Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Rob1
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:48 pm 

I don't know if i have brought this up before but regarding the side project rule:
Isn't it true that since the new version of the MA every artist that has had something to do with a metal band/act can be listed on this site?
And isn't it also true that every project this artist has been working on/had worked on can be mentioned on his Artist page (considered it was released)?
Because if these two assumptions of mine are correct: we no longer need the side project rule. Everything can be listed on an artist's page of the involved artist whatever they have been involved in.
This would mean that a lot of non-metal side-projects can be deleted as a page on it's own but can be listed under the cooperating artists' pages.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:32 am 

That's already been brought up before, and was promptly shot down when we realised that artist profiles weren't sufficient enough to detail everything about a side-project (albums, track lists, cover art and release info... not to mention losing all those reviews).

I think artist pages can still always be used to document side-projects that aren't eligible enough to fit the side-project rule.

cweed wrote:
This all from the first page of google results when I searched for "Les Discrets interview"...every single site that came up on the first page (excluding Les Discrets' own Facebook page) was an interview from a metal website. It just seems silly to argue that this band isn't a part of the metal scene given who Les Discrets is being interviewed by, the metal bands Fursy Teyssier works for, and the metal bands Fursy and Winterhalter have played with.

Like Derigin said, the side-project should have been produced in tandem with the metal band the artist is connected with. Fursy isn't connected with any metal band in particular - he comes from a background of artful post-rock and has gravitated towards the metal scene due to his involvement in Amesoeurs, Alcest, etc.

For what it's worth, I think Les Discrets is metallic enough to warrant inclusion. However, they've been discussed before, and the consensus between the mods was that their music is still too post-rock influenced.

cweed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:11 am 

Alhadis wrote:
That's already been brought up before, and was promptly shot down when we realised that artist profiles weren't sufficient enough to detail everything about a side-project (albums, track lists, cover art and release info... not to mention losing all those reviews).

I think artist pages can still always be used to document side-projects that aren't eligible enough to fit the side-project rule.

cweed wrote:
This all from the first page of google results when I searched for "Les Discrets interview"...every single site that came up on the first page (excluding Les Discrets' own Facebook page) was an interview from a metal website. It just seems silly to argue that this band isn't a part of the metal scene given who Les Discrets is being interviewed by, the metal bands Fursy Teyssier works for, and the metal bands Fursy and Winterhalter have played with.

Like Derigin said, the side-project should have been produced in tandem with the metal band the artist is connected with. Fursy isn't connected with any metal band in particular - he comes from a background of artful post-rock and has gravitated towards the metal scene due to his involvement in Amesoeurs, Alcest, etc.

For what it's worth, I think Les Discrets is metallic enough to warrant inclusion. However, they've been discussed before, and the consensus between the mods was that their music is still too post-rock influenced.

Haha ok ok, fair enough. :)

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:34 am 

Should these pages be merged?
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Vin ... 3540299406
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Vincent/36005

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:57 am 

UndeadIdiot wrote:

Yes, merged.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:12 am 

Deleted Poet's Cry. The band's releases were never distributed publicly; and the only CDrs that were distributed were private copies that the band had for easier listening (on stereos and cars enzo).

This was brought to my attention by Duisterling, who has direct contact with the band. A screenshot of their e-mail dialogue is included in the band's deletion notes (he added translations).

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:09 am 

Not that the disappearance of a shitty progressive Meshuggahcore band particularly bothers me, but who nuked Born of Osiris? :lol:

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:58 am 

I nuked it a while ago.

uglur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:04 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Zpoan_Vtenz/10060

not metal enough. only tracks 1, 7 and a part of track 2 are metal. also all songs are "covers" of traditional lithuanian folk songs.
(you can download the album here: http://www.mediafire.com/?njnmnwwmttj)

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:43 pm 

Not out yet:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Haemic/3540343804

http://www.facebook.com/rayheberer
"Halfbreedrayze - Ray Heberer
Saturday
I decided to release Fields of Sanguine for download today. If you want to order a CD (which I possibly would mail to you for free) you'll still have to wait until after the 26th before they are printed."

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:58 pm 

Uggggh... :ugh: He could've at least clarified that in his Bandcamp. :facepalm:

Nuked. Will restore it on the 26th.

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:03 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Volk/3540333333

SFM Records_Keegan Irvine wrote:
Greets, a heads up on the VOLK MA page. Their "demo" doesn't actually exist, you can ask anyone in the Toronto metal "scene" and they will all tell you the same, that it doesn't exist but the frontman of the band is delisional and seems to believe it does.

