Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MeatWolf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:44 pm 

The title pretty much says it all. The point is: most of the lyrics added prior to the relase date are "caught" by ear and in >90% cases they are highly inaccurate. Then, instead of someone grabbing his booklet and entering all the correct lyrics people get lazy to send reports, the lyrics stay unchanged and wrong most of the time, without the majority of the listeners even knowing them being wrong. I think getting a higher chance to obtain a correct info a few days/weeks later is a much better option than getting early, rough and wrong info instead.

It's just a rought idea (i.e. I don't know what about those albums without the release date ever confirmed, maybe they still should be open for editing just like everything with empty lyrics field is now, etc) but maybe someone from the staff will find it worth attention. Or maybe there's something important I'm missing which makes this inappropriate.

Best regards

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 pm 

In my opinion, you either add correct lyrics or no lyrics.

Sciera
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:13 pm 

I think this is a really good idea.
At least low ranked members shouldn't be allowed to add lyrics before the release date.

@HouseSpiders: It would be good if you were right but sadly the internet (and partly also MA) is full of wrong lyrics.

Reply to topic