Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Shutdown
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:12 pm 

OldManMetal wrote:
Saw the last half of the ManU/Sunderland match. It was really something to see the gutted faces after Aguero's goal. On top of the world one moment, then down the crapper.

You're more likely to be a Liverpool supporter than a Manchester City one.

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:39 pm 

It's on, Rangers. :evil:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:49 pm 

Almost all my predictions were wrong :( Fuck the Devils. I think they're gonna win the cup though, one last time before Brodeur retires.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

OldManMetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:54 pm 

Shutdown wrote:
OldManMetal wrote:
Saw the last half of the ManU/Sunderland match. It was really something to see the gutted faces after Aguero's goal. On top of the world one moment, then down the crapper.

Actually, i support Fulham. Wasn't trying to be insulting, i should have phrased it better since i've also had those moments when the knife gets stuck in and twisted.

Napero wrote:
We can't possibly know. Genetics is my guess, or possibly drinking water that lacks minerals essential to the brain.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:08 pm 

You know what? Fuck that over analytical bullshit I've been doing, I've been wrong almost every damn time and so have a majority of the experts out there. Common sense said Nashville should have steamrolled Phoenix, and Vancouver to LA, and Boston to Washington, and Philly to Joysey, and YADDA FUCKING YADDA. So screw this shit, I'm going Phoenix and New Jersey just because the obvious answers are LA and NY and I've gotten all the fucking obvious answers wrong so far.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:02 am 

:lol:

Game one of the Kings/Coyotes was pretty awesome tonight. Kings pretty much dominated the shit out of them, but Quick sorta fucked up twice and it kept the Coyotes within striking distance. They said this was a rivalry before the game and it sure looked like it, too. Lots of hitting and skirmishes...good stuff. Won't be much of a series if the Coyotes don't reverse the trends they started in game 1, though.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:21 am 

Shutdown wrote:
OldManMetal wrote:

News for you bro, just about everyone hates Man Yoo except Man Yoo fans. Us Liverpool fans just hate you more than most. What a glorious weekend it was. Who cares if we lost for the 27th time this season, it doesn't matter. Why? Because you bastards lost!

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:34 am 

...And the Kings officially look unstoppable. Fuck.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:37 am 

Tigers, wow. Our most opinionated radio personality promised us they would win the championship this year.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

MEGANICK89
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:39 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Tigers, wow. Our most opinionated radio personality promised us they would win the championship this year.

I don't think so. It's Tribe Time. We are taking the Central this year.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:51 pm 

MEGANICK89 wrote:

I was saying "wow" in disbelief at how disappointing the Tigers are this year so far. I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

MEGANICK89
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:14 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
MEGANICK89 wrote:

I was saying "wow" in disbelief at how disappointing the Tigers are this year so far. I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.

Oh ok, I gotcha. Yea, the Tigers are not really getting into it so far. Verlander can't do it by himself. However, your team is still scary and I'd be shocked if they don't get hot in the summer months. Obviously, I hope they don't, but we'll see.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:22 pm 

MazeofTorment wrote:
...And the Kings officially look unstoppable. Fuck.

Yeah, at this point, I don't think anybody is beating the Kings. But like BastardHead said, all I've done with my predictions this postseason is wipe my ass with them. So...

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:49 pm 

Huge win for the Devils last night. Some outstanding plays were made....that last deflected goal was a thing of beauty. Pretty sure they're gonna have to keep it up to beat the Rangers. Unless its deflected or is a perfect shot (See: The Devils first goal, a wrist shot by Kovalchuk), its pretty much impossible to get it past the flying bodies or their goalie. Super pumped for game 3 in NJ on saturday.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:44 am 

30 hours 'til the CL final. Anyone stoked?

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

CoF
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:43 am 

I'm not someone who would take sides for every German team in international competition, just because it's from my country, but here I can't help but hope for a Bayern Munich victory. Chelsea's performance in the return game against Barcelona was just so horrible, this shouldn't be rewarded with the Champions League trophy. But then again, I would hate to see Dortmund's success to be talked down by Bayern officials and players, because they will argue how much more it means to win the Champions League.

Let's just hope for a better game than Barca vs. Chelsea, and also for more intelligent supporters than those from Fortuna Düsseldorf, haha.

OldManMetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:59 pm 

DEVILS!!!!!

Napero wrote:
We can't possibly know. Genetics is my guess, or possibly drinking water that lacks minerals essential to the brain.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:04 am 

OldManMetal wrote:
DEVILS!!!!!

Can't wait for the finals.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:20 am 

BastardHead wrote:
You know what? Fuck that over analytical bullshit I've been doing, I've been wrong almost every damn time and so have a majority of the experts out there. Common sense said Nashville should have steamrolled Phoenix, and Vancouver to LA, and Boston to Washington, and Philly to Joysey, and YADDA FUCKING YADDA. So screw this shit, I'm going Phoenix and New Jersey just because the obvious answers are LA and NY and I've gotten all the fucking obvious answers wrong so far.

And I'm still only half right, god damn.

Anyway, LA is looking unstoppable right now but one of my best friends called the Devils back in January so I'm tempted to stick with that just because it was kind of a left-field prediction way back five months ago. I won't make a real pick as to who I think will win, I'll just say I'm pulling for the Devils.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

swayze
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:25 am 

Sens fan here, so I have no huge love for Jersey, but... I think it'd be cool for Marty to win one more before retiring. Motherfucker's 40. Legend. Whatever happens, it's gonna be a fun finals. Then UEFA. Then Olympics. Then my boys are back on the ice. Wheee I love no baseball summers!

