Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:08 pm 

Don't remember who or when, but whoever recommended Acid Bath:
Thank you good sir(s), many thanks and much respect!

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:13 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Thanks to you americanholocaust, for recommending Broken Hope and Embalmer. Badass death metal if there ever was such a thing :headbang:

No problem dude. Were you ever able to get into the later Broken Hope records?

My Ebay Store

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:50 pm 

americanholocaust wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:
Thanks to you americanholocaust, for recommending Broken Hope and Embalmer. Badass death metal if there ever was such a thing :headbang:

No problem dude. Were you ever able to get into the later Broken Hope records?

Not really, man. They sound too overtly modern for my taste, although the earlier stuff is great, especially the debut. Just fun, killer death metal that goes right for the throat.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:59 pm 

Thanks to Empyreal for recommending Bruce Dickinson's solo material, I've had the king in crimson stuck in my head for days.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:33 pm 

Thankyou oneyoudontknow for linking to Gamardah Fungus

Danke Schon

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:58 pm 

Big thanks to qTp from recommending Blind Idiot God and Killa Sista, both top recs in very different ways. Cheers!

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:38 pm 

I don't really remember who it was, and it was quite a while back, but big thanks to whoever linked to Dammerfarben in the FFA. Im Abendrot is one of the few black metal albums I can really get into, and it's amazing :headbang:

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:36 pm 

Belial wrote:
Thank you so much to whoever recommended me Karnnos. They've basically become my favorite band!

:beer: You're welcome! Any particular favorite albums at this point?

If you're that into Karnnos, you should definitely check out Wolfskin, which is the other main (and former) project of Johan Aernus. It's essentially much like Karnnos, but more dark ambient in aim and with somewhat less instrumentation/vocals.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 am 

I must thank Crushed_Revelation for bringing to my attention two excellent bands whose existence I had failed to aknowledge, namely Matricide and Prevalent Resistance.

~Guest 285672
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:01 am 

I have to thank Androdion for recommending Azure. Some of the finest Black/Death metal I've ever heard, especially on Moonlight Legend. Thanks again, man.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 am 

Markov wrote:
I have to thank Androdion for recommending Azure. Some of the finest Black/Death metal I've ever heard, especially on Moonlight Legend. Thanks again, man.

You're welcome. What's your opinion on their sophomore effort by the way? You might also be interested in Midvinter (might as well recommend it since it's currently playing on my speakers :p).

~Guest 285672
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:11 pm 

androdion wrote:
Markov wrote:

You're welcome. What's your opinion on their sophomore effort by the way? You might also be interested in Midvinter (might as well recommend it since it's currently playing on my speakers :p).

I'll have to check out their sophomore effort, I've listened to Moonlight legend about 3 times now, haha. Is it as good as Moonlight Legend?

And yeah, Midvinter is really cool stuff.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:24 pm 

I've only heard a few loose songs on YT which didn't convince me at all. Modern (and clean) production, meh vocals and few interesting riffs. Hence why I asked you about your opinion on it. Midvinter is quite good if you can pass through the 8-9 minutes songs. But since I worship at the altar of Dawn that's not a problem for me. :p

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:26 am 

The_Kreator wrote:
I don't even have to ask for recommendations on anything.

I just read through the forums and find new bands every time!

Thank you to all who post on MA!

No kidding. This place is fantastic.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:54 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
I must thank Crushed_Revelation for bringing to my attention two excellent bands whose existence I had failed to aknowledge, namely Matricide and Prevalent Resistance.

And you are more than welcome. I'm pleased that these two have gained your interest. Matricide in particular are a stand-out for me, and have been for a while. I just wish they would release another full length.

My collection

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:01 am 

Indeed, it has been six years since anything was released under that name.

Snook17
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:45 pm 

Big thanks to whoever recommended Dawn (Swe) a while back under a melodic metal thread. If only their stuff was still in print. :/ Regardless, seriously some killer shit right there.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:55 pm 

Snook17 wrote:
Big thanks to whoever recommended Dawn (Swe) a while back under a melodic metal thread. If only their stuff was still in print. :/ Regardless, seriously some killer shit right there.

You're welcome. ;)

You might want to check out the Slaughtersun compilation, I paid some big bucks for it but it has everything they've ever recorded on two discs.

Snook17
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:52 pm 

androdion wrote:
You're welcome. ;)

You might want to check out the Slaughtersun compilation, I paid some big bucks for it but it has everything they've ever recorded on two discs.

Ah, thank you good sir! And yes i've looked into that one, but i could only find it used and the price reached the triple digits often. Mind telling me where you got yours exactly?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:05 am 

I got if from a friend who had a CD store and got me some decent deals. Yeah, Dawn stuff is pretty expensive so what I said is that it's best to spend your money on the compilation instead of buying the individual albums, which go $70+ easy. Even so I've paid 45€ for the compilation, second-handed, which wasn't exactly cheap. But since the initial price she gave me at the time was 80-90€ I think I got alright in the end. :)

Megadeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:17 pm 

No one "recommended" them, but I recently came across a post where someone (don't know who) mentioned the band Mekong Delta (progressive thrash metal). The band have a solid discography, yet I had never heard of them. Turned out to be great, so a big thank you to whoever dropped that name somewhere in the forums :D The moral of the story: Keep mentioning great bands.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:58 pm 

I forget who it was, but whoever recommended me "Doomscapes" by Diskord is awesome. Amazing and unique death metal album, slowly becoming one of my favourites.

