Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 pm 

Quote:
"'Don't be so greedy': he is by no means greedy, man. If he was, he would have settled with whatever contract given him.
That's... kind of not how greed works. "Greedy" is putting the completion of the reunion up for ransom.

And again, if Bill was truly as dedicated to Black Sabbath as he and his son try to claim, one would think he'd have tried a hell of a lot harder to get in on the Heaven And Hell lineup. Or, you know, tried to get in ANY of the lineups post-'79.

I've seen this kind of talk before, and it invariably comes from people with inflated senses of importance who can't actually follow through on their tall words and are - consciously or not - afraid of having to step up to their claims. I've worked with such people in non-musical environments, and they are the worst people to have on a team, since they over-commit and under-achieve. It just makes everyone else's jobs that much harder, and brings down morale across the board. So yes, I'm still going with Bill needing to grow the hell up.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:57 pm 

That doesn't change the fact that he's still part of the original lineup and still deserves the same deal as everyone else in the band. :nono: "Grow up" my ass, the one who needs to grow up is that egotistical cunt Sharon.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Tezcat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:10 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
That doesn't change the fact that he's still part of the original lineup and still deserves the same deal as everyone else in the band. :nono: "Grow up" my ass, the one who needs to grow up is that egotistical cunt Sharon.

Plus, by what we have read from Mr. Ward so far, the impression that I get is that, perhaps, the terms in which the previous contract was written made him feel like a second-class citizen, compared to Iommi and Butler. Perhaps he was not being offered the same amount of money, or something else, who knows? Perhaps that bitch Sharon considers that Bill Ward's only value is that he is a founding member... andnothing more. What intrigues me is... why don't we have an official statement from the other members? Yeah, sure, Geezer and Tommi both have had their own careers and have recorded far mor estuff than Bill Ward and that would give them "more value" ergo, the terms of their contracts probably are better than the "unsignable" contract offered to Bill... in any case, that was happen when a bitch like that is in conrol... Remember back then when Sharon offered Anthrax a spot in Ozzfest only and only if they got the original line-up? I wonder what were the terms for Anthrax's contract back then... Remember her bitchiness back then with that Maiden incident? Fuckin' bitch...

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:48 pm 

You know, whenever Sharon's name is mentioned, I always get reminded of that Cannibal Corpse song; Meat Hook Sodomy. Yeah, a guy can dream.....

Spoiler: show
Disclaimer for those with a not so morbid sense of humour; my comment is a joke. Or is it? :evil:

blastbeatshaman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:14 am 

Vinny's working with ex-Pantera bassist Rex Brown in Kill Devil Hill, so I'm not sure how "available" he'd be for Sabbath.

Erisgaroth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:34 am 

A Reunion is a reunion with all the original members. I was thinking in Vinny too, and even Eric Singer, but he's busy with Kiss. Maybe Vinny is still available, but he was more the companion of Dio and i was hoping to see the reunion with all of the original members.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:55 am 

I'm sure most of you have seen this page by now, but the 1,000,000 Black Sabbath Fans Say Yes to Bill Ward page is really picking up some steam.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/1000000-B ... 706?ref=ts

It's only been up for I think 3 or 4 days and it's already gotten almost 30,000 likes.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:20 pm 

Sharon's latest tweet implies that she's not responsible for what's happening with Bill. Colour me cautiously skeptical about that, it's hard to believe she had no impact on the matter...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:56 pm 

"I don't call the shots about this in public, I tell my husband how to call the shots in public."

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:30 pm 

Where's Bev Bevan when you need him?

Element_man
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:55 pm 

Heavy Metal. No new shit.
Encloaked
Dungeon Synth/Fantasy Ambient

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:44 pm 

Subrick wrote:
I'm sure most of you have seen this page by now, but the 1,000,000 Black Sabbath Fans Say Yes to Bill Ward page is really picking up some steam.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/1000000-B ... 706?ref=ts

It's only been up for I think 3 or 4 days and it's already gotten almost 30,000 likes.

Usually stuff like this comes off as stupid, but this seems pretty legit. Sabbath would have to be assholes to ignore a million fans simply asking for a more reasonable explanation than what we've been given. Disagreements over an unfair contract is basically the shittiest reason for a reunion to fall through.

