09/22 Philadelphia, PA – TLA
09/23 New York, NY – Irving Plaza
09/24 Baltimore, MD – Rams Head Live

Totally there in Philadelphia!

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:05 am 

Well fuck me. Vancouver date I want... but prolly can't go :(

Although I am lucky enough to have seen Devin a few times and Katatonia. Would love to see Paradise Lost though :S

zzerk
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:38 am 

I'll be at the Pittsburgh show, hopefully. Rush, the Melvins, Devin Townsend + Katatonia/Paradise Lost in one month? Wow.

Bobby_Typhoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:18 am 

Man September 13th can't come any quicker.

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:13 am 

Definitely going to see if I can make it out to the Philly date.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:07 am 

Very excited for this. I missed DTP both times they played near me last year, so I have to catch them this time. Katatonia I've seen before, and they put on a decent show, nothing too memorable, but I'll be happy to see them nonetheless. And I don't actually have any albums by Paradise Lost, but I'm very interested in seeing them.

That said, I was going to see Morbid Angel the following week before I heard of this, but I already have tickets to Nightwish/Kamelot the same week as the DTP/Katatonia tour, and that's just way too much money spent on gas.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:16 am 

Well, fuck me for living in europe. :(

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:35 am 

I will likely be at the Vancouver show.

luxul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:14 pm 

Sept 11th is an absolute must. I am there.

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:51 pm 

I'm curious how Stolen Babies will go over on this.

Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:16 pm 

I might try to make it out to Worcester. I love Katatonia, and am a huge Devin Townsend fan even though the DTP stuff hasn't done much for me.

Never got into Paradise Lost or Stolen Babies.

Morfiend
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:49 pm 

Fantastic looking tour.

Webstore: http://www.lastrightsrecords.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Last-Righ ... 657?ref=ts

New Arrivals: Titles from Cynic, Superjoint Ritual, Dimmu Borgir, Athiest, Opeth, Testament and many more!

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:20 pm 

I've always wanted to see Paradise Lost. I'm a huge fan of everything up to Draconian Times and I wish they would headline instead. I'm not too familiar with Devin Townsends stuff other than Accelerated Revolution. I probably should go to this for Paradise Lost.

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:29 pm 

rabidmadman wrote:
I've always wanted to see Paradise Lost. I'm a huge fan of everything up to Draconian Times and I wish they would headline instead. I'm not too familiar with Devin Townsends stuff other than Accelerated Revolution. I probably should go to this for Paradise Lost.

I will probably go to see Paradise Lost and Marissa would enjoy seeing Katatonia again. She would enjoy Paradise Lost too probably.

Ddonggo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:36 pm 

Sounds like a great show, but no Georgia date.. :(

ShadowAurion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:28 am 

henkkjelle wrote:
Well, fuck me for living in europe. :(

Now how often does THAT get said in regards to metal tours? : p

Either way, this should be badass. Will be at the San Francisco show without a doubt.

Barbecuetioner
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:39 am 

i wouldnt get your hopes up about Paradise Lost, they were fucking horrible when they played Australia back in February. I saw them twice in 2 days and they were one of the most boring and sloppiest bands i've ever seen which is a real disappointment as all their stuff upto Draconian Times is awesome

lifelessworlds
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:01 am 

Barbecuetioner wrote:
i wouldnt get your hopes up about Paradise Lost, they were fucking horrible when they played Australia back in February. I saw them twice in 2 days and they were one of the most boring and sloppiest bands i've ever seen which is a real disappointment as all their stuff upto Draconian Times is awesome

I saw them at this time during Soundwave and they were just great...?

Barbecuetioner
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:54 am 

what city do you live in? admittedly they were slightly better at the Melbourne Soundwave than they were the at the sidewave with Cathedral the night before. Nick looked like he wouldve rather been somewhere else

lifelessworlds
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:14 am 

Adelaide. They were a bit bummed at the shitty turn out (which is to be expected here, but also one band had dropped off which fucked up all the times so lots of came late). Aaron seemed to be enjoying it nonetheless, rocking out and smiling, and I recall Nick making jokes.

D: sucks they weren't as good in other cities.

Barbecuetioner
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:43 pm 

maybe they were hungover from sydney :-D . all i know is i'd been wanting to see them for years and was dissapointed

welshkraut
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:57 pm 

Lawrence, KS always gets the shows I want to see. It's relatively close, but a 4 hour drive is still pretty far.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:37 pm 

I could probably make the Toronto show... Hmmm... Certainly wouldnt mind seeing Devin again.
Hehe, foreskins.

BoltTheGates
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:23 am 

The night they play in Baltimore is the same night the Morbid Angel tour hits DC :ugh:.

Morbid Angel wins out for me, but I would like to see Paradise Lost at some point.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:37 am 

Sokaris wrote:
I'm curious how Stolen Babies will go over on this.
Just noticed their name on that poster.