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:14 pm 

-
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Last edited by Of_This_Night36 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
felipetacla0
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:46 pm 

Concerning some requests made at the Black Metal topic: I found Gallowbraid, Dammerfarben and Alda to be really amazing bands. So far I've listened more thoroughly to this latter, but all three are remarkable and I say then Thank you, guys, really. Utlagr? Must confess I didn't appreciate so much, but thank you all the same for the help. Really.
(Gallowbraid must be a highly underrated band, because I think their music's actually extremely enjoyable... and often even beautiful.)

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:49 pm 

Thanks necronipple, for repping Fondlecorpse in the Razorback Records thread.

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm 

Thanks to IntoNevermore for recommending Anterior a couple months ago. I have since listened to their entire discography. Awesome stuff.
So you go to a show, and you can't mosh... who cares. Are you there to run into people or to listen to the music? If you want to run into people go to the mall and run through groups of mall goths or something for fun.

TIMJ Profile

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:07 am 

thanks john_sunlight for repping Tjolgtjar. I listened to them in the 2006 or so, then forgot about them. Never expected them to do much but their new material is solid.

metalxstorm123
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:58 pm 

Id like to thank everyone who posted on the death metal revival gems thread

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:41 pm 

I would like to thank droneriot for introducing me to the genre of Neofolk.. :thumbsup:

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:20 am 

Thanks to FleshMonolith for pointing me in the direction of a whole bunch of bands, the guy really knows his shit when it comes to many genres and I hope he sticks around.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:55 pm 

Thank you Xeogred for the recommendation. I will try this next time I work out.

Erdrickgr
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:01 pm 

Thanks to all the contributors to the thread titled New 2012 Metal albums that you liked. I read through it over the course of several days, checking on youtube most of the albums recommended, and ended up with a list of 15-20 albums to buy.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:54 am 

thanks to Yahko for recommending Fleshgod Apocalypse to me

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:46 pm 

Thanks to everyone who recommended / reviewed Lykathea Aflame. I'm still not fully sure what my stance is on the album. It's enjoyable, has some great parts and amazing ideas, but I'm not sure if it's a ninety to one hundred percenter for me. Maybe it's too dense, and I haven't gotten through all of the layers yet, but thanks everyone anyways. And yes I know, I'm twelve years late on that one.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:39 pm 

soul_schizm recommended me the Finnish band Mythos (their album Pain Amplifier). I think I never thanked him properly for the awesome recommendation, I've been looking for an album exactly like that since I got the first two Impaled Nazarene albums in 2004. Thanks!

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:11 am 

Thanks to whoever recommended I shalt become /lustre/Paysage d'Hive"/Silencer and to carry on buying Xasthur albums.All different people at different times,and these bands are probably old news to most into this genre,but it was only 2 or 3 months ago when the only black metal bands i new of were Mayhem/Burzum/Emperor/Immortal and Venom.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 am 

Thanks to STORMM who recommended me early Wyrd. Bought their Heathen -cd and spinned it already a few times. It was actually just what I was looking for. Funny that this band is located so near me, and I've never heard of them. The only (possible) downside with this album is that it consist only of one long song, and even that is not really a negative thing as I'm used to listening records from start to finish. So yeah, thanks.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:33 pm 

ScandalfTheShite wrote:
Thanks to STORMM who recommended me early Wyrd. Bought their Heathen -cd and spinned it already a few times. It was actually just what I was looking for. Funny that this band is located so near me, and I've never heard of them. The only (possible) downside with this album is that it consist only of one long song, and even that is not really a negative thing as I'm used to listening records from start to finish. So yeah, thanks.

Glad to be of some help Scandal and they fit the bill, him being your neighbour and all :wink: . Yeah it is one long song but the intuerludes break it up well. Try the debut also as it is split up into tracks.

~Guest 300273
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:05 am 

Thanks to who ever the hell recremended Torture Squad. Whoever you are seriously gave me a big boost in exploring metal and eventually lead me to falling in love with death metal (as that band had a dash of death to their thrash, at least in AEquilibrium)

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:30 am 

I'd like to deliver an emphatic message of thanks that is long overdue to Pfuntner. Roughly a year ago, he recommended to me the album Palmless Prayer / Mass Murder Refrain by Mono & World's End Girlfriend. After twelve months and dozens of listens spent in cold, silent reflection, this release has crept into my favorite records of all time, if not the absolute zenith. It is quite literally the most moving thing I've ever listened to and never fails to deliver excruciating emotional blows, chilling passages of crestfallen pathos, and crescendos of cathartic release. I seriously feel as if my life has been made better by knowing about this release and listening to it.

So yeah, I kind of liked it. Thank you.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next