Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9713
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:29 pm 
 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
hells_unicorn wrote:
You guys will probably spend the next week or so hating me or thinking I'm some sort of moral reprobate (just like the media and the whole PC crowd probably hated Billy Milano and Scott Ian for "Fuck The Middle East")

Wow, how fucking pretentious and full of yourself are you? Now you're comparing yourself to bands that received media reactions for anti-PC statements? Jesus Christ that's pathetic. Lately you've been licking your own balls harder than usual and I'm beginning to think Noktorn assassinated you and has been writing/posting under your name ever since. Either that, or you've undergone some huge ego boost, which, if that's the case, it's time to cut back on the melodrama and stop acting like a holy martyr. Get off your high horse.

*applause*

DodensGrav wrote:
A good barometer of whether or not you should relay an "in poor taste" joke is to ask yourself how you would respond if a loved one was involved.

That would require intelligence and empathy, I think you're asking too much.

OzzyApu wrote:
Metantoine wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Kreator/Phantom_Antichrist/336363/kluseba

Kluseba has awful taste :(

Oh, we know.

*snip*

I thought those were bad... then I had a brief peek. And... wow. X Factor is the best Maiden album, and it and Virtual XI are better than the s/t. In fact, Iron Maiden s/t isn't as good as a bunch of In Flames, In Extremo, Nightwish and Alestorm albums, or even Illud Divinum Insanus. And Jugulator is a masterpiece and Priest's best albums. :ugh: Fucking seriously, dude...?
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 4095
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:02 pm 
 

Morrigan wrote:
DodensGrav wrote:
A good barometer of whether or not you should relay an "in poor taste" joke is to ask yourself how you would respond if a loved one was involved.

That would require intelligence and empathy, I think you're asking too much.

To paraphrase George Carlin, there's nothing that can't be made fun of, no matter what it is. If "bad taste" was really a valid reason to not make a joke, we wouldn't have gems like this:
Spoiler: show
Image
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:36 pm
Posts: 2623
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:05 pm 
 

There's a time and a place for making fun of events, but with one so fresh in memory? Only clowns, dipshits, and attention-whores find it entertaining. Who cares about "when" it becomes acceptable; it just does. Right now though, it's not funny. Just the work of clowns, dipshits, and attention-whores feeding their fellow clowns, dipshits, and attention-whores.

I think the main point here is in relation to the overall relevancy of "shock" value in reviews, and I think the last few posts speak for themselves.
_________________
Ismetal wrote:
GuntherTheUndying IS THE GAY NUMBER 1, HE DOESNT LIKE TO READ THE TRUTH, SO I THINK THIS PAGE IS FOR GAYS WHO WANTS TO READ MESSAGES LIKE "I LOVE MY BAND", "THEY ARE MY LOVE"

Thrashpit
Last FM

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4973
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:32 pm 
 

There's timing, and then there's forcing a tasteless joke into a review of music. I skipped over stuff like this on Facebook and there's probably an off-color comment or two in the FFA, but you really must find a better outlet for your nonsense than adding it into reviews. Spilling out your libertarianism into a review of Iced Earth might be convenient, because: 1) Iced Earth fans might actually care about both subjects of that review, 2) there's no "comment" button on reviews and most people can't seem to find the place to comment on reviews, 3) most people probably skip to the next one. This doesn't mean it's a good idea to shoehorn your philosophy and other bullshit into your reviews.

Top
 Profile  
Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:15 pm
Posts: 1886
Location: Forgotten In Space
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:10 am 
 

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/P ... hRiderDoom

Holy fucking shit. When I saw something I've literally never heard crowned 'the pinnacle of the USPM' movement, and then went on to see that a reliable source like DRD said so... tears literally came to my eyes. No joking.

I'm getting this right now. I will be listening all day at work tomorrow.

Top
 Profile  
RageW
Marisa's Harlot

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:44 am
Posts: 839
Location: Colombia
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:20 am 
 

Metal_Detector wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Prodigy/As_Darkness_Reigns/210362/DeathRiderDoom

Holy fucking shit. When I saw something I've literally never heard crowned 'the pinnacle of the USPM' movement, and then went on to see that a reliable source like DRD said so... tears literally came to my eyes. No joking.

I'm getting this right now. I will be listening all day at work tomorrow.


You had not listened to that? Shame on you. Shame. On. You.
_________________
Prajna: heavy/power/speed metal.
Check out my YouTube channel where I upload all of my other terrible music, such as a black metal + reggaeton mix.

