Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:03 pm 

No another oldschooler going over to the darkside. :(

:P

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:42 pm 

Drowned wrote:
My personal favorite right now is Sarcolytic. Their stuff from Limb Splitter makes me want to smash Nightwish records with a baseball bat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQqV_AcelfQ

I just downloaded their full-length. It's not pants-shitting like the split, but I think it will grow on me some.

I've been enjoying Sarcolytic that past couple days. Thanks for the rec. Good stuff. :)

Yinyang920
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:55 pm 

Skinless-Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead
This bands previous albums were...less than good, but this, this album fucking slays. Fast and unrelenting, with a wicked Black Sabbath cover to boot.

Dripping-Disintegration Of Thought Patterns During A Synthetic Mind Traveling Bliss
To me, this album is for Brutal DM, what Gorguts "Obscura" was to OSDM. Just plain out weird and amazing, definitely not for inexperienced listeners.

Visceral Disgorge-Ingesting Putridity
Honestly not much to say about this one, but god damn is this a great album.

Devourment-Butcher The Weak
Many people prefer Molesting the Decapitated to this, but I think this album plain out slays. And I think Babykiller does well with the better production.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:34 pm 

Molesting the Decapitated was laughably shitty from the plastic dry production to the offkey drumming and Rojas's terrible vocals, all and all its an overrated album. But Butcher the weak was where Devourment got it right with better production more brutal song passages combined with their slams, and they traded spots with Rojas being a much better guitarist than vocalist.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:48 pm 

Diabolic - Subterraneal Magnitude
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:46 pm 

Visceral Throne - Omnipotent Asperity (2012)

Fantastic technical brutal death metal.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:23 pm 

someone needs to submit that band to have a page on here^^^

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:59 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
someone needs to submit that band to have a page on here^^^

I have submitted it. It was rejected due to the physical release not being out yet. I'll re-submit in a couple days when the album is officially out.

Kerber
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:24 pm 

Goratory - Orgasm Induced Diarrhea - Amputated Vein Records

Great production, great riffs, great songwriting. Just all around an amazing album.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:03 am 

Misfit74 wrote:
Visceral Throne - Omnipotent Asperity (2012)

Fantastic technical brutal death metal.

Man, I came here just to rec that cd, great and strangely dark BDM.

DeadXManiac wrote:
Benton's the T-Pain of death metal.

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Jimrat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:07 am 

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend me some Brutal DM along the lines of the Limb Splitter EP?

I discovered this recently and absolutely loved it, but haven't been able to find much else comparable. The obvious starting point was other releases by the bands featured on the split and other releases on the label (Ossuary Industries):

Sect of Execration haven't done much else except for the 'Baptized Through Blasphemy' EP which was good, but short lived and lacking something that their tracks on Limb Splitter had.

Sarcolytic's 'Thee Arcane Progeny' is, in fairness, amazing - but it takes quite a different direction to their stuff on Limb Splitter, focusing less on brutality and more on technicality - not a bad thing by any means, but it makes for quite a different listening experience.

Godless Truth don't appear to have done much else, and while Devourment's 'Deflesh the Abducted' is IMO one of their best tracks and one of my favourite BDM songs ever, their version of it for 'Unleash The Carnivore' seemed overproduced, whereas the grittiness of the production on the Limp Splitter EP is one of the things that I love about it.

I also checked out the Ossuary Industries compilation 'Limb Splitter II' with high hopes only to be extremely disappointed - it lacked everything that made the first great IMO - overproduced to the point of losing all atmosphere and presenting a sort of watered down brand of BDM that lacked all of the technicality, precision and sheer impact of the first. I was really disappointed!

As a result of that I never really checked out any of the other releases on the label, that compilation kind of put me off it.

Anyway, can anyone recommend something along the lines of the above?

Many thanks!

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:16 am 

This new release from this Taiwanese slam band is superb. I would say it reminds me of cephalotripsy and human mastication mixed together. Killer shit.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:37 am 

deicidefan wrote:
This new release from this Taiwanese slam band is superb. I would say it reminds me of cephalotripsy and human mastication mixed together. Killer shit.

