 

I dont care much about new Destruction, i do enjoy their early material and i aprecciate the passion and effort of their last releases (Devolution being for me a ´highlight´of their recent work) but they arent a band that gets me pumped when a new album is anounced. Anyway, I´ll surely check their new stuff just for curiosity.

Dude: If you tour, will you bring out other musicians? Use tapes? Clone yourselves?

Fenriz: I am up for cloning, but with less tinnitus and more chest hair, please.

Film reviews and rants for all ye' spanish speaking basterds

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:39 pm 

"fastest in history", huh? Wonder if they're serious about this? Well, should be interesting..I missed the last few albums but tehy always seem to put on a great show.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Metalmeistermms
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:52 pm 

As much as I love their stuff and highly respect their drive and continuing quality, I can't get excited anymore. This is not only the case with Destruction, but with a lot of long active Thrash and Death bands that keep on bringing out more albums e.g. Kreator, Cannibal Corpse, Testament, Overkill, Napalm Death etc. The quality is undeniable, but I'll rather listen to their earlier albums and love their music if I want to, than put time in getting into their new release. Time is kinda scarce and there's just so much new stuff to be discovered....
Awaiting our reign

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:51 pm 

By the time I finish going through my music collection without the safety of shuffle, it probably will be November.

And then, my body will be ready.

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:58 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
"fastest in history", huh? Wonder if they're serious about this? Well, should be interesting..I missed the last few albums but tehy always seem to put on a great show.

Not to be "that cynical bastard", but my brain has trained itself to just not respond at all when a musician says that their upcoming album is going to be the fastest/heaviest/back to the roots/most brutal/et cetera. It strikes me as your typical promotional banter that may or may not have basis in reality.

That said, I have to admire their productivity. I actually had to check and make sure that the last album did come out last year, because damn.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:59 pm 

They've been making the same album for years.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:01 pm 

Metal_Detector wrote:

I have no problems with this.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:28 pm 

I do. They're seriously one of the most stagnated bands I've ever seen. Instead of trying to pump out crap as fast as possible, maybe they should take a year or two off and come up with some, I dunno, ideas for a change?

gabber
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:41 pm 

Metal_Detector wrote:
I do. They're seriously one of the most stagnated bands I've ever seen. Instead of trying to pump out crap as fast as possible, maybe they should take a year or two off and come up with some, I dunno, ideas for a change?

This. Nothing stands out from their last few albums, they all seem to be the same and there is nothing separating them. At least Eternal Devastation and Infernal Overkill had more variety

I will please entry anus
Oh my god! Give me spicy pussy
Pussy is good smell
Shit is bad smell

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:39 pm 

destruction are my favourite german thrash band, they seem to release an album every few months or something?! ha ha :metal:
does anyone have a ridiculously large kreator/sodom/destruction/tankard collection to post photos of?
i have 1 or 2 of each apart from tankard which i have none of... yet :(

Violent_Possessor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:09 pm 

Metal_Detector wrote:

Shut up with that shit. Maybe they are just good at writing songs and they don't "wait" for that perfect riff.

Destruction is one of my favorite German thrash bands, second only to Sodom. Need to pick up on their newer albums.

Thashierthanthou

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:17 am 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Metal_Detector wrote:

I have no problems with this.

Yeah, they may be releasing the same album over and over again, but it's a really good album.

Erisgaroth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:29 am 

This is really fast indeed. Good for them, i don't blame them for releasing the same over and over again, because is good, and if it's good... why to change?

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:18 am 

I don't even know new Destruction almost at all, but I will definitely pay attention to this release. Overkill has set the bar high this year for thrash albums. I look forward to seeing what they can do.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:57 am 

gabber wrote:
Metal_Detector wrote:

This. Nothing stands out from their last few albums, they all seem to be the same and there is nothing separating them. At least Eternal Devastation and Infernal Overkill had more variety

Finally, someone agrees with me. I never liked modern Destruction in the least. To me Cracked Brain was their last good album.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

lewman123
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:45 am 

It's going to be the same overproduced shit with drum machine-like drumming and Schmier doing 100 layers on every vocal, the same as the last 10 albums since they reunited.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:35 am 

dreadmeat wrote:
destruction are my favourite german thrash band, they seem to release an album every few months or something?! ha ha :metal:
does anyone have a ridiculously large kreator/sodom/destruction/tankard collection to post photos of?