Top
 Profile  
Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:15 pm
Posts: 1886
Location: Forgotten In Space
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:14 am 
 

I know. I'm worthless and weak. Time to fix that.

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 19215
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:57 am 
 

Never heard that one either, where can I find it anyway?
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: The Nun

Top
 Profile  
RapeTheDead
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:48 pm
Posts: 468
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:55 pm 
 

Regarding the whole h_u "shock value" thing: hasn't he always been a proponent of "description first, gimmicky stuff second" in his review writing?
Strange how these things work out.

Also @ the DRD review: god damn it what the hell is the point of signing your name at the end of a review when your username is literally right below it? The only way this is excusable is if he cross-posted that on another website or something where it's necessary to distinguish one poster from another, but it still peeves me.
_________________
UnderTheGuillotine wrote:
Smoke weed.

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8852
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:23 pm 
 

That's kind of pedantic, dude, I know DRD is using RYM a lot, maybe that's why.
_________________
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
JESUS CRUST, I didn't know this was the goddamn pizza inquisition.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Oblarg
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:59 pm
Posts: 2374
Location: The second sea
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:46 pm 
 

Actually, I'm not quite so big on As Darkness Reigns as some of the other guys around here. There are great riffs and cool vocals, but the songwriting itself is a bit lacking. Very clunky, not quite coherent enough. It seems they were trying to be more prog than they should have, and the music suffers for it.
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
manowar are literally five times the band that fates warning are: each member is as good as fates warning alone, then joey's bass solos are like an entire extra fates warning

Top
 Profile  
RapeTheDead
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:48 pm
Posts: 468
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:58 pm 
 

Metantoine wrote:
That's kind of pedantic, dude, I know DRD is using RYM a lot, maybe that's why.


Figured as much. Also of course it's pedantic; that's what the review discussion thread is all about! :D
_________________
UnderTheGuillotine wrote:
Smoke weed.

Top
 Profile  
The Animator
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:41 am
Posts: 287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:58 pm 
 

I have a review on my blog that I want to post on this site but im having trouble with the link. When I preview the review the word appears as a link but I cannot click on it. Will it work after it is posted or is there something wrong?
I'm trying to use the:
<a href="the url of the website">"what you want the word to be"</a>

Top
 Profile  
androdion
Metal freak

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 5074
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:28 pm 
 

I wasn't sure about putting this here or in the Oven Fodder, but since I placed the last case of this here I'll repeat the dose.

With that being said, what the fuck is going on with these new Samael reviews? Now it's these two who are again a bad case of copy-paste:

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/S ... /nemesis21
http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/B ... ll/340842/

Obviously the Samael review is the bogus, but this is the second time this week. First it was Lux Mundi/Nothing and now COO/TSBYF??? What the hell is going on around here?! Is this happening solely with Samael or has anyone else noticed chopped up zombie reviews like these?

Seriously WTF?!
_________________
ANGST ISST DIE SEELE AUF
androdion@Discogs

Top
 Profile  
androdion
Metal freak

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 5074
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:32 pm 
 

The Animator wrote:
I have a review on my blog that I want to post on this site but im having trouble with the link. When I preview the review the word appears as a link but I cannot click on it. Will it work after it is posted or is there something wrong?
I'm trying to use the:
<a href="the url of the website">"what you want the word to be"</a>

I use this and it works alright:

<b>Originally written for and posted at <a href="site URL">Riff Magazine</a></b>

It appears like on here.
_________________
ANGST ISST DIE SEELE AUF
androdion@Discogs

Top
 Profile  
The Animator
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:41 am
Posts: 287
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:52 am 
 

Thanks androdion, I figured out it was just a typo.

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 9854
Location: Seattle, United States
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:44 pm 
 

While I would consider this Grave's best album in recent years, I still really like RapeTheDead's negative one for As Rapture Comes. Lays out his points very well, and I do agree in part.

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/G ... apeTheDead
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
dystopia4
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:47 pm
Posts: 3547
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:07 pm 
 

OzzyApu wrote:
While I would consider this Grave's best album in recent years, I still really like RapeTheDead's negative one for As Rapture Comes. Lays out his points very well, and I do agree in part.

