~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:06 pm 

My pleasure mate! ;)

0kill
Patron Saint of Burglary

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:51 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
And on a more tech related note, Invocator's Excursion Demise is RAPING MY MIND!!! Who would've thought Artillery weren't the only interesting Danish thrash band? Thanks a ton for mentioning them, androdion. You're a good person.

Hell yeah, Invocator. :headbang: They went to seed later in their career and Through the Flesh to the Soul definitely isn't worth your time, but Excursion Demise is heavier than Michael Moore and Rosie O' Donnell copulating on a piano. Insanely brutal, incredibly technical, and as much as I love Sadus, Excursion Demise is better than anything they ever put out.

- John Calvin.

luisX
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:11 am 

Listening to the new Overkill album,damn,pretty awesome,great riffs and brutal as fuck.I also heard a song of the new Exumer and is great too.

The_Erlking
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:19 pm 

For more Danish goodness: Nigro Mantia - Poetry of subculture demo
I'd love to blast a bit of Voivod and make a better-looking gun turret to glue on the tortoise's shell to make it look like Killing Technology, but the wife won't let me. I think I'll get an Emperor penguin instead.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:07 pm 

Just discovered Faustus for some pretty darn heavy technical thrash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y3bShiT ... re=related

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:15 pm 

Pretty heavy stuff coming out of Seattle circa 96 thats for sure. A gem for sure.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:16 pm 

That Faustus band is badass, Acid. Just like you said; very heavy and abrasive tech thrash. Damn, I really wish more technical thrash bands played on the heavier side of things, even though I do love the melodic approach most bands in the style usually employ.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 pm 

Yeah, FAUSTUS sound pretty cool. Thanks for sharing that.

Fans of ASPID should check this band LETHAL OUTCOME out, especially the 2 new demo songs: http://www.myspace.com/lethaloutcomemd

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:57 pm 

I have to say that Wrath is some of the coolest thrash I have heard. Their second album is destroying me right now on all levels. Love the vocalist too, very different from his contemporaries.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:22 pm 

All of you people should listen to Abuser much more. They're an Italian tech thrash bands that mix elements from the original Bay Area bands with those of the Teutonic Titans, plus some always welcomed Artillery influence thrown in there for good measure. The vocals rule, too.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:00 pm 

I wouldn't consider them tech thrash per se, but rather say that they have a technical flair without being overtly technical. That sentence may fail to produce any sense whatsoever though! :p They're great, kind of a mix between Whiplash, Realm and late 80's Testament.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:09 pm 

Yeah, you're right, they're a bit too straightforward to be considered tech thrash, but they certainly have a certain emphasis in complex musicianship, or at least much more so that your standard thrash band.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:19 pm 

That's what I said! :D

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:22 pm 

Yeah, I know. Just echoing your thoughts here, mate.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:56 am 

Just a quick question for y'all:

I'm looking into Overkill, and I was wondering whether their groove metal material was worth listening to, and if so/not, which albums fall under that category?

Jasper92
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:17 pm 

With horrorscope it starts to get a bit groovy. I still like the record though. But with I Hear Black it gets too groovy for my taste.
Their last two records (Ironbound and The Electric Age) are getting pretty trashy again. Great albums.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:48 pm 

Zelkiiro, I think Necroshine is one of the few records you should head towards if you want to listen to actually good groove metal. It's just very well written and entertaining considering groove metal doesn't usually exemplify the two aforementioned characteristics. The Killing Kind is cool, too.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:55 pm 

I've pretty much already decided to get everything except I Hear Black, W.F.O., and From the Underground and Below.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:16 pm 

Well, that's a good decision I'd say. If any thrash outfit deserves so much attention from you, it's Overkill. I know that I'm just echoing the general consensus, but they're easily one of the top thrash bands, both from the past and the present.

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:30 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
Just discovered Faustus for some pretty darn heavy technical thrash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y3bShiT ... re=related

Didn't know that music like that still existed in 1995, great find.

Not sure if I've posted this before, but Misery is an old 80's thrash band that released two demos back in the day. I've only heard one of them, but it's really good stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNclYB1F ... ults_video

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:33 pm 

Since Demolition Hammer is a popular thrash band Laceration is a band worshiping them and doing a good job. Drums are a bit tinny and poorly mixed though as well as the solo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnUZLtwY ... re=related

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:34 pm 

Here is a song from Fastkill's new album. Riffs are awesome but the vocals are very much an acquired taste and I personally hate them. No variation at all in his high pitched helium shouts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFamB_Zu ... VTr5DqPpE=

0kill
Patron Saint of Burglary

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:12 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
Here is a song from Fastkill's new album. Riffs are awesome but the vocals are very much an acquired taste and I personally hate them. No variation at all in his high pitched helium shouts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFamB_Zu ... VTr5DqPpE=

Fastkill has never been good to me, but those vocals sound like they're getting even worse. Seriously, is Minnie Mouse a thrash vocalist now?

