Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:12 pm 

Stabwound wrote:
The album is a grower. I actually like it a lot, as weird and different as it is. Varg sometimes makes it embarrassing to identify yourself as a fan, but I have to admit that I've been looking forward to the yearly Burzum album since he was released from prison, anyway.

Varg is such an interesting person, even if I don't agree with some of his extreme views. The idea of a middle-aged Norwegian farmer living on an isolated farm with his family, making a living with black metal is hilariously cool.

He should move to Belgium and join Lugubrum :D

AmishFury
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:43 pm 

i liked what i heard from the first listen... i'll be pre-ordering

~Guest 228477
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:03 am 

It's nice to see him pushing out new material at this pace. For now I prefer this last one over Belus and Fallen. A bit more of variety and new elements. Still no long-ass minimalistic keyboard track, though... Well, had it on pre-order anyways, but just couldn't resist. :)

Those pictures are quite fun actually, but I have to say he looks older than his actual age.

_MFMGW_
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:15 am 

Haven't had a chance to hear it anywhere yet, but I have just ordered a copy.

thrashyourskull
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:21 am 

Varg Vikernes: Krossbow Kommando.

Also, Umskiptar leaked. Bad for Varg, saved me $15.

Mimogrede
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:01 am 

wow, just wow, one photo with medival/viking chainmail armor and the next with camo crosbow... what was he thinking :D

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:02 am 

Ugh. I simply can't like Varg's new stuff.
I'll just pretend that he died in a accident in the prison shower and never released any of these albums.

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:38 am 

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/the_l ... es10.shtml

Varg's mad.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

thrashyourskull
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:41 am 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/the_lords_of_lies10.shtml

Varg's mad.

A fucking Amiga? Ok, Grandpa Varg.

csehszlovakze
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:02 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/the_lords_of_lies10.shtml

Varg's mad.

:lol:

Links to my online presence

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:14 pm 

"Identity theft"...
:violin:

Remember that wanton property destruction rampage you went on, dude? Yeah...no one cares about your album leaking.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:57 pm 

But it's in the name of truth and righteousness!

I actually symphatise with his innocent, childlike selfish frustration. I can imagine his anger, sitting behind the computer screen, utterly powerless. "This isn't right! I deserve the money for my artistic creation!"

Very well, Varg. I will not download the leaked Umskiptar. I will also never buy it.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:00 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
"Identity theft"...

Remember that wanton property destruction rampage you went on, dude? Yeah...no one cares about your album leaking.

Remember that jailtime he did because of it?

Anyways he should probably just stay away from the internet altogether if he has that big a problem with this stuff. It isn't going to get any better so I am thinking he should just keep far away from it.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:10 pm 

Haha, I like how he starts out pretty reasonable. Sure, varg has the right to be mad about the leak and the supposed identity thefts. But ofcourse, he insists to end it with:

"Their owners are morally bankrupt and malevolent and they do their best to destroy Europe"
and
"I wish to thank everyone who at least tries to help me in this context. We live in an age of lies, and by helping me shut up these liars and impostors, thieves and frauds, you also contribute to the victory of truth and righteousness."

So he loses all his remaining credibility in the proces.

LokiGoddess
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:19 pm 

Wait... Mark Zuckerberg wants to destroy Europe?
Oh, so Mother Nature needs a favor? Well, maybe she should have thought of that when she was besetting us with droughts and floods and poison monkeys. Nature started the fight for survival and now she wants to quit because she's losing? Well, I say "hard cheese"! - Monty Burns

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:43 pm 

Yes. They're all part of a big team, you see. The Nefarious Anti-Europe League.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:52 pm 

LokiGoddess wrote:

yeah .. biological Europe.

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:16 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
But it's in the name of truth and righteousness!

I actually symphatise with his innocent, childlike selfish frustration. I can imagine his anger, sitting behind the computer screen, utterly powerless. "This isn't right! I deserve the money for my artistic creation!"

Very well, Varg. I will not download the leaked Umskiptar. I will also never buy it.

The concept of piracy isn't new to him, I think he's more frustrated that there dozens of "Varg Vikernes" on Myspace, and this isn't a trve representation of his character. It's fine if people accuse him of being nuts, but if you accuse him of using Myspace or Facebook, better watch out!

Stabwound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:47 pm 

It's understandable. If you google burzum, "The Official Burzum Myspace" is one of the first results, along with burzum.com which isn't his website. I don't exactly blame him for being annoyed about it, but I also doubt there's anything that can be done about it.

Besides, his previous albums were all leaked well in advance. Considering he releases his shit on his own label, he's probably the one that gives advance copies out so early and must know full well what the result of that is going to be. Does he even care?

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:55 pm 

Sounds reasonable to me.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:01 am 

Quote:
"they do their best to destroy Europe"

Europe is in a very bad way. All semblance of democracy fading fast.

A cultural vacuum is being created, it's now a "one size fits all" kinda place.

we're too stupid for democracy and so it's been taken away, but we can still vote as it makes us feel better, but all control has been passed to those who know what is best for us; to stop any more little spats like in the early and middle parts of the twentieth century.

