Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
fetalfeast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:52 am 

My car is back home in Tennessee, it's a 1979 Ford Granada, blue in color, automatic, inline 4 cylinder, 2.8L I believe. Even came with LUXURY AM radio :D

^Not mine, but very close.

Now that I no longer live in TN, this is my ride:

Anyone else stuck riding SEPTA?

The Orange Man
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:19 pm 

I drive a 2006 Dodge GoManGo Daytona #1,973. Not modified, but other than those resonators, I like it just fine stock.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:37 pm 

Used to have a 1982 Honda Prelude:

FUCK YES

When that died, I moved on to a 1983 Toyota Corolla wagon:

SO SEXY

Now that I live in New York, I don't need a car anymore :) I didn't bring my bike with me (1970s Peugeot road bike), though I maybe should have...

But all that aside, this is the car I want someday:

Black early 1970s Datsun/Nissan 240Z

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:02 pm 

I drive one of these.

Yeah, one day I will. What I really have is one of these.

But in metallic red. Very nice car for the money, power everything six stack cd player, and a sports automatic gearbox. No clutch!

My collection

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:24 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Now that I live in New York, I don't need a car anymore :)

NYC? What Borough you in? Just askin' :wink:

My ride's a 1993 Ford Explorer Sport. 194,000 miles. Taking her to DeathFest. Hope she makes it! :-D

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:32 pm 

Brooklyn, Prospect Park area. Driving around here seems like fucking hell though, so I can't say I'm all that sad about not having a car.

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:46 pm 

I work near Prospect Park. Almost NEVER drive there. NY parking is hell, but I'm in Bay Ridge and have my system/schedule all worked out :-D

Ogerz001
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:25 pm 

Got a 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis that has just over 100,000 miles on it.

Photo is a few years old
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv32 ... ure094.jpg

brmln
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:43 am 

I drive a 1991 Honda Accord EX coupe. It's my first car, my parents bought it for me, it's not terrible on gas, and it comfortably gets me from point A to point B. I couldn't ask for more right now.

NikeOfSamothrace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:01 am 

I take the subway.

End.

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:18 am 

Spoiler: show

That was mine until I just blew out the head gasket the other week, only did about 100,000 kms too.

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:55 am 

I have what usualy averages out at about 1.75 pairs of shoes at any given time. I'm largely self propelled. When faced with the prospect of the price of a car and driving lessons, I tend to break it down in terms of "how many CD's could I get for that instead".

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:36 am 

Ya'll be checkin' out my sweet ride, yeah? Yeah.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

Nargodath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:05 pm 

1979 Buick Electra, original boat car, 400 HP. I live in a very 'liberal', tree-hugger city, and get shit for driving this, but I drive a lot for my job and hate squeezing my 6'3" into an econobox.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:38 pm 

I found a couple pictures of the camaro

Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

autonomous_deity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:50 pm 

2005 honda shadow spirit

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:14 am 

I'm rocking the '99 Bonneville stil, but it's in pretty rough shape at the moment. I hope to be getting a new ride soon as I have the liquid funds to pay for it (new job is helping with that)

This was my first ride:

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

lordrelay
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:36 pm 

I have a 2002 Dodge Neon and a 2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:44 pm 

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer LS. It's my first car, going strong at 140,000 miles. Just had to drop six-hundred dollars a few months ago for some much-needed repairs. It's been good to me so far.

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:08 pm 

Nargodath wrote:
1979 Buick Electra, original boat car, 400 HP. I live in a very 'liberal', tree-hugger city, and get shit for driving this, but I drive a lot for my job and hate squeezing my 6'3" into an econobox.

