* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:40 am 

TheOldOne wrote:
IX Leviathan wrote:
@TheOldOne What part of Scotia did you live in?

LaHave area, just a mile or two away from Crescent Beach (I think.), if you know where that is.

Oh yeah. Just a little bit passed Lunenburg, nice. Quite the scenic area down there. I'm from the Cole Harbour/Cow Bay area myself. Constant shitty weather, but a nice scenery on the coastline.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:42 am 

ralfikk123 wrote:
I met BastardHead at a show a few weeks ago. Cool dude, but we didn't drink, sadly. Drinking and driving is bad!

I don't drink anyway, haha. True story, Waffles is taller than I. Wouldn't've guessed.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

~Guest 285672
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:53 am 

Yeah, I live relitively close to Ralfik and BastardHead as well. Perhaps I'll stop for a visit sometime when there's a show or something. (hint)

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:41 pm 

Sometimes I think the MA family is a bit too comfortable with eachother.

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:46 pm 

Markov wrote:
Yeah, I live relitively close to Ralfik and BastardHead as well. Perhaps I'll stop for a visit sometime when there's a show or something. (hint)

Dude yer kernt I've been telling you for weeks now about the heavy festival in May. Come down, its two days, you can catch a sleeper at my house *winky winky* haha.

BastardHead wrote:
I don't drink anyway, haha. True story, Waffles is taller than I. Wouldn't've guessed.

Well, only by a bit! But you scored a lot of merch that night man!

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:54 pm 

And now I'm three hundred bucks in debt, haha. Don't be like me, kids!
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:05 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Sometimes I think the MA family is a bit too comfortable with eachother.

The stuff people will share with anonymous strangers at times is horrifying.

wintermoonlight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:53 am 

I'm sure i've met people from MA without knowing it at concerts.
I have the choice of going to shows in Joliet,Chicago or Milwaukee.
Don't make it out to a lot of shows anymore since the Pearl Room Shut Down(RIP)
Last show I was at was Alcest/Enslaved in Chicago.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:24 am 

few more to add to the list:

Failsafeman- knows his metal, not sure if I approve of his hair colour but oh well, real friendly, rather short.
Paankster- beard somewhere between hilarious and awesome, warm, funny guy, rather short
Tomcat_Ha- chilled out, probably as different to me as you can get but I think we got along well, quiet, nerdy but was good to talk to, rather short.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:33 am 

I've never met anyone from MA who actually identified themselves as such, but I'm sure I'd have met at least the Melbournians on here at some gig or another; the same people turn up to most gigs anyway. Including that weird bunch of 3-5 middle aged skinheads that is so ubiquitous that my friends and I have started a drinking game based on their appearances at gigs.

Rusted and Rotting
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:39 pm 

Kohnsu wrote:
Negative. Honestly I haven't met any actual metalheads IRL before

I can relate to this. I'm sure the people who work at the local record shop near me (a Newbury Comics store) listen to some metal (I know the manager listens to some stoner/doom and likes Dax Riggs' [singer for Acid Bath] solo stuff), but the few people I hang around with and that I know well/are close to are not into metal at all (my girlfriend mostly listens to country and alternative rock). I don't frequent areas with "metal" activity, and I really don't "look" like your typical metalhead [that is, if we care to characterize metalheads as having a "look"--I tend to at least associate the wearing of metal band shirts/vests and tattoos as being characteristic of "metalheads," but that's it. I'm not stupid enough to believe in the torrent of metal stereotypes as far as image and personality are concerned, being that I myself am about as far away from those stereotypes as one can be], so I don't ever run into any other metalheads. I tend to garner some very bizarre and oftentimes alarmed looks from people if I ever talk music with them in person, and by the way I look/dress, I'm sure the staff of the Newbury Comics I frequent expected to sell me a couple DMB records, a Tucker Max book, and a Will Ferrell "cowbell" t-shirt the first time I went in, and were thoroughly shocked when I put Watain and Prostitute Disfigurement albums down on the counter. :)

RapeTheDead wrote:
Maybe it's cause all the weirdos stay at home and don't go to shows.