SleightOfVickonomy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:54 am 

MasterKrispy02 wrote:
Now that this whole thing has had time to sink in, it's making me miss Dio all the much more... :(

Me too. I feel like tearing my hair out in anguish and weeping because we all know if RJD was alive, this year would have seen a new H&H album...that man was tireless. I mean, he managed to make an album just the year before he died. Kinda like Mark Reale, who made "Immortal Soul" even when he was battling his disease.

There would be a new H&H on the way :nono:

Discorporeality
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:08 am 

You all need to know the truth about the reasons behind Bill Ward's firing.....

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2012/02/09/i-fired-bill-ward/

brandon1986
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:49 am 

SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
MasterKrispy02 wrote:
Now that this whole thing has had time to sink in, it's making me miss Dio all the much more... :(

Me too. I feel like tearing my hair out in anguish and weeping because we all know if RJD was alive, this year would have seen a new H&H album...that man was tireless. I mean, he managed to make an album just the year before he died. Kinda like Mark Reale, who made "Immortal Soul" even when he was battling his disease.

There would be a new H&H on the way :nono:

i know and that sucks, if ronnie was still alive sabbath errr heaven and hell would have had another album out or coming out and another tour such a fucking shame

jerk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:24 am 

Well, colour me even less interested in this reunion now. Seems like Bill got out while he could. To be honest I'm not even sure anything's going to come of this reunion, because I've heard that Ozzy "Most Pussywhipped Man In Metal" "Haha Suckers, I'm Not Retiring After Two Albums Like I Said I Would" Osbourne is working on another album, which is exactly what stopped production on the new Sabbath album back in 2001, and if Tony's lymphoma progresses, they'll have to suspend everything. I'm not holding my breath on this one.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:04 am 

Discorporeality wrote:
You all need to know the truth about the reasons behind Bill Ward's firing.....

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2012/02/09/i-fired-bill-ward/

That was rather inane.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:39 pm 

Here's an interesting article: http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2012/02/1 ... d-matters/

I especially thought this was a good point:

Quote:
Without Bill Ward in the songwriting process, they invariably won’t be getting the product they were promised.

And in that, Ward is not blameless. If he felt his contract untenable, he shouldn’t have taken the stage with the band in November and said he was on board for the reunion. However much you like these people or think they’re not out to screw you over — and however much they might not actually be — that’s just bad business, and a band that makes as much money as Black Sabbath does on a reunion tour is unavoidably a business. It’s naive to think otherwise.

That does seem to be a point that a lot of people, myself included, either choose to ignore or just don't understand. Bill Ward did make an obligation, of sorts, when he announced to Sabbath fans of the world that he would be partaking in the reunion. Granted, he obviously wasn't expecting a bullshit contract, but that was after the fact. It was pretty stupid on everybody's part to rush into things before the logistics had been straightened out and agreed upon.

iAmDisturbed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:58 am 

Well if they value him they should have given him a contract that was reasonable and fair to him.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:59 pm 

What could Ward be asking for that the band/their management refuse to accept?

The simplest answer would be an equal cut of the money. I don't think it's as simple as that. I don't think money is the primary issue, because even with a smaller cut, Ward would be making millions for doing what he loves.

Ward was an eager participant in the reunion up until they relocated the writing/recording to England. His statement said he is packed and ready, but mentions a lack of respect for his family. If he is going to temporarily relocate to England, I'm sure he'd like to bring his wife and anyone else in his family who is living with them. Ozzy's wife is certainly with them, as his manager too. Iommi's choice of location was England, since his illness forced the move there. His statement suggests that the contract is unacceptable to him because it doesn't provide for him temporarily relocating his family, like the other members have done. It's a reasonable request, but it could be quite expensive, and the band quickly decided that Ward was out, unrelated session drummer was in.

"My position is not greed-driven. I'm not holding out for a "big piece" of the action (money) ... I want a contract that shows some respect to me and my family"

Seems like he wants his family to be included with the relocation across the globe. He was involved in California, the family element is what really stands out wiht the band's relocation.

Tezcat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:27 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
What could Ward be asking for that the band/their management refuse to accept?

The simplest answer would be an equal cut of the money. I don't think it's as simple as that. I don't think money is the primary issue, because even with a smaller cut, Ward would be making millions for doing what he loves.