Especially now other kids are on the block and the playing field suddenly looks small.

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:13 am 

Quote:

His plan is to annoy everyone to death with that fucking timeline which Facebook has now.

Rokkross
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:02 pm 

Ancient_Sorrow wrote:
Quote:

His plan is to annoy everyone to death with that fucking timeline which Facebook has now.

That's actually what Varg hates most about Facebook, he just refuses to admit it. Saying empowering words centered around staging a revolt against the capitalist Facebook pigs is just easier for a guy like him.

macrocosm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:09 pm 

Varg is a gay little homosexual Jew. Fuck him, he's the Jew empowering the bankers of the western world. Eat the human shit from my black metal asshole.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:57 am 

macrocosm wrote:
Varg is a gay little homosexual Jew. Fuck him, he's the Jew empowering the bankers of the western world. Eat the human shit from my black metal asshole.

Ha, great post...:)

thrashyourskull
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:38 am 

macrocosm wrote:

[/thread]

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:46 am 

I hope you're both being sarcastic, macrocosm is taking a break and I suggest that the thread changes its direction.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:12 am 

Speaking of the album, I've heard a little and it seems more interesting than Belus or Fallen. Not all that different from either, but more interesting. I can't get away from the feeling that he's still putting in quite a lot of filler, perhaps to get more albums out in a shorter time. Of course, he's always done that, but from that recent diatribe he seems more concerned about getting his album sales money.

thrashyourskull
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:56 pm 

Expedience wrote:
Speaking of the album, I've heard a little and it seems more interesting than Belus or Fallen. Not all that different from either, but more interesting. I can't get away from the feeling that he's still putting in quite a lot of filler, perhaps to get more albums out in a shorter time. Of course, he's always done that, but from that recent diatribe he seems more concerned about getting his album sales money.

It's about a 50/50 split: half mediocre songs half ridiculous spoken filler. The production on these post-prison Burzum albums is so freaking muddy and tame. 

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:02 pm 

The album is really good but I honestly don't hear any departure just progression from Fallen.. and not a huge progression either which is fine for me because I highly enjoyed the last two.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:05 pm 

Expedience wrote:

No, he had plenty of filler and repetition on pre-prison albums which were shorter in length to boot. Hviss Lyset Tar Oss comprised four regular Burzum songs stretched to near infinity.

Aftermath1349
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:44 am 

Repetition = filler?

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:47 am 

Aftermath1349 wrote:
Repetition = filler?

One half-assed riff repeated for 4 minutes = definitely filler.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:51 am 

I love it I think its easily his most adventurous and most interesting album since Det som Engang var, granted I don't care for the band's s/t and Filosofem isn't anywhere was great as that album. I love the melodic riffs in Elven dance, Gallow forest, and the simple repetition of the Sacred tree and the vocals are easily better than his shitty black metal vocals. I guess I prefer the other Norwegian band's to Burzum's early material, but I honestly don't see why this album is getting as trashed as it is.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

LordBelketraya
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:24 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:
Under_Starmere wrote:
"Identity theft"...

Anyways he should probably just stay away from the internet altogether if he has that big a problem with this stuff. It isn't going to get any better so I am thinking he should just keep far away from it.

Have you seen the "jail" he stayed in for 15 + yrs? I wish I lived in a house as nice as his "jail". And in that time he managed to get his girlfriend/wife (whatever) pregnant 2-3 times, I lose count. Some jail time he had. Sign me up. Can I kill Bard Faust and burn a church too?

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:10 pm 

Veracs wrote:
I love it I think its easily his most adventurous and most interesting album since Det som Engang var, granted I don't care for the band's s/t and Filosofem isn't anywhere was great as that album. I love the melodic riffs in Elven dance, Gallow forest, and the simple repetition of the Sacred tree and the vocals are easily better than his shitty black metal vocals. I guess I prefer the other Norwegian band's to Burzum's early material, but I honestly don't see why this album is getting as trashed as it is.

I think I agree. Of course it'll need more listens to confirm it, but right now I'll say I like it more than Fallen or Belus.

LordBelketraya wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
"Identity theft"...

Have you seen the "jail" he stayed in for 15 + yrs? I wish I lived in a house as nice as his "jail". And in that time he managed to get his girlfriend/wife (whatever) pregnant 2-3 times, I lose count. Some jail time he had. Sign me up. Can I kill Bard Faust and burn a church too?

It was SO good he made a feeble escape attempt just to prolong his sentence.

Last edited by Expedience on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BloodxBirds
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:12 pm 

How the fuck does a baby sleep while riding a horse?

maxxpower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:51 pm 

I think the reason why Umskiptar is more appealing than Fallen and Belus is because the production doesn't make it sound dead/stale/flat like Fallen and Belus. Umskiptar has a fuller, thicker sound.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:27 am 

LordBelketraya wrote:

Can you kill Bard, I dunno can you? I don't think he'd appreciate that. Go ahead be my guest, go to that jail.. I'm sure you'll just love it.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8