Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:15 pm 

I've never seen a copy of Holocaust's magnificent Hypnosis of Birds. Anyone know what this one's worth?

peterott
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:18 am 

swedeath666 wrote:
V/A - Live Fran Musikhuset /PEXILATED-FULMINATION-S.G.R-GREEDKICK/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU KNOW THIS GEM??????

CD? Or tape? Do you have a picture of it?

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:18 pm 

I just picked up a copy of Obituary's Slowly we rot for 4$. It is the original road runner/road racer pressing with a letter about joing the death metal lp collecting fan club . It is in good condition but not perfect, the vinyl itself plays perfect though. wondering what this might be worth. tried lookin on ebay etc and couldnt find one like it.

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:02 pm 

primitivevoid wrote:
I just picked up a copy of Obituary's Slowly we rot for 4$. It is the original road runner/road racer pressing with a letter about joing the death metal lp collecting fan club . It is in good condition but not perfect, the vinyl itself plays perfect though. wondering what this might be worth. tried lookin on ebay etc and couldnt find one like it.

I'd say a good condition version of this vinyl is worth about $40.00. This is going on the average value on eBay they pop up rather a lot. They also had a misspressed release of this vinyl with the labels having the wrong title which is much rarer as it was re-called fast.

Vampallens
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:02 am 

peterott wrote:
swedeath666 wrote:
V/A - Live Fran Musikhuset /PEXILATED-FULMINATION-S.G.R-GREEDKICK/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU KNOW THIS GEM??????

http://www.ebay.it/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... true&rt=nc

don't see this for a fuck! :(

swedeath666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:44 pm 

HELLCOME!
I NEVER SEE THIS CD ....
BUT EXIST ON CD WITH GREAT HORD FULMINATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND GREEDKICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PETER YOU HAVE THIS CD????

Morfiend
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:24 pm 

Haha, great thread.

peterott
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:14 am 

Vampallens wrote:
peterott wrote:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... true&rt=nc

don't see this for a fuck! :(

fuck.

swedeath666: no, I don't have this CD. Didn't know until now that it even exists.

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:24 pm 

Does anybody know what a copy of Abigor's "Structures of Immortality" 7" EP is worth? I was on a big completionist kick and bought it a long time ago. I'm doing some thinning out and curious what I could get for it since I can't find one that's been sold on eBay recently.

MetalRulesTheNight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:44 am 

SORORICIDΕ - THE ENTITY
Anyone can tell if this is the real thing or a boot?
Sold yesterday for $1450!

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:12 pm 

Paying $1450 for that is just fucking stupid, bootleg or not.

Vampallens
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:51 pm 

Numerator_41 wrote:

I totally agree with you, it seems to be the real deal indeed.
Personally, The Entity is quite boring, Sororicide digs much more on the 2 split.

carnival_corpse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:53 pm 

MetalRulesTheNight wrote:
SORORICIDΕ - THE ENTITY
Anyone can tell if this is the real thing or a boot?
Sold yesterday for $1450!

Yes, its the real thing. I was surprised when I saw this one listed, specially because it was in my country Puerto Rico, just a few minutes away from my town. I contacted the guy and told me that he had it for several years, so Im 100% sure its the real thing. I tried to strike a deal before the end of the auction but could not reach an agreement, so I let it go. I even offered him a collection of 800 power metal CD's I have been slowly selling, but he said he needed the cash right away.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:33 am 

Vampallens wrote:
Numerator_41 wrote:

I totally agree with you, it seems to be the real deal indeed.
Personally, The Entity is quite boring, Sororicide digs much more on the 2 split.

My thoughts exactly! And the mix on The Entity is ridiculously low.

KE3useer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:17 am 

Got meself a nice original copy of Mercyful Fate's Melissa on vinyl for $30. I'm kind of proud of that.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:59 pm 

Is it me or every damn Protector album has been bootlegged by Russian blokes? I've found loads of copies of them on Ebay and Discogs, stating they're reissues, although I can't actually find any info about reissues. Plus all sellers who have copies of such albums are from Russia.