Ward was an eager participant in the reunion up until they relocated the writing/recording to England. His statement said he is packed and ready, but mentions a lack of respect for his family. If he is going to temporarily relocate to England, I'm sure he'd like to bring his wife and anyone else in his family who is living with them. Ozzy's wife is certainly with them, as his manager too. Iommi's choice of location was England, since his illness forced the move there. His statement suggests that the contract is unacceptable to him because it doesn't provide for him temporarily relocating his family, like the other members have done. It's a reasonable request, but it could be quite expensive, and the band quickly decided that Ward was out, unrelated session drummer was in.

"My position is not greed-driven. I'm not holding out for a "big piece" of the action (money) ... I want a contract that shows some respect to me and my family"

Seems like he wants his family to be included with the relocation across the globe. He was involved in California, the family element is what really stands out wiht the band's relocation.

Interesting. Now this seems to be a reasonable explanation to the whole issue. Perhaps he wants travel expenses and a residence/place to stay/hotel/whatever to be paid for him and his family. I wonder if Geezer also receives this kind of treatment (for him and his family/companion/whatever) and Bill doesn't and that's why he mentions "respect for me and my family"...

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:01 pm 

Razakel wrote:
Here's an interesting article: http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2012/02/1 ... d-matters/

I especially thought this was a good point:

Quote:
Without Bill Ward in the songwriting process, they invariably won’t be getting the product they were promised.

And in that, Ward is not blameless. If he felt his contract untenable, he shouldn’t have taken the stage with the band in November and said he was on board for the reunion. However much you like these people or think they’re not out to screw you over — and however much they might not actually be — that’s just bad business, and a band that makes as much money as Black Sabbath does on a reunion tour is unavoidably a business. It’s naive to think otherwise.

That does seem to be a point that a lot of people, myself included, either choose to ignore or just don't understand. Bill Ward did make an obligation, of sorts, when he announced to Sabbath fans of the world that he would be partaking in the reunion. Granted, he obviously wasn't expecting a bullshit contract, but that was after the fact. It was pretty stupid on everybody's part to rush into things before the logistics had been straightened out and agreed upon.

But if there was no contract, Ward can do whatever he wants (I.E., play with his fellows for a gig or two) without any obligation to anyone. A contract is binding though, and once that's drawn up, that's when the true business side of things has to be examined and a final decision has to be made. Bill opted out, for better or worse, and it's totally within his right to do so.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:15 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
But if there was no contract, Ward can do whatever he wants (I.E., play with his fellows for a gig or two) without any obligation to anyone. A contract is binding though, and once that's drawn up, that's when the true business side of things has to be examined and a final decision has to be made. Bill opted out, for better or worse, and it's totally within his right to do so.

Apparently he has been denied any further information following the move to England until he signs a contract. Management won't modify the contract.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:24 pm 

You know what's most sad about this? It's a reflection of just how old and stodgy the guys have become. Of course they used to record albums all over the globe; moving back and forth never seemed to be an issue. Vol. 4 was recorded in California, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath in England, never Say Die in Toronto, Heaven and Hell in England again (I think), etc. Now it's just impossible for everybody to pick up their lives and start building something in an exciting new place. I don't exactly blame them but again, it's simply a depiction of just how ridiculous this whole thing has become. It's probably better for everybody if they just let some session guy play. I don't blame Bill for not wanting to be a part of this nonsense anymore, nor would I gbgrudge anyone who wants to see something approaching a Sabbath re-union, even if it only lasts for a little while and doesn't result in a record. I was never all that excited, personally...those four have not exactly shown a lot of joy and enthusiasm about playing together in recent years; there's no reason to suppose some magical contract will suddenly make it a-ok now.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:10 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
You know what's most sad about this? It's a reflection of just how old and stodgy the guys have become. Of course they used to record albums all over the globe; moving back and forth never seemed to be an issue. Vol. 4 was recorded in California, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath in England, never Say Die in Toronto, Heaven and Hell in England again (I think), etc. Now it's just impossible for everybody to pick up their lives and start building something in an exciting new place. I don't exactly blame them but again, it's simply a depiction of just how ridiculous this whole thing has become. It's probably better for everybody if they just let some session guy play. I don't blame Bill for not wanting to be a part of this nonsense anymore, nor would I gbgrudge anyone who wants to see something approaching a Sabbath re-union, even if it only lasts for a little while and doesn't result in a record. I was never all that excited, personally...those four have not exactly shown a lot of joy and enthusiasm about playing together in recent years; there's no reason to suppose some magical contract will suddenly make it a-ok now.

I agree. I am glad that Black Sabbath stopped making music in 1992, and I am similarly glad that Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax joined them in passing the torch to a new generation of metal bands. There's no reason this illusion should be broken.

