* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Rusted and Rotting
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:13 am 

captain_che wrote:
Rusted and Rotting wrote:
Bumping this up because I am really genuinely interested to hear from somebody about Season of Mist and if preordering/ordering from them is reliable. Thanks.

I ordered the Paracletus + t-shirt package from SOM. It was a little late, but they threw in a free CD for the trouble. I don't remember what CD it was at the moment, but I thought it a nice gesture. That's my only experience with SOM, though. If I recall correctly, they weren't happy with the first t-shirt print-run and did it all over again, hence the delay. I don't know if they're unreliable, but I'd order from them again based on this one experience. I'd like very much to believe they were genuinely unhappy with the shirts, not just lying to cover the delay :)

New track is killer, by the way.

Cool, thanks. I think I'll try preordering from them. I'm usually an Amazon guy because they are reliable and cheap, but I'll give SOM a try. Also, I don't think Amazon is sending it out until the beginning of July. I don't know if I want to wait those extra days. :)

Digging the preview track. Very excited for the full EP. Can't wait!
"I am drunk as fuck, driving around town drunk, I'm on dope, and I want you to call the police. Not only that, but I got a loaded hand gun right here. I'm gonna start firing this off. So please call the cops." --Ricky, "Trailer Park Boys"

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:36 am 

Cool stuff. DsO is always pretty good these days, and the post-SMRC sound is really something. Can't wait until it comes out.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:41 pm 

Season of Fist sucks.

MalariaMosquito
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:57 pm 

KFD wrote:
Season of Fist sucks.

Why?

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:02 am 

Because it's a major-like, marketing-oriented label, and most bands who signed on it have followed a shitty evolution (see Watain or Arckanum).

I don't see why DSO work with them, unless for money or targeting a wider audience (like the Dimmu Burger fans).

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:28 am 

Do you happen to know that many bands, you know the less public-friendly, are actually distributed and aggregated in their sub-label called Underground Activists? Same with Dodecahedron and many others.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:59 am 

Managed to listen to the song just now. It's an interesting direction, to say the least. Less melody, more harsh, aggressive brutality. While I do appreciate bands treading new grounds, this track is pretty messy; at least, the first half of it.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

jerk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:00 am 

Agreed there, it's kind of a mess. "Abrasive Swirling Murk" sums up this song pretty accurately, I reckon. That said, not bad, though I'd have liked to hear a few more of the melodic elements that (in my opinion) really make their work shine by contrasting the technical parts.

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:50 am 

That's Deathspell Omega, maybe you were looking for something else.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:52 am 

You can't deny that this is quite different from Paracletus, which seems to be most people's favourite album.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:27 pm 

It sounds similar to Paracletus to me.

I preordered it.

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:59 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
It sounds similar to Paracletus to me.

Ditto.

triggerhappy wrote:
You can't deny that this is quite different from Paracletus, which seems to be most people's favourite album.

My favorite is probably Si Monumentum. There's a lot of love for Paracletus but to say that it seems to be most people's favorite is probably a little off-base.

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:05 pm 

I don't have a favorite. Everything I listen to any one (of the last three) I find something new and the focus shifts.

satanic_neumann
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:41 am 

From Noevdia's website:

To be released on June 22nd – pre-orders accepted now.

To be released around the 9th of July (minor delays are possible) :

DEATHSPELL OMEGA vinyl box

Contains 7 picture discs with all of the recordings related to the trilogy :

„Si Monumentum...“

„Kénôse“

„Mass Grave Aesthetics“ & „Diabolus Absconditus“

„Fas...“

„Paracletus“

„Chaining the Katechon“ & „Drought“

It comes with 7 art prints, a poster & a 60-page psalter"

So it seems Drought is released again through Noevdia for Europe, and thats great. Also, finally when trilogy is concluded, massive box containing the whole shit is unleashed. This is what i've been waiting for.

MalariaMosquito
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:11 pm 

Amazon samples are up:
http://www.amazon.com/Drought/dp/B0085NNI3A/

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:39 pm 

Sounds like they're keeping things really chaotic. Salowe Vision is the one I'm most interested in.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Rusted and Rotting
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:59 pm 

Initially tried preordering from Season of Mist. Thought everything went well until I get an email a few days later from a guy at the company saying that they have a question or something about my credit card and that my order was cancelled as a result. They then suggested I use paypal. What? So instead I preordered from Amazon (with the same credit card). Bah. I don't know what the deal was, since it's a credit card I have used before to order pretty much everything online. I really didn't feel like dealing with some shit. Amazon likes my money just fine (they like it enough to constantly send me recommendations and hound me for new purchases...hahaha). I've never had an issue with them (knock on wood).

Anyway, the release is getting close. And I am so goddamn excited for it!
"I am drunk as fuck, driving around town drunk, I'm on dope, and I want you to call the police. Not only that, but I got a loaded hand gun right here. I'm gonna start firing this off. So please call the cops." --Ricky, "Trailer Park Boys"

Cynical_Misanthropy
Sect of Sorrow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:52 pm 

Wow, I cannot wait until this is out. "Sand" and "The Crackled Book of Life" (sick song title) appeal the most to me based on those short samples on amazon. Four more days.

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:50 pm 

Looks familiar? :)

http://www.cmaj.ca/content/181/1-2/63

(1st photo)

thomash
Metal Philosopher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:02 am 

KFD wrote:
Because it's a major-like, marketing-oriented label,

:lol:

Read: Norma Evangelium Diaboli is an effectively run label since a label's job description is to market bands' recorded work.

