Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:11 am 

Yeah, it can be semi-legitimate preserving I'd say.

maxoftoronto
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:24 pm 

Ok so now that btjunkie is gone whats a good free one for music and movies that does not require me to sign up .. Im using piratebay but would like to try other if you guys know of better ones

SuperVeji4
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:44 pm 

maxoftoronto wrote:
Ok so now that btjunkie is gone whats a good free one for music and movies that does not require me to sign up .. Im using piratebay but would like to try other if you guys know of better ones

Try this:
http://torrentscan.com/

Cendelence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:19 am 

Burnyoursins wrote:
Cendelence wrote:
If any buds want a demonoid invite...

Hit me. Haha. Seriously, want.

Tezcat wrote:
I wouldn't mind :)

Both invites sent. :beer:

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:48 pm 

I hate how Mediafire have gotten really scared lately. It's become incredibly hard to find any album downloads these last few weeks. It's not that I won't pay for music, I have a considerable music collection, but I simply can't afford (or get) all the music I like.

I'm not even gonna talk about how retarded this whole thing is; Others have already done so in a better way than I can probably express.

DemonHellSpawn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:36 pm 

Mediafire is still pretty reliable for me, it's the lack of Megaupload that hurts the most. There were several rare, out of print LPs I was looking for a while ago and they only had links to Megaupload.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:27 pm 

DemonHellSpawn wrote:
Mediafire is still pretty reliable for me, it's the lack of Megaupload that hurts the most. There were several rare, out of print LPs I was looking for a while ago and they only had links to Megaupload.

But that's happening to me (eh... not only me) with Mediafire.
People should start doing multiple uploads (to new hosting sites) or go back to P2P.
Even better, start thinking about anonymous P2P and web browsing NOW.

Errebuss
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:49 pm 

This thread explains so well why SOPA should have passed.

:roll:

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:01 pm 

Errebuss wrote:

Do you think piracy is the problem or the consecuence of the problem?
We must reach to a good system for ALL involved parts.

Yahko
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:59 pm 

Errebuss wrote:

On one hand I agree - there is no excuse for piracy.

On the other hand there is a VERY good excuse for piracy when the so called "Intellectual Property Tycoons" who are selling us their material at a raping price. We fight back in a form of piracy. It all comes down to simple math - supply and demand. The price is high we would use piracy, the price is low , we wont. Why piracy is more advanced in poor countries - because they can not afford to buy the same CD or the DVD for a price of 15$.

(Those who wish to skip the math boring part read below) Canada's population between ages 15-34 is 9.5 Mil (assuming that this age group spends the most on movies and music etc.) If you sell a CD for 20$ then let say 30% would buy (that's 2.85mil x 20$ = 57 Mil $ profits) now if you sell it for 15$ and the same 2.85 mil buy the CD you loose 57- (2.85 mil x 15$) = 57 - 42.75 = 14 Mil. now you need to sell an extra 14 mil / 15$ = 930K CD's, which is a jump from 2.85 people to 3.78 Mil (39% instead of 30%) in order to get the same 57 Mil profit.

Now we bare the question - if albums were cheaper would you buy more? I would assume 90% of people on this forum would say yes. Would people stop bothering downloading albums if they could buy one for a few bucks, yes. Now days it cost close to NOTHING to put 12 songs online, yet they charge 99 cent a piece. Dont tell me that its the same price as printing artwork, Printing a CD, Packaging, shipping, labeling, storing, warehousing and then I get the same 12 track CD for the 12$. Online music is cheaper to sell - then why its not cheaper at all !

My point is - greed brings the population to fight back And believe me people do have the power to boycott and they would if tomorrow all sites and torrents are closed we wont roam the Record Stores and start buying music. some might but its a very minimal gain on their part. I thought businesses wanted maximum gain - so why not give it to us.

worlddementia
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:28 pm 

Btjunkie was definitely not as hard as a blow as Mediafire's paranoia was, after what happened with Megaupload. They started shutting down a lot of profiles for obvious reasons. But if it's any consolation, the FBI is getting the SHIT sued out of them from people who used Megaupload for what it was originally intended for: documents/large files for businesses/etc.

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:39 pm 

Yahko wrote:
On the other hand there is a VERY good excuse for piracy when the so called "Intellectual Property Tycoons" who are selling us their material at a raping price. We fight back in a form of piracy. It all comes down to simple math - supply and demand. The price is high we would use piracy, the price is low , we wont. Why piracy is more advanced in poor countries - because they can not afford to buy the same CD or the DVD for a price of 15$.

Indeed, and for this they are cheating, they got it coming. I don't believe lowering prices would stop piracy (nothing ever will), but it sure would slow it down. They try to force you down their conditions, and that would be considered dictatorial for a government.

Twisted_Fate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:17 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
I tried to download some files from mediafire the other day, and it seems that a lot of files have been pulled.

Yeah, totally man. It's the same with all sites right now. Like half the time when you search up a file it's been pulled. I hate it.

Be gone, troll!

Twisted_Fate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:44 pm 

Sorry if someone already said this, but as someone said earlier, "the government is going to start cracking down on piracy, with or without SOPA." Fact is people, SOPA is gone. But they got what they wanted. They scared all these sites into submission. Most sites have taken down a lot of there stuff, even YouTube has pulled thousands of videos since th Megaupload thing. All this is voluntary. They're just scared that what happened to MegaUpload will happen to them. It's all in their head, but it's exactly what the government wants them to think.

Be gone, troll!

gradymayhem
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:36 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
I tried to download some files from mediafire the other day, and it seems that a lot of files have been pulled.

Yeah, they're cleaning house. Both mainstream and underground stuff is impossible to get anymore. Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean are just as inaccessible as Crimson Moon.
We'll bathe tonight
Post metal on my facebook! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/prof ... 1698891497 I'm formerly defyexistance btw

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:23 am 

Has anyone been to piratebay today? The main page says Magnetbay.

My Ebay Store

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:53 am 

americanholocaust wrote:

http://thepiratebay.se/blog/208

csehszlovakze
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:11 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
americanholocaust wrote:

http://thepiratebay.se/blog/208

So they keep developing. Great news.

Links to my online presence

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2