Clowndoe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:31 pm 

Go L.A., they've done too well to miss out on a first Stanley Cup this year. Though if they win in 4 or 5, that's got to be a record for lowest number games to win the Playoffs right? At least for a #8 seed.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:52 pm 

Clowndoe wrote:
Go L.A., they've done too well to miss out on a first Stanley Cup this year. Though if they win in 4 or 5, that's got to be a record for lowest number games to win the Playoffs right? At least for a #8 seed.

I might completely be wrong, but I think Edmonton making the finals in 06 was the first time an 8 seed made it, no? Even if it wasn't and my memory is just extraordinarily shit, it's still massively impressive what they've accomplished this postseason. I expected them to get hammered the first round, and then they just flipped me off and sailed to the finals with a 12-2 record in the post season. Holy fuck. They look unstoppable right now but in my little mental list of all 30 teams ranked in the order I like them in, the Devils are higher up, so I'm going for Joysey in the finals.

Bede
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:53 am 

So Hasek might do a come-back to the NHL. Hmm....

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:30 pm 

Bede wrote:
So Hasek might do a come-back to the NHL. Hmm....

Hopefully he follows in Jagr's footsteps and not Forsberg's...

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:15 am 

Hopefully he won't come back, he had a great NHL career, better kept it like this.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:47 am 

Game last night was awesome.

Bede
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:58 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Hopefully he won't come back, he had a great NHL career, better kept it like this.

But wouldn't it be awesome if he'd come back and just dazzled everyone... as a 47-year-old goalie.

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:20 pm 

Tough loss last night for the Devils. The Kings continue to win and it certainly looks like they're poised to win it all, but I still have a lot of hope the Devils can win this series. Despite last nights game being a sort of "feeling out" affair between the two teams, the Devils dominated the puck for most of the game, much like they've done throughout the playoffs. This loss marks probably the 3rd or fourth time at least that they've lost a game they largely controlled, so I'm looking to see if they continue their trend of consistent play, and ultimately, a series victory as a result of that play. Would love to see Marty get one more cup before he retires, but the Kings will obviously be well deserving of the cup if they should win.

Clowndoe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:50 pm 

Marty's got three already, he's set. Although I see what you mean, what a hell of a retirement party. Reminds me of when I saw Raymond Bourque's last game that time Colorado won 11 years ago. I remember shedding a single tear, it was quite emotional.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:18 pm 

"The Los Angeles Kings: An Ode to the Unbeatable ~ A Symphony in Doomstalgia"
Written and performed by Bastard.

O woe is we! We are aiming for the Cup and falling so short.
Our captain is being outsmarted by water bottles
And our wingers outmuscled by pancakes
We need more pieces, O what to do?
IDKFA
Wow! Now we have Jeff Carter! Mike Richards remembered how to play!
IDDQD
Holy fuckballs! Now we are gonna sweep the Cup as an 8th seed! We didn't lose on the road and are gonna take it all in 18 games.
It's good to be King apparently, I wonder how Jack Johnson feels?

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:16 pm 

Clowndoe wrote:
Marty's got three already, he's set. Although I see what you mean, what a hell of a retirement party. Reminds me of when I saw Raymond Bourque's last game that time Colorado won 11 years ago. I remember shedding a single tear, it was quite emotional.

Yeah, that shit was awesome. The Avs and Devils are 1 and 2 for me, so it was an awesome sight to see those teams meet in the finals and to see the Avs come out on top and give Ray a cup as his send off into retirement. I miss those awesome Avalanche teams...

Anyway, the Devils officially look done. I finally lost all hope when they went down 2-0 in the second period last night. They just can't find the net against Quick. Turned the channel and watched the rest of the Thunder/Spurs game, which was much better.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:15 pm 

The Devils got one, but LA doesn't lose on the road so it may be over Saturday. I hope it goes seven, I don't want the season to end. :cry:

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:18 pm 

Though I would rather the Devils somehow fight back and win it, I would like it for LA to win on Saturday so I can see the Cup raising, as it's the only night I have off.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:47 pm 

BastardHead, that was a brilliant Doom reference in your last post. :lol:

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 pm 

Congrats to the Kings. 8th seed, 16-4 in the playoffs, I'll say they definitely deserved it, although it would have been nice to see Marty hoist the cup one last time. However, I can't say I'm happy with the Americans cleaning up with the awards this season :grumble: :P

Now lets see the Senators make it passed the first fucking round next year!

Spoiler: show
Not gonna happen.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Last edited by IX Leviathan on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:22 pm 

Congrats LA, you guys definitely earned it.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:50 pm 

Same thing, blabla, Kings were really dominant in these playoffs, a huge surprise. See you soon for the draft, hockey fans.

tronics
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:08 pm 

Yeah baby! Bring on the decider. Another barnstorming performance by Robbie Farah - made 64 tackles, didn't miss 1.

Motorpriest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:52 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Same thing, blabla, Kings were really dominant in these playoffs, a huge surprise. See you soon for the draft, hockey fans.

Why wait? Let the speculation begin! Any guesses on who the Habs are going to grab? My money is on Grigorenko.

Lycan Supremacy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:58 am 

Motorpriest wrote:
Why wait? Let the speculation begin! Any guesses on who the Habs are going to grab? My money is on Grigorenko.

I'd say either him,Alex Galchenyuk (if the Blue Jackets don't take him), or Filip Forsberg.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 136  Next