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/G ... apeTheDead


Wow, had no idea he was doing reviews. The writing quality of that review was really, really high. Judging by that review as well as his Gris review I just checked out, he should do it more often.
_________________
http://ifthisishellthenimlucky.blogspot.ca/

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8852
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:13 pm 
 

Yeah, He's a great reviewer, a pleasure to read and approve his reviews. One of the best Canadian reviewers along with you, dystopia.
_________________
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
JESUS CRUST, I didn't know this was the goddamn pizza inquisition.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
dystopia4
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:47 pm
Posts: 3547
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:29 pm 
 

Metantoine wrote:
Yeah, He's a great reviewer, a pleasure to read and approve his reviews. One of the best Canadian reviewers along with you, dystopia.


Thanks :). On the subject of Canadian reviewers, are you gonna do some more? That Castle one was sick.
_________________
http://ifthisishellthenimlucky.blogspot.ca/

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8852
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:42 pm 
 

Thanks, yeah, I should, I never know what to review,but I made a short list. I'll try to write 3 or 4 before the end of the summer. One is the latest Witch Mountain.
_________________
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
JESUS CRUST, I didn't know this was the goddamn pizza inquisition.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
androdion
Metal freak

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 5074
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:33 am 
 

androdion wrote:
I wasn't sure about putting this here or in the Oven Fodder, but since I placed the last case of this here I'll repeat the dose.

With that being said, what the fuck is going on with these new Samael reviews? Now it's these two who are again a bad case of copy-paste:

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/S ... /nemesis21
http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/B ... ll/340842/

Obviously the Samael review is the bogus, but this is the second time this week. First it was Lux Mundi/Nothing and now COO/TSBYF??? What the hell is going on around here?! Is this happening solely with Samael or has anyone else noticed chopped up zombie reviews like these?

Seriously WTF?!

Hate to quote myself but the Samael review is still there...
_________________
ANGST ISST DIE SEELE AUF
androdion@Discogs

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5402
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:08 pm 
 

androdion wrote:
androdion wrote:
I wasn't sure about putting this here or in the Oven Fodder, but since I placed the last case of this here I'll repeat the dose.

With that being said, what the fuck is going on with these new Samael reviews? Now it's these two who are again a bad case of copy-paste:

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/S ... /nemesis21
http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/B ... ll/340842/

Obviously the Samael review is the bogus, but this is the second time this week. First it was Lux Mundi/Nothing and now COO/TSBYF??? What the hell is going on around here?! Is this happening solely with Samael or has anyone else noticed chopped up zombie reviews like these?

Seriously WTF?!

Hate to quote myself but the Samael review is still there...


You know, I thought it was odd that there was another Samael review from another nobody so quickly after the last incident, but I didn't do any detective work when I accepted it. Lo and behold, it's the same doofus. I should learn to trust my gut a bit better, I suppose :grumble:

Anyway, he'll soon be trampled under the company brontosaurus, and I'll be skeptically perusing every new Samael review in the queue from now until forever like a paranoid and picky English professor.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: JERKING THE CIRCLE IV: Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know

Top
 Profile  
Grave_Wyrm
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm
Posts: 2211
Location: At the bottom of the lake
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:14 pm 
 

BastardHead wrote:
I'll be skeptically perusing every new Samael review in the queue from now until forever like a paranoid and picky English professor.

Hunching forward, squinting with suspicious knowing, jaw shifting unnaturally side to side. The transformation.
_________________
TheStormIRide wrote:
Strange whistling vocals in human monster? Color me intrigued.

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 9854
Location: Seattle, United States
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:06 pm 
 

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/I ... d_Of_Death

Something tells me that this reviewer expects all black metal to be kvlt, grim, and frostbitten. Add songs longer than 4 minutes and he calls it "technical". :durr:
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
dystopia4
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:47 pm
Posts: 3547
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:13 pm 
 

Yup, seems like this Warlord fellow has a very limited understanding of black metal and only recognizes it's stereotypes. Also, it almost seems as if he thinks that just because a riff is thrashy it is inherently technical.
_________________
http://ifthisishellthenimlucky.blogspot.ca/

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 9854
Location: Seattle, United States
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:17 pm 
 

This is the part that is laughable and embarassing:

Quote:
In Black Metal, it is widely known that it is a very minimalistic form of a music or to some not i suppose. But this release is far from minimalistic, and was the start of Immortal's merge of thrash metal with black metal. So therefore, this is not a BM album.

