Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:20 am 

Well, the well written ones will be hilarious.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:31 am 

Haha, fair enough.

I remember buying a Soulfly album as a eleven year old, and that remix of "Our Tribe" or whatever made me stoookkkkkeeeddd

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:13 pm 

My first Soulfly album was the first Soulfly album, which I got at a fleamarket type of place from this guy that has all sorts of CDs (it's where I got my first metal CDs which included Moonspell, King Diamond, Amorphis and Cannibal Corpse). I got it because I was planning to see them in 2006 up in Allentown, and I was going to that show because Thine Eyes Bleed was opening, and I wanted to see Thine Eyes Bleed because they were opening for Slayer in June for the Unholy Alliance Tour that I had just received tickets for.

It was the Dark Ages tour, so there was already quite a few differences between what the first album sounded like and what Soulfly played. It was a good show and I got to hang with Justin of Thine Eyes Bleed. At Unholy Alliance I wore the Thine Eyes Bleed shirt to the concert since I always make an effort to show support to the openers, and Justin spotted me in the pit and threw me the horns.

I did see Soulfly a second time because Ninetail, a local band I'm good friends with, were opening for them. I think Bleed The Sky too, who played in the area several times before but it's been so long I don't quite remember. This was probably in early 2007 or so. Also in Allentown, and I left early because I was dead tired. This was still before Conquer, so I'm actually quite stoked to see Soulfly this month at Reverb. I anticipate their show will be far better than the first two times I saw them, since Dark Ages is a 'meh' album at best, but Conquer and Enslaved kick ass and Omen ain't too shabby either. I just hope they play Touching the Void, it's Soulfly doing doom metal!

I'm going to see Kittie tonight. The irony? Last time I went to see Kittie I left before they started. Again because I was tired and only went for an opener. I think it was a school night too.

Although I did see Soilwork on a Monday and had an 8 AM class the next day. Went into class that morning with a Monster energy in each hand ... like a boss.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:32 pm 

So Goat, has the band paid you royalties yet for representing them on here?
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:18 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
So Goat, has the band paid you royalties yet for representing them on here?

Yeah, got more cannabis than a medicinal marijuana dispensary coming my way! HAH!

Now I can finally listen to Electric Wizard the right way!

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Ritual_Suicide
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:56 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Fred_Durst/418893

:gay:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:39 am 

C'mon Goat! I Just read (Why was band x rejected?) in it's entirety last night and now know your whole crusade going back the last two years. Now that your campaign has been a success, any thoughts or comments? The people want to know!
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

_MachineGodMessiah_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:57 am 

Oh GOODY I can't wait to read every single infatuated review on Soulfly's band page! :-D

Ritual_Suicide wrote:

What, no sarcastic edge at all present in the description of the king of Fred Durst Syndrome?? This page is surprisingly clean! :lol:

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:03 pm 

This is Encyclopaedia Metallum, not Encyclopaedia Dramatica.

altered_vlad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:32 pm 

Ritual_Suicide wrote:

*adds Goatfangs to foes list* :fuck:

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:30 pm 

_MachineGodMessiah_ wrote:
Oh GOODY I can't wait to read every single infatuated review on Soulfly's band page! :-D

Ritual_Suicide wrote:

What, no sarcastic edge at all present in the description of the king of Fred Durst Syndrome?? This page is surprisingly clean! :lol:

His jumpthefuckup picture isn't even covered with badly drawn penises!

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:15 am 

Ritual_Suicide wrote:

Shit, now I have to revamp my future "Royal Seal Of Gayness" series to include that outright gayest thing to make it onto the archives. I think Durst's participation on said album will win the Top slot on the "Sped Class" edition by about 3 billion astronomical units.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

motorsport
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:05 am 

I wanted to write a review for Jumpdafuckup, but then I realized it would be terrible and nobody would like it. :(

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:46 am 

hells_unicorn wrote:
Ritual_Suicide wrote:

Shit, now I have to revamp my future "Royal Seal Of Gayness" series to include that outright gayest thing to make it onto the archives. I think Durst's participation on said album will win the Top slot on the "Sped Class" edition by about 3 billion astronomical units.

