Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:33 am 

http://www.agalloch.org/

I'm very excited for this since it means I will see them twice this summer, at MDF and Empire.

From their Facebook:

We will continue to update this list as dates/venues and opening acts are confirmed.

Joining us for main support will be TAURUS (featuring Stevie Floyd of DARK CASTLE & Ashley Spungin ex-PURPLE RHINESTONE EAGLE). We are excited by their experimental and challenging music and feel they are a perfect fit for us: http://www.facebook.com/TAURUSISDUST

This tour will mark the release of our recently recorded EP “Faustian Echoes” on both LP and CD. We have taken great care in the design of this release. Sometime before the tour we will have both a streaming and digital download option available. However, the LP and CD versions will only be available at the shows during the dates on the tour and will be available via mail order after the tour.

We will be adding material (both new and old) to our set list and depending on stage time we anticipate playing between 90-120 minutes. The set will rotate each night. We have carefully selected local openers whose music fits the environment of an Agalloch show. Where there are no openers selected, we will play nearly 120 minutes. We are all personal fans of the openers and encourage everyone to show up early to see them.

We will have a variety of merchandise for sale including: 2 new shirt designs, our back catalog, “The Demonstration Archive,” “Marrow of the Spirit” vinyl, a tour poster by Stevie Floyd, original photographic prints by Veleda Thorsson, and various other odds and ends.

NOCTIS V METAL FEST APPEARANCE in Calgary, AB

We are further pleased to announce that we will appear at the Noctis V Metal Fest in Calgary, AB on Sat 9/29

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:46 am 

Ahhhh yeah. I'm only going to Deathfest Fri-Sun so I'm glad I will get to see them. I will be at the Kings show in Raleigh. They played there a year or two ago and it was great! Good venue. Excited for the EP as well, though I hope the production is a bit different from MotS.

EnemyofLight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:50 am 

I really hope one of TBA dates is Houston, since there's no way for me to make it to Austin. Seeing Agalloch would be fantastic. My favorite band of all time.

hey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:31 am 

Oh cool, I might try to go to the Philadelphia date.

Edit: Never mind, not quite old enough. Oh well.

swayze
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:37 am 

Nice, will probably check them out in Montreal. I hope these bands start making stops in Ottawa more. Nice not to have to commute, but 2 hours ain't that bad, and the crowds do tend to be rowdier in Mtl... which perhaps is why they choose to skip Ottawa in the first place.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:49 am 

Ottawa is booooooooooooring! Let me know if you want to meet, I'm probably going. I've seen them at the same venue last year, the show was amazing! Can't wait to hear their new ep too.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:30 pm 

Awesome! So psyched to see a VA date since I can't go to MDF this year.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:13 pm 

I already bought my ticket for Vancouver, so excited. You should change the thread title to 'Agalloch North American Tour'.

Tron_79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:28 pm 

yes! finally get to see them in Calgary!! and Noctis is always good!

my last.fm

Errebuss
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:56 pm 

Well, they already have a San Diego date and a San Francisco date. Here's to hoping one of those TBA dates next to those is Fresno (though they will probably be AZ and Los Angeles :ugh: )

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:24 pm 

Alsandair wrote:
Excited for the EP as well, though I hope the production is a bit different from MotS.

What didn't you like about the MotS production?

analog_winter wrote:
Awesome! So psyched to see a VA date since I can't go to MDF this year.

Have you been to Empire after the name change? I'm hoping they've upgraded their sound equipment along with the name.

Also, thanks to whoever changed the thread title.

HenryKrinkle31
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:07 pm 

Agalloch...North American Tour...

Looks like I'm going to the hospital for this erection I will surely still have 4 hours from now.

Marxious
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:49 pm 

Of course they come to Ann Arbor the one month of the year that I'm not there...

I really hope they post a Boise or Salt Lake date July 15th or 16th.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:52 pm 

Figures. They're playing here the week I'm going to be out of town in Pittsburgh. The closest dates I'd be able to make would be in Philly or in VA, and that just isn't going to happen.

Krav wrote:
Have you been to Empire after the name change? I'm hoping they've upgraded their sound equipment along with the name.

I hope they left everything about Jaxx behind. It sucked. I only ever went there out of necessity. They never opened on time. The people that worked there were dicks. The sound was hit or miss. There was nothing cool about it other than it was the only place in the DC area that regularly had metal shows.

BoltTheGates
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:10 pm 

The last time I was at Empire was in March to see Deicide. Even though Jaxx made renovations a couple of years ago, the young staff at Empire cleaned it up even more. It looked, and sounded, like they got some new sound equipment also.

I may go to the Empire show, but I'm seeing Agalloch tomorrow at MDF.

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:42 pm 

no minneapolis/st. paul...lame. live events prevent me from making the trek to chicago, ah well.

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:03 pm 

I would be going to the Philly date, but... fuck age restrictions. Hopefully next time they tour they won't get booked at some stupid 21 and over venue, because they're one of the few bands I can actually drag people out to see. Damn.

Rusted and Rotting
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:26 pm 

HenryKrinkle31 wrote:
Agalloch...North American Tour...

Looks like I'm going to the hospital for this erection I will surely still have 4 hours from now.

