Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8459
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:20 pm 
 

Got the files, thanks man. I'll check it out shortly. Looks promising.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Burnyoursins
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:59 am
Posts: 947
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:05 am 
 

Just wondering if anyone has a review for Be'lakor's Of Breath And Bone in the works yet. And if not, can someone please do one?
_________________
My last.fm:
http://www.last.fm/user/OurFatherChaos

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

Top
 Profile  
orionmetalhead
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 2447
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:32 pm 
 

Looking for more reviews of Okketaehm - Stones. The first review to surface received a 90% score on Metal Archives. I have several promos left.

Also still have three promos for Diseased Oblivion left. PM if interested. I will send free promos to anyone interested in reviewing the material.
_________________
CONTAMINATED TONES - BLOG/LABEL/DISTRO
Facebook

Top
 Profile  
Carpathianchrist
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 387
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:37 pm 
 

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Mu ... emo/345009
Would like reviews for this please if anyone gets the time, it isn't released yet but the songs are on our soundcloud.

http://soundcloud.com/murustrictus

Top
 Profile  
Zero_Nowhere
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:11 pm
Posts: 513
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:51 am 
 

Carpathianchrist wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Murustrictus/Demo/345009
Would like reviews for this please if anyone gets the time, it isn't released yet but the songs are on our soundcloud.

http://soundcloud.com/murustrictus


Get the third song from the demo up onto soundcloud (or into my hands any other way) and I'll take a crack at it.

Top
 Profile  
Carpathianchrist
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 387
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:06 am 
 

PM sent. Cheers!

Top
 Profile  
halloflor
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:23 pm 
 

I am looking for someone to review my progressive power metal band Lör's "Requiem Demo"

The tracks are all uploaded to http://halloflor.bandcamp.com/

Thanks!

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4705
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:46 pm 
 

Finished everything from the last batch of stuff from this thread, three of them being top notch - 90% to Okketaehm's "Stones", 95% for Prajna's "Lost in the Void", and 100% for Bound By Entrails "The Stars Bode You Farewell". Thanks to everyone who made/released/requested the reviews for this music, it's gems like the BBE album that make this worth it.

halloflor wrote:
I am looking for someone to review my progressive power metal band Lör's "Requiem Demo"

The tracks are all uploaded to http://halloflor.bandcamp.com/

Thanks!


Reviewed this. I was excited to hear some progressive power metal, but I did not enjoy it.

Moving backwards in the thread and reviewing demos right now.

Top
 Profile  
halloflor
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:20 am 
 

thanks for the review regardless! we still appreciate you taking the time. There are valid points that we actually agree with and we will work on improving ourselves. Tis only a demo after all. cheers!

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8459
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:51 am 
 

BlackWidow1992 wrote:
I'm Adam from the traditional/doom metal band After Illusion, and I would be honored if somebody would check out our self-titled 2010 demo! We'd love to get some feedback from the metal community, and this is the best site for metal on the web! Whether it be good or bad, we would be ecstatic if somebody would give the tunes a listen and give a review!

Here's the metal archives page: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Aft ... ion/112236

The demo

Life and Death - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPcXjwG8 ... ature=plcp
Black Ritual - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDh9vrG_ ... ure=relmfu
Nosferatu - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6URLB6uz7mw
Zombie Hunger (Saint Vitus cover) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y36hlFBf ... ure=relmfu

Thanks everybody!


Here it is: http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/A ... Metantoine

Sorry if the score is not high, but that's what I had to say about your stuff. It was my first request-a-review review, it was a cool experience. Keep dooming, man!
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:15 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Forgotten In Space
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:53 am 
 

:lol: Man, you are one tough bastard as always, Zodi. I don't think the random bands that pass through here realize how difficult it is to earn one of your high ratings. That's why I simply had to check out Bound by Entrails after you gave it your highest recommendation, and they now have my money. If anything, your style works, and there's really no better thing one can do than give direct support to the bands that earn it.

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4705
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:31 am 
 

halloflor wrote:
thanks for the review regardless! we still appreciate you taking the time. There are valid points that we actually agree with and we will work on improving ourselves. Tis only a demo after all. cheers!


Glad to offer some feedback.