People really ought to mind their own business. The emissions on these vehicles are not that high and although inefficient, all the "tree huggers" that approach you know absolutely nothing about cars most likely. I'm a huge fan of the GM B-bodies such as yours. 400 hp is unbelievable, more like 180-200 if stock. The 79 Buick Electra came with either the buick 350, or the olds 403. Neither of which came close to 400hp, but for their time, they were powerful enough. I personally have had a few b-bodies. As of now my daily driver is a 1990 Chevrolet Caprice police package. 350 bored to 351, higher compression heads, bored out TBI unit, dual exhaust etc. I think with all these mods I'm at about 210-220 HP and 300 ft lbs torque. I've driven a 77 Impala with a 305, 83 Buick Lesabre, 88 Chevy Caprice. I crashed my first b-body into a tree and didn't feel a thing..and since then I've been hooked. My father had several b-bodies while I was growing up. He had 75 Olds Delta 88, 82 Buick Park Avenue (similar to your electra), 83 buick Lesabre, 85 Caprice Station Wagon and so on. GM replaced the square b-body design in 1991 with the more rounded version and that's where I stop. I've always felt that the late 80's B-bodies were the last of the classic style American cars.

I'd rather have a $2000 car and spend $3000 on gas/year than have a $30,000 car and spend $1000 in gas per year. With an initial investment of about $2500 into my car, it would take me roughly 8-9 years to have as much as you people with your new cars even if I were to put about $500 into repairs per year.

The problem with metal heads these days, is that for the most part, they have absolutely no appreciation for old cars aside from the well known classics. No metal heads I know appreciate old cars to the point of actually driving them and fixing them. Sure, they'll spend thousands on vintage amps and gear, but they'll drive their parental owned 2009 Toyota Prius without shame. All the people I know like muscle cars, but their knowledge doesn't go beyond that of the Dodge Charger, Chevy Camaro, or Ford Mustang. There are some people in this thread that have good taste and actually drive old cars. But It's really a shame how some people have the nerve to tell me to get a new car. I just calculated that it would take me roughly 8-9 years of driving my awesome 22 year old car just to match what you have into your new car. I'd rather spend my mid 20's and early 30's driving a classic dual exhaust post apocalypse friendly vehicle before I settle down and drive a plastic aerodynamic piece of shit.

Mushbil
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:43 pm 

03' Toyota Solara
Used to be a rental car in Vegas.

Nargodath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:06 pm 

rabidmadman wrote:
Nargodath wrote:

People really ought to mind their own business. The emissions on these vehicles are not that high and although inefficient, all the "tree huggers" that approach you know absolutely nothing about cars most likely. I'm a huge fan of the GM B-bodies such as yours. 400 hp is unbelievable, more like 180-200 if stock. The 79 Buick Electra came with either the buick 350, or the olds 403. Neither of which came close to 400hp, but for their time, they were powerful enough. I personally have had a few b-bodies. As of now my daily driver is a 1990 Chevrolet Caprice police package. 350 bored to 351, higher compression heads, bored out TBI unit, dual exhaust etc. I think with all these mods I'm at about 210-220 HP and 300 ft lbs torque. I've driven a 77 Impala with a 305, 83 Buick Lesabre, 88 Chevy Caprice. I crashed my first b-body into a tree and didn't feel a thing..and since then I've been hooked. My father had several b-bodies while I was growing up. He had 75 Olds Delta 88, 82 Buick Park Avenue (similar to your electra), 83 buick Lesabre, 85 Caprice Station Wagon and so on. GM replaced the square b-body design in 1991 with the more rounded version and that's where I stop. I've always felt that the late 80's B-bodies were the last of the classic style American cars.

I'd rather have a $2000 car and spend $3000 on gas/year than have a $30,000 car and spend $1000 in gas per year. With an initial investment of about $2500 into my car, it would take me roughly 8-9 years to have as much as you people with your new cars even if I were to put about $500 into repairs per year.