Dux_Saxoniae
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:14 pm 

Bill has posted a new statement: http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/black ... statement/

Quote:
“Dear Sabbath Fans,

I wanted to let you know where things are at, from my point of view, as of today, February 17, 2012. As my statement of February 2, 2012 indicated, I have not declined to participate in the Sabbath album and tour. At the earliest opportunity, I am prepared to go to the U.K. and record, and later tour with the band. Last week, we sent further communication to the attorney handling the negotiations to try to reach an agreement.

At this time we are waiting to hear back. I remain hopeful for a “signable” contract and a positive outcome. I want to thank everyone who has voiced and posted their opinions, thoughts, support and love through all media, including the newly constructed sites. I applaud your worldwide reaction in support of the original band. And speaking for myself, your intent and truth will always be respected.

While believing in your freedom for expression, keep in mind that Tony, Ozzy and Geezer are still my lifetime friends, and I cannot support comments with an objectifying or derogatory theme toward them or their various representatives. Many thanks to all of you. You are truly phenomenal.

Stay safe, stay strong.

–Bill Ward”

So, nothing really new in there - I assume he's trying to force their hand and give him a definitive reply. I like his insistence that the other guys are his 'lifetime friends', though. I take this statement as an olive branch, what do you guys think?

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:29 pm 

Bill wants to do the tour and the album and he deserves an equal treat as a founding member. If Ward won't participate, I won't attend any gig of this fake Sabbath reunion. I already saw Heaven and Hell and I'm sure that no one will top that experience, unless Ward is there and Ozzy does a great job.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:53 pm 

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/02/b ... our-dates/

Ozzy and friends :(

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:57 pm 

IT FUCKING SUCKS!

Edit: So, this is almost Ozzmosis-era Ozzy. Fuck Ozzy.

Dux_Saxoniae
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:01 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/02/black-sabbath-cancels-reunion-tour-dates/

Ozzy and friends :(

That's a real shame. :(

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:35 pm 

Quote:
Despite the news, Black Sabbath — currently sans Bill Ward — remain at work on their first studio album in 33 years.

:facepalm: Black Sabbath released an album in 1995, you cunts. You meant to write, "the original line-up of Black Sabbath — currently sans Bill Ward —". :nono:

Also, :ah-ha: @ "Ozzy and friends".

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:29 pm 

Zakk Wylde? What happened to Gus G? Did he get canned?

Morrigan wrote:
Quote:
Despite the news, Black Sabbath — currently sans Bill Ward — remain at work on their first studio album in 33 years.

:facepalm: Black Sabbath released an album in 1995 1994, you cunts. You meant to write, "the original line-up of Black Sabbath — currently sans Bill Ward —". :nono:

No idea what you're talking about. The last Sabbath album released (under that name) was the great Cross Purposes. What is this mysterious 1995 release you speak of? Some type of compilation? :oh shit:

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:45 pm 

This whole thing keeps getting more and more grotesque...
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

hakarl
Metel fraek

Next Butler will refuse to play because it's not Black Sabbath with just him and Ozzy, and Trujillo will replace him.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

Abominatrix wrote:
Heaven and Hell(recorded) in England again (I think)

Criterion Studios in Miami actually.

Vlachos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:00 pm 

Quote:
No idea what you're talking about. The last Sabbath album released (under that name) was the great Cross Purposes. What is this mysterious 1995 release you speak of? Some type of compilation? :oh shit:

Um... Forbidden...
I took advantage of being in 8 feet of ocean water by taking an enormous dump in the water. I had goggles on so I watched it sink to the sand on the ocean floor. It was the most awe-inspiring thing I have ever seen.

Playing online like a true boller right here

Last edited by Vlachos on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:25 am 

Vlachos wrote:
Um... Forbidden...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

(I think...)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:18 pm 

This thing was going to fall apart sooner or later. Bill's departure was merely the catalyst for this whole reunion unraveling.

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:53 pm 

Dont care a fucking shit. Never cared about Black Sabbath at all.
I know they had a lot of influence of more modern metal, and I KNOW THAT...
But seruoyslt. They never reallt made a real metal album, more like metal songs that would compile into a metal albul. And a fucking awesome one upon that! But for every war pig and black sabbath theres some fucking blues jam nobody cares about....

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:00 pm 

Just ignore the above, gentlemen. Just your average village dipshit.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next