Metal_Detector wrote:
:lol: Man, you are one tough bastard as always, Zodi. I don't think the random bands that pass through here realize how difficult it is to earn one of your high ratings. That's why I simply had to check out Bound by Entrails after you gave it your highest recommendation, and they now have my money. If anything, your style works, and there's really no better thing one can do than give direct support to the bands that earn it.


I'm glad you appreciated that review and checked out the album, it took a very long time to do the album justice with a review, and I spent hours trying to find words and perfect the descriptions. Knowing how long it took me to become comfortable reviewing that, I can't imagine how much effort went into it on the band's part.

I try to be constructive with words when I find things that I like about demos, and I also aim to be honest when I think stuff is weak. One thing to note is that when scoring demos, I keep everything relative, be it a 2012 demo from this thread, or a 1988 demo from a legendary band. 45% for Mangled's demo may seem low and harsh, but I'm not inclined to go back and listen to it. I gave Maximum Oversatan's demo 85%, and I really mean it when I rank it up there with Merciless' demos of a similar style. Unfortunately, I have sorted through quite a bit of junk when I have decided to review demos and EPs, and even more that I didn't review, but it's all a part of searching for new music.

Top
 Profile  
hells_unicorn
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:32 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:09 am 
 

If there's anybody here that isn't allergic to the concept of mixing Folk/Viking metal with hardcore, I'd love to get some reviews for Frost Giant's new EP "When Myth And History Merged Into Mystery". It's the first 5 songs on the stereokiller page listed below. And if anyone wants some revenge for a favorite album that I trashed with a review, I also happen to play on this album also. :-P

http://www.stereokiller.com/frostgiant
_________________
My projects:
Frost Giant
Ominous Glory

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 18605
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:23 pm 
 

You have a project that mixes folk/viking with hardcore? I never would have guessed that about you.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Curse of the Zodiac

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5074
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:46 pm 
 

Empyreal wrote:
You have a project that mixes folk/viking with hardcore? I never would have guessed that about you.


I personally didn't hear much hardcore in it outside of maybe the vocals, which is upsetting because the mixture seemed really unique and interesting.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Arch Enemy - War Eternal

Top
 Profile  
hells_unicorn
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:32 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:59 pm 
 

BastardHead wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
You have a project that mixes folk/viking with hardcore? I never would have guessed that about you.


I personally didn't hear much hardcore in it outside of maybe the vocals, which is upsetting because the mixture seemed really unique and interesting.


@Empyreal - Technically it's not my project per say, I'm sort of along for the ride on this one. All the songwriting is done by Matt Frost, who also does the vocals, I simply provide the lead guitar work and have had some minor input on a couple of the songs ("Here's To The Reckoning" and "Relic", neither of which are part of the EP in question).

@BastardHead - It varies from song to song, I would argue that "Not While I Draw Breath", "Heathen's Lament" and the Adele cover have the most overt hardcore influences musically, but intermingled with a lot of melodeath and Viking ideas. If you're judging the sound based on the first two song, I definitely see why you wouldn't be picking up many hardcore influences since "My Life For Yours" sounds more like a Helloween meets Ensiferum sound and "A Common Son" almost comes off as having a pop-punk influence, but at about twice the normal tempo and with off-kilter vocals.
_________________
My projects:
Frost Giant
Ominous Glory

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Top
 Profile  
halloflor
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:14 pm 
 

thanks for the review hells_unicorn! appreciate it! I'm actually familiar with frost giant because they are in the area. I liked what I heard. I think i came across them on swordmetal.com when that was still around. thanks again!

Top
 Profile  
hells_unicorn
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:32 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:56 pm 
 

halloflor wrote:
thanks for the review hells_unicorn! appreciate it! I'm actually familiar with frost giant because they are in the area. I liked what I heard. I think i came across them on swordmetal.com when that was still around. thanks again!


My pleasure, I try to look into anyone from Pennsylvania that I happen to come across. You guys have got a pretty good foundation at work on those 3 songs, just needs a bit more focus and attitude. I've basically been involved with Frost Giant since about the time it formed (my own primary project Ominous Glory is probably a bit closer to your guys' sound, but it'll probably take a while before we get anything recorded properly), but it took a while to amass all of the necessary materials to actually put together a decent product, and for the most part our vocalist Matt (who is probably the reason why you know about us) has done most of the heavy lifting in terms of songwriting, production and infrastructure.

