Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:48 pm 

AW666 wrote:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Rock-n-Roll/megadeth.htm
:rolleyes:

OH MAH GAWD, NOT THE I LOVE SATAN HAND SIGN!!

Call_From_The_Tower
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:57 pm 

It always seems strange to me when I see people talking about 1184 being clearly Windir's best, as I've always found the last two albums to be pretty mediocre (although 1184 is a lot stronger than Likferd and has some great tracks) while the first two are the true standouts. Soknardalr in particular always seems to be the one that gets overlooked out of the lot despite being fucking awesome. The last two tracks on that album are magnificent and the melodies are probably the best that Valfar ever composed.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:17 pm 

My show on Friday went excellently. Here are the photos we have from it so far.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 300&type=3

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:49 pm 

Who's the scary chick with the shaved head? That you?

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:52 pm 

He's the microphone.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:24 am 

Tee hee. I'm the drummer, otherwise known as the only person in history to play black metal wearing blue jeans.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:17 am 

Subrick wrote:
Tee hee. I'm the drummer, otherwise known as the only person in history to play black metal wearing blue jeans.

Hey, now what's wrong with blue jeans? How else are you going to share the world the stains of your vomit, blood and piss?

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:47 am 

I just heard Umskiptar for the first time today and I have to say I really enjoyed it, the riffing was still and reminded me a lot of the slower passages on Belus. I can't believe the amount of flack the album is getting by the black metal crowd, I think its even better and more adventurous than Fallen and its shaping up to be one of my favorite albums thus far for this year.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:59 am 

iAm wrote:
Who's the scary chick with the shaved head? That you?

Wouldn't want to be perpetuating stereotypical standards of beauty here, but, yeah, she looks terrifying. Actually, everyone in the band looks quite scary, barring you, Subrick. :lol:

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:25 am 

Calusari wrote:
Wouldn't want to be perpetuating stereotypical standards of beauty here, but, yeah, she looks terrifying. Actually, everyone in the band looks quite scary, barring you, Subrick. :lol:

Hold on there. I said she was scary not unattractive.

I should save up for a new monitor. I have a dual screen set up right now, but my second monitor is a 10x10 Viewsonic from circa 2002. The quality compared between the two is awful. Quite frankly I'm rather impressed it still works.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:54 am 

We were beginning to shrug off the old ways that shackled us, and see the world more with enlightened minds and eyes. Then things slowly began changing, like a slow but inexorable pendulum swing instead of settling on a middle way which you would hope for, now we're in the twenty first century.

Changes usually happen over many hundreds of years, gradual changes, which help people to adjust (as they often don't notice) viewing them as natural; which they are.
Behaviour in society is relatively stable and nearly always benefits from gradual change.

Watching a George Carlin video, he/someone said; that as long people continue to see themselves as separate from everything else, the easier it is to enslave them.

On education , .... "and it's the same reason that it will never, ever, ever be fixed".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu9Ycq64Gy4

Vlachos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:00 am 

Speaking of which, has anyone seen this for a better price?
I took advantage of being in 8 feet of ocean water by taking an enormous dump in the water. I had goggles on so I watched it sink to the sand on the ocean floor. It was the most awe-inspiring thing I have ever seen.

Playing online like a true boller right here

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:51 am 

mindshadow wrote:
We were beginning to shrug off the old ways that shackled us, and see the world more with enlightened minds and eyes. Then things slowly began changing, like a slow but inexorable pendulum swing instead of settling on a middle way which you would hope for, now we're in the twenty first century.

Changes usually happen over many hundreds of years, gradual changes, which help people to adjust (as they often don't notice) viewing them as natural; which they are.
Behaviour in society is relatively stable and nearly always benefits from gradual change.

Watching a George Carlin video, he/someone said; that as long people continue to see themselves as separate from everything else, the easier it is to enslave them.

On education , .... "and it's the same reason that it will never, ever, ever be fixed".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu9Ycq64Gy4

Is that a collection of some of the things you learned in school/college today?

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:14 am 

Either that, or something his vegan mom teaches him in between protests.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 am 

iAm wrote:
Calusari wrote:

Hold on there. I said she was scary not unattractive.

Bald women are always scary looking, I've yet to find an exception to this rule. Well, there's cancer patients I guess, but that doesn't really count, does it?