- John Calvin.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:41 pm 

I really don't get what they were trying to do with those vocals. Incredibly monotonous.

Anyways the new Hellcannon tracks rips.
http://soundcloud.com/hellcannon/scourge-and-devour

HWLights92
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:04 am 

I know that this one is probably gonna be a little trickier for you guys but here goes:

When I was searching for something online tonight I accidentally stumbled upon the fact that there are metal bands in the Czech republic. I've been on a big thrash kick lately so I was wondering does anyone know any good Thrash metal bands from that area? Vocally it'd be nice if they were something like any of the following bands to give you an idea of what I listen to.

*Metallica
*Megadeth
*Iced Earth
*Overkill
*Testament
*and i do admittedly listen to slayer a little bit, though they are on the lower end of my spectrum.

TheIbexMoon666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:45 pm 

I am a big fan of old school technical thrash. You know the list, Watchtower, Xentrix, Realm, Annihilator, etc. With the 'thrash revival' there seem to be a lot of bands going for either the raw cross over vibe or the reek of 80's cliche vibe with neither really bringing anything new to the table. It doesn't seem like any one is really going in the direction of the more technical bands before them. What I am looking for is NEW bands playing technical thrash. The more modern the better but I'l settle for some raw'er edgier thrash. I don't care if they arent exactly pure thrash or pull influences from different genres. No vocal preference. They don't need to be tech thrash per say but definitely have a flashy technical edge to them. A few bands that I have found who I do really like alot are Revocation, Abuser, Exmortus, and Vektor. I feel like I do a pretty good job keeping up with whats out there but I dont know if there are any bands slipping through the cracks that I am missing. Maybe some lesser known bands that I just wouldn't know about. Any suggestions on new technical thrash bands?

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:12 pm 

HWLights92 wrote:
I know that this one is probably gonna be a little trickier for you guys but here goes:

When I was searching for something online tonight I accidentally stumbled upon the fact that there are metal bands in the Czech republic. I've been on a big thrash kick lately so I was wondering does anyone know any good Thrash metal bands from that area? Vocally it'd be nice if they were something like any of the following bands to give you an idea of what I listen to.

*Metallica
*Megadeth
*Iced Earth
*Overkill
*Testament
*and i do admittedly listen to slayer a little bit, though they are on the lower end of my spectrum.

Asmodeus is a decent band to check out. They are rather progressive and have a fairly extensive discography.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcW0LwfIbIw

Crionic released one album back in 1993 and is worth a listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwbJ6CBz8Dw

Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:21 pm 

TheIbexMoon666 wrote:
I am a big fan of old school technical thrash. You know the list, Watchtower, Xentrix, Realm, Annihilator, etc. With the 'thrash revival' there seem to be a lot of bands going for either the raw cross over vibe or the reek of 80's cliche vibe with neither really bringing anything new to the table. It doesn't seem like any one is really going in the direction of the more technical bands before them. What I am looking for is NEW bands playing technical thrash. The more modern the better but I'l settle for some raw'er edgier thrash. I don't care if they arent exactly pure thrash or pull influences from different genres. No vocal preference. They don't need to be tech thrash per say but definitely have a flashy technical edge to them. A few bands that I have found who I do really like alot are Revocation, Abuser, Exmortus, and Vektor. I feel like I do a pretty good job keeping up with whats out there but I dont know if there are any bands slipping through the cracks that I am missing. Maybe some lesser known bands that I just wouldn't know about. Any suggestions on new technical thrash bands?

I bet you would like Biomechanical. Progressive/technical/thrash/groove metal for lack of a shorter term. I have Empires of the Worlds and it is a great album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL7T3apuzQU

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:19 pm 

TheIbexMoon666 wrote:

You may like my band's last album. Our upcoming one will be even faster and more technical.

I would also recommend IMMACULATE and MASTERIFF.

HWLights92
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:43 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
HWLights92 wrote:

*Metallica
*Megadeth
*Iced Earth
*Overkill
*Testament

Asmodeus is a decent band to check out. They are rather progressive and have a fairly extensive discography.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcW0LwfIbIw

Crionic released one album back in 1993 and is worth a listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwbJ6CBz8Dw

Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

Holy shit, thanks. I gotta be honest, I wasn't holding much hope that anyone was actually going to have an answer for that one. I forgot to mention in the post my father is from the czech republic (making me half czech) so I decided the way that I would most enjoy exploring my herritage would be through a form of music I can actually tolerate but made from the area (if I hear one more czech folk cd i am gonna go batshit LOL). But once again thanks.

TheIbexMoon666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:10 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
I bet you would like Biomechanical. Progressive/technical/thrash/groove metal for lack of a shorter term. I have Empires of the Worlds and it is a great album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL7T3apuzQU

Thanks for the responce. Biomechanical is a good and interesting responce for my request. I applaud you for bring them up how ever I do already listen to them. Thanks anyways.

Temple Of Blood wrote:
You may like my band's last album. Our upcoming one will be even faster and more technical.

I would also recommend IMMACULATE and MASTERIFF.