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:09 am 

japc wrote:
Looks familiar? :)

http://www.cmaj.ca/content/181/1-2/63

(1st photo)

Very cool find. Looking forward to this release, as DSO have effectively become one of my all time favorite bands over the years, so, as always, I expect a lot. Also planning on getting that insanely awesome box set as well... I actually don't own any vinyl and am thinking that such a set might be a great way to start a collection.

ld50
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:39 am 

If you're looking for a good place to buy from, you can buy it from Mikko Aspa's label Northern Heritage. Money goes directly to Mikko (and DsO, obviously).

DEATHSPELL OMEGA "drought" mcd (pre-order!) (9.00,-) NEW Pre-order only! Shipping will be only at official releasedate! June 22. 2012

"ANY amount of cd, tape, 7", zine, t-shirt: international shipping ONLY 3 euro!!"

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:14 am 

its leaked for anyone who is interested. quality little EP too, similar approach to that of paracletus. gonna be on heavy rotation the next couple of days

Aftermath1349
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:14 am 

Really enjoying it. I desperately need the lyrics now.

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:11 pm 

Aftermath1349 wrote:
Really enjoying it. I desperately need the lyrics now.

Ditto. I'm basically obsessed with them at this point. Lyrically and musically. Spinning it for the second time right now...SO GOOD. Seriously, this band guys...goddamn.

AmberSilkAmbiguity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:16 pm 

This band is the very definition of "ground-breaking" music, no matter how one perceives it.

-Benedict de Spinoza

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:52 am 

It's a really good EP. I particularly love the first and last songs. It's cool that aposkasis pantheon wasn't a one of and they wrote more of those slower eerie songs.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:05 am 

Me likey, this is nice nugget sized DsO plus a little melody. All the reasons I put praise on Dodecahedron has be drastically outdone by the masters.

Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:03 pm 

Pretty good, some of the riffage on this album actually reminds me of The Dillinger Escape Plan, and that's not a bad thing. They are also a little more melodic than usual, which is a breath of fresh air.

Soul_Holocaust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:27 pm 

That was a sweet listen. I'm loving the more technical riffage. Hoping for a full-length soon.

worlddementia
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:08 pm 

Aeonblade wrote:
macrocosm wrote:
Am I the only one who noticed there was almost nothing but praise for Fas until Paracletus came out?

Fas is a bit of a mess. Some really cool sections, but overall there's too much dissonant bullshit going on. And I thought this long before Paracletus came out.

Yeah, it's been seconded one thousand times, but I'm glad this was brought up. Paracletus is much more complete, and has a much more desirable production. My closest friends disagree, but whenever I ask them what they like about Fas better, they bring up really specific parts. Not things that are present throughout the album, more like riffs and sections.

Personally, I fucking hated DOS when I first heard them. I listened to Paracletus because I liked the art and couldn't remember why I didn't like them, and was fucking shocked. Jesus christ, what a wretched and dark piece of work. Paracletus has all the direction that Fas lacked, on top of containing way better riffs and production.

You have to remember, these are the same guys that were doing the whole Darkthrone-clone deal in the beginning. Then they went on a path that (to me, at least) lead up to Paracletus. The next release may not be much like Paracletus, although it's more likely than not. I guess what I'm saying is despite their recent consistency, the past tells us that they might head in a totally unexpected direction. I kind of hope to be blown away by something totally new, but if they kept up their good work, I'd be perfectly content.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:55 pm 

They usually release EP's as a kind of annex to their records, following the sound and building upon it slightly, before progressing with their next album which turns out even better. Drought is a clear annex of Paracletus. If they continue along these lines, their next album should be mindblowing. Then again, they have finished their "trilogy". So who knows?

maxxpower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:10 am 

The reason why Paracletus is more enjoyable(IMO), is because it actually features an audible bass.

Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:57 am 

You are saying you can't hear the bass on tracks like 'The Crackled Book of Life'?

Soul_Holocaust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:58 am 

If you can't hear the bass, get your hands on a new sound system.

maxxpower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:34 pm 

Sorry, I mostly meant the more chaotic EPs and albums like Kenose, Veritas Diaboli, and Fen, I still haven't gotten my hands on this new EP. It's similar to how Leviathan's All Conspiracy Against All Life features basically no bass on it. Fen is a really cool album with aggressive guitars, but compared to Paracletus which also has aggressive and complex riffs but it also has really good melodies and most importantly, the bass plays an important role.

vashts80
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:48 pm 

I can hear the bass perfectly fine on everything SMRC-now...you must not be listening very hard. There's a LOT of really cool shit going on in Kenose.

Aftermath1349
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:20 pm 

Even if it were the case that you couldn't hear the bass it would only be a slight problem seeing as how their use of bass is often very boring.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:32 am 

maxxpower wrote:
Sorry, I mostly meant the more chaotic EPs and albums like Kenose, Veritas Diaboli, and Fen, I still haven't gotten my hands on this new EP. It's similar to how Leviathan's All Conspiracy Against All Life features basically no bass on it. Fen is a really cool album with aggressive guitars, but compared to Paracletus which also has aggressive and complex riffs but it also has really good melodies and most importantly, the bass plays an important role.

What is "Fen"? I think you mean "Fas..."

I'm liking this one so far, Abrasive Swirling Murk is pretty cool.

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:28 pm 

It's all about "Fiery Serpents" for me. That song...holy fuck. Get chills listening to it every time.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next