Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 290927
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:39 pm 

So I see there are a lot of releases yet to be added to the discography, and are currently only mentioned in the additional notes, due to a lack to required info (tracklist for the most). So I suggest the mod create a list of such albums, similar to the list of albums w/o cover art. The users could go to the list and add albums if (s)he has enough info.

Why do I start a new thread in stead of reporting in the official feedback thread? I want the users to collect such missing albums and report them in this thread, so creating a new thread prevents it from messing up with other things, and when the mod creates such a list, he could just add the missing albums reported here to the list. Saves work ha.

How to find missing albums?
Go to google, search "additional discography" site:metal-archives.com. You will see the results running about 60 pages. You may also try searching "additional releases", "also released" etc.

Report the missing albums not without distinction. Some info on MA is erroneous. For example, on Angeluz's page, it said they released a full-length CD called "Vaticinios" in 2005. This is wrong, Vaticinios is only a song from Despues de la Tormenta. The band's second album is called Memorias. (I already corrected it.)

Before you report the missing albums, please search this thread and see if they are already mentioned.

You can report them in the following format: (at least indicate the band name and the album title)
Angeluz - Memorias (Full-Length 2009)

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:52 am 

I think this is the sort of thread that belongs in this forum, mate...

viewforum.php?f=17

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:15 am 

We got a page for that: http://www.metal-archives.com/todo/without-albums

;)

~Guest 290927
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:30 am 

Alhadis wrote:
I think this is the sort of thread that belongs in this forum, mate...
viewforum.php?f=17

Yes, agreed. Please move this thread to that subforum.

Derigin wrote:

That is not enough. That list are the bands w/o releases. But there are a lot of bands with partial discography, some album(s) missing and some added. I intend to build a list of all missing albums.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:43 pm 

I was thinking of something like this too. But if the mods are going to do a search (as of right now) to see if there are albums written in the additional notes, then we might have to clear the current list of "Bands without albums", because then it might create confusion as to which band does not have something listed in the discography.

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:07 am 

Beast from Germany - is this their album? MA doesn't listed it...

Edit: find out that it was the reissue of their debut album with a different title.

Reply to topic