Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ghost223
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:45 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Literally the worst cover and title of all time. Never been a worse thing.

The songs themselves are mostly boring, production is awful.

Overstatement of the year.

I like what I've heard of it so far, which is much better than what they've put out in the past.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:28 pm 

Dude....overstatement? No way. It's called "Demonocracy". THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING EVER. It's so horribly cliched and trite, and attempting to be challenging to a system but it ends up coming off like a pop-punk band funded by their parents Benz business. It's the worst name....ever. It reeks of a complete lack of thought, and you know they think it's cool to do, otherwise they wouldn't put it out to the world.

That's the worst part about it. Someone in that band wrote lyrics and that title and said

"oh man, this is so cool, and it's gonna open people's eyes man....see we have democracy....but it's like bad right? How do I make that evident and edgy?

DUDE, DEMONOCRACY! OH YES!"

That's what happened....and then this happened.

"What about the cover? We need something that really pushes the envelop man, something no one has ever done...

Oh, I got it, how about the statue of liberty, but instead of being a woman, it's like distorted, and the scales of justice are all like dead birds, and money, and shit like that. OH OH and she's got horns! Get it? Cause Lady Liberty is a demon?!?! OH IT FITS SO WELL WITH OUR TITLE!"

-bro fists all around-

Hence, the most hackneyed and idiotic political statement ever comes about. Yet, they manage to make it worse by having awful songs and terrible production.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:41 pm 

We should be best friends, you faggot.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:44 pm 

:lol: It is a pretty bad cover. I equated it to a lame game cutscene by Westwood back in the '90s. Poor graphics, one, halfway interesting concept, two, boring-as-hell execution, three. This isn't the type of band to pull this off. I remember the Amazon homies hopping on Doom back in 2004/2005. These guys have come a long way since then (saaaaaaaarrcccaaaaaasssssssm).
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:52 pm 

I love it and I don't give a fack what other people say. People are stupid and still think Job for a Cowboy is still a Deathcore band. I won't acknowledge these people until they get their head out of their ass and present a real argument other then "Genericore" or "This is bad".

Saw these guys at Metal Alliance on the 19th and they kicked ass. They had the biggest mosh pit and they were the only band to have security guards (2) guard the stage. I bought myself a zip up with the demonocracy art on the back because the art is awesome.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:06 pm 

Job for a Cowboy is bad. They are generic.These are the only reasons one needs. You want more arguments? How about the watered down tech-death riffs, the painfully abysmal vocals, the complete lack of any poetic and lyrical originality,and the lack of any artistic vision.

They literally get by on doing the bare minimum. No surprise they are popular. They make pop music.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

enigmatech
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:56 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
They make pop music.

:roll: Typical.

StevenWright
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:58 pm 

Indecency wrote:
I love it and I don't give a fack what other people say. People are stupid and still think Job for a Cowboy is still a Deathcore band. I won't acknowledge these people until they get their head out of their ass and present a real argument other then "Genericore" or "This is bad".

Saw these guys at Metal Alliance on the 19th and they kicked ass. They had the biggest mosh pit and they were the only band to have security guards (2) guard the stage. I bought myself a zip up with the demonocracy art on the back because the art is awesome.

Lol I like how you showcase your ignorance and stupidity

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:00 pm 

Threads about bands that are universally considered shitty always devolve into this.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

motorsport
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:46 pm 

Honestly, that production is worse than World Painted Blood and Death Magnetic.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:02 pm 

lol no. Demonocracy isn't brickwalled like WPB and Death Magnetic.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:07 pm 

enigmatech wrote:
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
They make pop music.

:roll: Typical.

I don't agree with the frog very often, but I think he's right on this one. I mean, I see Jobforacowboy shirts in popular gift shops and I see their shirts worn by kids more often than just about anything else (and that's impressive considering I am back in my small home town). It strikes me that they are hugely popular, and by the broad definition that is pop music I would say that they are indeed that (which also does not necessarily mean they are a bad band).They do strike me as quite generic sounding with nothing that stands out though so hey to each their own.

TheIbexMoon666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:39 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
"What about the cover? We need something that really pushes the envelop man, something no one has ever done...

Oh, I got it, how about the statue of liberty, but instead of being a woman, it's like distorted, and the scales of justice are all like dead birds, and money, and shit like that. OH OH and she's got horns! Get it? Cause Lady Liberty is a demon?!?! OH IT FITS SO WELL WITH OUR TITLE!"

-bro fists all around-

Hence, the most hackneyed and idiotic political statement ever comes about. Yet, they manage to make it worse by having awful songs and terrible production.

Every Job For A Cowboy cover has their own 'Eddie' type character. Its the goat horned figure. On every Album cover, of every release they have, he is on there in one form or another. This time it is Lady Liberty. I would assume that every cover has the goat figure in some form relating to the concept or story of the record. At the very least, behind a story of one of their songs on that particular record.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:06 pm 

StevenWright wrote:
Indecency wrote:

Lol I like how you showcase your ignorance and stupidity

You really know how to present a clear, well thought out argument.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:12 pm 

Just ignore him. He's a moron who's been banned at least once before for pulling the same "lol u butthurt u mad u buttmad lol" shtick on everyone.

