Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:56 am 

Animetal USA are a cover band. MA doesn't accept bands that lack original material of their own.

corviderrant
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:00 am 

Fair enough, thanks for answering.

80sthrashmetal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:39 am 

Ok tried to submit my band awhile back and it was rejected for no proof of physical release so I provided proof only for my band to be rejected on grounds the album wasnt metal enough and I understand that. Now today april 22nd 2012 I updated my bands page again this time with 2 more releases that are metal Black Metal to be exact and yet it says Ive been blacklisted WTF! I dont get why I've been blacklisted for. Can someone please explain? I mean the ep I had released had 2 bm songs though they claim only 1 but besides the point I just tried 2 times to add it and one was just to fix a mistake I made in not taking a picture of the physical cd in order to show proof my mistake. I am a BIG TIME supporter of Metal Archives but this is UTTER BS! I know a ton of people that have complained about how uptight MA is and I never thought so but now im starting to wonder. Now no disrespect but blacklisting my band after only 2 chances to submit it seems kinda harsh if you ask me. I hope SOMEONE see's it in their heart to unblacklist me and let me re-submit my band since ive done NOTHING wrong here. Sincerely,Blacklorde Grymfrost.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:45 am 

You're referring to Archaic Godlike Hypocrisy, yes?

Seems as though Sofeshue blacklisted the band based on the EP "...Onward to Astral Divinity" alone. Was the second EP ("As the Gods Call Me Home") more metallic and less ambient than the first? If so, post some song samples to prove it.

80sthrashmetal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:02 am 

Kinda The Single Viking Blood In My Veins is the most metal release thus far due to some issue but still should atleast be unblacklisted and given a chance in fact Im currently working on a full black metal release to be released soon.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:08 am 

Once you've released a fully black metal release, post the links here and then we'll talk about unblacklisting it.

Look, we're not judging the metalness of your metal songs. We're judging the metalness of the releases as a whole, and if there are too many ambient interludes, then the album registers as more of an ambient/neofolk/whatever work than a metallic one. A folk band can't just throw one or two metal songs amidst several ambient ones and call it a metal release.

Odiumaniac
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:38 am 

Hello,

Trying to submit new band, I see this:

Warning: a band called "Alne" (Poland) has been blacklisted! Your submission will not go through, unless your band comes from a different country; select the country in the drop-down to verify.
If you think this is an error, please ask in this forum thread. Thank you.

I carefully read all rules and can't see errors from my side.

Link to physical release:

http://archaic-sound.com/shop/product_i ... cts_id=706

Link to check "metalness":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z89M-FQZ-0k

So, can I submit now this band to database? Please, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:50 am 

Odiumaniac wrote:
Hello,

Trying to submit new band, I see this:

Warning: a band called "Alne" (Poland) has been blacklisted! Your submission will not go through, unless your band comes from a different country; select the country in the drop-down to verify.
If you think this is an error, please ask in this forum thread. Thank you.

I carefully read all rules and can't see errors from my side.

Link to physical release:

http://archaic-sound.com/shop/product_i ... cts_id=706

Link to check "metalness":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z89M-FQZ-0k

So, can I submit now this band to database? Please, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

They are blacklisted for being "folk rock" and I agree with that assessment. There are some metal parts, but it doesn't seem to be a dominant part of the music. Telling from what I found on Youtube at least.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:00 pm 

I'd like to thank Azmodes for removing Yaocuicatl from the blacklist, but it turns out that some other guy decided to submit them, with wrong and/or incomplete information, no less.

I mean, I hate the fact that now that I gathered the info, got in contact with the band and managed to obtain proof of releases, some other idiot decides to steal the submission by throwing it to the queue first. I've never been in this kind of situation before, nor I have read anything similar on the forum, so I'd like to ask, what happens in this kind of situations? Is his submission valid and accepted, and then I'll have to add the correct info? Or does his submission gets rejected and then I can submit the band with the right info I gathered directly from the band?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:16 pm 

It all depends on when the band's submitted, really...

