* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:39 pm 

EVILBAD666 wrote:
MalignantThrone wrote:
You could have just said that in the first place instead of slinging ad hominem rants at the show's fans. :nono: Point is, people here don't care if you don't like something. You see a thread about a band, TV show, movie, or video game you hate, leaving it alone is the polite thing to do.

I like how you say "people here" i'm people here too.

Not for long. Seriously, how old are you? I'm beginning to suspect you're too young (either in age or in maturity, possibly both) to be here, because your behavior is atrocious.

Before you lose your cool, take some time and lurk more. In fact, around here, you can never lurk enough. Not trying to mini-mod, but please, adjust your attitude.

EVILBAD666
Oppressed blunt tool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:43 pm 

Muhammadabbadabba wrote:
Not for long. Seriously, how old are you? I'm beginning to suspect you're too young (either in age or in maturity, possibly both) to be here, because your behavior is atrocious.

Before you lose your cool, take some time and lurk more. In fact, around here, you can never lurk enough. Not trying to mini-mod, but please, adjust your attitude.
I am 17 years old.

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:55 pm 

EVILBAD666 wrote:
Muhammadabbadabba wrote:

I am 17 years old.

Welcome to the club. Us young-uns aren't taken to kindly around here. However, you are being a dick.

Going back on topic, I watched the first few episodes of the first season, and it wasn't funny at all. Sure it was random, but just because something is random doesn't make it funny. Maybe if you're drunk, you may think, "lol a blue jay and a racoon are dancing with a magic keyboard to get a raise from a gumball machine", but there's nothing particularly funny about it.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:04 pm 

It's not random, there are interjections of absurdity, but it definitely does not fall under the realm of "random humor". It's actually coherent and consistently funny.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:14 am 

I will be amazed and awestruck if this show lasts for another year.

icecoldsoul
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:26 pm 

i haven't seen it yetbut it sounds like a good show, i heard it is pretty edgy for cartoon network (not including adult swim) and it sounds alot better than a lot of the bullcrap they show on there

NikeOfSamothrace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:22 pm 

EVILBAD666 wrote:
seriously HOW FUCKING OLD ARE YOU PEOPLE????

Oh relax. A couple of my friends (who are 20 btw) are fans of Regular show an adventure time. Who cares?

I've seen an episode and I'm not really all too interested

DreamTheater3
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:01 pm 

If 35 year old men are fans of My Little Pony, what's wrong with being a fan of the Regular Show?

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:12 am 

DreamTheater3 wrote:
If 35 year old men are fans of My Little Pony, what's wrong with being a fan of the Regular Show?

Note the emphasis...what 35 year olds are fans of my little pony!?! I have nothing against it, but its just a tad strange. The only cartoon I watch is Beavis and Butthead. That show is funnier than hell :-D

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:13 am 

NikeOfSamothrace wrote:
EVILBAD666 wrote:
seriously HOW FUCKING OLD ARE YOU PEOPLE????

Oh relax. A couple of my friends (who are 20 btw) are fans of Regular show an adventure time. Who cares?

This guy's been banned for a long time now, there's no need to respond to his stupidity at this point.

Agga40
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:21 am 

Gotta say I LOVE this show for its tongue in cheek adult humor. The best example of this is the episode where Rigby makes band shirts of him and Mortikai (not sure how his name is spelled). When Mortikai asks Rigby the next day why the fuck he did that, Rigby reminds him of what was being discussed the night before while drinking "sodas". Sure the show showed them drinking sodas, but anyone who has tipped down a beer or thousand and listens to rock music can totally relate to such drunk talk awesomeness. I think the show is brilliant for a "kids" cartoon, and I love how it goes into total absurd land at the tail end of each episode. Sure the absurdity is totally in line with the plot, but its great how they transition into it.

Ya, Im a fan. I think I got my nephew into the show too, he seems to like it too.

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:21 am 

Muscle Man wrote:
This party needs some guests..with breasts..and mine dont count.

Greatest cartoon quote ever, or at least from Regular Show.

Yeah, I love Regular Show. It's funny, it has a lot of adult humor, it plots are generally surreal as fuck, and it teaches me to be responsible, or that will happen. Adventure Time is cool too. Laid back, fantasy post-apocalypse, and fun and unserious, with an Adventurous theme, not to mention that it is one of the few things my local scenie-weenies can agree on in terms of entertainment.
So you go to a show, and you can't mosh... who cares. Are you there to run into people or to listen to the music? If you want to run into people go to the mall and run through groups of mall goths or something for fun.

TIMJ Profile

Count Dirt Nap
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:56 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
EnemyofLight wrote:
A friend says he found a 420 reference in one of the episodes, but I haven't seen it yet.

Spoiler: show

I noticed this too and I thought it was pretty bizarre considering its placement

I love the show and fully endorse this thread unless you are here to bitch about the existence of this thread

StinkyPenis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:22 am 

Regular Show is very sick. The episode with the Unicorns is awesome.

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:41 am 

"This is My Jam" hit the nail on the head in reference to music, with Rigby liking "pop trash" and Mordecai listening to music for which you have to be "in the know, to know."
I also like how they referenced death metal in "Death Metal Crash Pit." Just putting the words "death metal" in that order on a kids show was completely orgasmic other than that they butchered many other aspects of death metal.
So you go to a show, and you can't mosh... who cares. Are you there to run into people or to listen to the music? If you want to run into people go to the mall and run through groups of mall goths or something for fun.

TIMJ Profile

Agga40
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:04 pm 

pbsisbad wrote:
"This is My Jam" hit the nail on the head in reference to music, with Rigby liking "pop trash" and Mordecai listening to music for which you have to be "in the know, to know."
I also like how they referenced death metal in "Death Metal Crash Pit." Just putting the words "death metal" in that order on a kids show was completely orgasmic other than that they butchered many other aspects of death metal.

Was that the episode with the "possessed" RV that had the "metal" (Motorhead-ish) band jammin? That show is such a trip, I cant get enough of it!

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:49 pm 

Agga40 wrote:
Was that the episode with the "possessed" RV that had the "metal" (Motorhead-ish) band jammin? That show is such a trip, I cant get enough of it!

Yeah, that was it.

TIMJ Profile

Count Dirt Nap
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:59 pm 

pbsisbad wrote:

Yeah. It was just noise that Mordecai was listening to and when he said "thats my favorite part" there was literally nochange in the music. And his condescending tone when Rigby said he hated it. It sums up people who listen to pretentious trendy bullshit that they say is too deep for the average listener pretty well.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:50 am 

I love this show, Mordecai is a good and funny character, and Rigby is just hilarious. :-P

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2