Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:01 am 

Alhadis wrote:
No. Just file a report to have it removed. :-)

Optionally, you could post in this thread instead and it'll tend to fetch quicker attention from a moderator (which is generally a better alternative to filing one more report in a neverending queue of reports).

If you've accidentally added an album twice in a band draft, I'm afraid there's no means of deleting it until the band's been approved... at which point, you'll need to repeat the steps mentioned above. I do believe it's a bug, although it might've been fixed since I last encountered it.
[quote="Alhadis"]No. Just file a report to have it removed. :-)

Well, thanks mate for the info..But, I think we should get the permission to delete the albums...because moderators have lots of other works to attend to...isn't it?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:02 am 

Allowing standard users to delete entire albums (which could have reviews attached to it) is really, really, really not a good idea...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:05 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Allowing standard users to delete entire albums (which could have reviews attached to it) is really, really, really not a good idea...

Well, yeah....something like reviewing the deleted data feature should be added..
Like if someone delete's a album...a moderator receives a report and after that the mod can see weather the act was ok or not.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:38 am 

Or better yet... report albums to delete. :p

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:37 am 

Yeah, if you want people to wreak havoc on this site, why not give permission to delete band members as well? Better yet, bands?
Not a good idea, since I've seen a lot of vandalism these last days. Old band mates at war with each other, tends to bring out the childish and immature side in people.

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:25 pm 

Porman wrote:
Yeah, if you want people to wreak havoc on this site, why not give permission to delete band members as well? Better yet, bands?
Not a good idea, since I've seen a lot of vandalism these last days. Old band mates at war with each other, tends to bring out the childish and immature side in people.

Well, yeah I agree..This vandalism is a serious issue here..:D

Haat888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:07 pm 

The artist index is down again :brick:

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 pm 

Haat888 wrote:

Fixed...

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:10 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Zarach_%27Baal%27_Tharagh/Zarach_%27Baal%27_Tharagh_-_TDFNTFOTCFISOHOTDN/193267#album_tabs_notes
What about cross-references of splits and demos
Quote:
Zarach 'Baal' Tharagh's tracks have been taken from Demo 9 (2003).

edit:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Antraks/92109
Morrigan, can you create a list in which such (#invalid label link ID#) is listed. I have found two bands today.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:07 pm 

Hmm, not really... that appears whenever a linked label (or band or anything else) gets deleted. For instance if a page has {label 1234} and we later delete the label ID 1234, that will break the link like that. Not much we can do except fix them as we go...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:26 am 

Might be a bit extreme, but how about everytime an artist, release, label or band is deleted, it goes through the database searching for any matches against the deleted ID and replaces it with the deleted item's name? (Or in the case of merged entries, with the ID of the new entry).

> Deleted "Beerache Records" (Label # 3124)
> {label 3124} on some band's page gets replaced with "Beerache Records"

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:15 am 

THANK YOU FOR FINALLY MAKING ALBUMS SEARCHABLE BY CITY/STATE

Kjetter
Mutineer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:42 am 

When looking at the artist entries I notice that very many artist contain "also played with" notes, and additionally that everybody seems to have their own way of adding this information (in regards to formatting). Wouldn't it make sense to have a separate field to enter this info into? Bio, Trivia, Also With...? Something like that?

Also, on that note, regarding all the artist (granted, fewer of these) that are siblings or else-wise related by blood or marriage... Would it be possible to link the artists in question up, maybe similarly to how bands and artists are linked together today? Or any other solution that is more orderly than just entering the information in their trivia?

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:45 am 

Quote:
Would it be possible to link the artists in question up, maybe similarly to how bands and artists are linked together today? Or any other solution that is more orderly than just entering the information in their trivia?

I think that's overkill, and I recommend against railroading information that's better off remaining under the editorial control of users. Not really worth adding all those extra processing cycles just to automagically link a few artist pages together.

Quote:
When looking at the artist entries I notice that very many artist contain "also played with" notes, and additionally that everybody seems to have their own way of adding this information (in regards to formatting). Wouldn't it make sense to have a separate field to enter this info into? Bio, Trivia, Also With...? Something like that?

I don't think so, since sooner or later, the admins will (hopefully) implement a formal way of adding non-MA bands to an artist's involvement (preferably in the way I drafted earlier this year):

Alhadis wrote:

That being said, there's really no point in adding an extra field for that information if there's going to be a better place for it later.

In the meantime, I recommend formatting the non-MA bands by placing them on each line. That way, there's no ambiguity that two comma-separated band names are actually the same project (as is the case when I once saw "Ascension, Descension" in the same line, and I wasn't sure if they were different projects... turns out they actually were).

Kjetter
Mutineer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:59 am 

Fair enough; the planned solution sounds superior anyway. Hopefully that, or something like it, will be put into practice sometime soon-ish.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:48 pm 

Haat888 wrote:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:38 pm 

Restarted.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Zorg85
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:32 am 

It's down again now

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:07 pm 

is there an automatic change of ß to ss? It looks this way after I edited the title.

My podcast:

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:15 pm 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
is there an automatic change of ß to ss? It looks this way after I edited the title.