Bastards... :p

Daemonlord
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:21 am 

androdion wrote:
Is it me or every damn Protector album has been bootlegged by Russian blokes? I've found loads of copies of them on Ebay and Discogs, stating they're reissues, although I can't actually find any info about reissues. Plus all sellers who have copies of such albums are from Russia.

Bastards... :p

Yep, seems all the Protector stuff has been bootlegged now - though if you request the matrix, the boots are usually just the 'album title' or some other retarded shit. Pretty sure whoever bootlegged them also bootlegged the early Accuser, Hexenhaus & out of print Razor albums too, just because there are certain sellers primarily selling those titles cheaply on ebay and amazon uk.

https://www.instagram.com/daemonlord_ig/

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:50 am 

Daemonlord, your blog rocks.

Edit: nice to see some stuff I also own in the original releases and that usually don't show too often or are forgotten, e.g., Order From Chaos, Hail, Caducity, Grotesque, Coercion, Supuration or Sigh - Infidel Art, mine sadly also has the sun burned spine.

Daemonlord
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:47 am 

japc wrote:
Daemonlord, your blog rocks.

Edit: nice to see some stuff I also own in the original releases and that usually don't show too often or are forgotten, e.g., Order From Chaos, Hail, Caducity, Grotesque, Coercion, Supuration or Sigh - Infidel Art, mine sadly also has the sun burned spine.

Cheers man! Good to see there are similar individuals out there who share my obsession! As it goes, I sold that copy of Sigh for that exact reason, as I'd re-bought it from a 2nd hand shop after stumbling across a cheap copy with a perfect spine. Pretty anal huh? I don't know... these fucking collectors.... :nono: :-)

Keep watching, loads more shit to be added on my blog in the coming weeks.

https://www.instagram.com/daemonlord_ig/

Rotting_Christ_Mike
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:43 pm 

The Grey and The White as well as the pic-LP split with Nest by Agalloch all go for insane prices. The split ranges between 40 euros and 76 euros (100 bucks!). I can see 2 copies of The Grey[i] each for 160 euros (210 bucks). The White starts from 74 euros ($98) and goes for as much as 91 euros ($120). Agalloch fanboys have gone nuts! I mean the music on The White is really good, and the split is decent, but the physical versions should have definitely not have had such a high value. They are simply not worth that much. Some people are just taking advantage of the band's popularity and give these releases unrealistic prices which everyone has come to consider normal.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:20 pm 

Rotting_Christ_Mike wrote:
The Grey and The White as well as the pic-LP split with Nest by Agalloch all go for insane prices. The split ranges between 40 euros and 76 euros (100 bucks!). I can see 2 copies of The Grey[i] each for 160 euros (210 bucks). The White starts from 74 euros ($98) and goes for as much as 91 euros ($120). Agalloch fanboys have gone nuts! I mean the music on The White is really good, and the split is decent, but the physical versions should have definitely not have had such a high value. They are simply not worth that much. Some people are just taking advantage of the band's popularity and give these releases unrealistic prices which everyone has come to consider normal.

Yep. I recently sold my extra copy of the Whitedivisiongrey 2CD digibook for a whopping 90 bucks even though the band was still selling them for 25 dollars a piece. :lol:

So, how about Gammacide's Victims of Science on CD? Does anyone know what the 2006 Marquee issue is worth compared to the self-released Gamma Records release of 2005? Any price points on either?

DestruicaoMetalica
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:46 pm 

Metal_Detector wrote:
So, how about Gammacide's Victims of Science on CD? Does anyone know what the 2006 Marquee issue is worth compared to the self-released Gamma Records release of 2005? Any price points on either?

I'm a lucky bastard and happened upon the Gamma one for $12, but I've seen either press go for at least $30-40. It seems like South American presses are sometimes price discriminated and the self released one probably had less copies than one released on an actual label, so I have a feeling the Gamma one is more valuable. Anyone know the pressing info for them? That would probably help in figuring out a value. I'm curious too because I always like to know how much my stuff is worth.