Last edited by MalignantThrone on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:13 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Just ignore StevenWright. He's a moron who's been banned at least once before for pulling the same "lol u butthurt u mad u buttmad lol" shtick on everyone.

Surely not for posting pictures of dildos.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:54 pm 

I've never paid much attention to this band, but that song wasn't that bad really.

That cover and album title though... :ugh:

last.fm

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:04 pm 

Veracs wrote:
MalignantThrone wrote:
Just ignore StevenWright. He's a moron who's been banned at least once before for pulling the same "lol u butthurt u mad u buttmad lol" shtick on everyone.

Surely not for posting pictures of dildos.

Let's get back on track. Malignant was banned for this but he's much better now, he's a role model for rebel/troll posters! StevenWright was just exiled to the Douchebag paradise, so let's leave the idiocy behind, shall we?

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

necrofago6666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:13 am 

This band is as feminine as it gets..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-x95Q0SJfY

Seriously, these guys ain't good at any genre they try, they were a deathcore band when deathcore was "popular" and a "hot topic" and then changed to death metal when deathcore's fame started to go down, i wonder what will be the next "hot topic" extreme genre they'll try to jump on to.

The members of this band looked like your typical thin suicidal 14 year old emo kid on 2005 and now they wanna look like metalheads?

Present

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:00 pm 

That's a very sexy lineup change.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that the members have always been metal fans at heart, as is the case with a lot of early deathcore bands. There are pictures of Jonny Davy wearing shirts of bands like Deicide. JFAC covered an Exhumed song. Hell, Carnifex's vocalist likes Woods of Ypres. Call them scene faggots if you so desire, but I believe most ex-deathcore bands' motives to change their sound were rooted in a pesonal desire for their music to evolve, not to pander to a crowd.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:05 pm 

necrofago6666 wrote:

What am I doing in that picture on the left?
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:21 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
That's a very sexy lineup change.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that the members have always been metal fans at heart, as is the case with a lot of early deathcore bands. There are pictures of Jonny Davy wearing shirts of bands like Deicide. JFAC covered an Exhumed song. Hell, Carnifex's vocalist likes Woods of Ypres. Call them scene faggots if you so desire, but I believe most ex-deathcore bands' motives to change their sound were rooted in a pesonal desire for their music to evolve, not to pander to a crowd.

Which inevitably results in their music making a change for the most generic watered-down version of the original thing.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

TheIbexMoon666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:21 pm 

Just checked the mail. Got Demonocracy along with Celebration For the Love Of Satan by Satan's Host. Im gonna listen and digest this one before I judge it.

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:24 pm 

necrofago6666 wrote:
Seriously, these guys ain't good at any genre they try, they were a deathcore band when deathcore was "popular" and a "hot topic" and then changed to death metal when deathcore's fame started to go down, i wonder what will be the next "hot topic" extreme genre they'll try to jump on to.

Except that deathcore is not at all declining in popularity, and is increasing if anything (based on album sales in 2011 and 2012-most major deathcore bands that released albums last year and the first 3 months of this year had their highest first week sales). JFAC would probably be much more popular if they had stuck to deathcore. Changing from deathcore to death metal is pretty much the opposite of trend hopping.

necrofago6666 wrote:
Present

Nice.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:12 pm 

Indecency wrote:

I just cannot agree with you at all here. People have presented arguments for why they don't like them and I haven't heard anyone call them Deathcore in years. Sure you get the people who just say it sucks without presenting an argument but don't try to argue that is all there is from the so called haters.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:24 pm 

No argument will ever be good enough for folks like Indecency. I guess anyone who doesn't like them's opinion is automatically invalid...

Here's an argument for you: it's bad because it's boring. Not the worst thing ever I guess but way too processed sounding and just goes on too long, even only at 4 minutes or so. It got old really fast, just like everything else I've heard from them.

havoc00
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:45 pm 

This band is so boring, yawn

Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:06 pm 

Sometimes folks on this board amaze me. They'll spend all their time bitching about deathcore and its popularity, expressing disdain for the musical tastes of today's youth. Then, when a flagship band evolves, they go on about how shitty the change is. If you didn't like the band to begin with, why bother keeping on about how shit they are? At least they're actually opening up many of those core fans you hate so much to some real metal. I guess some people would just rather grumble on than discuss or debate.

As for the new album, I listened to the stream. It's okay, nothing new. Children of Deceit and Nourishment Through Bloodshed are decent songs. Don't see any of the production issues noted by others, personally. About the same as on Gloom it seems.

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:07 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
Indecency wrote:

I just cannot agree with you at all here. People have presented arguments for why they don't like them and I haven't heard anyone call them Deathcore in years. Sure you get the people who just say it sucks without presenting an argument but don't try to argue that is all there is from the so called haters.

I wasn't talking about everyone, just some choice people.

