Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Cosmic_Chaos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:00 am 

Tell me the name of the band what kind of style it is and anything else that will help with the logo. All the logos are done in my free time and may take a day or two. I will just make a list in order of the posts and work from that.

*please post band information in the thread so i can keep track of the order.

here is a link with some of the logos i have done.
http://stepaniak.deviantart.com/

Logos working on:
1. Insurgency
2. Spewtilator
3. Decibel Hammer
4. Sküllsplitter
5. Esssse
6. Dead & Dripping
7. Leaking head

Last edited by Cosmic_Chaos on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:45 am 

That's some tight work

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:28 pm 

My band has a logo but I'm actually wanting to have the next album title's typeface be something custom created rather than just using a font.

What I'm looking for is the word "Insurgency." I don't have any specifications since you always do awesome work, just that it be legible. A link to our website is in my signature if you want to get a feel for what we sound like/our imagery. Thanks in advance!

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:25 pm 

Nice work man!

If you'd like, do one for Spewtilator. I would like to request that references to weed, burritos, barf, satan, chainsaws, and/or malt liquor be used and that it not be a typical "thrash" logo if you know what I mean. I really liked the Deathfog, Niflheim, Eternal Decay, and Bloodwraith logos but it doesn't really have to look like those. I do like lots of melt/dripping though since it kinda pertains to the band name.

If you want a point of reference you can download both of our cassettes from the blog in my sig or check out some jams on one of the links below. The songs vary depending on which link but myspace has tracks from both the tapes if you don't want to bother downloading. We're kind of a mix of death metal, thrash, grindcore, and fast hardcore/punk.

http://reverbnation.com/spewtilator
http://myspace.com/spewtilator
http://facebook.com/spewtilator

thanks dude!
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

peewtCF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:54 pm 

fuck

Last edited by peewtCF on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:07 pm 

Sküllsplitter.

We are a blackened thrash band in the vein of Goatwhore, Skeletonwitch, and Celtic Frost. Can the logo be kind of like an old school heavy metal logo with a diabolical twist like
and

But add things like upsidedown crosses, pentagrams, pot leafs, skulls, blood, bones, and stuff of that nature, into the logo. Whatever looks good (the ümlat is optional). Have fun with it!
Incantation for breakfast, fuck yeah. You wake up and then it's Onward to Chocula.

FenrirFangs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:03 pm 

PM'd

blacknumenorean
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:12 pm 

Could you improve and rework the logo for my project Esssse? Keep the overall layout and the phoenix but improve the look of it? The music is ambient black metal with folk influences in the vein of Ulver, Agalloch, and Skagos with an emphasis on nature.
doc of the band wore hyperblats blatsbeats were either faster than normal? The Ultimate Incantation album on the music final massacre in the 1.52 to 2.18 blatsbeats seem to be faster than the constant music blastbeat

My Band
www.myspace.com/vanekmetal

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:08 pm 

Dead & Dripping is the name of my one man brutal death metal project I'm starting soon. If I can find some band members that'd be even better, but for now I guess I'm by myself.
It isn't brutal death metal in the Devourment or Mortician sense but more of a Cannibal Corpse/Krisiun hybrid style.
Frankly you can design it however you feel would fit well! You're the artist lool!! You probably know better than I.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

StinkyPenis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:44 pm 

Leaking Head is my punk thing I'm doing. Don't really know what we want but if it could be simple that would be cool.

Vrede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:03 am 

Hey CC,
nice to see that you're back at drawing logos.
Thanks again for the one you did for me years ago! :-D

Speak for yourself.

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:19 am 

If you could "Rakesh Wahya" is the name of my solo Blackened Folk/Thrash project, so far the lyrical theme's are based around nature and certain aspect's of space, however I'm planning on incorporating more Native American folk lore later.
Rakesh is "Supreme Spirit" and Waya is "wolf".
EDIT: sorry found out Ohanzee is Sioux.

Last edited by TheEvilSocky on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:34 am 

Nice work, man i hope you can help us out. This is my band Info:

Name: Arz Goetia
Genre: Melodic Death/Doom/Gothic Metal (growls and female vocals)
Lyrical Themes: Occult, Lovecraft, Satanism
Influences: Opeth, Draconian, My Dying Bride, Moonspell, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow The Sun, Tristania, Garden Of Shadows, Therion

Notes: The other singer (she is the founder of this project) likes the whole autumn branch-looking logos and if u could add a candle or a subtile satanist detail would be great, thanx in advance.

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

MrDisgrace
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:39 am 

Disgraced, my DSBM project. I'm influenced by the likes of Wounder, Coldworld, Xasthur and Shining. If you want to have a feel for my music, check this out.