PhantomGreen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:27 am 

Got to see Crowbar and Prong on Saturday for free. Now I'm contemplating whether or not Mastodon, Ghost & Opeth are worth
$37...

mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 am 

Don't mind bald women, short haired women, whatevs. Dated a few black woman, one of them had a shaved head. I dug it.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

mindshadow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:58 am 

Expedience wrote:
Is that a collection of some of the things you learned in school/college today?

No it's a product of the deductioning from my own cognitive abilities from what I see happening all around me and watching a video by Mr Carlin about his thoughts on divide and conquer, confirms my suspicions.

Napero wrote:
Either that, or something his vegan mom teaches him in between protests.

Maybe one day instead of constantly trying to ridicule and negate me you will be able to offer a sensible contribution. Name calling and a total failure to at least acknowledge what's happening today suggest either someone obtuse or unsympathetic for his own personal reasons.

I would have thought a self confessed tree hugger wouldn't constantly denigrate someone who cares very much what goes on in the world.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:09 am 

shut up bro. honestly, people don't mock you for your beliefs, or your conviction, or your sincerity. You seem to be sincere and really honest about what you believe in and the causes to which you commit. But you just post stuff in a "free for all" board on a metal forum....not exactly soapbox material on which to stand man.

The reason people make fun of you is the same reason a lot of people here mocked Sunlight. You just post shit with a little commentary (if any original context/commentary, it's mostly other people's thoughts with a tiny response by you) and no one pays attention, and those who do seem to just be annoyed by your fervent attitude in a relatively innocuous forum board.

So, no one is mocking you for who you are, just your methodology. I think.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:15 am 

ANationalAcrobat wrote:
Bald women are always scary looking, I've yet to find an exception to this rule. Well, there's cancer patients I guess, but that doesn't really count, does it?

And how about Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta or Sinead O'Connor when she was young?

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:19 am 

Subrick wrote:

Blue metal?

I'll be going now.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:22 am 

The world needs more [colour] metal.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:27 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
shut up bro.

I probably found this a lot funnier than I should have.

Anyway, it's a slow day at work today, just waiting for the client requests to come flooding in so I can stay occupied for most of the day.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:28 am 

triggerhappy wrote:
The world needs more [colour] metal.

All ambient black metal groups should henceforth be known as Goin' Green metal.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:33 am 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Anyway, it's a slow day at work today, just waiting for the client requests to come flooding in so I can stay occupied for most of the day.

same. I work for a grant writing company currently, and I'm just sitting on a complete lack of paperwork to file through and letters to write....hence, on the forums :lol:

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:35 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
FasterDisaster wrote:
same. I work for a grant writing company currently, and I'm just sitting on a complete lack of paperwork to file through and letters to write....hence, on the forums :lol:

I do graphic design at a small ecommerce company, and we use a ticketing system, so I'm currently sitting at zero tickets (and zero other things to do.)

mindshadow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:49 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
shut up bro. honestly, people don't mock you for your beliefs, or your conviction, or your sincerity. You seem to be sincere and really honest about what you believe in and the causes to which you commit. But you just post stuff in a "free for all" board on a metal forum....not exactly soapbox material on which to stand man.

The reason people make fun of you is the same reason a lot of people here mocked Sunlight. You just post shit with a little commentary (if any original context/commentary, it's mostly other people's thoughts with a tiny response by you) and no one pays attention, and those who do seem to just be annoyed by your fervent attitude in a relatively innocuous forum board.

I thought free-for-all meant you could post random stuff, whatevers on your mind from the weather to world events? A collage of peoples thought to create a rich and colourful varied "tapestry".

Most of the things I post are written by me with only a little outside contribution for emphasis.

If people wish to make fun of me it's ok because it has no effect, I'm simply acting like a little R2D2 droid relaying my transmissions on how I see my country dying in the face of over whelming dictats from people who were never voted for. there was a vote in the 70's but it was presented as an entirely different beast, and no one growing up since has had a say in their future.

I enjoyed JSs' posts even though I teased him to, he at least is aware of the machinations of state.

Constant lying and subterfuge can have adverse effects on a persona :(

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:59 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
ANationalAcrobat wrote:

And how about Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta or Sinead O'Connor when she was young?