Checked out Immaculate. I listened to the song Atheist Crusade and holy shit. That was awesome. How ever how many fucking songs are they going to ruin with some cheesey ass lyrics related to Thrash? Thrashark, Thrash Metal Avenger, Gutterthrash, Into The Pits of Thrash, Satanic Thrash Uppsala, Thrash (Or Die Trying), ThrashZilla, ThrashZilla's Revenge, MechaNukeThrashZilla. So much potential but I dont think I can excuse this much cheese.

I did go through some of the pages in this thread and I noticed quite a few of your repsonces constantly involve Temple Of Blood. haha Nothing wrong with a shameless plug. Very good by the way, I liked it a lot. Fearsome Warrior is brutal. Trampling The Serpent was awesome too. There was a riff around the 1:10 mark that truly sounded like there was a trampling going on.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:29 pm 

Quote:
How ever how many fucking songs are they going to ruin with some cheesey ass lyrics related to Thrash?

Agreed. They've developed by leaps and bounds over the years but they need to drop this schtick. They're above it, unlike much of the retro-thrash pack.

Quote:
I did go through some of the pages in this thread and I noticed quite a few of your repsonces constantly involve Temple Of Blood. haha Nothing wrong with a shameless plug. Very good by the way, I liked it a lot. Fearsome Warrior is brutal. Trampling The Serpent was awesome too. There was a riff around the 1:10 mark that truly sounded like there was a trampling going on.

Thanks. Glad the shameless plug was appreciated.

I wish there was more technical thrash out there, which is why I recommended us. Like I said, it will be even more prominent on the upcoming disc since we have folks from HELSTAR, DEATH, and MONSTROSITY playing with us now. One reason I continue with this band is the complete lack of the kind of metal I like to hear.

One technical thrash (or death-thrash) band you also might like with harsh vocals is EXPULSION "Wasteworld". Another one that sounds very promising (but only at the demo stage) is LETHAL OUTCOME. Check out the new demo songs on their MySpace page.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:20 pm 

TheIbexMoon666 wrote:

Hey Ibex, keep an eye on the uk's Synaptik, they formed out of the ashes of the old uk tech thrashers Inner Sanctum who later became Fifth Season, you can listen to some samples at the link below as their debut album has I'll yet to be released, the quality is not the best but they are def showing a hell of a lot of potential.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rxYWFtQJKTQ

TheIbexMoon666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:26 pm 

Expulsion were alright. Kind of reminded me of a watered down version of Revocation with out any of the elements that make Revocation stand out. Lethal Outcome sound like they may potentially evolve into something worth while. Not really blown away by them either.

Thanks STORMM. From what I can make out, Synaptik do sound promising. I will have to remember to check up on them in the near future.

I have pretty much come to terms with the fact that there really aren't many modern tech thrash bands blazing any trails. I am still open to more suggestions of anyone comes across anything.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:05 pm 

STORMM wrote:
Hey Ibex, keep an eye on the uk's Synaptik, they formed out of the ashes of the old uk tech thrashers Inner Sanctum who later became Fifth Season, you can listen to some samples at the link below as their debut album has I'll yet to be released, the quality is not the best but they are def showing a hell of a lot of potential.

Yeah, I like SYNAPTIK too. Are they even planning on doing an album now? I thought they broke up.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:28 am 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
STORMM wrote:

Yeah, I like SYNAPTIK too. Are they even planning on doing an album now? I thought they broke up.

They are still active, their facebook is quite up to date. As for the album I am sure I read something about it on another forum? They def have enough material ready. One of their facebook links, Noize Records confirms to have a Synaptik release 'now i stock', not sure what it is though?

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:21 pm 

Quickrequest:

Thrash metal is not my most listened metal subgenre and I dont know so much bands as I know
from death (black) metal but sometimes some stuff strikes me really hard, like this song: http://youtu.be/t8XqqBgp7pY by CHARGED, old band from Finland. The best song from the album imo.
Focus on the part from 1:29 to 1:55, killer section!
Anything similar you can recommend? Just some fast, preferably older (but newer stuff can be too) killer thrash metal music. Ideally recommend me single songs, your fav. from the album or most similar to the mentioned song.

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:11 pm 

That song was pretty decent, if you like the faster style of thrash my favorite from that field would be Destruction's Eternal Devastation, check out the songs "Life Without Sense" and "Confound Games", and I'm assuming you've heard the classic "Curse the gods" off said album. Really this speed-over-heaviness type of thrash isn't my thing, but Destruction manage to do it with legitimately heavy, crunchy riffs. Other bands in this style you may appreciate would be Wehrmacht and Hobbs' Angel of Death, and maybe Tankard's debut.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:15 pm 

Still being a newbie to thrash that I am, I'm looking for more in the same vein as something like Toxik, Artillery, or early/2010- Overkill. Anyone got a few suggestions for moi?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:07 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
I'm looking for more in the same vein as something like Toxik

Realm? :p

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 136  Next