Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:10 pm 

Revolution is my favorite song so far though I haven't listened past it yet. Hellfire is fantastic as well.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:27 pm 

Hmm, definitely an energetic album. Cover art for both versions suck, of course, but the music is fun. Nothing spectacular that stands out for me, though. Thankfully it's over 15 minutes shorter than the previous album.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Ericfg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:34 pm 

I can only hope it is half as good as the last one.

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:38 pm 

Aaaaalways wish the best for Accept. Keep kicking out the great material guys. I'll definitely pick this up at some point.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:25 pm 

Whole album is currently on youtube. Here is Revolution.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94WL051Ioa4

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:28 pm 

Flash to bang time :headbang:

StrangerintheNight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:57 am 

ohhh Im so keen to pick this up! Accept is one of those bands who never put out solid albums always

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:00 pm 

Well yeah, i've heard it through a couple times and enjoyed it. I can tell it'll be one of those grower albums too. COngrats to the boys on another solid effort, i think i like it a little better than the last one. Early days though.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:02 am 

DeathRiderDoom wrote:
Well yeah, i've heard it through a couple times and enjoyed it. I can tell it'll be one of those grower albums too. COngrats to the boys on another solid effort, i think i like it a little better than the last one. Early days though.

For sure that it's a grower. I didn't think much of it the first time, but having listened to it on my third full start-to-finish, the album warmed up to me big time. "Shadow Soldiers" and "The Galley" are the two stand-outs in my opinion. Awesome work, Accept.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Rust_In_Blood
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:28 pm 

Looks like they deleted the video on YouTube. Nevertheless, here is another link still working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YXcC97V3qA

Ronnie James Dio
R.I.P. July 10 1942 - May 16, 2010

Ericfg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:20 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
DeathRiderDoom wrote:

For sure that it's a grower. I didn't think much of it the first time, but having listened to it on my third full start-to-finish, the album warmed up to me big time. "Shadow Soldiers" and "The Galley" are the two stand-outs in my opinion. Awesome work, Accept.

The last one was a 'grower' for me. Heard about it, was stoked to get it, and then was not that impressed when I did receive it.
It only took me the roadtrip to see the band, seeing them live and then replaying the album to get me to appreciate it fully. Let's hope the new one is the same. Or better.
I must say I'm so happy Wolf and Peter are back together and playing hard music again. And Mark, the singer, seems like a really good fit. I can't wait to buy this and actually hear it (as I've not done any pre-listening.)

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:21 am 

I listened through all tracks on Youtube and this is definitely a good album, not great but a lot better than a lot of other albums from nowadays.
I can even go so far that I like Marks singing a lot more than Udo.
They share a very similar style but Mark have more diversity.
I'll get the double LP as fast as I can

DeathFog
Temporally-Displaced Fossil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:36 pm 

The album is in the same vein as Blood Of The Nations, just more pompous and epic. Can't say more after a couple of listens.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:37 pm 

Shadow Soldiers is probably my favourite song from it. So goddamn catchy!

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:45 pm 

Honestly though, The Galley was an unnecessary song.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:47 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
Honestly though, The Galley was an unnecessary song.

I thought it was pretty good, although with repeated listens it does lose its steam. It also reminds me of modern Megadeth a lot.
Necroticism174 wrote:
Shadow Soldiers is probably my favourite song from it. So goddamn catchy!

Agreed on this, though. An awesome song.

AR_HeavyMetal666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:05 pm 

Listened through the album 3 times today, I love it. I wasn't leery at all with this album, I think Mark Tornillo is doing a badass job. Can't wait to see what is next, and hopefully I can catch them the next time they hit Seattle.

Sunslash
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:28 pm 

I just came back from their concert in Belgium, and they were absolutely amazing !
Mark nailed the older songs, and in many occasions did them better than Udo.

They played
Spoiler: show
Stalingrad, Shadow Soldiers and Hellfire
from the new album. The first one brought manly tears to my eyes.

If the band comes to your region, you have to see them.

ApochWeiss
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:49 am 

I actually just got my promo copy Thursday, maybe Friday. I forget when, but was fairly recent either way. Just did my review of it, and I gotta say I was blown away by it. The latter half was nowhere near as spectacular as the start, but I didn't once want to walk away from the album or skip a single track no matter how many times I heard them.

http://www.apochs.net/CDs/Accept-Stalingrad.html if you care about what I thought of the whole thing.

Point is, I'm making damn sure I add a physical copy of this one to my collection. :D

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:03 pm 

I just started listening to these guys in the past two months (early stuff and new). I'm looking forward to this.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:24 pm 

I don't know. Blood Of The Nations didn't really hook me. Stylistically, I feel like Accept is missing something. Blood Of The Nations just felt off by a little bit. Maybe just a little too expected and mid-paced? (It's been awhile since I've heard that album, so my memory might be slightly off.)

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:46 am 

I've ordered my copy as well as Overkill's from the same ebay seller. Special editions no less. Can't wait to spin the sequels to two of my top 5 records from 2010!
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

motorsport
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:34 pm 

Got the album from iTunes today and it kicks ass so far. This is actually my first time listening to the band (yeah, i know, shut up) and I'll definitely be getting more.

~Guest 256486
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:37 pm 

motorsport wrote:
Got the album from iTunes today and it kicks ass so far. This is actually my first time listening to the band (yeah, i know, shut up) and I'll definitely be getting more.

Hey, we all have to start somewhere, right? You should give Restless and Wild and Balls to the Wall a listen as well.

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:58 am 

Bit of a bump, first listen of this while at the gym. Really loved it. Standout moments for me are the epic guitar solo in Hung, drawn and Quartered, The beautiful outro to The Galley, the chorus to Shadow Soldiers.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:26 pm 

This is a good, solid album. No songs as good as "Teutonic Terror" from the previous album, but it also doesn't have any filler like that one did and doesn't drag on for an eternity. So it's a solid 4 star album from one listen, anyway...

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:36 pm 

motorsport wrote:

You pretty much want to start out with Breaker, and Restless and Wild. Then I suggest moving to Balls to the Wall, and Metal Heart. Have Fun!

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2