Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Umbilical Chain
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:45 pm 

The last set of lyrics you posted remind me so much of Cryptopsy.

There are bits and pieces of it that bring me back to:

White Worms
Crown Of Horns
Orgiastic Disembowelment
The Pestilence That Walketh In Darkness

Was this a kind of throwback thing for you?

Lord Worm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:16 am 

Howdy (yet again).

That last observation is not unfounded, but in a way that might make some of y'all roll your eyes:
for the longest time, we've heard about Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos. What if there were some kind of lyrical Worm mythos? That, then, is what that is. Here's hoping I don't need forgiveness...

Later, folks...

L.W.

MetalMerchant
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:47 am 

I'd like to hear more about that future song, The Sino-American Chainsaw War...

Alvater666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:07 pm 

We will begin to concentrate on this album first......We must keep a bit of "surprise"....

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:36 am 

Amazing how this thread has progressed...had no idea that Lord Worm himself and others were corresponding on here. Got a huge kick out of reading the last few pages...I'm very excited to see whats going to come of this, especially considering that you guys are apparently already working on second and third album material. haha Absolutely astounding....

Anyway, I'm curious, when will we hear something new? When do you guys think the debut will be released?

Alvater666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:07 am 

We are working right now on mixing all together with the drum tracks, in less then a mouth you will be able to listen some songs on myspace....For the released of the album, we really don't know....We trying to have the better label to released it, we hope it will be this summer.

MetalMerchant
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:35 pm 

Awesome! Cannot wait until this album is out... I have been listening to the two tracks on YouTube like mad. This is going to be some really awesome stuff!!! I hope it will be early Summer, so that I can grab it before I leave for boot camp... fingers are crossed.

Alvater666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:42 pm 

Thanks, but the version on youtube, exept for the halloween movie cover, was not put online by one of us, the version sound fuckin bad, even in myspace du to the limited "space", we have put a low quality version.......But its nothing compare to how it sound now with new distorsion and of course with Fredrik on drum.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:18 pm 

So, the final version of the album's gonna have a cleaner sound? Because if so, how clean is it going to be?

Lord Worm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:04 pm 

I know what you mean. If it's all neat and polished and clean and nicey-nicey, it tends to suck the wet end of the old lady. By "clean", I think Alvater means "not as sucky as what you hear now", a comparative clean.
By the end of the week, all 10 songs will have their full complement of guitar tracks - DarkRage picked up a new distortion pedal that has a ripping sound you could perform abortions with. Once we've received all the drum tracks from Mr. Widigs (should be soon - cross your fingers), we'll have to remix everything, optimize sound of everything, you know the drill.

Talk to y'all later...

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:20 pm 

Ah, so we're talking "early Dissection clean" instead of "Necrophagist clean". Great. As said before, I'll eagerly await for the final results. Thanks for passing by, Mr. Greening.

Alvater666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:32 pm 

I don't think i ever said clear.....The sound will be more like 1349 Liberation.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:55 pm 

Nice! I dig the production on that album.

MetalMerchant
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:20 pm 

So, any news incoming? Keeping this topic a priority on the board... many people are stoked for whatever comes our way from Rage Nucléaire!

Alvater666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:05 am 

We still continu the mixing... To much sound possibility, we whant something not to clean, not to noisy, the drum sound is already set, we are trying many guitars possibility......Verry verry soon, we will send 2 songs on myspace....

zzerk
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:19 am 

Alvater666 wrote:
We still continu the mixing... To much sound possibility, we whant something not to clean, not to noisy, the drum sound is already set, we are trying many guitars possibility......Verry verry soon, we will send 2 songs on myspace....

What the fuck is a MySpace? Facebook would be much better for promotion. :-P

garthmargengi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:23 am 

Or a soundcloud, or a bandcamp, it lets you upload on any quality, myspace is shittier than geocities.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 pm 

Lord Worm wrote:
Howdy (yet again).

That last observation is not unfounded, but in a way that might make some of y'all roll your eyes:
for the longest time, we've heard about Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos. What if there were some kind of lyrical Worm mythos? That, then, is what that is. Here's hoping I don't need forgiveness...

Later, folks...

L.W.

If you can write it, I would be very interested.

The last lyric is the best so far.

Alvater
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:56 am 

Heil people......NEW VERSIONS with new sounds and with Fredrik on drum ,of the 2 same songs is now on myspace.....Go listen and give us feed back....Keep in mind that is not mastered yet....and its "Myspace" sound quality.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:06 pm 

Thanks man! Here's the page link for lazy people: http://www.myspace.com/ragenucleaire

Violence Is Golden sounds quite incredible. The riffs are excellent, the passion is palpable and Lord Worm's trademark voice comes out excellently. I would've liked to hear the guitars better, but I trust that's something you will take care of when it's mastered.

garthmargengi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:14 pm 

Why don't you use use another site like soundcloud or bandcamp to upload the stuff? Everything's better than myspace.

Regarding the sound there's a lot of stuff I don't like, but being that this isn't mastered why even bring it out if it's not a finished product. The music is great though.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:00 pm 

sounds great to me!

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Aatxe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:40 pm 

Sorry, it sounds so incredibly... bland.