I remember submitting a band named Swamp Witch a while ago that another user had already submitted to the queue several days earlier without any clear proof of PR. My submission had more info, as well as the required proof, but it was rejected because it wouldn't have been fair to the original submitter. Personally, I was fine with that, I just wanted to see the band on the site. :) I did, however, go through and fix/add all the info from my submission to the newly accepted page - so in circumstances where your submission gets rejected in favour of a less accurate/complete one, feel free to go and add the info appropriately (or submit a report if you lack the editorial privileges to do so). I wouldn't go and do so immediately after the band's approved though... as it's likely the moderator's about to migrate the information themselves, and having another user do it at the same time, well... needless to say, that pisses users off. :p

On the other hand, if two bands are submitted at the same time, well... we typically choose the more complete/accurate one. If they all seem equally complete, ugh, well... :ugh: We really have no choice but to roll a dice. :rolleyes: Thankfully that doesn't happen often.

berzeviczi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:35 pm 

Hi
Azmodes rejected again the Excuse band from this site and I don't know why. He wrote me this: "The problem is that there is no evidence that the demo has been released on a PHYSICAL (CD, tape, etc...) medium. The rules are very clear on this. There are lots of bands just circulating their material as downloads. Just because Excuse say they are recording a second demo doesn't mean it's physical, let alone the FIRST demo is physical. If you own a copy, then take a couple of pictures of it and include those in the submission notes."

I know the rules clear. I have taken in the band's first demo(for money) on physical format what the band sent me on cd-r with cover. And not just because the band say they are recording a second demodoesn't mean it's physical. Yes I just said and you can read on the band myspace site the band recording their second demo.Just recording, not released.The second but their first demo released in physical format. I f you want I send the demo cover or the songs to you. I don't know exactly your philosophy. You accepted uncertain bands whose playing in uncertain style and reject so bands whose' genre light like a sun. I'm waiting for your answer and please at last accept the band.
berzeviczi

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:41 pm 

If, as you claim, you know our rules, why didn't you include that last pic in the first place? There was no evidence anywhere, just your word for it. I don't know how I could have made myself any more clear in the rejection message...

The band can be resubmitted now.

boblovesmusic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm 

I submitted the stoner/doom band Set, http://www.facebook.com/pages/SET/226596307398063 that was rejected cus "Please wait until the album is actually released." Despite the facebook saying their demo release show is this coming Friday, the demo is available for purchase. They have been selling the demos at several shows.

This picture is from a show I attended and also bought a copy. Image

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:12 pm 

I wonder if Our Ashes Remain, a sludge/groove metal band from Pennsylvania, can be taken off the blacklist. Their EP is a physical release and it's been out for about a week now (this I can prove as I have a copy) and they sound unambiguously metal (at least to my ears). The whole EP can be listened to on their facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Our-Ashe ... 2405167945

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:13 am 

boblovesmusic wrote:
I submitted the stoner/doom band Set, http://www.facebook.com/pages/SET/226596307398063 that was rejected cus "Please wait until the album is actually released." Despite the facebook saying their demo release show is this coming Friday, the demo is available for purchase. They have been selling the demos at several shows. This picture is from a show I attended and also bought a copy.

So I see. :) You can resubmit, but please include the link to the image in the submission notes (and please wrap it in spoiler tags next time...).

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:35 am 

Alhadis wrote:
boblovesmusic wrote:
I submitted the stoner/doom band Set, http://www.facebook.com/pages/SET/226596307398063 that was rejected cus "Please wait until the album is actually released." Despite the facebook saying their demo release show is this coming Friday, the demo is available for purchase. They have been selling the demos at several shows. This picture is from a show I attended and also bought a copy.

So I see. :) You can resubmit, but please include the link to the image in the submission notes (and please wrap it in spoiler tags next time...).

Actually he did include it in his first submission, but a report about the release show made me think it's not officially out yet. Sorry 'bout that, but in these cases please be more clear. :)

boblovesmusic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:49 am 

Resubmitted! Yeah, I had a feeling that would cause some confusion, but figured the picture would help a little. Noted in the future!

Waldschrat
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:00 am 

hi

i got this mail today:Could you elaborate on the nature of the distribution of that demo? So it was given to friends, but anyone who contacted you could get a copy as well? I assume it was on CD-R? Could you provide some more samples as well, preferably the complete demo?

the demo was a cd-r and it was self released, my friends got some and fans of the first days also got one if they asked. i added a cover foto
so where is the problem Oo

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:29 am 

Erm. What band is this that you're referring to?

Goatfangs wrote:
I wonder if Our Ashes Remain, a sludge/groove metal band from Pennsylvania, can be taken off the blacklist. Their EP is a physical release and it's been out for about a week now (this I can prove as I have a copy) and they sound unambiguously metal (at least to my ears).

You're kidding, right...? :lol:

Yeah, erh... nuh. Bits of metal mashed here and there isn't going to cut it.