The problem with metal heads these days, is that for the most part, they have absolutely no appreciation for old cars aside from the well known classics. No metal heads I know appreciate old cars to the point of actually driving them and fixing them. Sure, they'll spend thousands on vintage amps and gear, but they'll drive their parental owned 2009 Toyota Prius without shame. All the people I know like muscle cars, but their knowledge doesn't go beyond that of the Dodge Charger, Chevy Camaro, or Ford Mustang. There are some people in this thread that have good taste and actually drive old cars. But It's really a shame how some people have the nerve to tell me to get a new car. I just calculated that it would take me roughly 8-9 years of driving my awesome 22 year old car just to match what you have into your new car. I'd rather spend my mid 20's and early 30's driving a classic dual exhaust post apocalypse friendly vehicle before I settle down and drive a plastic aerodynamic piece of shit.

Yeah, haha, I mistyped that, not 400HP, it has the 403. And yes, new cars are soulless pieces of crap. Unsafe, hard to fix, and uncomfortable. I drive either old Detroit iron or old Mercedes-Benzes.

Rusted and Rotting
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:08 pm 

Not too into cars/vehicles and therefore don't know too much about them, but I drive a 2005 Toyota Tundra. V8 gas mileage isn't so good on the wallet, and the truck isn't too good in the snow/ice/mud (and I get a lot of snow/ice/mud), but for the most part it works just fine for me.
"I am drunk as fuck, driving around town drunk, I'm on dope, and I want you to call the police. Not only that, but I got a loaded hand gun right here. I'm gonna start firing this off. So please call the cops." --Ricky, "Trailer Park Boys"

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:29 pm 

lordrelay, I legitimately wish I was you.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:23 pm 

That Harley is awesome and nullifies the neon. You are an acceptable individual.

Narg, Here are some awesome forums if you need help or info about your car.

http://www.b-body.org

http://www.9c1.com

http://www.impalassforum.com

and http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/77-90bbody/

join that yahoo group. Anytime I have a question, I get a response that day. It's geared towards the 77-90 GM B-body and a lot of people on there are really knowledgeable. The impalass forum is the most active forum out of all the car forums I'm no and you usually get responses on there really fast. You should also probably join a forum dedicated the the oldsmobile motors.

To be frank, i know nothing about the 403 other than it has a spider intake manifold that is prone to going bad, causing the car to overheat. How many miles are on your buick? I've heard a lot of bad things about the 403, but I've never had one. I think the problem with the 403 and probably any smallblock of that dimension is that they're too bored/stroked out and the cylinder walls are just too thin. However, a big block 400 is probably a great motor, I just know nothing about big blocks. I've only had 305's and 350 Chevy's. Anyway, your buick sounds awesome, is it a 2 door? How does the carb hold up to daily driving? I drove with a 4 barrel quadrajet for 4 years, but now I've "upgraded" to TBI and I'm really happy with the simplicitiy and reliability of the basic fuel injection (only 2 injectors vs. 8, shoots fuel straight down intake manifold like a carb, simple to rebuild)

Anyway, check out those sites if you haven't already, I know very few b body enthusiaists. I'm at 232,000 and counting. I'm hoping to reach 1,000,000, but I doubt I'll drive that much in my life time haha.

Also, I'm digging that Ford Granada. It's a shame it came with a 2.8 though...too underpowered for a car that size. The b-body GM's were optioned with a 2.5 Line Six. 110 Horsepower/190 Torque to power 4000+ pounds...not cool. The only plus to the really underpowered cars is the 3 on the tree column manual. I think to compensate for the lack of power, they were given a 3.08 rear ratio. But even with that rear gear, that's too sluggish. What rear gear does the Ford Granada have? I've got 3.42's and I've unintentionally out launched a 2004 Subaru WRX with the turbo 2.0. He was doing WOT too. However, a few seconds in he was way ahead of me haha. It's still nice to know that even after spinning my tires, I'm quicker off the line than a fairly newer turbo charged car :)

Finally, although I don't like it at all, I give props to that '83 toyota for still being on the road. I have to respect anything that is nearly 30 years old and still reliable even if it is a high revving 4 banger.