Do it. God fucking dammit do it. I reviewed the debut self-titled of Soulfly and Bleed made my ears bleed. Maybe even the score I gave it, 44, was too lenient....

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:20 pm 

motorsport wrote:
I wanted to write a review for Jumpdafuckup, but then I realized it would be terrible and nobody would like it. :(

The review or the song?

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:28 pm 

I think he is referring to his review if he were to write it.

Motorsport, you got to believe in yourself. You can certainly conquer Jumpdafuckup, make it witty but descriptive and certainly damning of its terrible quality.

If you are worried about grammar issues, PM me and I'll see what I can do to help.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:31 pm 

I think I might actually write a positive review for "Jumpdafuckup". :gay:

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:37 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
I think I might actually write a positive review for "Jumpdafuckup". :gay:

Hey, I won't judge.

:p

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:30 am 

Someone, somewhere in time will write that review, hopefully soon.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:20 pm 

_MachineGodMessiah_ wrote:
Ritual_Suicide wrote:

And why shouldn't it be? :roll:

Stuff for sale on Discogs

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:43 pm 

because the mods are babies who hate change and differences.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:24 am 

Ah, right. Those guys. Yuck.

Stuff for sale on Discogs

FASHIONME
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:22 am 

A user called Doomsday modified the name of one Soulfly member on the line up and on some releases (3, Downstroy, Seek n Strike, Primitive, Tracks from the Primitive, Jumdafuckup, Son Song, etc) . On all those releases he is credited as Mikey Doling and not Mike Doling as Doomsday updated yesterday. This seems to be point-whoring abuse. If you need proofs, I can send images of the booklets or back artworks with the line up. I do own all these CDs and cassettes.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:31 am 

And you're posting about that here? You should use the report function or contact Doomsday directly.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:21 am 

Don't bother. :roll: Doomsday is a mod - I doubt point-whoring would ever be his intention.

Last edited by MalignantThrone on Thu May 10, 2012 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:47 am 

Looks to me he changed "Mikey" to "Mike" because the former is a nickname, not Mike Doling's real name.

Might as well keep this topic on topic though and say how Soulfly performed live on the 29th...

It was a good show. The openers were good, many of them good friends of mine - 20Til8, Ninetail, Dawn of Apollyon. Wykked Wytch sounded a bit... weird. It didn't interest me. Lody Kong was one of those bands where I was "Why the hell are they on this tour?"... but it was later on that I realized that the frontman for Lody Kong is Igor Cavalera jr.
Incite was alright, but still not my cup of tea.
Soulfly played a lot of new songs, like I was hoping for, but no Touching the Void. A couple Sepultura songs - Refuse/Resist and Roots - were played. They focused a lot on their latest album, understandable, with sparse tracks from Conquer/Omen, at least one from Dark Ages and a couple from Prophecy (Prophecy and Porrada). They only did the intro to Jumpdafuckup, probably because the longtime Soulfly fans love to mosh and go batshit during that riff. At least it wasn't the whole song. The old Soulfly songs they played in full weren't that bad though. For Tribe, Max brought out what I believe is a berimbu, some sort of one string instrument. Back to the Primitive was okay, got the batshit people moshing though. My favorite part of Soulfly's set was when there were four Cavaleras on stage - Zyon on drums, Igor jr. and Richie on backup vocals and Max Cavalera fronting the whole ordeal for the song Revengeance. Max Cavalera also came out in a Reading Royals hockey jersey ... which is awesome because that's the local ECHL hockey team in town.

TheLastSucker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:13 pm 

Is this album anything like Dark Ages?

Last edited by TheLastSucker on Mon May 14, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:16 pm 

Goatfangs wrote:
Looks to me he changed "Mikey" to "Mike" because the former is a nickname, not Mike Doling's real name.

They're both nicknames.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5