That's me. I've never been to a metal show before. I really only like to listen to metal when I'm at home digging in my crawlspace.

Haha. Anyway, I think the idea of running into someone from MA in real life is intriguing. I have no idea where or when this would happen to me, but it would probably be funny.
"I am drunk as fuck, driving around town drunk, I'm on dope, and I want you to call the police. Not only that, but I got a loaded hand gun right here. I'm gonna start firing this off. So please call the cops." --Ricky, "Trailer Park Boys"

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:06 am 

Markov wrote:

One of these days I'll meet up with you guys. I work weekends, so it complicates everything. One of these days. But if any of you bros try to touch me, so help me god, your parents won't be able to identify your bodies.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

circleofdestruction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:58 pm 

Quote:
RapeTheDead wrote:
Maybe it's cause all the weirdos stay at home and don't go to shows.

That's me. I've never been to a metal show before. I really only like to listen to metal when I'm at home digging in my crawlspace.

Haha. Anyway, I think the idea of running into someone from MA in real life is intriguing. I have no idea where or when this would happen to me, but it would probably be funny.

This. I only come out of my cave to buy pizza and whiskey, and to go to doctors cuz I'm a sick fuck. I hate crowds so I haven't been to a show since the 90s. You just can't feel like a tr00 misanthropic BM person while socializing too much IRL. =0P

Not a lot of metal people in these parts, I think, though I suppose I look vaguely metal-ish. Last time I was hospitalized, the doctors and nurses acted like they'd never seen tattoos of pentagrams and rotting corpses before, I felt a bit like a circus freak. ^_^ Next Wednesday I am seeing a new dermatologist about a skin rash on my leg, so I imagine the experience of being a circus freak will be repeated. Good times.
CircleOfDestruction zine #18|Video-Nasties.net | My Art Site

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:50 pm 

I have hung out with thomash the most, he sometimes lets me stay over when I get too drunk in Chicago. I don't know why, because I'm an awful guest. I have met Ribos and I've argued with thinkpad20. I think I've been at a few of the same shows as BastardHead.

Hung out with ortab and WebOfPiss at MDF 2010. Met Count_V and imntbatman. Abominatrix is a cool dude.

There may be more, but my memory is generally shite.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:19 pm 

Yeah we met at Destruction in 09 at The Pearl Room. I see Ribos plenty on Facebook but I've only actually bumped into he and thomash at one other show (Nile/Immolation/Krisiun in January '10). I don't remember much of thinkpad20 unfortunately, and I lost you guys after the Destruction show so I missed the opportunity to converse in an environment that wasn't full of blasting thrash. I was with a group of friends anyway and they probably would have found it odd. On the bright side, while you dorks went to White Castle, I went to Denny's and met the Krisiun brothers, so there!

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:29 pm 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
Markov wrote:

One of these days I'll meet up with you guys. I work weekends, so it complicates everything. One of these days. But if any of you bros try to touch me, so help me god, your parents won't be able to identify your bodies.

Sure, because there is anything to touch!

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:03 am 

Not sure if this is the matter of the thread but is anybody going to this year's Hellfest?
It would be great to meet some of you!

Oblivion_Gene
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:36 am 

Another Chicago-area native here. I know Gelseth_Andrano (what's up, pussy?!) from a couple mutual friends who either currently post here or have in the past... I don't know their usernames but if you're one of the those guys in the Dekalb/West burbs then there's a possibility we know one another or have at least met at shows.

orionparker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:37 pm 

Never met anyone from MA. Hell I doubt if anyone on here lives anywhere close to me...anyone from or near Northwest Florida/South Alabama?

Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:41 pm 

I was engaged to a guy that was on here, but him and I were together before we joined, aside from that I don't think I've met anyone on here.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:21 pm 

orionparker wrote:
Never met anyone from MA. Hell I doubt if anyone on here lives anywhere close to me...anyone from or near Northwest Florida/South Alabama?

South MS. so I'm probably roughly 5 hours away from you.

orionparker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:17 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

That's awesome dude. I never expected anyone to be that close (I bet its probably not even 5 hours). We should work something out...maybe at a good concert or something, if one ever decides to come close.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:11 pm 

I'll be in Ireland again from August 9th - 22nd, if any users around Dublin or Galway want to grab pints and talk metal I'd be down.