At some point fairly soon we're going to be playing out. Maybe we'll cross paths in the near future.
_________________
My projects:
Frost Giant
Ominous Glory

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Top
 Profile  
halloflor
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:43 pm 
 

We look forward to it! Always looking to play with good bands!

Top
 Profile  
Razakel
Nekroprince

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:36 pm
Posts: 4844
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:04 pm 
 

Yo, hells_unicorn, you should hit the new Rhapsody! I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Top
 Profile  
hells_unicorn
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:32 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:00 pm 
 

Razakel wrote:
Yo, hells_unicorn, you should hit the new Rhapsody! I'd be interested to hear what you think.


I just got my copy yesterday so it may in a day or two, but I'm on it. Do you think you would like to check out my band's EP on the link in my previous post and give it some love, I'm looking for honest opinions, but even overly polite ass-kissing will suffice as it hasn't gotten a whole lot of attention yet.
_________________
My projects:
Frost Giant
Ominous Glory

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Top
 Profile  
TopHats
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:48 am
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:43 pm 
 

Hey! I play in a Dark Cabaret/ Avant-Garde (whatever that really means) band that has a demo out. We would really appreciate it if anyone would like to review it! You can download the tracks for free here: http://tophatsandeffigies.bandcamp.com/ or http://www.mediafire.com/?vcj1elnhecnqk2k Thanks in advance to anyone who takes a listen!

Top
 Profile  
overkill666
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:40 am 
 

Haven't seen anyone say anything about my post, so I'll post it again. My band Death Inquisition has released an ep entitled 918. We're looking to get some reviews up here so we can see what people think about it. Anyone who takes the time to review it will recieve a free copy, of course. We're the Death Inquisition from Tulsa, Oklahoma. I believe there's also one from Santa ana, California.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d7bdymanw8yva1p
_________________
Rough and ready sludge metal from Oklahoma: http://www.facebook.com/lungbuttertulsa

Top
 Profile  
overkill666
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:54 am 
 

TopHats wrote:
Hey! I play in a Dark Cabaret/ Avant-Garde (whatever that really means) band that has a demo out. We would really appreciate it if anyone would like to review it! You can download the tracks for free here: http://tophatsandeffigies.bandcamp.com/ or http://www.mediafire.com/?vcj1elnhecnqk2k Thanks in advance to anyone who takes a listen!


I'm in love with this demo. I'll be sure to give you a review.
_________________
Rough and ready sludge metal from Oklahoma: http://www.facebook.com/lungbuttertulsa

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4705
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:56 am 
 

I listened to Top Hats, Death Inquisition, Frost Giant, and others a few days ago, I'm listening again and writing reviews today.

I also noticed, after reviewing, that Top Hats and Effigies is a side-project of Lor. Nothing against you guys, but I really hate listening to your music. I'll submit the review when after this batch is proofread.

Top
 Profile  
hells_unicorn
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:32 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:14 pm 
 

Zodijackyl wrote:
I listened to Top Hats, Death Inquisition, Frost Giant, and others a few days ago, I'm listening again and writing reviews today.

I also noticed, after reviewing, that Top Hats and Effigies is a side-project of Lor. Nothing against you guys, but I really hate listening to your music. I'll submit the review when after this batch is proofread.


Much obliged for the attention on Frost Giant EP Zodi, even if it turns out you hate my stuff even more than Lor. ;)
_________________
My projects:
Frost Giant
Ominous Glory

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Top
 Profile  
TopHats
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:48 am
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 pm 
 

Hey thanks guys for taking a listen! Even if you turn out to hate it. Negative reviews are at least fun to read haha. @hells_unicorn, hope he likes it! Cheers guys!

Top
 Profile  
overkill666
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:11 pm 
 

Zodijackyl wrote:
I listened to Top Hats, Death Inquisition, Frost Giant, and others a few days ago, I'm listening again and writing reviews today.

I also noticed, after reviewing, that Top Hats and Effigies is a side-project of Lor. Nothing against you guys, but I really hate listening to your music. I'll submit the review when after this batch is proofread.