Barbecuetioner
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:19 pm 

DestruicaoMetalica wrote:
Metal_Detector wrote:

I'm a lucky bastard and happened upon the Gamma one for $12, but I've seen either press go for at least $30-40. It seems like South American presses are sometimes price discriminated and the self released one probably had less copies than one released on an actual label, so I have a feeling the Gamma one is more valuable. Anyone know the pressing info for them? That would probably help in figuring out a value. I'm curious too because I always like to know how much my stuff is worth.

i'm not sure what press it was but i saw one go off about a month ago for around $100

MetalRulesTheNight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:55 pm 

Gammacide - Victims of Science MARQUEE RECORDS £32
Gammacide - Victims of Science Gamma Records $99.99
Gammacide - Victims of Science Gamma Records $100

:thumbsup:

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:04 pm 

And these are the reissues...

Just out of curiosity, how about the value for the original Wild Rags edition?

Rotting_Christ_Mike
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:23 pm 

Metal_Detector wrote:
Rotting_Christ_Mike wrote:

Yep. I recently sold my extra copy of the Whitedivisiongrey 2CD digibook for a whopping 90 bucks even though the band was still selling them for 25 dollars a piece. :lol:

That's what doing no research at all before buying means. :-P You are one lucky fucker though!

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:52 pm 

androdion wrote:

And these are the reissues...

The gamma records is the first cd pressing, there is no wild rags version on cd, only vinyl and tape. 1000 copies of the gamma records version were made.

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:54 pm 

I'm thinking about parting with my copy of Ulver's Shadows of the Sun on vinyl. It's white, I believe there were either 100 or 200 made. Any ideas on value?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:33 pm 

slayerhatesusall wrote:
androdion wrote:

The gamma records is the first cd pressing, there is no wild rags version on cd, only vinyl and tape. 1000 copies of the gamma records version were made.

:facepalm:

Always learning I guess. Now those prices make much more sense.

totengraeber
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:04 am 

I tried to sell the LP version of Daudi Baldrs (no tarot cards, LP in black slipcase, booklet but no outer cover - that's how I bought it back in 1997) on ebay.
Ebay stopped the auction as they sometimes do with Burzum stuff and now I'm wondering where to sell it. How much would the LP be worth (booklet has some tiny pinholes as it has been hung on the wall)?
Thanks in advance...

Rotting_Christ_Mike
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:00 am 

totengraeber wrote:
I tried to sell the LP version of Daudi Baldrs (no tarot cards, LP in black slipcase, booklet but no outer cover - that's how I bought it back in 1997) on ebay.
Ebay stopped the auction as they sometimes do with Burzum stuff and now I'm wondering where to sell it. How much would the LP be worth (booklet has some tiny pinholes as it has been hung on the wall)?
Thanks in advance...

In that case, do you have any options which would allow you to relist it on there? Never happened to me before, so I wouldn't know. I'm not sure about its worth, but you should try selling it on discogs. Leave the option of an offer, so you'll get some offers from users on there. There's one listed on there, without the cards or the outer cover for $50.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:38 pm 

How much can I get from this one?

Barbecuetioner
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:55 am 

Metallica No Life Til Metal demo just went for $920!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... true&rt=nc

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:59 pm 

Kveldulfr wrote:
How much can I get from this one?

Not a lot it seems. http://www.discogs.com/Exhumed-Gore-Met ... se/3409252

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:56 pm 

WHITE ZOMBIE LIVE IN LJUBLJANA cassette only $829.99 usd... :thumbsup:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310306469420

Rotting_Christ_Mike
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:09 am 

dreadmeat wrote:

Crazy, crazy people...

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:20 am 

dreadmeat wrote:

Insane seller. Btw, that a Buy It Now, bet no one will bite.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:12 pm 

finest quality TDK, i wonder how many exist?

DestruicaoMetalica
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:05 pm 

Not exactly a high price kinda thing, but does anyone know where I could get the Santa Lucia - Arktista Hysteriaa album (Not Amazon MP3)? It was just re released last year, yet I can't find it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Messiah_X
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:51 am 

Metal_Detector wrote:
I've never seen a copy of Holocaust's magnificent Hypnosis of Birds. Anyone know what this one's worth?

Not sure about the LP (not even sure there is one), but I got a copy of Hypnosis of Birds on CD from ebay for $50

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 82  Next