Ah, the infamous Agalloch priapism. I know it well. But I don't go to the hospital. I pitch my Agalloch tent proudly.
"I am drunk as fuck, driving around town drunk, I'm on dope, and I want you to call the police. Not only that, but I got a loaded hand gun right here. I'm gonna start firing this off. So please call the cops." --Ricky, "Trailer Park Boys"

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:43 pm 

I was so hoping they would play Reading not Philly. This venue is in a hipster neighborhood that's impossible to find parking for us outsiders...no thanks I'll pass.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:06 pm 

Aye... Nearest to me they're playing at some venue I've never heard of which seems to attract a certain crowd... very indie by the looks of most of the bands that've played there. And hand-in-hand with that, the stage and surrounding area looks small and tight. Has a very hip DIY look to it, not sure I want to experiment given the circumstance that work is too demanding during the summer to get away much. Tourists.

maxxpower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:09 pm 

Only two shows in California? How quickly they forget about the west coast.

MetalHeadNorm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:38 pm 

Fucking pumped for the Ann Arbor date the same week as my birthday. Happy birthday to me from Agalloch!

What do you mean by that? How quickly I reply?

awheio
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:52 pm 

MetalHeadNorm wrote:
Fucking pumped for the Ann Arbor date the same week as my birthday. Happy birthday to me from Agalloch!

I'll be seeing them in NY the same week as my birthday; happy birthday to me too.

Also, I used to live in Ann Arbor. Just today, I was discussing this tour with a friend of mine, who also lived in Ann Arbor -- we wondered whether there was a single Agalloch fan in the area. Well, there you go. I would have loved it if they came by while I was there... Great shows are made even better when you eliminate the hours of travel time.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:54 am 

A friend and I will be making plans for the Ann Arbor date. This gonna be sweet.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Marxious
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:06 am 

awheio wrote:
MetalHeadNorm wrote:

I'll be seeing them in NY the same week as my birthday; happy birthday to me too.

Also, I used to live in Ann Arbor. Just today, I was discussing this tour with a friend of mine, who also lived in Ann Arbor -- we wondered whether there was a single Agalloch fan in the area. Well, there you go. I would have loved it if they came by while I was there... Great shows are made even better when you eliminate the hours of travel time.

Looks like there's 4 Agalloch fans in the Ann Arbor area in this thread (including myself). I thought I was the only metalhead in A2. Glad to know there's others.

Moobeat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:47 am 

I caught them in Chicago the last two times they passed through, but I wish they had some where a bit closer to the Louisville, Kentucky area.

Successful trades/deals with: Asassin, metaldrummer3211, mjx

swayze
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:26 am 

Metantoine: If I go, I'll let you know. That'd be cool. And I'm not gonna get all defensive, but Ottawa rules!!!!

wintermoonlight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 pm 

I will be seeing them in Milwaukee this time around!
Not that many great bands come through Milwaukee,mostly Chicago.

Morfiend
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:39 pm 

Not sure if I'll be able to make it this time around or not. Seen them several times over the years though.

Webstore: http://www.lastrightsrecords.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Last-Righ ... 657?ref=ts

New Arrivals: Titles from Cynic, Superjoint Ritual, Dimmu Borgir, Athiest, Opeth, Testament and many more!

Dooders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:31 am 

Never seen them, but have been told great things. Any other planning on attending the San Diego Gig?

MetalHeadNorm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:46 pm 

Marxious wrote:
MetalHeadNorm wrote:

Looks like there's 4 Agalloch fans in the Ann Arbor area in this thread (including myself). I thought I was the only metalhead in A2. Glad to know there's others.[/quote]

Naw dude, I'm from Detroit, but that drive is like nothing to see fucking Agalloch for the first time...

luxul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:42 pm 

Will be at the Austin, TX date. Will be my 2nd time to see them. First time was with YOB at SXSW 2011. It was glorious.

thorson88
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:04 am 

will see them in Tampa on July 31st

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:47 am 

Yeah, Ottawa is boring but I still wish they'd include it in the tour. If it doesn't conflict with working, I'm hoping I can catch them in Toronto. I've been dying to see them live since I was 15.

ofstonewindandpillor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:08 pm 

g_k wrote:
no minneapolis/st. paul...lame. live events prevent me from making the trek to chicago, ah well.

I was also hoping that they'd be coming to the Cities. I saw them at the Miramar in Milwaukee a few years ago, but I'll be headed out to Minneapolis before they make it back to Milwaukee in July. I'm glad that I saw them when I did, but I would love to see them again.

MMartini75
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:53 pm 

FUCK YES!!!!!! finally get to see Agalloch. I have my tix for the 7/20 chicago show. i always miss them when they play here.

I have a question for any DIE HARD Agalloch fan, is this their first 30plus dates tour? i know they play a few dates in the east coast, or west coast, festivals here and there, it seems they never tour...of course it could be they have other commitments that prevent them to do so.

So is this their first tour with 30plus dates?

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:29 am 

Can anyone who has been to any of the shows on this tour yet tell me if they have had any patches at their merch booth?

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

MetalHeadNorm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:48 am 

analog_winter wrote:
Can anyone who has been to any of the shows on this tour yet tell me if they have had any patches at their merch booth?

Sold out.

THE SHOW LAST NIGHT IN ANN ARBOR WAS AWESOME (DESPITE TECH DIFFICULTIES)!!

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:10 pm 

uh .. apparently I have to move to the Atlantic North East. You guys get so many shows. luckies. :)

Reply to topic