Also, the VOLK tape that was released on SFM Records, is deleted & doesn't exist as well. Unless you want to count my copy and the frontman Barry's copies, which were more or less "rough drafts".

I suggest deleting teh VOLK page as they are breaking the rules of MA by provoding false information to the site, as neither releases exist. Thanks.

I asked him to clarify the issue in this thread, as he has an account on this forums as well and knows the Canadian metal scene more than I do.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:39 am 

I was never certain about what was done here when a label "cancels" a release after it was released.

As you can see here, it was released:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34631&p=1874654&hilit=volk#p1874654

He would know more than I would, however. Perhaps he prematurely listed it as available?

Also:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YynlGnmFM6AJ:www.facebook.com/pages/V%D0%9El%D0%9A/348370278751%3Fsk%3Dinfo+%22volk%22+%22believe,+obey,+fight%22&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

"In Winter 2010 the e.p. 'Believe, Obey, Fight' was recorded. Volk awaits a lucrative publishing deal to finalize on the pressing of said e.p. but civilians may obtain this recording from the band itself at an affordable price."

Proof it was physical: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg23/sca ... res=medium

Last edited by ~Guest 152635 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:07 pm 

Deleted Balwezo Westijiz for being dark ambient.

Rob1
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:11 pm 

One would start to think that the guys of Volk had a serious disagreement with Keegan Irvine of SFM Records and now he tries to get them of this site as a counter measure!

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:30 pm 

UndeadIdiot,

If it was released (and distributed), and it is considered official by the band, then it's fair to keep it on the band page.

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:02 pm 

UndeadIdiot wrote:
I was never certain about what was done here when a label "cancels" a release after it was released.

As you can see here, it was released:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34631&p=1874654&hilit=volk#p1874654

He would know more than I would, however. Perhaps he prematurely listed it as available?

Also:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YynlGnmFM6AJ:www.facebook.com/pages/V%D0%9El%D0%9A/348370278751%3Fsk%3Dinfo+%22volk%22+%22believe,+obey,+fight%22&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

"In Winter 2010 the e.p. 'Believe, Obey, Fight' was recorded. Volk awaits a lucrative publishing deal to finalize on the pressing of said e.p. but civilians may obtain this recording from the band itself at an affordable price."

Proof it was physical: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg23/sca ... res=medium

I asked the band about a statement and referred their attention to this thread.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

Demon Thrust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:01 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Uganga/3540325065

this band shoudn't be on metal archives cause they are not Metal...i know them from my hometown.It's just another local POP HARDCORE band trying to sell.And to be honestly this is the second request for this band to be deleted...the first one was about 2 years ago (the band was deleted from metal archives).
Now the second one by me,i just don't understand why they're back here.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:26 am 

Demon Thrust wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Uganga/3540325065

this band shoudn't be on metal archives cause they are not Metal...i know them from my hometown.It's just another local POP HARDCORE band trying to sell.And to be honestly this is the second request for this band to be deleted...the first one was about 2 years ago (the band was deleted from metal archives).
Now the second one by me,i just don't understand why they're back here.

You made three reports about this band today. Porman already closed out one report saying he felt it was metal (http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/370000).

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:05 pm 

just listened to two songs of this band 'Uganga' on youtube, they're definitely thrashmetal/crossover imo

btw, what do you actually mean with 'pop metal'? metal that's just too popular, or metal that has too many pop-elements? explain please

Demon Thrust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:33 pm 

When i said POP Metal i'm trying to show that they are no FULL METAL,personally i can't see any Thrash/Groove elements in the sound...they sound more like pop Hardcore, there is no compare about them sound with true Groove Metal bands or Thrash Metal bands...They was deleted about 2 years ago,why don't now?Bands with more metal influence are not accept here,but this crappy sound is accepted?Please...where is the true metal guys to made this decision?

Demon Thrust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:37 pm 

And why the hell Hatebreed isn't here,just to compare...they're sound much heavier than Uganga,and have more Metal influence...i think you guys need to re-think about this decision

Demon Thrust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:53 pm 

anyway,if this report is not gonna be accepted by you newbies,i keep my report till someone with good taste and true metal knowledge delete this band from here...

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:35 pm 

You keep reporting and you will get banned!