I have almost every Kreator CD and DVD if that counts.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

Germaniac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:30 am 

I already lost interest in their new material since The Antichrist. However they've always been entertaining when I saw them live.

Rotting_Christ_Mike
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:23 am 

Who cares if it's the same album over and over again? It's still good. I say if it ain't broken don't fix it.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:27 pm 

Nothing I would love more than an attempt at Infernal Overkill II. One of my favorite albums of all-time and my favorite of Destruction's entire discography, though Eternal Devastation is a near second. Surely, nothing like that can ever be close to duplicated...classics.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:01 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:

ENKC wrote:
I have almost every Kreator CD and DVD if that counts.

yeah man, do it :thumbsup:

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:56 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
Nothing I would love more than an attempt at Infernal Overkill II. One of my favorite albums of all-time and my favorite of Destruction's entire discography, though Eternal Devastation is a near second. Surely, nothing like that can ever be close to duplicated...classics.

All of my yes! Though I think I prefer ED over IO.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:01 pm 

According to their official site destruction.de, Angelripper and Gerre are doing guest vocals on a song. The album will be mixed at the end of the month by Andy Classen.

Interesting choice for the mixer. They've been working with Jacob Hansen and V.O. Pulver in varying degrees and responsibilities since 2000, so we'll see how this turns out. Granted, Classen's able to provide a certain gloss to his productions as well, but the man knows his thrash. I like that they're getting this album recorded and done in short order. While the argument could be made that it's rushed, there's no need to overthink either when you're sold on some great ideas.

EDIT: Martin Buchwalter, drummer of Perzonal War whom engineered the last album, is also producing Spiritual Genocide. There will also be a song recorded by the Release from Agony lineup.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:22 pm 

do we have any Destruction recommendations? i have inventor of evil [ltd digibook] and metal discharge [with a heap of bonus songs/demos/covers/live songs], by the sounds of it they have a fairly consistent sound [they are like motorhead of the thrash world?]
my local music shop has, actually had, a few of their cds but i don't really know them that well.

Thashierthanthou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:09 pm 

The Antichrist and Release From Agony are my favorites. Antichrist is one of the finest thrash albums of the first decade of the 2000's, if not the best, and Release from Agony... Not sure how to describe it, but it's pretty much unlike any other thrash I've heard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fidUj02Srgc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GI4mo5i2v0

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:39 pm 

Either go for The Antichrist for their modern sound, or Infernal Overkill/Eternal Devastation for their older sound. Guess which one I prefer...

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:47 pm 

from the two links up there, both are cool, but the newer one i like a lot more.
they have twelve album?! ha ha wicked :metal:

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:04 pm 

The Antichrist is definitely one of their best. It features my favorite song of theirs, "Nailed to the Cross".

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:09 am 

Their "Live in Agony" album is the quickest way to get a cross section of their career.

HenryKrinkle31
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:58 pm 

They need to go back to writing music like The Antichrist. Everything since then has been relatively lame.

treghet6
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:56 am 

Interesting that they're going to have a song with the Release from Agony lineup, but I'm not holding out much hope for the album. This pretty much sums up how I feel:

HenryKrinkle31 wrote:
They need to go back to writing music like The Antichrist. Everything since then has been relatively lame.

TommyTheRipper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:27 pm 

treghet6 wrote:
Interesting that they're going to have a song with the Release from Agony lineup, but I'm not holding out much hope for the album. This pretty much sums up how I feel:

HenryKrinkle31 wrote:

I disagree. The Antichrist is fucking great but every Destruction's album is very solid and worth buying. I've seen a video from Nuclear Blast LINK and I'm truly fired up.

Man, those were the days.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:18 pm 

DarthVenom wrote:
Abominatrix wrote:

Not to be "that cynical bastard", but my brain has trained itself to just not respond at all when a musician says that their upcoming album is going to be the fastest/heaviest/back to the roots/most brutal/et cetera. It strikes me as your typical promotional banter that may or may not have basis in reality.

Yeah, I know what you mean. "This'll be our fastest Destruction record ever!" = "lol just kidding, but please buy it anyway."

Although, I don't mind Destruction. I prefer Sodom for my German thrash, but these guys do well. I'll probably enjoy the new album.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 pm 

Sample of a new song, called Cyanide. Quite legit:

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode= ... mID=179130

Obligatory Last FM Link

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:31 pm 

Awww yeah. Sounds bitchin'.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next