ASD15
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:16 pm 

Thanks a lot for doing this!

Name: Vathis
Genre: black metal
Lyrics: personal stuff, history, spirituality
Influences: Opeth, Darkthrone, Enslaved, Night Conquers Day, Agalloch, Dissection

In terms of what the logo should look like, we'd want something like the logos of Opeth, Night Conquers Day, and Absu. Basically that dark almost gothic, heavily embellished style, but with some Byzantine flavor (see below).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/36/Digenis_Akritas_Athens.jpg/220px-Digenis_Akritas_Athens.jpg
http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/images/h2/h2_2001.730.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3015/2920859743_d755c0407b_o.jpg

Thanks a lot in advance!

im_a_jackass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:29 am 

Hey
I'm in need of a band logo
I have changed the name from "Gaia" to "Nidra"
I want something similar to this logo but with a bit more flowery detail like Opeth's logo
"Nidra" is my one man project, I play alot of ambient and alot of prog rock/metal in the vein of Opeth, Cynic, Yes and Gentle Giant
I also play alot of acoustic stuff too
all in all it is a very jumbled mess of musical genres and styles
Thanks.

Last edited by im_a_jackass on Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:56 am 

Really cool that you're doing this. I need a logo for my band : Axis
Of Frost. Kind of black,death metal. Lyrical themes are mostly about the apocalypse and suicide. It does not have to be super legible cause I'm a fan of ornamentation,but not brutal death metal levels of unreadability.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:12 am 

Great stuff, like others have mentioned. Here's my request...

Name: Levaasth
Genre: technical thrash
Lyrics: dreaming, the mind, apocalypse
Influences: too diverse to list

Basically I'd like the logo to be straight, angular and roughly symmetrical. Think Voivod, or Vektor.

I don't want the robotic look of the above bands' logos. A clean, white-on-black look would be preferred, kinda like the Skeletonwitch logo posted above. And please avoid making it look like a generic modern thrash logo. Thanks for your help.

PS: Here's a rough sketch I made with Paint. I couldn't really force the EV and ST to look symmetrical so I'm hoping you can. Just roughly symmetrical would do; no need to make it perfect.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:42 pm 

I might as well put in my order before it piles up, even thou it basically did already.

My band, Atlas Vampire (or AtlasVampire) is obviously in need of a logo.

We are a Black/Death Metal band with some Symphonic Elements at it's core style but many of the band members write songs or contribute heavily for the project and each of us are influenced by many things that we put inside the music
Basically:
Me (anything not below): Avant-Garde Metal, Tech Death, Melodic Black, Black/Death
Drummer: Avant-Garde metal, Brutal Death Metal, Grindcore (like Insect Warfare), and stuff like Megadeth
Guitarist #1: Black metal
Guitarist #2: Black, Death, Blackened Death
Bassist: Classic Heavy metal, Death metal.

The Lyrics are basically whatever the Lyricist (me) wants and lately I've been in the mood of writing in themes: Social Commentary, Madness, Literature (LoveCraft, Poe, Tolkien, self written stories), Supernatural and History (I write short stories...)

I guess basically I'm looking for a logo in the mixed style of Arcturus's Logo on Aspera Hiems Symfonia and the Fleshgod Apocalypse logo on Oracles and Mafia. But since there are so many influences, you can have a good amount of artistic liberty and freedom on it, just as long as it still sort of legible.

I'm not looking for any religious or political Images as the band has a wide variety of religious and political views (Pagan, Roman Catholic, Satanist, Super Coversative, Liberal ect) so we take no stance as a band
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

septichild
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:03 pm 

HEy man! think you could muster up the time to design one for my band?!

Name: Revista.

Genre: Stoner Rock/metal alternative

Lyrics: Death, Drug effects, NAture, Abti-humain act. Everything.

Influence: Rush, Tool, A perfect Circle, Dream theater

No cannabis, but something Trippy yet readable?

Thanks!

Last edited by septichild on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:52 pm 

Could you do a logo for my project?

Name: Verschrikking

Genre: Occult Black Metal/Dark Ambient

Lyrics: Occultism, Suicide, Lovecraftian

Influences: Shining, Sortilegia, Mayhem (DMDS era), Burzum, some Orthodox Black Metal bands

Something really creepy, but nothing unreadable. Preferrably put some tentacles somewhere in there, but not too many.

The_Kreator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:42 pm 

I'm in a Prog/Doom/Sludge/whatever band named The Herald Child and we are interested in the "stoner" kind of logos. Something groovy and psychedelic. I like pointy and curvy logos, so either one would be fine as long as it's interesting to stare at.