Empyreal wrote:
No argument will ever be good enough for folks like Indecency. I guess anyone who doesn't like them's opinion is automatically invalid...

Here's an argument for you: it's bad because it's boring. Not the worst thing ever I guess but way too processed sounding and just goes on too long, even only at 4 minutes or so. It got old really fast, just like everything else I've heard from them.

See above. If you think they're boring, that's just your tastes. If you think they're generic or -core, you're high. But you didn't say that, so I'm not complaining.

Pale_Pilgrim wrote:
Sometimes folks on this board amaze me. They'll spend all their time bitching about deathcore and its popularity, expressing disdain for the musical tastes of today's youth. Then, when a flagship band evolves, they go on about how shitty the change is. If you didn't like the band to begin with, why bother keeping on about how shit they are? At least they're actually opening up many of those core fans you hate so much to some real metal. I guess some people would just rather grumble on than discuss or debate.

As for the new album, I listened to the stream. It's okay, nothing new. Children of Deceit and Nourishment Through Bloodshed are decent songs. Don't see any of the production issues noted by others, personally. About the same as on Gloom it seems.

If a band changes, people complain about how they got worse. If they stay the same, people complain about how they're so unoriginal. People need to just chill, relax, listen to the music, and stop being so critical.

Also, for those on the fence, try this song, it's one of the more energetic ones. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYAnvJO5U-Q If you didn't like any of the other songs though, this probably won't change your mind.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:08 pm 

Pale_Pilgrim wrote:

We do the same for other well known bands, regardless if they were deathcore to begin with or not and some of us are open to debate about it but there is only so much you can debate about with like versus dislike of a band...

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:17 pm 

Those riffs were pretty fun. Horrid naming aside, I rather enjoyed that. They've changed a lot. Production is loud as fuck, but otherwise sounded fine to me.

And so ends my saying nothing new or useful in this discussion!
Hehe, foreskins.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:17 pm 

Indecency wrote:
If a band changes, people complain about how they got worse. If they stay the same, people complain about how they're so unoriginal. People need to just chill, relax, listen to the music, and stop being so critical.

I don't hear Bolt Thrower getting criticized for being the same. :p

But being critical is what we do when we are passionate about what we listen to. It is hard not to be upset when our favorite bands change direction drastically into something we dislike.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:18 pm 

I'll be picking it up either way but I'll just like to restate that I really think the artwork is lacking.

enjoyed them since they turned death metal. never actually understood why anyone liked the DOOM ep.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:24 pm 

Indecency, stop being such a twat and accept the opinions of others and yes JFAC is very very generic in my opinion. And no, I'm not high. If you don't want me to close the thread, change your attitude. People will get critical, it's a forum...

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:28 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:

Some bands somehow develop immunity, I can never find the correlation.

AcidWorm wrote:
It is hard not to be upset when our favorite bands change direction drastically into something we dislike.

And that's totally fair. I myself have slandered quite a few albums for drastic changed in directions. It's just that people so often jump to conclusions and assume anything new is bad if it doesn't sound the exact same as the previous material. Case in point, a lot of Job for a Cowboy 'Doom' fans. I've seen a few Deathcore fans hate on Job for a Cowboy for not being Deathcore anymore when I'm pretty sure that the vast majority would say Job for a Cowboy has improved (not necessarily say they're good, just that they've gotten better, or less worse).

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:43 am 

Indecency wrote:
AcidWorm wrote:

Some bands somehow develop immunity, I can never find the correlation.

It's easy. Bolt Thrower kicks ass, Job For A Cowboy sucks.

It's pretty redundant to tell Empyreal and others that "well that's just, like, your opinion"; it's rather obvious that it's a fucking opinion, just like it's merely your opinion that the band doesn't suck.

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:28 am 

I prefer their bree bree days of deathcore to this wannabe tech DM.

necrofago6666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:48 am 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
necrofago6666 wrote:

Nice.

No, that wasn't the picture i originally posted, it was a present day picture of the band.

My post was probably edited by the butthurt 16 year old poser mod Metantoine, who can't move on about what i said on his favorite gay band mastodon on the other thread.

That fag even gave me a warning..hahaha, I won't waste my time participating on a forum full of teenagers who thinks mastodon is the greatest shit ever anyway, so FUCK YOU, and FUCK YOUR MOM! hahaha!

bloody_spike
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:10 am 

I don't think it's too bad. Nothing amazing, but definitely not terrible. I won't even criticise the high pitched screaming, cuz I can't do any better myself, I'm a low to mid ranger. I also rather like the album art, though I would like to correct some people here: that's not Lady Liberty, it's Lady Justice. Liberty holds the torch and book and is not blindfolded.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:24 am 

necro...you're not sixteen? you're older than sixteen? really? you're not lying through your fucking braces covered teeth? if you are sixteen, you're a retarded one, if you are literally any older than sixteen, you should be sterilized. Your reaction proves your a poster child for +20 year late abortions.

and bloody, I retract nothing about the UNFATHOMABLE SHITTINESS of this cover!!!!

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║