Welcome to the Selling and Buying Board. In the past, there was only a single forum as a catch-all place for metal-related transactions between all users, no matter whether it was for trading goods with other metalheads, or purchasing those goods. We've decided to separate those two purposes into two distinct forums: one strictly for trading (found here
) and one for selling and buying (the one you're in). What this means is the following:
- If you are looking to sell music-related goods to others, this is the forum you do that in.
- If you want to buy goods from others, and not merely trade for them, this is the forum you do that in.
- If you want to trade music-related items with other users, do that in the "Trading Board".
- If you are looking to do a trade with another user, please also do that in the "Trading Board".
You are more than permitted to have threads in each forum for the purpose of trading or selling your goods. We also ask that you DO NOT create duplicate threads for your wares; please keep it to one thread and update that thread as necessary.
We will be enforcing this.
Metal Archives StaffThat said, here are the rules for the "Selling and Buying Board":
1. All board rules that apply to other areas of the board also apply here.
2. The MA Staff is not responsible for the conduct of buyers or sellers! As much as we would like to, we can't make sellers or buyers be honest and upstanding. While we do try to help safeguard against bad users, this forum is still very much caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).
3. Seeing that this is a metal board, please try to keep the sold and bought items limited to goods that are related to heavy metal. Feel free to include DVDs, videogames, and other stuff in your list if the mood takes you. Users selling illegal material (such as drugs, et al) over this board will be banned. If you post something like "Selling my virginity" or "Selling my love," you'll be banned for being a damn moron.
4. If you want to give feedback, or look at feedback for other traders, look at the Seller/Buyer Feedback Center thread. That's what it's there for. And while we're at it, don't gay up the thread with personal arguments. Take it to another thread, or better yet, PM or email.
5. This board is not, I repeat, IS NOT EBAY. We do not hold auctions of any kind here; any "auction threads" will be locked. And if you have inflated asking prices for your goods, everyone will laugh at you. You are, of course, free to link to eBay if you prefer.
6. The board mods do not condone posting personal information about other posters in any way. However, if you are a known scammer or get caught doing a significant amount of scamming, don't be shocked if the mods look the other way if your information is posted. If you're a habitual mail fraud perpetrator, the board mods aren't going to toot their navels to make sure you're able to continue your bullshit. See also Rule 1.
7. If there is sufficient reason to believe that you're a habitual ripoff artist (as opposed to someone who just had shit happen), you run the risk of losing access to this board, or being exiled from the site altogether. So be honest or don't sell/buy here. If you want a haven for crooks, go back to Usenet.
8. This board defines "bad selling or buying activities" as the following activities: Lying about condition or authenticity of goods, intentionally sending the wrong goods, sending the goods/payment unreasonably late, not sending goods at all, not adhering to the agreed terms of the trade (concerning payment and shipping as well as goods), taking the money and running, and just flat being a headache to deal with. This list also includes any and all dumbshit stunts one might think up in order to rip another off.
10. What happens in this forum STAYS here.