How about their name? As in: what is it? ;)

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:46 am 

Misfit74 wrote:
deicidefan wrote:
[img]album%20cover[/img]

How about their name? As in: what is it? ;)

Both of you are lazy. Deicidefan lazy for not naming the band, and misfit74 for not being able to use the comprehensive search function this site has. There are only 3 brutal death bands listed for Taiwan, so this took 10 seconds to find.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Gu ... pet/336627
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:15 pm 

or you could just read the logo ;)

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:49 pm 

Sorry, Misfit74... band is called Guttural Corpora Cavernosa and the record is called "Munching on the Red Carpet"

My bad please excuse my mental lapse in judgement and not take it as laziness.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:24 pm 

deicidefan wrote:
Sorry, Misfit74... band is called Guttural Corpora Cavernosa and the record is called "Munching on the Red Carpet"

My bad please excuse my mental lapse in judgement and not take it as laziness.

Thanks. Couldn't read the logo...usually can't. ;)

Someone surely has to mention the new Kraanium album. It's got some filthy riffs. Perhaps not stand-out fantastic, but very capable slam and well worth listening to. It's been going in my car for a few days now.

Kraanium - Post Mortal Coital Fixation (2012)

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:51 pm 

Kraanium never really clicked with me, until this last album. I have to say I'm enjoying it way more than I probably should be, just a really fun record.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:12 am 

Cocytus - Excruciation (2011)

Surprisingly good BDM. Energy and constant varied, heavy riffing with good sound. The cover caught my eye and led me to check them out and it turns out to be a quality album throughout.

|

Putrid Pile - Blood Fetish (2012)

High-energy BDM/Slam with some decent technicality.

theoctavarius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:14 pm 

That new Putrid Pile album is awesome. Chock-full of badass riffage.

Has anyone listened to Beneath yet? They're an Icelandic BDM band that sound somewhat similar to Hour of Penance. Have a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egxvSiREgFk
Was du geschlagen
zu Gott wird es dich tragen!

-Gustav Mahler

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:33 pm 

theoctavarius wrote:

Has anyone listened to Beneath yet? They're an Icelandic BDM band that sound somewhat similar to Hour of Penance. Have a listen:

Thanks for the Saprogenic tip in the NP thread, by the way. Really excellent stuff. I have Beneath's album Hollow Empty Void but haven't yet heard Enslaved By Fear, though I see now (from your link) that it's not due out until July.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:23 pm 

The only BDM album I have found myself enjoying is Trample the Weak and I have heard a lot of stuff through random youtube browsing and I couldn't get into Suffocation either...

And Pyrexia was good to as it retains an oldschool feel to it.

theoctavarius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:18 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
The only BDM album I have found myself enjoying is Trample the Weak and I have heard a lot of stuff through random youtube browsing and I couldn't get into Suffocation either...

BDM is definitely an acquired taste, and slam even more so. I'm still waiting for the latter to click with me, if ever.

Misfit74 wrote:
Thanks for the Saprogenic tip in the NP thread, by the way. Really excellent stuff. I have Beneath's album Hollow Empty Void but haven't yet heard Enslaved By Fear, though I see now (from your link) that it's not due out until July.

No problem, man. I've yet to hear a second of Saprogenic's sophomore effort, though I've heard it's not as good as the debut. Hopefully we'll see some new material out of them, since they're apparently back together.

Found another band called Abysmal Torment. Their Omnicide album has some... interesting vocals and riffing, if you can get past the somewhat shoddy production.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvM7-WNEYMc
Was du geschlagen

-Gustav Mahler

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:25 pm 

I am probably a rare exception but I fucking loved BDM when I stumbled upon it for the first time. It was Disgorge, Devourment and Aborted that got me into that stuff. Gorgasm came later, though

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:30 pm 

theoctavarius wrote:
AcidWorm wrote:

BDM is definitely an acquired taste, and slam even more so. I'm still waiting for the latter to click with me, if ever.

Misfit74 wrote:

No problem, man. I've yet to hear a second of Saprogenic's sophomore effort, though I've heard it's not as good as the debut. Hopefully we'll see some new material out of them, since they're apparently back together.

Found another band called Abysmal Torment. Their Omnicide album has some... interesting vocals and riffing, if you can get past the somewhat shoddy production.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvM7-WNEYMc