Waldschrat
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:46 am 

waldschrat (austria)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:50 am 

Waldschrat wrote:
hi

i got this mail today:Could you elaborate on the nature of the distribution of that demo? So it was given to friends, but anyone who contacted you could get a copy as well? I assume it was on CD-R? Could you provide some more samples as well, preferably the complete demo?

the demo was a cd-r and it was self released, my friends got some and fans of the first days also got one if they asked. i added a cover foto
so where is the problem Oo

One reason I asked was because we normally don't accept bands based on albums that are only handed out to some close friends or distributed in any kind of "non-public" way. You wrote that the demo was given to friends and "anyone who asked about it"/"fans of the first days", so if that's true it would seem that it actually was available to anyone who wanted it, but still, I thought it was a bit inconclusive and asking for further info couldn't hurt.

Another reason I rejected them was because I wasn't sure whether it's a folk band with some black metal songs or vice versa. On your FB page there's one black metal song, a black metal cover (irrelevant) and one folk song, with only the first being on the demo. So, if we accept the band based on the demo, I wanted to listen to the whole thing, basically. This may seem pedantic to you, but it's how we operate in the band queue.

It says you guys are planning on releasing a full-length through Talheim Records later this year, so if that is all the info you can provide at this point perhaps it would be better to wait until you have a more tangible physical release with more song material available before you resubmit.

EDIT: The issue has been resolved via PM.

deadcount
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:04 am 

Hi All!

Some weeks ago I wrote about a project called Howling Eternity.
You asked me about pictures of phisical copies, well here's one:
http://depressiveillusions.com/items/ta ... voices-sun

It's from the lables website.

Howling eternity is a Hungarian one-man Black Metal band (Solus) other project.
do you need something else?

So can is submit this band?

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:45 am 

deadcount wrote:
Howling eternity is a Hungarian one-man Black Metal band (Solus) other project.
do you need something else? So can is submit this band?

As fucking awesome as this music is... sorry. It's dark ambient, and I've no idea how you could interpret this as "black metal".

They weren't blacklisted because they lacked a physical release; they would've been blacklisted because they weren't a metallic band.

deadcount
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:36 pm 

I think, You misunderstood me because of my English.
Simply: Solus is a one-man BM band, this guy made another project called Howling Eternity which is a Dron Doom Metal (!!!) band with ambient elements. You can find only 1 song on the internet (I think because of promotional causes), which has more ambient part than Metal, but the others are less ambient. You can think like Sunn o)))-'s music, which is metal too.
Anyway, if I know well, if anybody has a registered Metal band, than he or she can made profiles for his or her other projects which are esspecially has less metal style. Right?

So, my question is: Can I submit Howling Eternity??

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:44 pm 

Okay, erm... this is where it gets tricky. You'll need to convince us the entire EP is more metallic than the track featured on MySpace - and the tracks better be damn metal/doomish. Are you able to provide a rip? If so, PM me the link and I'll have a listen. :)

:p I know it'll probably sound like I'm just trying to score free music, but the fact is, a band needs to have a release that's mostly metal for it to qualify for admission. Going by the track that's on MySpace, Howling Eternity would need an EP that's very thoroughly metallic before I can take them off the blacklist.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:22 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
Goatfangs wrote:
I wonder if Our Ashes Remain, a sludge/groove metal band from Pennsylvania, can be taken off the blacklist. Their EP is a physical release and it's been out for about a week now (this I can prove as I have a copy) and they sound unambiguously metal (at least to my ears).

You're kidding, right...? :lol:

Yeah, erh... nuh. Bits of metal mashed here and there isn't going to cut it.

No, I'm not kidding.

Some hardcore influences in there but this is mostly groove metal. Might be a bit simplistic though, and the song 8 might be easily confused for nu-metal (kind of has that syncopated groove metal riffage thing going on). Still a bit borderline, I'll admit, but this is a local band who probably wouldn't have had anyone else ask about them.

They performed some new songs at Jimmy's Place up in Allentown and it was soon after that show that I was going to add them, but Gravewish already beat me to the punch by submitting them to the queue. The new songs are in the style of They Keep Us Down. I know that live performances don't count for metalness though, but I'm betting their next release will qualify them for addition to the site. When that is remains to be seen, but this EP is self-released and the band's next move may be to go for a full-length release on a local label (Born of Chaos records looks most likely).

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:39 pm 

deadcount wrote:
... which has more ambient part than Metal, but the others are less ambient. You can think like Sunn o)))-'s music, which is metal too.

Yeah, okay... after listening to the other two tracks, I can honestly say this still isn't metallic enough to qualify. There's some drone doom moments in the song, yes, but they don't come off as the predominant part of the music. There's too much ambience and atmosphere in between. Sorry.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:09 pm 

As this band has been disputed on this thread, I might as well post this here.

May I go ahead and Add Disfiguring the Goddess?