Metantoine or BH, wow, delete this garbage.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:15 pm
Posts: 1886
Location: Forgotten In Space
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:19 pm 
 

1) minimalistic = black metal, so:
2) not minimalistic = not black metal, therefore
3) not black metal = not good

:lol:

Top
 Profile  
dystopia4
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:47 pm
Posts: 3547
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:32 pm 
 

To be fair to the guy, it was his first review (he only managed three). Still, people shouldn't elaborate on how things fit in a genre if they don't understand said genre. Some of my first reviews were probably just as bad, actually now that I think about it, I should probably delete (and maybe rewrite later) my review of Skyclad's 2009 album (my second review), lest someone reads that garbage.
_________________
http://ifthisishellthenimlucky.blogspot.ca/

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 4095
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 pm 
 

OzzyApu wrote:
This is the part that is laughable and embarassing:

Quote:
In Black Metal, it is widely known that it is a very minimalistic form of a music or to some not i suppose. But this release is far from minimalistic, and was the start of Immortal's merge of thrash metal with black metal. So therefore, this is not a BM album.

Metantoine or BH, wow, delete this garbage.

Wait, what? Wait, WHAT?

I know next to nothing about black metal, and even I can tell that guy's full of shit.
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5402
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:09 pm 
 

Killed on grounds of factual inaccuracy (AtHoW is about as thrashy as... well something not very thrashy) and the fact that it's a track-by-tracker that gives up after three tracks. Holy shit those are my least favorite things in the world. Really, more than childhood cancer.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: JERKING THE CIRCLE IV: Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4973
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:38 pm 
 

OzzyApu wrote:
While I would consider this Grave's best album in recent years, I still really like RapeTheDead's negative one for As Rapture Comes. Lays out his points very well, and I do agree in part.

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/G ... apeTheDead


I really like this review, thanks for pointing it out. It thoroughly reminds me of everything I picked up in one listen to that album.

Top
 Profile  
Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 am
Posts: 4524
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:39 pm 
 

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/C ... imsonFloyd


Quote:
First of all, the bass is a rhythm instrument and unless we’re talking about Neal Pert, Les Claypool etc., the bass should stick to that roll.


Interesting.
_________________
I'm livin' for givin' the Devil his due...

Top
 Profile  
GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:36 pm
Posts: 2623
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:48 pm 
 

Quote:
First of all, the bass is a rhythm instrument and unless we’re talking about Neal Pert, Les Claypool etc., the bass should stick to that roll.

:|
_________________
Ismetal wrote:
GuntherTheUndying IS THE GAY NUMBER 1, HE DOESNT LIKE TO READ THE TRUTH, SO I THINK THIS PAGE IS FOR GAYS WHO WANTS TO READ MESSAGES LIKE "I LOVE MY BAND", "THEY ARE MY LOVE"

Thrashpit
Last FM

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:56 pm 
 

Neal Pert.

You know, that's honestly the first time I've heard someone complain about a bass not following the guitars. :lol:

EDIT: Hold on a second...Neil Peart...bass? :brick:
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 4095
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:57 pm 
 

Man, even one of the most popular Family Guy jokes involves the Cheetos cheetah saying, "There's no fucking drummer better than Neil Peart!"

How could anyone even have an excuse for missing that?
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
CrimsonFloyd
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 381
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:57 am 
 

Woops, should of fact checked there. I enjoy some Rush albums, but they've never been a group I've gone crazy over. Obviously I thought I knew the members better than I did. Anyway, I went back and fixed it.

Top
 Profile  
oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 6:25 pm
Posts: 5344
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:55 pm 
 

You have to see it, to believe it.
Well, he tries hard to contradict his user name.
_________________

I write for these magazines:
http://swirlsofnoise.com/
http://againstmagazine.com/

Analysis of band names:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103987

Top
 Profile  
Napero
GedankenPanzer

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:16 pm
Posts: 8537
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:43 pm 
 

CrimsonFloyd wrote:
Woops, should of fact checked there.

Certified are you to english? Kwyjibo!
_________________
Chest wounds suck (when properly inflicted).
-Butch-

Top
 Profile  
Grave_Wyrm
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm
Posts: 2211
Location: At the bottom of the lake
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:40 am 
 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Man, even one of the most popular Family Guy jokes involves the Cheetos cheetah saying, "There's no fucking drummer better than Neil Peart!"

How could anyone even have an excuse for missing that?

I mean .. I did because I don't watch that show and never listened to Rush. It's a decent excuse, I think.
_________________
TheStormIRide wrote:
Strange whistling vocals in human monster? Color me intrigued.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 206  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group