Neither are bald, though, it's just really shortly cropped. At any rate, no, it's not a look I find attractive... Sinead O'Connor in particular looks like an ostrich. Wasn't the Natalie Portman one going for a prison/concentration camp look, anyway? It's hard to find that sort of thing appealing, I dunno.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:03 am 

I like bald girls. Why not? There aren't that many around. I have different opinions on "beauty" anyway. That's probably off topic, but oh well.

Vlachos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:11 am 

FasterDisaster wrote:
I like bald girls. Why not? There aren't that many around. I have different opinions on "beauty" anyway. That's probably off topic, but oh well.

It's only weird when you insist on fucking them in the butt and calling them "mister".

And by weird I mean gay.
I took advantage of being in 8 feet of ocean water by taking an enormous dump in the water. I had goggles on so I watched it sink to the sand on the ocean floor. It was the most awe-inspiring thing I have ever seen.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:13 am 

Vlachos wrote:
FasterDisaster wrote:

It's only weird when you insist on fucking them in the butt and calling them "mister".

And by weird I mean gay.

Pretty sure we could do without knowing your personal fetishes.

Vlachos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:17 am 

Don't be so defensive.

But um... Natalie Portman was hot with the shaved head.

EDIT: Just found this courtesy of Wiki:

Quote:
In February 1985, "Help!" became the first Beatles song licensed for a US television commercial. The Lincoln–Mercury division of Ford Motor Company paid $100,000 for the rights to the song, but not for the use of the original Beatles' recording.[18] The song was re-created by a sound-alike group with assistance from George Martin.[19]

So a hundred grand just to cover one of their songs. Fucking hell.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:23 am 

Vlachos wrote:
Don't be so defensive.

I was being sarcastic.

Sorry, my humor is dry.

Vlachos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:32 am 

Sarcasm is a defense mechanism!

Okay, it's 1:00 AM and I have to be up in three hours. I was about to say "your humour is drier than a..." but of course there's nothing funny to complete that.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:55 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:

So, no one is mocking you for who you are, just your methodology. I think.

This is perhaps the best post by our esteemed Frogger ever. Hits the nail on the head. Don't get run over by a car, dude.

I am a tree-hugger, that much is obvious. But I'm a tree-hugger from the engineering end of the spectrum, and I like concrete things and realism, and I like people with ideas on how to solve things much more than those who settle for pointing out problems. And in the real world, that tends to turn my opinions towards a cynical direction. Your posts are so vague and superficially abstract, and you assume that people are willing to spend half an hour googling on things to find out what the hell you're blabbering about, that they get either ignored or dismissed as hippie crap written under the influence of some sort of questionable herbal tea.

I have an interest in environmental issues, the problems of indigenous peoples, wars for profit, corporate greed, and other manifestations of the fact that mankind is speeding to hell in a Honda. But if you really wish to discuss those things, make posts that make sense. Otherwise, you're opening yourself to ridicule, and being ignored and labeled as a borderline autistic weirdo. The subject matter in your posts is, obviously, both important and interesting, but don't whine and blame the board if you get pointed at and laughed, if you insist on sounding like a smelly bearded looney with a "The Wörld IS Ending, Let's Contemplate the Daffodils!" sign on a street corner. I love talking about the stuff you post about, especially with a sixpack or two, but there needs to be substance, otherwise we might as well build dreamcatchers while munching on raw cabbage and hum along to an album of music mostly performed with a sitar and percussion instruments made of inedible fruits.

I can't believe we're having this discussion again...

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:57 am 

I thought it was made fairly clear why mindshadow is laughed at the last time we talked about it.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:08 pm 

I seem to notice two distinct issues here... people who listen (to mindshadow) and still pay attention to him instead of just ignoring him till the problem goes away - a solution that may not be viable for the trouble he sees, but it tends to work very well on a smaller scale, like on forums... aaaaand people who don't listen, that is to say, possibly the core of the issues he brings up, and somewhat ironically, mindshadow himself, who clearly didn't get the message (or got it, and proceeded to ignore it) the first time.

Which once again shows what I keep saying: people suck.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:19 pm 

Nah man, people are cool. I like most people. I don't think anyone is being stupid or ignorant or mean about this issue. People are just making conversation and talking to each other about strange things. Mindshadow's mind, for example :p

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:25 pm 

I see I've probably missed a lot since I've been away.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:37 pm 

Well you missed something....who knows the level of importance really...

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 356, 357, 358, 359, 360, 361, 362 ... 827  Next