Nope, what you're seeing is actually how your browser capitalises "ß"... capitalised by the use of small-caps in the page's CSS.

Try selecting the band name's text you'll see it's actually a singular character (but copy+pastes normally).

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:24 pm 

ah ... it is the url ... did not see that.
Thanks

My podcast:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:35 pm 

Added a way to add multiple tracks at once (long time coming I know). Please test and let me know of any glitches, I tested it but rather quickly.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Zorg85
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:25 am 

The artist index is down (sorry to repeat it every 2 days :( )

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:45 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Sa ... ons/107112

:ugh:

My podcast:

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:09 pm 

Can we compile a list of all the album pages with the word "lineup" or "line-up" in the additional notes? It'd help immensely with clearing all of those out.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:26 pm 

There's a subforum for this kind of thing now.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

MalignantThrone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:23 pm 

A'ight. My apologies. :(

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:46 am 

Actually, can't we open up the trivia/notes fields in the Advanced Search? That'd solve the aforementioned issue, and probably several others.

MalignantThrone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:56 am 

'Kay, so to quote Morri from the newest bit of news on the main page:
Morrigan wrote:
If you have been doing that and haven't been caught (yet -- you will be, trust me ;) ), I suggest you quietly remove your duplicate votes before someone notices.

Is that even possible? From what I've seen, after you cast an "up" vote, you can't remove it entirely, only change it to a "down" vote; and vice versa.

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:08 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
'Kay, so to quote Morri from the newest bit of news on the main page:
Morrigan wrote:
If you have been doing that and haven't been caught (yet -- you will be, trust me ;) ), I suggest you quietly remove your duplicate votes before someone notices.

Is that even possible? From what I've seen, after you cast an "up" vote, you can't remove it entirely, only change it to a "down" vote; and vice versa.

Click on the vote you already have selected to remove it. So, for up click up, down click down.

Edit: Yeah, I think it would be helpful to clarify that somewhere. v

Last edited by ~Guest 152635 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
MalignantThrone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:13 am 

Ah, okay. Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure how one is supposed to figure that out, though... who would've thought to click the same vote button twice? >_>

Also, I have a bug to report:
Attachment:
yup.PNG

When you look at your own band recommendations (on the main page under "My reports"), it seems that votes don't stack correctly for bands with identical names. These votes are for only two different Disgorges (one Mexican, one American).

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:01 am 

I'll look into that bug.

MalignantThrone wrote:
Is that even possible? From what I've seen, after you cast an "up" vote, you can't remove it entirely, only change it to a "down" vote; and vice versa. [...]Not sure how one is supposed to figure that out, though... who would've thought to click the same vote button twice? >_>

UndeadIdiot wrote:
Edit: Yeah, I think it would be helpful to clarify that somewhere. v

:nono: Sometimes I really hate you guys.
Been there since day one of v2: http://www.metal-archives.com/content/h ... ab_similar
Not to mention, hovering the arrow icon clearly says, "click again to remove your vote". What more do you guys want? :durr:

------------

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:37 am 

Rick Cook wrote:
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

And so far, that's never ceased to be true.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:21 am 

I noticed that the "still active?" checkbox now automatically assumes the value of the last member entered. Thanks! :thumbsup:

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:03 am 

Morrigan wrote:
:nono: Sometimes I really hate you guys.
Been there since day one of v2: http://www.metal-archives.com/content/h ... ab_similar
Not to mention, hovering the arrow icon clearly says, "click again to remove your vote". What more do you guys want? :durr:

That's where I knew it from. Sorry! I meant on the front page with the news post as to prevent confusion like that. :aww:

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:10 pm 

I can't remember what this part looked like, but above the search bar is it really supposed to say "FirstPrevious1NextLast"?

Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:22 pm 

^ So it's happened to you too? I started noticing that yesterday and thought it might just be me. It seems to be fine for me now though.

last.fm

Kjetter
Mutineer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:34 pm 

The "FirstPrevious1NextLast" error happened to me when viewing reports earlier today. Curiously it also claimed to show something along the lines of "1050 of 1250 results".
It resolved itself after a few refreshes.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:37 pm 

Refresh your browser cache... but I thought adding a version number to the CSS would be enough to force a cache refresh. Boo. :nono:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:25 pm 

I added some new preferences/settings under "my profile" (settings tab). To summarize:

• Default discography tab: personally I find long-ass discographies to be an eyesore, so I've added this setting. I'm probably the only one who's gonna use it, seeing as everyone screams about having info separated into tabs :P but the third setting, which I use, shows the "main" (full-lengths only) tab if the discography is long. The default setting is still the complete tab, so you don't need to change it if you like things the way they are.
  • Hide my profile information: name, age, email, etc. For example, some people wanted the possibility of displaying their email address, but only to logged users. This setting will allow them to do that. The rest of their info (submitted bands, reviews, etc.) will always remain public for obvious reasons.
  • Private collection: if you want to use the site to build your collection but don't want unsolicited trade requests, you can use that. Requested by a few people, namely Nightgaunt.

I will add more settings eventually.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 65  Next