Last edited by rabidmadman on Fri May 04, 2012 12:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:33 pm 

rabidmadman wrote:
That Harley is awesome and nullifies the neon. You are an acceptable individual.

I banned him last week, but yeah, cool harley :) My dad has one, I'll post it when I'll get access to my external hard drive.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

~Guest 285672
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:41 pm 

Been using this '95 Corvette for almost 17 years now. Still gets great mileage, even if it breaks down. It's gotten into a few accidents, unfortunatly...

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:50 pm 

My sides. I cannot stop laughing.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:01 am 

Looks similar to mine.

Anyway I don't have a car, but I use my parents' cars quite a lot, so I don't know if that counts!

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

The_Emo_Hater
Follically Challenged

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:11 pm 

I currently drive a 99 Ford Windstar back and forth to work (15 miles each way) and gas mileage isn't the best. I only work 4 days a week and if I'm slick, I can get by weekly on just $25 worth of cheap AM/PM gas. However there is nothing like getting behind the wheel of an old C3 Stingray. My dad owns a candy apple red 72 C3 (referred to as "arrest-me-red"), originally with a stock 350 before dropping a small block 406 into it and that bastard fucking screams!!!! My folks also own a black 01 Vette and I did drive a 78 Stingray for a while before moving out of state. By far the funnest vehicle I've ever had the pleasure of messing around in.

NWOAHM666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:50 am 

Diamhea wrote:
I found a couple pictures of the camaro

*pictures*

Sweet ride, I love F-bodies. I'm trying to look for an old-school BMW 6-series, those look pretty badass.

john_harrison
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:01 am 

fetalfeast wrote:
My car is back home in Tennessee, it's a 1979 Ford Granada, blue in color, automatic, inline 4 cylinder, 2.8L I believe. Even came with LUXURY AM radio :D

really cool,, i wanna make my car look exactly the same as that.. :) i checked out this site for parts http://www.jcwhitney.com/ford/m29j1s3.jcwx ,, its great..

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:09 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_fi9n5hEG4

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:34 pm 

i changed the dual cam motor out for a single cam engine before i can run it (the dual cam had a hard knock in the motor and i didnt feel like chancing anything else), this thing has never failed me yet *knock on wood*. i'm looking to put light mods on it, just to give it more power than average but not so much that i cant go pick up some groceries with it. cold air, new spark plugs/wires.... also need to get it repainted, some of the clear coat is peeling. (this is not my car in the pic, just one that looks exactly like mine)

edit:

my phone finally uploaded the damn pic. its a 1997 Saturn SC2, everything is stock except for a little 60 watt cd player and a small woofer in the trunk

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:52 pm 

One like this, from 2006 and completely problem free. And the colour is called "Lucifer red"! :metal:

TheIbexMoon666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:11 pm 

A little over a month ago I bought a brand new 2012 Jeep Patriot Altitude.

Both pictures were taken from my shitty cell phone, one after the other, but for what ever reason the quality is better in one picture than the other.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:14 am 

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis.. it's a fuckin boat and is singlehandedly helping the saudi's fund Syria's genocide of it's own people but oh well... s'not my problem. Also, it was hand-driven by an old woman before I got it, that must increase the value of it somehow.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:09 pm 

Ill be getting my mom's volkswagon passat handed down to me pretty soon.

Maybe not this same make, and my mom's is gray. It's basically mine now that my mom has a new car, I just don't have a driver's license.

Last edited by metaldiscussor666 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chainsaw Omega
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:20 pm 

1998 Ford Econoline creep van. It is the van i use for my bands, but it has become kind of my daily driver since I sold my 1997 Chevy Silverado. I can't fuckin afford 2 v8 engines.

Tapsa93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:46 pm 

An 94' Volvo 850, but riding a bisycle if the distance and weather allows it. Definitelly buying an motorsycle when my wallet allows such things to happen, i loved to ride my moped / Light motorsycle back when i drove such things. And theres the good ol feeling when you ride with a motorcycle durin the peak of the summer heat wave.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next