Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 am 

Insomnium are FINALLY touring North America in the fall. Been waiting a good 8 years for this. Dates are as follows:

Quote:
http://www.insomnium.net/news/127/56/USA-tour-with-Epica

10/23/12 Howard Theater – Washington, D.C.
10/25/12 Trocadero – Philadelphia, PA
10/26/12 Irving Plaza – New York, NY
10/27/12 Palladium – Worcester, MA
10/29/12 Imperial – Quebec City, QC - CANADA
10/30/12 Metropolis – Montreal, QC - CANADA
10/31/12 Opera House – Toronto, ON – CANADA
11/02/12 Peabody’s – Cleveland, OH
11/03/12 Altar Bar – Pittsburgh, PA
11/04/12 Mojoe’s – Joliet, IL
11/05/12 Station 4 – St. Paul, MN
11/07/12 Bluebird Theater – Denver, CO
11/08/12 Complex – Salt Lake City, UT
11/10/12 Rickshaw Theater – Vancouver, B.C. – CANADA
11/11/12 El Corazon - Seattle, WA
11/12/12 Hawthorne Theater – Portland, OR
11/14/12 Regency Ballroom – San Francisco, CA
11/15/12 House of Blues – San Diego, CA
11/16/12 House of Blues – Hollywood, CA
11/17/12 Marquee Theater – Tempe, AZ
11/19/12 Trees – Dallas, TX
11/20/12 Scout Bar – Houston, TX
11/21/12 Backstage Live – San Antonio, TX
11/23/12 Headliners – Louisville, KY
11/24/12 Soundstage – Baltimore, MD

I'll be at the Mass. date. So goddamn stoked. Wish they had picked better supporting acts, but meh.

~Guest 285672
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:52 am 

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I have been waiting a long time for this as well. See you all at the Illinois date.
Also, Epica isn't a bad performance live, Alestorm is good fun.
I don't know about Destiny Potato, but the name alone sounds fucked, haha.

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:52 am 

A MILLION TIMES YES! At the time this is happening, I think I will actually make the effort to go up to Quebec City to see these guys. Too good of an opportunity to pass up. Kinda bummed out by the supporting acts. Wish this was still part of the their tour with Paradise Lost, but hey, it's still Insomnium! :D
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:53 am 

I'll be going to see Alestorm! :D

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:03 pm 

YES! YES! YES! Fucking so stoked to catch that Vancouver show! Wow, how unexpected. I will selfishly take this opportunity to also bitch about Epica opening. Seriously, whose wise idea was that? A smaller melodic death metal band would have been perfect, what about some of their Finnish contemporaries like Barren Earth? Oh well, I'm really excited to finally see Insomnium.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:04 pm 

Hehe, gratz guys. :lol:

~Guest 285672
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:31 pm 

Razakel wrote:
YES! YES! YES! Fucking so stoked to catch that Vancouver show! Wow, how unexpected. I will selfishly take this opportunity to also bitch about Epica opening. Seriously, whose wise idea was that? A smaller melodic death metal band would have been perfect, what about some of their Finnish contemporaries like Barren Earth? Oh well, I'm really excited to finally see Insomnium.

I personally think Be'lakor would have been a fine contender, and even more so because of their new album.

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:46 pm 

Sweet! Again, the supporting acts are hit and miss (though I've never head of Destiny Potato before :lol: ), but I'm definitely going to this one. October 25th can't come soon enough...

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:19 pm 

I don't mean to bitch again, but I was just looking at some Insomnium setlists and it seems they straight up don't play anything off their first two albums... which are my favourites :(

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:58 pm 

Nov 11th, what a day. I'm pretty damn sure I have no drill weekend during that time. I would never miss this, but those supporting acts. :ugh:

I will NEVER waste my money sitting through bands I don't want to hear just to hear one of my favorite bands. It isn't worth it. I've done it before, but not through more than 3 bands straight. Top it off with whatever mundane local band that'll get attached to the gig and there's even more of a reason not to go. Shit.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Dettigers
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:14 pm 

Razakel wrote:

Epica is not the opening act. They are the headling act. Insomnium is the support act.

I mean really people it's as fallows Epica is the headliner Alestorm, Insomnium, System Divide, and Destiny Potato are the support acts.

If you don't like Epica then stay for Insomnium then go because it's Epica's headling NA tour for there new CD.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:15 pm 

Eastern Canada and Vancouver aren't the only damn places in Canada.

Garyuu
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:35 pm 

Of course they aren't coming to my area. The bands I like tend to skip my state. If a band does come, I often can't go. Oh well, I still have Iron Maiden in June, which I care most for.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:52 pm 

Conveniently missing Detroit just like everyone else lately.

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:59 pm 

Not surprised by that!

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

tehfoks
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:09 pm 

Garyuu wrote:
Of course they aren't coming to my area. The bands I like tend to skip my state. If a band does come, I often can't go. Oh well, I still have Iron Maiden in June, which I care most for.

Great thing about living in New York: Nobody skips it. :-D

Smalley wrote:
If I wanted a better version of something, I certainly wouldn't want it to start smoking crack, it'd get all fucked up and gross.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:39 pm 

Indecency wrote:

Of course they are...

I like Insomnium, but I'm not going to that tour, I usually don't bother when there's only 1 band I like on a lineup and even more so if they're one of the openers.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

absurder21
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:43 pm 

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSS

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Indecency wrote:

Of course they are...

:fuck: courtesy the Maritimes.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Garyuu
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:10 pm 

tehfoks wrote:
Garyuu wrote:

Great thing about living in New York: Nobody skips it. :-D

I live near Atlanta. I would think that would be a place a band would go if they were going to be in the south east. Noooo, they have to go to Kentucky. What's so great about Kentucky?