Awesome. Thanks for deciding to write for us.
_________________
Rough and ready sludge metal from Oklahoma: http://www.facebook.com/lungbuttertulsa

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4705
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:33 pm 
 

Finished the last three requested reviews (THaE, Frost Giant, Death Inquisition). Waiting on the DI one to be approved.

Burnyoursins wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has a review for Be'lakor's Of Breath And Bone in the works yet. And if not, can someone please do one?


It hasn't been released in the US and it doesn't seem to be floating around the internet, so I won't be reviewing it any time soon. :thumbsdown:

FagsAreGay wrote:
my band: Suffer the Silence
album: Good Mourning (2012)
genre: death/doom
origin: TX, USA

sufferthesilence.bandcamp.com
Entire album available for FREE download.


Listening to this one now.

MalignantThrone wrote:
The website seriously needs some more negative/mediocre reviews for Meshuggah's new album - all the reviews so far give the impression that the reviewers would have given it a 100% even if it sounded like a turd sizzling on a grill with sound clips of domestic child abuse instead of riffs, simply because the album in question has the Meshuggah logo on the cover.


If you write one, I'll write one. Agreed? :evil: I am both sick of the band and completely disinterested by their brand of technical wankery and having figured out what they do rhythmically, it's something that you can't not hear once you've heard it. That's a good way to describe all of their songs after you've heard one. :( I figured there would be tons of people voicing their opinions, but it only has seven reviews.

Top
 Profile  
MattFrost
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 186
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:42 pm 
 

halloflor wrote:
thanks for the review hells_unicorn! appreciate it! I'm actually familiar with frost giant because they are in the area. I liked what I heard. I think i came across them on swordmetal.com when that was still around. thanks again!


I remember Swordmetal, I was posting the first rough recordings on there. That was what, four or five years ago? It's sad that the place sort of went to the dogs just when it could have taken off, but, things happen. Wonder whatever happened to all those people?

I also want to thank Zodi for the positive feedback as well as the points of criticism in his review of the Frost Giant EP. It's always interesting to hear other people's take on the music no matter what, and from the review it's apparent that you have a fine set of ears that doesn't miss very much.
_________________
http://frostgiant.stereokiller.com

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:56 pm 
 

Zodijackyl wrote:
If you write one, I'll write one. Agreed? :evil: I am both sick of the band and completely disinterested by their brand of technical wankery and having figured out what they do rhythmically, it's something that you can't not hear once you've heard it. That's a good way to describe all of their songs after you've heard one. :( I figured there would be tons of people voicing their opinions, but it only has seven reviews.

My experience with Meshuggah is really splotchy in that I've heard full-lengths across the various eras of their existence, but as someone who really liked obZen, it pains me to say that Koloss is pretty much shit the whole way through. Compared to its predecessor, it's lazier, way more mechanical while still trying to maintain the band's recovered speed, and it overall leaves no impression on me after hearing it. You know you've fucked up when the guy who likes Last Days of Humanity thinks your album is a bunch of repetitive, emotionally void noise.
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:31 pm
Posts: 2640
Location: U.S.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:07 pm 
 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Burnyoursins wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has a review for Be'lakor's Of Breath And Bone in the works yet. And if not, can someone please do one?


It hasn't been released in the US and it doesn't seem to be floating around the internet, so I won't be reviewing it any time soon. :thumbsdown:

Wait wait. I was wondering how nobody has reviewed it either, especially autothrall. It is in fact floating around the internet considering I acquired it that way a few weeks ago. Bah.

Anyway, my review of it: It's amazing.
_________________
In pale light I wander on

Top
 Profile  
Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:15 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Forgotten In Space
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:10 pm 
 

Yeah, I got it over a month ago...

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5237
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:29 am 
 

Here's a request for reviews for both Verdorben demos. Both are raw black metal with a strong dosage of punk, the latter having more punk influence than the former. They both sure were a hell of a lot of fun to play/record, and I really enjoy listening to them occasionally.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?upyuda7z9a1pg0i
MA page: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Verdorben/105168
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
kurtangler
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:31 am
Posts: 14
Location: Singapore
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:46 am 
 

Sanity Obscure (SG) would appreciate and encourage reviews if you're looking for a band to review.