Is there something personal between you and the band? That's my impression at least.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:32 pm 

Demon Thrust, you have no idea how much trouble I just went through to listen to the band... I have no computer capable of playing much anything from MySpace, so this actually took some effort, and I could have spent all that time enjoying my beer instead. The band is rather crappy, but it certainly fits the crossover tag quite nicely. Unless we start nuking such bands as DRI, MOD & al, Uganga stays. Which equals Uganga staying.

Now, if you indeed decide to keep reporting the band, I will close your account, and you'll lose the argument. And if your next idea is that you'll keep on registering and reporting it, which seems likely based on your attitude, just believe me, my banning tools and patience have so far prevailed in such situations, and both have been under constant field testing for a few years... So stop it, the decision is final.

If you have a beef with the band, go talk to them. This is not a site for any nerdish internet feuds.

Demon Thrust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:20 pm 

Oh yeah?So fuck you all,assholes...you are not an autorithy of Metal.This website sucks anyway,i only use it for "real metal" bands discography...wanna fucking ban me?go for it,fucking assholes...you don't understand shit about metal...let the heavy bands rules and loose this shitty bands like Uganga...
By the way,i'm this close to get full acess of this shit,that means that i'm gonna delete all members that i want and bands that i hate...so go on,please,delete my account,i'll be back fully armored and evil than usual.FUCK YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:37 pm 

Now, that's a true sign of maturity! Bitch, bitch, bitch and when you're bitching won't work, throw a tantrum!

Silly child, please go and disappear!

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:52 pm 

His wishes have been fulfilled. And the "full access" is something he just might be getting, and at that point, we're all SCREWED!

Here's a Napero, scared of the comeback. See Napero run! Run, Napero, run! The scawy tv00 metalhead dude is coming!

...on the other hand, he might just be an angry nerd...

sujo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:23 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
Toasted Cock and Ball Torture.

Nothing remotely death metal in their discography, end-of-story.

Really? Not even Egoleech and Sadochismo? That's odd.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:40 pm 

sujo wrote:
Really? Not even Egoleech and Sadochismo? That's odd.

Pure goregrind, mate. I can hear when something's death metal-based. If Cock and Ball Torture were on the 'Archives, then Rompeprop, Last Days of Humanity and G.U.T should logically be as well. Egoleech and Sadochismo, even though I actually liked them, simply didn't meet the site's standards in the "grind VS metal" area.

So unless C&BT actually DO release an album that's sufficiently death metal, they'll remain off this site.

Demon Thrust wrote:
By the way,i'm this close to get full acess of this shit,that means that i'm gonna delete all members that i want and bands that i hate...so go on,please,delete my account,i'll be back fully armored and evil than usual.FUCK YOU ALLLL...-etc

Dr_Keloid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:26 pm 

Napero wrote:
...on the other hand, he might just be an angry nerd...

33 years old too.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:29 am 

33 years old? What a retard!

Rob1
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:56 am 

I presume that you guys can ban his IP address? In that case he will really have to do some serious work to make his claims come true!
I think it's about time he should get to grow up!

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:22 pm 

Rob1 wrote:
I presume that you guys can ban his IP address? In that case he will really have to do some serious work to make his claims come true!

I keep seeing this. Do you guys realize how easily one changes an IP address?

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:06 pm 

Not out yet (Bland Vargar): http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Bla ... 3540344249

http://blandvargar.bandcamp.com/
April 3rd

Rob1
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:08 pm 

Poisonfume wrote:
Rob1 wrote:

I keep seeing this. Do you guys realize how easily one changes an IP address?

I have a dynamic IP address myself but not everywhere they are that advanced!

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:47 pm 

UndeadIdiot wrote:

Hmmm. Somehow I missed that. Good notice!

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:07 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Shr ... 3540343924

This band should probably be deleted for the time being. I'm personal friends with the guitarist, and when I talked to him two days ago he said this:
Attachment:
12.PNG

This conversation obviously took place after March 17th, which is when this image was uploaded to Shroud of the Heretic's Facebook page, so I assume the CDs are not available for sale yet, unless oogboog provided another proof of physical release that I'm not aware of.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:18 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
... so I assume the CDs are not available for sale yet, unless oogboog provided another proof of physical release that I'm not aware of.

He didn't, he just linked to the pictures of the box full of CDs, so I figured "Hey, that looks damn available!"... never occurred to me that they're still unavailable...

Deleted until the CD's actually announced as "for sale".

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:56 pm 

Porman wrote:
UndeadIdiot wrote:

Hmmm. Somehow I missed that. Good notice!

Is it going to be removed or..? :scratch:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 168  Next