Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:51 pm 

^ And THAT is what makes him an extremist. It's not whether he could achieve those goals (the checks and balances in the US government would, thankfully, most certainly stop him), it's that he wants to and has basically said so in his own words. Comparing him to Obama is intellectually dishonest, because Obama has never said anything about wishing to take away people's guns, banning Jesus worship (lol he's a Christian himself), or raising taxes to 90%.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:04 pm 

One thing I find so tragically ironic in Mustaine endorsing him is that this is the same guy who wrote the lyrics to "Hook In Mouth." The "Little Man With Big Eraser," he wrote about back then could have described Santorum to a tee. Basically that song railed against censorship and government officials trying to rewrite history and enforce a very subjective and narrow morality. So now, in a sense, he is endorsing the same type of political figure he once rebelled against.

So, hence my disillusionment with Dave. No other way to describe this sorry sack further, than to quote another song: "Your brain is clay, whats going on? You picked up a Bible and now you're God. You call it religion, you're full of SHIT!" (Minor Threat wrote it, Slayer covered it!)

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:05 am 

Morrigan wrote:
(lol he's a Christian himself)

No he's not! He's a MUSLIM ATHEIST from KENYA! He prays to STALIN!

Vlachos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:19 am 

I actually think Obama's an atheist or at least a secularist. It's just that part of the gig, Republican or Democrat, is to appear to be somewhat reverent of God.

In the same vein, I couldn't imagine an unmarried or female US president. Having said that, Hillary came close (sort of) and I expected an Italian or Jewish president before Obama.
I took advantage of being in 8 feet of ocean water by taking an enormous dump in the water. I had goggles on so I watched it sink to the sand on the ocean floor. It was the most awe-inspiring thing I have ever seen.

Playing online like a true boller right here

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:25 am 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
Morrigan wrote:

:D

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Unifying_Disorder
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:18 am 

Vlachos wrote:
In the same vein, I couldn't imagine an unmarried...US president.

That's actually already happened. James Buchanan, 15th president.

Vlachos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:19 am 

Well what was that, before Lincoln?
I took advantage of being in 8 feet of ocean water by taking an enormous dump in the water. I had goggles on so I watched it sink to the sand on the ocean floor. It was the most awe-inspiring thing I have ever seen.

Unifying_Disorder
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:46 pm 

Vlachos wrote:
Well what was that, before Lincoln?

Yes, his direct predecessor in fact.

Vlachos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:00 pm 

Well I couldn't imagine a new president with a big hat and beard either.

:D

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:19 pm 

Morrigan wrote:

Now, I'm not one to personally endorse 4chan, but the text from the link I'm about to post is from there, and may be one of the funniest things I've ever read.
http://getradified.tumblr.com/post/1286 ... exual-aclu

~Guest 256486
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:19 am 

Morrigan wrote:

And he is a fully-Black homo who gets fucked in the ass every night by his drag queen "wife" while their two adopted kids watch!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:22 am 

Stay classy, gentlemen.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:48 pm 

Aw man, AW666. You just had to be THAT GUY.

Don't be that guy.

Animicantus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:19 pm 

Thinking about it, if Romney wins, nothing will happen because Democrats will just block everything he does. 4 more years of nothing no matter what! Woo!

defyexistance wrote:
It also sounds like he says "The raven licks my asshole" as the first vocal line there. It never fails to crack me up.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:21 pm 

Animicantus wrote:
Thinking about it, if Romney wins, nothing will happen because Democrats will just block everything he does. 4 more years of nothing no matter what! Woo!

The Republicans block pretty much everything Obama does, so I mean, it's a vicious circle. Nothing will get done, ever, in that sort of system.

SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

Adept128
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:12 am 

Unifying_Disorder wrote:
Vlachos wrote:
In the same vein, I couldn't imagine an unmarried...US president.

That's actually already happened. James Buchanan, 15th president.

Grover Cleveland was single when he took office, but got married later (to a woman who was 20 years younger than him to boot!).

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:51 pm 

Burnyoursins wrote:
Animicantus wrote:

The Republicans block pretty much everything Obama does, so I mean, it's a vicious circle. Nothing will get done, ever, in that sort of system.

It almost makes me want to have a ultra right/left wing goverment. That way something would actually maybe happen. Though, I live in holland. And our goverment would be called left in the US. So I guess I should be happy?

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:21 pm 

I think two party systems are a joke. The best idea as far as a political structure if you are going to have one, would be to break down the larger parties, by the public putting a cap on anything election and campaigning related. Disintegrate the two parties all together, and let new political factions form and strengthen, where only citizens (no business representatives) can donate a very small amount, let's say a max of two grand to a running candidate. The person who has the most votes out of every party primary is the tie breaker essentially, but still, every primary winner of the candidates respective party are gathered to form a council, where they all work together on policies as representatives of the people who share their political views. Re-elections every five years for the new staff, but if a party is overall not satisfied with their representative's progress or decision making, there is an option to impeach said person at any particular time, granted their be a majority vote to impeach. Take the news coverage down about en notches, try not to treat it like the mother fucking March Madness and get serious about important topics that have been left alone for decades.

My idea of a perfect world. (If the world REALLY has to function on a system)

My Ebay Store

Animicantus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:59 pm 

I think they just need to put a limit on campaign spending really. It's ridiculous that we now have a year and a half long campaign season. And most serious candidates spend a ridiculous amount of money on their campaigns on both sides. Barack Obama's 2012 campaign has cost $125,000,000. Mitt Romney's has cost close to $64,000,000. Other candidates have spent significantly less money, but it's out of control. I say make a 10 million dollar spending cap, and any candidate who goes over can be fined, or potentially disqualified from the race if it's that serious.

defyexistance wrote:
It also sounds like he says "The raven licks my asshole" as the first vocal line there. It never fails to crack me up.

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:44 am 

I'd like to see a third party, or some kind of party diversification. But the problem is, who is going to make that leap? When you step out on your own you lose all the traditional power and accomodations of the party you belong to.

There are probably a few factions that would rather not be affiiated with their party. Look at tea partiers, libertarians, etc...

It's just very hard to actually do it, and risk isolation and political death if you fail. That's why it doesn't happen.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4