You should find Abysmal Torment earlier in this thread. Though, as you said, the production is lacking, Omnicide is one of my favorite BDM albums. They have a full compliment of material already recorded but because of so much touring haven't gotten it finished (mastered, they said via FB msg.) yet. I can't wait to hear that one. They've added a 2nd guitarist since Omnicide, too. They use a dual-vocalist lineup also. I'm a huge fan of what David Depasquale does on guitar. They are clearly one of the most brutally skullfucking bands around and haven't been around all that long, yet. I have Omnicide #2 in my 'best of' list made a couple months ago, here: http://www.metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=2208

theoctavarius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:04 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
You should find Abysmal Torment earlier in this thread. Though, as you said, the production is lacking, Omnicide is one of my favorite BDM albums. They have a full compliment of material already recorded but because of so much touring haven't gotten it finished (mastered, they said via FB msg.) yet. I can't wait to hear that one. They've added a 2nd guitarist since Omnicide, too. They use a dual-vocalist lineup also. I'm a huge fan of what David Depasquale does on guitar. They are clearly one of the most brutally skullfucking bands around and haven't been around all that long, yet. I have Omnicide #2 in my 'best of' list made a couple months ago, here: http://www.metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=2208

Oh, whoops. I just now noticed that while looking through the previous pages...

For those who like their BDM technical and spacey, you seriously need to check out Fallujah. Their debut album is just ridiculously epic. Although their MA page says they're deathcore, I can't detect anything of the sort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtDL17WL ... el&list=UL
Was du geschlagen

-Gustav Mahler

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:24 pm 

their EP was 'blackened' deathcore, but their new album is Prog/Tech death like Obscura but with atmosphere and without the shitty vocals.

BastardHead wrote:

CrueltyJuggernaut
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:34 pm 

theoctavarius wrote:

Hmm, interesting. There's another Hour of Penance style band that just released their debut, Hideous Divinity. Not sure if it's been mentioned yet. Though, Hideous Divinity is a lot closer to a straight clone than Beneath, it seems: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dekvTUB_hXQ. The new Putrid Pile is decent, but it's pretty much the same as the last one, methinks. The limitations of having a one man band.

Saprogenic's second album is good too, it's a bit more melodic and slightly less "br00tal". Still a good album though. Abysmal Torment = awesome. Definitely taking bdm new places. I don't really see a problem with the production though. I also have to echo deicidefan's comment about Kraanium.. their previous albums were terrible, but listening to a couple of new songs on youtube, this actually sounds pretty good.

Anyway, a couple of things I've been listening to..

Pustulated - Pathognomonic Purulency EP (2002). Featuring some members of Animals Killing People (and the drummer of Brodequin), it's a similar of sort of gurgling, slightly sloppy Colombian style bdm.

Blasphtized - Blasphtized (2011) Really, really good slamming bdm from the UK, has a bit of a tongue-in-cheek antichristian slant. Occasionally weird/cool vocals.

Vomepotro - Liturgy of Dissection (2011) Very well written, pretty varied riffy bdm.

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:02 pm 

Having never delved into BDM (aside from Suffocation, which is one of my favorite bands), I started looking into and sampling a shitload of bands from this thread. A lot of these bands I'm enjoying, but Disgorge seemed to click with me the most. I feel like having listened to Cranial Impalement, I've already listened to what BDM has to offer :P. Wormed and Human Mincer are great as well. But Disgorge's vocals...riffs...drumming...bass...all make me say "Holy shit". Their albums as a whole sound so much more meaningful than a lot of BDM bands I've downloaded from this thread.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:25 pm 

t1337Dude wrote:
Having never delved into BDM (aside from Suffocation, which is one of my favorite bands), I started looking into and sampling a shitload of bands from this thread. A lot of these bands I'm enjoying, but Disgorge seemed to click with me the most. I feel like having listened to Cranial Impalement, I've already listened to what BDM has to offer :P. Wormed and Human Mincer are great as well. But Disgorge's vocals...riffs...drumming...bass...all make me say "Holy shit". Their albums as a whole sound so much more meaningful than a lot of BDM bands I've downloaded from this thread.

I'd put in a second rec for Bodysnatch - Insights Of A Rotten Theatre. I think it's genius. Not perfect for everyone, maybe, but it stands out as one of the best I've found so far. The vocals are incredibly interesting and well-done (which is fairly rare for this genre) but it's the unique guitar work and riffing that is just incredible. I happen to like the high presence of the guitars (hearing the slides and picking very clearly) and it's a welcome twist for me. One song doesn't sit well with me because it sounds a near duplicate Psycroptic riff, but that one minor 'dislike' is easily overcome by the stellar overall quality of the album. I think Bodysnatch does BDM/Slam as well or better than anyone else in the genre.