Metal Archives link : http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/San ... 3540265881
Facebook link : https://www.facebook.com/SanityObscureSG

Sanity Obscure (SG) has just released the album "Subterranean Constellation" for digital download on Bandcamp. If you like the music, you can purchase individual tracks ($1.20 USD) or the full album ($8.00) from the Bandcamp page here : http://sanityobscuresg.bandcamp.com/

Guest musicians/appearances include Kevin Hufnagel (GORGUTS, DYSRHYTHMIA) and Bruce Lamont (YAKUZA). Mastered by Colin Marston (BEHOLD... THE ARCTOPUS, GORGUTS DYSRHYTHMIA).

The album is said to be for fans of Voivod, Nocturnus, Pestilence, Anacrusis, Atheist, Death and many more. If you like a blend of Technical Thrash Metal with experimental touches, moods of space and sheer intensity, you might like this release.

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4705
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:21 pm 
 

I listened to Suffer the Silence, the album is really long and sort of dragged out, it's going to be tough to review. I might take a while on that one.

kurtangler wrote:
The album is said to be for fans of Voivod, Nocturnus, Pestilence, Anacrusis, Atheist, Death and many more. If you like a blend of Technical Thrash Metal with experimental touches, moods of space and sheer intensity, you might like this release.


Reviewed Sanity Obscure. I'm a fan of most of those bands but found it completely uninteresting.

droneriot wrote:
Here's a request for reviews for both Verdorben demos. Both are raw black metal with a strong dosage of punk, the latter having more punk influence than the former. They both sure were a hell of a lot of fun to play/record, and I really enjoy listening to them occasionally.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?upyuda7z9a1pg0i
MA page: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Verdorben/105168


Downloaded them, will review them in the near future.

Snowgrave wrote:
Wait wait. I was wondering how nobody has reviewed it either, especially autothrall. It is in fact floating around the internet considering I acquired it that way a few weeks ago. Bah.


I didn't see it, and it's so much easier when bands are posting their own stuff in here so I have somewhere to download it. :P Perhaps you should write a proper review!

MalignantThrone wrote:
Zodijackyl wrote:
If you write one, I'll write one. Agreed? :evil: I am both sick of the band and completely disinterested by their brand of technical wankery and having figured out what they do rhythmically, it's something that you can't not hear once you've heard it. That's a good way to describe all of their songs after you've heard one. :( I figured there would be tons of people voicing their opinions, but it only has seven reviews.

My experience with Meshuggah is really splotchy in that I've heard full-lengths across the various eras of their existence, but as someone who really liked obZen, it pains me to say that Koloss is pretty much shit the whole way through. Compared to its predecessor, it's lazier, way more mechanical while still trying to maintain the band's recovered speed, and it overall leaves no impression on me after hearing it. You know you've fucked up when the guy who likes Last Days of Humanity thinks your album is a bunch of repetitive, emotionally void noise.


So are you going to write a review?

MattFrost wrote:
I also want to thank Zodi for the positive feedback as well as the points of criticism in his review of the Frost Giant EP. It's always interesting to hear other people's take on the music no matter what, and from the review it's apparent that you have a fine set of ears that doesn't miss very much.


Thanks for making music that I enjoyed listening to! I really like how you mixed familiar elements in an unconventional manner. It's one of the releases that I've taken away from this thread as something I'll listen to again.

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:16 am 
 

@Zodi: yeah, I'll see if I can whip one up. It'll take a while, though, I've been kind of busy lately.
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
man_of_shadows814
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:30 am
Posts: 7
Location: France
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:42 am 
 

I Would like to see more rewiews of the french Power Metal band Nightmare, especially for their latest release "The Burden Of God", which is a killer one. This band surely deserves more international recognition and praises.

Thank for reading

Top
 Profile  
Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:15 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Forgotten In Space
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:32 pm 
 

Finally finished my Bound by Entrails review. It kind of takes a more rambling, less specific (and probably not as helpful) approach than Zodi took, but the opinion on the record is fairly similar. ;)

Top
 Profile  
jute
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:30 am
Posts: 146
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:10 pm 
 

Would anyone be interested in reviewing Saprogenic's sophomore album, Ichneumonid? I haven't heard it, but their first album is wonderful brutal death.
_________________
Jute Gyte - experimental black metal, electronics

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 60  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group