You know what? I like those guys. They're pretty cool, and while their whole Tim-Burton-circus image is a bit worn-out, musically they do some fairly unique things. I saw them opening at a Lizzy Borden/Lordi show a few years back, and despite a chucklefuck of a heckler in the crowd, they put on a great show. After their set, they were very amicable and enjoyed the fan interaction. Picked up their debut there, got it signed, all in all got no complaints about that band. Know if they've got anything out since that debut?

As for the other bands, I'm slightly puzzled by the Paradise Lost/Katatonia pairing with... Devin Townsend. All great bands in their own right, but it's kind of like having Vader and Overkill on the same bill... but since that happened, sure, why not. I'm just glad I'll finally be seeing DT without a super-duper-uber shitty show lineup and as a headliner.

Pfuntner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:07 pm 

The post also appears to have the album art for Epicloud down at the bottom. Hopefully that means we'll see a full size version soon. I might go to this if my schedule allows.

RacoCooper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:36 pm 

I'm definitely gonna go on the 16th. Just gotta listen to more Paradise Lost and Katatonia. I'm just a diehard Devy fan.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:19 pm 

Having gone through Katatonia's newest a few times now, I've made the decision of going on the 4th. Thankfully they're headlining on that date. I like DTP and Paradise Lost enough to have them as the extra push as well. Still have no idea about that opener aside from their stage gimmick but they won't be more than a half hour.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Carpathianchrist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:30 am 

What a weird combination of bands. Still though, would be great if this came to the UK.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:50 pm 

Went to the first date last night.

SETLISTS!
Paradise Lost
Devin Townsend Project
Katatonia

PHOTOS!
Spoiler: show

FUCK DEVIN TOWNSEND HIPSTERS. I hate these people. They ruined the entire set for Paradise Lost by doing their stupid 4chan / meme shtick and dumb "we like metal ironically" gag. They all had to be 15-17. One had a voice that sounded like he still had yet to hit puberty. When Devin came on they went ballistic. That man knows how to handle quirky fucks.

Stolen Babies opens, and they're utterly forgettable if it wasn't for the image. They play bad, comical horror rock. The bassist and drummer were energetic, but the singer, the guitarist, and the percussion guy that looked like a guy that flips burgers at a cookout (everyone else was in a get-up but this guy wore an X-L t shirt and shorts) did nothing. Not good sound or music to begin with, and the vocals were horrendous. Really bad stuff. They played to a stiff crowd, and that percussion was a waste. The dude was hitting a 55 gal. steel drum with chains and shit. :ugh:

I was at the front, too, but for Paradise Lost I had to settle with second row. Their set was pretty good, though, but it could have been better if Gregor's guitar didn't sound like screeching feedback. Oh and Adrian cut his hair so no one recognized him.

Devin comes up and tears shit, and I get crushed at the front by screaming kids. Katatonia comes on, maybe 80% of the people are left as all the Devin kiddies leave. Gets dark as hell, so I couldn't get any pictures on my crappy phone despite being right at the front. Katatonia's set was really good. My problem was that they don't have much crowd interaction. Devin was all over that, but Katatonia played, Jonas said some stuff between songs, someone throws a bottle at Anders (think it was Per), and then they pretty much leave. The guys stayed pretty far from the edge of the stage, too. I got a thumbs up from Per as I gave him the horns, but that was it. Oh, and no encore. They left and for a minute or two it felt like they would come back out, but then they cut the lights and it just ends like that. Fuck.

Merch for the bigger three bands were $20 for CDs (more for LPs iirc). $20-$30 for shirts and more for hoodies.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:30 pm 

Got my tickets in the mail for the Pittsburgh show! Can't wait. Best part is that it's only a two hour drive...

vanadiis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:52 am 

I said this in a different thread, but Katatonia was boring, DTP was fucking awesome, Paradise Lost only played one song because Nick was sick or something. Big disappointment there. But I got a DTP pick. :D

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:12 pm 

Quote:
Paradise Lost only played one song because Nick was sick or something.

That's really weird that they would go through the effort to set up, and only play one song instead of playing an actual set or canceling entirely. Never heard of that before. o_O

vanadiis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:41 pm 

Yeah, we were a little pissed off.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:05 pm 

Saw this last night. Thankfully Paradise Lost did a full set, or at least about 7 songs. Katatonia was freaking awesome. Devin Townsend, I still don't see what all the hype is about. And the way the lights were shining on his bald head made him look like Powder.

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:38 pm 

For the first time, I decided to look up a setlist before going to a show..and I'm very glad I did. I've never seen Paradise Lost and I don't think I ever will. Their setlist looks awful with no songs off lost paradise, gothic, shades of god, or icon and only one song off draconian times. You would figure they would play more songs off their first 5 albums rather than their awful later material. I saved myself the disappointment, thank you Internet.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:28 pm 

rabidmadman wrote:
...with no songs off lost paradise, gothic, shades of god, or icon and only one song off draconian times...

They still put on a good show, but it did suck to not have any of the older material. Same with Katatonia, but at least they went back to "Deadhouse".

Reply to topic