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:06 pm 

I'll probably try to go to the Baltimore show, but I've never gotten into Epica (and don't really want to try) and I'm not partial to Alestorm. Man, what an assortment of bands on this tour.

The_Minstrel51
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:17 pm 

Nearest date so far is about an 8-hour drive for me. I want to see Destiny Potato based on their name.

Grimmig
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:18 pm 

I'll hopefully go to the Baltimore show. I don't care about Epica either, but Alestorm seem fun. I'll be living on campus at UMBC by the time this rolls around so it's a lot closer than D.C. will be.

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:01 pm 

Insomnium opening for Epica? WHAT DA FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD? Sure, Simone is hot but her hotness is not enough reason for me to listen Epica's music live

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

Mimogrede
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:37 am 

I saw them with Before The Dawn in november and they were awesome, anyone who has the chanse to see them live, should do so :)

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:12 am 

Razakel wrote:
I don't mean to bitch again, but I was just looking at some Insomnium setlists and it seems they straight up don't play anything off their first two albums... which are my favourites :(

It was probably Ville Vänni that prevented them from rehearsing any variation because he is a busy surgeon. Now that he's quit the band they might be able to shake things up a bit.

LordOminous
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:44 am 

My band (Alestorm) is also doing a few extra off-tour dates with support from Insomnium (no Epica, System Divide, Destiny Carrot). They are as follows:

October 24th - Kingdom - Richmond VA
October 28th - Mavericks - Ottawa ON
November 1st - Broadway Joe's - Buffalo NY

Come to these, please. We'll both have longer sets.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:44 am 

LordOminous wrote:
My band (Alestorm) is also doing a few extra off-tour dates with support from Insomnium (no Epica, System Divide, Destiny Carrot). They are as follows:

Now if you did one of these in Seattle, I would go. I can tolerate you guys and enjoy Insomnium, but those others ruin it.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:09 pm 

I'm shocked at all of the high review scores this band has. It's another one of those riff-less melodeath bands like Amon Amarth. If you can't hear why they're touring with bands like Epica, there's some serious denial going on.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:20 pm 

WaywardSon wrote:
I'm shocked at all of the high review scores this band has. It's another one of those riff-less melodeath bands like Amon Amarth. If you can't hear why they're touring with bands like Epica, there's some serious denial going on.

Our praise is well placed, yours isn't. But no we enjoy this band because we enjoy them. You aren't going to win anyone over to your line of thinking.

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:40 pm 

When did you become illiterate, Ozzy? Like them all you want, I never said no one should. However, all I hear is a bunch of riffless strumming like you hear in a lot of alt. rock bands with some chugging and covered by simple leads. I like some albums like that, like Katatonia's Brave Murder Day. The band just doesn't do anything for me. It's surprising just because it's a heavier version of In Flames more recent stuff that gets shit on.

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:41 pm 

Ah, extra dates. I'd go to Kingdom one in Virginia over the Baltimore date. Especially since ya'll will have a longer set list. I agree with Ozzy, I'm much more inclined to go with just Alestorm and Insomnium playing.

Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:45 pm 

Everyone wants their cake and to eat it too. This is Insomnium we're talking about here. Who the hell cares how shitty the other acts are, it's INSOMNIUM. They never play in North America so this is could be a once in a who-the-fuck-knows-how-long chance, and people are going to pass because they can't tolerate the other bands? Weak.

PeachPit
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:50 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
LordOminous wrote:

Now if you did one of these in Seattle, I would go. I can tolerate you guys and enjoy Insomnium, but those others ruin it.

Holy shit!?! Alestorm and Insomnium doing extended sets in my city? Count me in!

Hit with with a PM if any MA'ers are heading to Ottawa for this.

EDIT: I'll probably being going to the Montreal show too, because its Insomnium and Alestorm haha!

Dettigers
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:52 pm 

I'm going to be the outsider here. I'm a bigger fan of Epica. I would never have checked out Insomnium if not for them going on tour. I have and I enjoy there stuff. It reminds of of Dark Tranquillity and Amon Amarth and I enjoy the music. So count me as a person who wants to see both bands.

~Guest 285672
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:37 pm 

Snowgrave wrote:
Everyone wants their cake and to eat it too. This is Insomnium we're talking about here. Who the hell cares how shitty the other acts are, it's INSOMNIUM. They never play in North America so this is could be a once in a who-the-fuck-knows-how-long chance, and people are going to pass because they can't tolerate the other bands? Weak.

Upon first read, I thought this was a fat joke for Americans. :lol:

But yeah, people are complaining too much. There are a handful of people here that worship Insomnium and can actually call it their favorite band ever. They're not my favorite, but they're pretty damn up there. Also, Epica's new album is good, so they'll be playing that. Two good bands is enough for someone to go. Once again. IT'S FUCKING INSOMNIUM

symbolic1188
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:13 pm 

I find them a bit boring, but good to see them doing well enough to do a US tour. Tough place to do well for heavy bands.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:17 pm 

Insomnium are opening for Epica?! I just threw up in my mouth and spat it all over my computer screen. Seriously, this is almost as bad as when Dark Tranquillity opened for some retarded metalcore band I had never even heard of in 2010. Elitism aside, that's a just a straight up dumb line up.

Corpsey the Clown
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:53 pm 

Well, Insomnium is my favorite MDM band, although that's not saying a ton. Hope they play some stuff off Above the Weeping World. Not sure about the supporting acts, but I have a friend who likes Alestorm. Maybe I'll catch them in St. Paul.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:47 pm 

I haven't listened to Insomnium in days, it would be fun to see them live. It's too early to say if I will be able to make it to the Hollywood date, we'll see what's going on closer to November.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next