Keep in mind, the band's abbreviation is "THC" so anything psychedelic drug-related would fit.

Thanks!

FenrirFangs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:11 pm 

Hey man! I'd love you to do a logo for my band Lightning. We're like an 80's Heavy/Speed Thrash band and I'd love something kind of chrome-ish. If that makes sense. Something along the lines of Air Raid (http://www.facebook.com/AirRaidOfficial ... 2405167945) or Spinal Tap (http://www.roblox.com/Spinal-Tap-Logo-item?id=17967661). But I'd definitely like you to put your own spin on it. The only thing I definitely want is the shiny, "jumping out at you" chrome color. Would also be cool if you could somehow incorporate a lightning bolt into it, but I leave it all in your hands dude!

Syntek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:00 pm 

Asininity

I'd like it to be symmetrical or near symmetrical, and I'd also like it to be resemblant (in the style) of Xasthur's logo. As a plus, it'd be nice if it looked kind of 'flowing' like on the FB page below, if that's possible. Like, organic.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Asininity/257098887656471

Poe Ohlin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:06 pm 

Hollow is a black metal band in the vein of Mayhem, Abruptum, and Bathory with some Death and Thrash metal influences such as Slayer, Morbid, Necrophagia, and Megadeath.

The lyrics represent anything I feel like from having sex with a dead girl, to volcanic ash, to being buried alive, and everything dark and disgusting in between.

I'd design the logo but at the moment I'm busy with other art projects. So if you could make us something similar to Mayhem, old school Abruptum, Slipknot, and Darkthrone, we'd be very grateful.

Last edited by Poe Ohlin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:36 am 

Seeing as how my band's logo was created by a former member's girlfriend that we're not on the best of terms with, I'd say Psychic Faith is due for a change. I'll probably see if I can figure something out myself but I'm curious to see what you could come up with. Our images and music (Mostly traditional/doom metal with some goth and blues influences) can be found on my signature.

PaganPoet
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:54 am 

Hardråde

Pagan Thrash with some black metal influences

Kinda in the vein of Bifrost and Sabbat (UK) sound wise.

The logo should look thrashy with a hint of norse pagan elements? Sorry its not much to go on.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:26 pm 

so...is this still happening?

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

bloody_spike
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:11 am 

Band: Soul Harvest
Genre: Death Metal
Lyrical Theme: N/A (instrumental)
Influences: Blood Red Throne, Aborted, Skinless

I want something kinda in the vein of the Earache Records logo, and by extension The Crown's logo on Possessed 13. Red with black outline or black with white outline.

I'd also like the word Sintrinsic in something like Callenish Circle's font, if that's not too much trouble. White or dull yellow, please.

Thanks in advance.

StinkyPenis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:13 am 

Necroticism174 wrote:
so...is this still happening?

Haha I've been thinking the same man. I hope he is still alive so many people want logos.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:17 pm 

. . . .

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Faplord
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:31 am 

Hey if your still doing logos and have some free time my band could use one.

Band: Xenos Paradox http://soundcloud.com/xenos-paradox

Genre: Symphonic Black Metal

You really do great work. I understand if you can't get to it though, but thanks in advance!

cravings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 am 

hey, I would be interested in seeing "the Cravings"get a logo and I like your work dude, some words of imagery for this black metal project: a crescent moon, scorpion or smoke and perhaps veins

MrTubefox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:59 pm 

Pennanggalan could use a logo, if you're not too busy.

We're not really set on any particular style of logo, although we don't want a completely illegible uber-br00tal logo. Based on the other logos you've made, doesn't look like that's going to be a problem.

By the way, here's what a Pennanggalan actually is, which might help your design process:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penanggalan

peewtCF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:18 pm 

whats going on with this?

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:27 pm 

peewtCF wrote:
whats going on with this?

He hasn't been on since he last edited his post so, I assume he is making logos.
Or he's a serial bomber and was recently apprehended by police.

VHSDVD123
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:32 am 

wow this is so cool
if you ahve time:

Band: Frans Hotel
Genre: Avant garde metal
Lyrics: violence, the carnival, pirates, WWI, clowns, alternate history, eggs, lizardmen
Influences: The Chariot, Mr Bungle, Mastodon, Akercocke, Ghoul

preferably readable and kinda quirky looking. Maybe a party hat on one of the letters or whatever. But still a metal logo

Suffersystem
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:20 pm 

what program do you use?
Also, that vocal recording pic confirmed what I suspected: SLK records shirtless in a sweaty caveman-like delirium. You can almost hear the man stink in the recordings.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:59 pm 

he might have overwhelmed himself. I know it happens to me all the time.

Reply to topic