P.S. I'm strongly considering going to the Thin Lizzy concert on the 16th (I think it is?) in Dublin, but I don't think I have anyone to go with, since soverysorry will probably be in Finland.

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm 

I'm well-acquainted with a certain group in the Toronto scene, most of whom are MA users. However, the only person off here I've met that anyone here would know is Abominatrix. Met him back in 2010. Nice dude. We shared a cab home on our way back from a show back in January of this year when I idiotically got us on the wrong streetcar and wound up at the wrong subway station that took him out of his way. It was late and the city's transit system was closing for the night by the time we had arrived at the station and I felt bad about my blunder so I paid for his cab ride home even though he insisted on me not doing so. Regardless, it was a fun night.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:43 pm 

orionparker wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

That's awesome dude. I never expected anyone to be that close (I bet its probably not even 5 hours). We should work something out...maybe at a good concert or something, if one ever decides to come close.

I know there's a fairly large group of people on here from central FL, I can't remember much about who it was though. There also seem to be quite a few from southern MS.

I have always been surprised that quite a few people from the practically-nonexistant Connecticut metal scene are on here. I've met a bunch of people from MA, some regulars, some infrequent posters who pop in occasionally, and some people whose usernames I never managed to remember or link to their real names.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 pm 

There's a few stragglers from the Ohio area...

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:16 am 

Calusari wrote:
I've never met anyone from MA who actually identified themselves as such, but I'm sure I'd have met at least the Melbournians on here at some gig or another; the same people turn up to most gigs anyway. Including that weird bunch of 3-5 middle aged skinheads that is so ubiquitous that my friends and I have started a drinking game based on their appearances at gigs.

How about what's his name, the goofy looking dude with the glasses and the massive dreads. He's been at almost every single gig I've been to in Melbs, and it's a fair few.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:21 am 

I almost met OneRodeToAsaBay, but the Universe intervened, and the best laid plans of Nap and mice met the bony fist of reality.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:31 pm 

She is kind of mouse-like.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:51 pm 

failsafeman wrote:

I wonder if she like cheesy stuff. Like Kings of Metal.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:56 pm 

Napero wrote:
I almost met OneRodeToAsaBay, but the Universe intervened, and the best laid plans of Nap and mice met the bony fist of reality.

You were planning your best laid with OneRoadToAsaBay? Are you sure she was OK with it? No wonder why you didn't get to meet her.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:10 pm 

Napero wrote:
failsafeman wrote:

I wonder if she like cheesy stuff. Like Kings of Metal.

I can confirm that she likes cheesy stuff. Like Manowar. Also like cheese.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:27 am 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
Calusari wrote:

How about what's his name, the goofy looking dude with the glasses and the massive dreads. He's been at almost every single gig I've been to in Melbs, and it's a fair few.

I think I know who you mean... Is he on MA?

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:18 pm 

Calusari wrote:

Nah I don't think so, I just figured if you had been to shows in Melbourne you'd know who I was talking about.

In
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:53 pm 

Nope. I live in central Kansas. There's no hope of finding another MA member out here.

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:55 pm 

In wrote:
Nope. I live in central Kansas. There's no hope of finding another MA member out here.

Haha I just had a party in Lawrence a couple weeks ago with 4 MA members there. You should come to the next one, it will be in July sometime.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:43 pm 

Bring that party here to Chicago man, I'll throw an awesome BBQ.

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:54 pm 

I'm sure I'll make it to Chicago someday, lots of users from there apparently. Thing is, when I go to Illinois, I'M GOING TO DRIVE RIGHT PAST WAFFLE'S HOUSE WITHOUT STOPPING. That would be a fun trip.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:59 pm 

You won't resist once you smell my cooking skills.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:11 am 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
Calusari wrote:

Nah I don't think so, I just figured if you had been to shows in Melbourne you'd know who I was talking about.

Fair enough. I do, I just had the weirdest thought that I might have been interacting with him on these forums without knowing it was him.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next