The latest EP "Sleeper" Has come out Today and is a PHysical Release:

Proof: http://www.indiemerch.com/disfiguringth ... item/14375
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:18 am 

Pagan_Death_Sceam wrote:
May I go ahead and Add Disfiguring the Goddess? The latest EP "Sleeper" Has come out Today and is a PHysical Release:

Yeah, it's physical. Too bad it isn't metallic enough, either. :rolleyes:

Look, I'll be as indignant about it as you are. Want somebody to blame? Go blame Cameron Argon for putting out a shitty album with too many fucking breakdowns.

I was looking forward to having them on MA finally too, but hey.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:36 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Pagan_Death_Sceam wrote:
May I go ahead and Add Disfiguring the Goddess? The latest EP "Sleeper" Has come out Today and is a PHysical Release:

Yeah, it's physical. Too bad it isn't metallic enough, either. :rolleyes:

Look, I'll be as indignant about it as you are. Want somebody to blame? Go blame Cameron Argon for putting out a shitty album with too many fucking breakdowns.

I was looking forward to having them on MA finally too, but hey.

Just have to wait then, recent Heavy Blog is Heavy interview said he might just make a Minecraft Folk Metal song, *shrugs*, don't know if he was joking or not but hey, if he releases it as a single...
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:41 am 

What's that got to do with anything? If it were to be released as a single, chances are it'd just be a digital download. :p

Haat888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:15 pm 

I tried to add a band MOLOCH from Brazil but it says there is a Moloch from Brazil which is blacklisted so I can't add the band

The band appears on the Split with other Brazilian bands (5 max which is the case here)

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Si ... nus/338854

The band also apparently released a demo called "Perversa Cerimônia"

http://www.myspace.com/molochhorda

If you agree, can you remove it from the blacklist?

ghroth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:01 pm 

Sorry to be pesky, but no one replied to my post on the last page. Just curious about this, is all.

ghroth wrote:
So I recently tried to submit a band called Ohlm, but was rejected due to them not being metal enough.

However, I was just informed that this band is technically already on the archives, but under a different name. Ohlm used to be known as Synaptic Dissent, who were obviously metal enough to be accepted.

Why the discrepancy? The songs featured on the demo are even on the their full length, "The Synaptic Dissent", which I included in my submission.

Thanks.

P666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:53 pm 

Hi Everybody,

may I know why the band Urlo Nero (Italy) has been blacklisted? the band has just released a demo CD of which I can provide an evidence. The band plays thrash/black metal so I truly believe they are metal enough.

The guy running the band is not so familiar with English so I fear there must have been some misunderstandings during the submission process.

Looking forward to your reply
P666

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:45 am 

Haat888 wrote:
I tried to add a band MOLOCH from Brazil but it says there is a Moloch from Brazil which is blacklisted so I can't add the band

The band appears on the Split with other Brazilian bands (5 max which is the case here)

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Von ... 3540341285
Isn't that this band?

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:42 am 

P666 wrote:
Hi Everybody,

may I know why the band Urlo Nero (Italy) has been blacklisted? the band has just released a demo CD of which I can provide an evidence. The band plays thrash/black metal so I truly believe they are metal enough.

The guy running the band is not so familiar with English so I fear there must have been some misunderstandings during the submission process.

Looking forward to your reply
P666

I've removed the band from the blacklist, so you can resubmit it. Be sure to include the proof of physical release in your submission.
Also, I've just rejected your another submission for the band Felis Catus, which had no proof of physical release, only the links to downloads. Please read our rules about the physical release and how you can prove its existence. And besides that, please add the releases to the discography tab if you know the tracklists before submitting the band to the queue.

P666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:24 am 

thanks Fulgurius, with respect to Felis Catus indeed there is no physical release so far due lack of funds he has just released his works as free download. So I guess we have got to wait for better times of his when a physical release is actually done.

regards

P666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:59 am 

Hi Everybody,

I have submitted the band Urlo Nero following (hopefully) all the MA's rules. One problem though: I have issued twice the link to their facebook page (links named Facebook page and Urlo Nero @ Facebook) and could not figure out how to get rid of one of them (specifically I would like to delete the one named Facebook page). Can you help me out?
regards

Haat888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:37 pm 

Fulgurius wrote:
Haat888 wrote:

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Von ... 3540341285
Isn't that this band?

Yes it is that band, I guess it should be renamed to Moloch only, Von Moloch is the name of the singer from what I can read off their myspace

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:48 pm 

P666 wrote:
(specifically I would like to delete the one named Facebook page). Can you help me out?

Just submit a report to have the extraneous link removed.

Quote:
Yes it is that band, I guess it should be renamed to Moloch only, Von Moloch is the name of the singer from what I can read off their myspace

Changed. I've copied "Von Moloch" to the alternate name/spelling field for any people still looking the band up under that name.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 541  Next