My problems are mostly with the drums: bland blasting, bad production and triggerish sound of the bass drums. No interesting fills patterns or anything 'intense' for the matter. Just same old same old... Might as well used a drum computer and go nuts.
The riffs are okay, not great but okay. The individual riffs are good, but they are overused and don't seam (spelling?) very well. The song feels as if it consists of three concrete blocks with glue in between. No solos, breakdowns, upbeat sections or anything remarkable.
Vocals ... meh, I much prefer the lower style of Worm. I guess they are passable (though a monotonous, screechy voice is hard to get away with for an entire album long).
Song length: actual body of the song was about a minute and a half. Intro was a tad long winded (unless this is the first song, of course) and the alarm sound was kinda stereotypical. I think another song is meant to roll after that sound?

Bass?

I guess I could tolerate songs like this on the background, but it bores me when I actually listen to it. Not hating, just criticizing. Though I'm sure that the cultus of Lord Worm here will raise the average score by at least 15%, musically it is unremarkable. There is nothing that makes me want to go back to it, nor something that I could vividly remember. That's what will keep this album from rising above mediocrity.

Edit: MySpace sound or stream doesn't mask the whole composition and the direction this is being taken. Unless you actually want to go with a dirtier production, fitting for death metal, or crispier production, fitting for blackened death metal, it just doesn't sound right. By 'equalizing' all instruments (except the poor bass) you are actually hurting them all.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:50 pm 

I dig. Neat stuff.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:37 pm 

I am liking these. It's definitely an old-school style of songwriting, but the production thus far (looking at the drums and vocals, mainly) definitely sound more modern, which I actually really enjoy. Those vocals are particularly killer, for sure. We could definitely use more guitar volume... but hey, it's unmastered, so I'm sure that'll get fixed right up!

It may not reinvent the wheel, and it may not be completely mindblowing, but the material is SOLID FUCKING QUALITY. So I am pleased.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:02 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Thanks man! Here's the page link for lazy people: http://www.myspace.com/ragenucleaire

Violence Is Golden sounds quite incredible. The riffs are excellent, the passion is palpable and Lord Worm's trademark voice comes out excellently. I would've liked to hear the guitars better, but I trust that's something you will take care of when it's mastered.

That was actually... interesting! Talk about a good surprise. I agree with your thoughts, except that I think it's the bass which needs a few nods up as opposed to the guitars which actually kind of feel good in that "mix". Also the cymbals are barely heard and that as well could be upped a notch. The songs remind me a bit of 1349 or Immortal, but with a different feel, and the vocals are certainly very fitting.

OK, so now I actually want to listen to their full body of work. It may go either way still, but it has appealed to me enough to arouse my curiosity. Good job guys, keep us posted! ;)

altered_vlad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:01 pm 

can someone upload the songs somewhere else? I'm having trouble playing them at shitspace

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:14 pm 

Fuck, these new mixes will live drumming sound pretty good! Really looking forward to the full album.

Alvater
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:29 am 

Good news....We have received a nice record deal, with a well knowned company.....We are examining this....But 99% sure we will sign it.....Tell you more this weeks.......

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:19 pm 

Good to hear, I was kind of surprised you guys didn't get snapped up by someone straight away, quite a few things coming together there, good music, high profile member etc, seems to me to be the sort of things labels would go for.

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:27 am 

I enjoyed "Violence is Golden" and "The Sorrow Children at Mourningside" quite much. Can't wait for the new release. I know it will exceed all my expectations.

CoF
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:50 pm 

So, these guys got signed to Season Of Mist - that comes as a pleasant surprise to me, SoM is certainly one of my favorite labels.

Here's the news: http://www.season-of-mist.com/news/rage ... 2012-06-26

Alvater 666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:17 pm 

Wow, you are quite fast on news....Season of mist just annouced it a couple of hours ago..
We are verry proud to be part of season of mist...Album will be released this falls, an official date will be revealed soon.
Now with a real drummer, forgot the "violent industrial" element...It just brutal and feeling black metal....Really post apocalyptic feeling...

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:39 pm 

Awesome news, I'm excited to hear how this sounds with a real drummer. Season of Mist has been putting out a lot of great stuff recently.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:45 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Awesome news, I'm excited to hear how this sounds with a real drummer.

The two tracks on myspace have real drums on them now, and they sound pretty good!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:22 pm 

The good news to retain from this is that I'm going to get a promo of the album, muah ah ah! Looking forward to it.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:52 pm 

CorpseFister wrote:
Zodijackyl wrote:
Awesome news, I'm excited to hear how this sounds with a real drummer.

The two tracks on myspace have real drums on them now, and they sound pretty good!

I listened after posting and they sound good. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Legions
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:12 pm 

Good news, Season of Mist was probably the best possible choice for that kind of stuff. I'm looking forward to it.

odinofasgard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:17 pm 

Can't picture Lord Worm playing anything but death metal, I'm still excited to hear this though. I guess he's a teacher too, some lucky kids are gonna be able to say that Lord Worm was their teacher lol.

amitoz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:47 am 

yesssss.. great label choice, so looking forward to the album

Line 6 Spider 4

http://www.last.fm/user/amitoj84

"died for me well too bad i dont believe"

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next