I'm looking forward to checking out some of the recent rec's and am glad this thread is alive and well. By far my favorite thread on this site. I've been listening to the new Kraanium a few more times and it's really good. Sometimes it tries to do really good but really simple riffs and fails in need of more variation, but it's a great slam album with quality production and performances. Chordotomy gets away with really simple riff-based songs brilliantly, but there are times that Kraanium needs more diversity or changes to some of the riffs. Overall, I'd say to give Kraanium's new one a few listens. I find it's an album I keep going back to. That and for more technical BDM the new Visceral Throne - Omnipotent Asperity is fantastic.

Also, I am absolutely dying to hear the upcoming Katalepsy - Autopsychosis, reportedly due out 7-16-2012.

theoctavarius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:50 pm 

Just listened to the title track to Insights of a Rotten Theatre, and... holy shit. The vocals are fucking ridiculous, but in the best possible way. The riffing is simplistic yet strangely fitting, and I love the random little break at 1:57. Made me laugh.

Shit, there's so much great stuff in this thread, I don't know how I'm going to buy all of it.
Was du geschlagen

-Gustav Mahler

Charlo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:00 pm 

Oh shit, I didn't know Putrid Pile came out with a new album. House of Dementia was killer. Gotta support the Wisconsin sickness.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:28 am 

The last three Putrid Pile releases sound so similar to me, its hard to get into any of their new music. Whenever I try to give a new cd a shot, I end up just saying "fuck it, im gonna put on Pleasure in Suffering". They are all great releases, but IMO way too similar, I'm sure its hard tho with Shaun being the only member and no one to bounce ideas off of.

Anyways, Inherited Suffering Records (http://inheritedsuffering.bigcartel.com/) has been putting out some really quality BDM releases, I haven't heard anything on this label that is too bad, actually most of it rules.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

opti
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:39 am 

Fuck man, what isn't my favorite BDM?

But seriously, the standards are pretty much tops to me. Effigy of the Forgotten, None So Vile, Ingesting Putridity, Chapters of Repugnance, She Lay Gutted, just off the top of my head. Been trying to get into slam more, but it's still not clicking (besides Visceral Disgorge who are fantastic). And always searching for non awful BDM.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:49 am 

deicidefan wrote:
The last three Putrid Pile releases sound so similar to me, its hard to get into any of their new music. Whenever I try to give a new cd a shot, I end up just saying "fuck it, im gonna put on Pleasure in Suffering". They are all great releases, but IMO way too similar, I'm sure its hard tho with Shaun being the only member and no one to bounce ideas off of.

Anyways, Inherited Suffering Records (http://inheritedsuffering.bigcartel.com/) has been putting out some really quality BDM releases, I haven't heard anything on this label that is too bad, actually most of it rules.

I think Putrid Pile would be MUCH better if the vocals were more like Bloodsoaked. I checked out that link and saw Carnal Disfigurement - Inhuman Devoured Content From Cranial Cavity....vocals sounds like he's taking a shit

FutureBreedMachine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:02 am 

I'm not normally one for brutal death metal but this album is fantastic, uncompromising, grooving and heavier than a dark matter fueled aircraft carrier.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:28 am 

I saw their EP being mentioned but the new abnormality full length is awesome.

Really digging the new Nile although its probably their least brutal cd to date.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:45 pm 

Fermento - Insignia

Heinously chaotic and very riff-centric brutal death metal we have here. Plays like some bizarre amalgam of Malignany, Suffocation and Cryptopsy. A definite keeper for those who can't get enough of this spastic style.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:58 am 

FutureBreedMachine wrote:
I'm not normally one for brutal death metal but this album is fantastic, uncompromising, grooving and heavier than a dark matter fueled aircraft carrier.

YES. That band is fuckin insane, one of the best releases of this year so far.
I've seen Putrid Pile live before and i gotta say he and Shawn Whitaker are the only exceptions to the one man brutal death metal band stigma. Shaun Lacanne is one of the nicest guys i've ever met, couldn't be farther from the lyrics that he writes about beating the shit outta women and deep frying their innards. Blood Fetish and House of Dementia were good, but they didn't have that guttural, grinding brutality that the first two albums had, but in defense of the last two albums it really sounds like there's a whole band playing with him, if i hadn't known that it's a one man project, I would've assumed it was a full 5 piece band.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm 

Deadly Remains - Severing Humanity (2012)

Brutal Death in the mold of Defeated Sanity, Abnormality, and Pathology with really good production. Filthy sounding guitars, well-mixed drums, and overall quality musicianship with some unique leads and clean guitar passages mixed in on occasion, but mostly pounding BDM done at a high level. Instantly grabbed me. Rare to have such solid production among all instruments for a BDM band in this style. Loving it.

Last edited by Misfit74 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next