Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheOldOne
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm
Posts: 755
Location: Stalling at the present time
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:08 pm 
 

Zelkiiro wrote:
pastafarian wrote:
I finished watching death note the second time. Now im watching Code Geass, which is surprisingly good, although i hate that everybody looks like a 7 foot tall anorexic.

The artwork is why I will never enjoy Code Geass.

That. Fucking. Artwork.


So am I the only person here who likes that show's kind of artwork?

And,

Morrigan wrote:
TheOldOne wrote:
Well here's my 2cents: Morrigan, why are you even bothering with this stuff? It really doesn't seem like your thing. So if it doesn't do it for you, why waste your time with it?


WTF, I really don't know how my posts could have been more clear.


Yeah, well, sorry about that. Brainfart moment, you know.
_________________
Crick wrote:
Metal Archives users are notorious for being female repellent. That's why I fuck men.

last.fm

Top
 Profile  
bj_waters
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:57 pm
Posts: 74
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:33 pm 
 

TheOldOne wrote:
Zelkiiro wrote:
The artwork is why I will never enjoy Code Geass.
That. Fucking. Artwork.


So am I the only person here who likes that show's kind of artwork?


While I don't LOVE the artwork, it never really bothered me, mostly because the characters were designed by CLAMP (X/1999, Card Captor Sakura, Chobits, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, xxxHolic; are the long, lanky characters making sense yet?). I've generally liked CLAMP's work so I guess I was just used to their style. I ended up criticizing the story more than anything because, for me, it kind of turned into a mess towards the end.

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 3939
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:10 pm 
 

bj_waters wrote:
While I don't LOVE the artwork, it never really bothered me, mostly because the characters were designed by CLAMP (X/1999, Card Captor Sakura, Chobits, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, xxxHolic; are the long, lanky characters making sense yet?). I've generally liked CLAMP's work so I guess I was just used to their style. I ended up criticizing the story more than anything because, for me, it kind of turned into a mess towards the end.

It's not the lankiness that bothers me. Hell, I love Lupin III because of the lanky character designs.

No. It's shit like...what the fuck is wrong with their eyes? And why are their mouths drawn and placed so shittily?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THEIR FACES?!?
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
bj_waters
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:57 pm
Posts: 74
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:17 pm 
 

Zelkiiro wrote:
bj_waters wrote:
While I don't LOVE the artwork, it never really bothered me, mostly because the characters were designed by CLAMP (X/1999, Card Captor Sakura, Chobits, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, xxxHolic; are the long, lanky characters making sense yet?). I've generally liked CLAMP's work so I guess I was just used to their style. I ended up criticizing the story more than anything because, for me, it kind of turned into a mess towards the end.

It's not the lankiness that bothers me. Hell, I love Lupin III because of the lanky character designs.

No. It's shit like...what the fuck is wrong with their eyes? And why are their mouths drawn and placed so shittily?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THEIR FACES?!?


Huh. I guess stuff like that didn't bother me . . . somehow. Still doesn't. However, it makes me wonder how you feel about the faces in Escaflowne. Looking at those pictures you posted made me think that they were trying to strike a balance between shojo (girls demographic) and shonen (boys demographic) styles the same way Escaflowne did. Maybe that kind of blend just doesn't sit well with some people.

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9302
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:11 pm 
 

Zelkiiro wrote:

Uhhh what. That looks like fairly standard anime art style to me... :confused:
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
TheOldOne
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm
Posts: 755
Location: Stalling at the present time
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:13 pm 
 

Magic Knight Rayearth eyes > Code Geass eyes.

As far as size is concerned anyway. (And whaddya know, they're both from CLAMP).
_________________
Crick wrote:
Metal Archives users are notorious for being female repellent. That's why I fuck men.

last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Isklo
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:26 pm
Posts: 2
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:20 am 
 

I pretty much only like Naruto, Death Note, and Pokemon. Yeah, the popular ones, I know.

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 3939
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:24 am 
 

Morrigan wrote:
Zelkiiro wrote:

Uhhh what. That looks like fairly standard anime art style to me... :confused:

THAT FUCKING MOUTH IS SHAPED LIKE AN OBTUSE TRIANGLE MOUTHS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9302
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:06 pm 
 

I repeat... it's Anime art. You also complain about purple hair or oversized eyes?
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 3939
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:12 pm 
 

Morrigan wrote:
I repeat... it's Anime art. You also complain about purple hair or oversized eyes?

If it's ugly, yes.
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
TheOldOne
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm
Posts: 755
Location: Stalling at the present time
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:21 pm 
 

Also it's CLAMP art, the same people who came up with characters like this. Not really the best artists to be looking to for facial realism.
_________________
Crick wrote:
Metal Archives users are notorious for being female repellent. That's why I fuck men.

last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 3939
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:09 pm 
 

TheOldOne wrote:
Also it's CLAMP art, the same people who came up with characters like this. Not really the best artists to be looking to for facial realism.

But at least that style MAKES SENSE and doesn't have HORRIBLE, UGLY MOUTHS.

The eyes are only slightly less ridiculous than the ones in Code Geass, though.
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
_Hidden_One_
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:01 pm
Posts: 2
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:36 pm 
 

i watch a wide variety of anime, and am currently hooked on the deathnote manga. i love the art in anime and love creating my own as well as drawing others.

Top
 Profile  
TheOldOne
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm
Posts: 755
Location: Stalling at the present time
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:32 am 
 

Woohoo! Tonight I finally get to finish Monster and I finished downloading all 110 episodes of LOGH, Yay!

I'm totally stoked to finally be able to watch this one.
_________________
Crick wrote:
Metal Archives users are notorious for being female repellent. That's why I fuck men.

last.fm


Last edited by TheOldOne on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 6087
Location: Valhalla
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:33 am 
 

Watching Monster and LOGH back to back, not sure if it gets better than that.

Dougram is awesome too. A lot more dated, but it's amazing and the closest thing to LOGH in my book. Comes from the Votoms creator, the best most mature mecha stuff out there.

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 9559
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:33 am 
 

Broly - TLSSJ

Felt boring and rushed, and it basically amounted to a Bojack Unbound, but with a Saiyan villain. Fights were lame as Broly did the same move every time. Plot itself sucked and the villain was a crazy douche that added nothing.

Broly - TSC

Watching the first half hour I thought "this is REALLY the plot?" Not too bad seeing the tikes do some action, but c'mon, don't revolve an entire movie with them like this. While the other one padded fighters, this one didn't whatsoever. The gag of Piccolo saving Gohan irked me yet again, but then it being Kuririn for some reason just made it seem dumb and wtf.

Bio-Broly

As much as this movie is garbage, I actually enjoyed it more than the other two because it actually had a plot. It's retarded, yeah, but it's likable in a Dragon Ball way where there are more people involved and it was more indoors and CQC. None of the main-main characters get to fight, but whatever. 50 minutes of dumbness. Oh yeah and the plot's fucking retarded.

Not to mention all the continuity errors with these films, but that's a whole debate I leave for the die-hards on other forums.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 6087
Location: Valhalla
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:01 am 
 

Definitely do not forget the movies are an alternative canon.

As much as I love DB/Z, most of the DBZ movies are fucking terrible, simply put. The ones I liked are Bojack and Fusion Reborn (Gogeta is in this one). It would have been cool if these were full arcs in the series, Bojack would've been a cool tournament falling back to DBness, and Janemba had a really badass design, admittedly his character was just like Buu though so maybe that would have been repetitive.

I think the worst thing about the first Broly movie was that Vegeta was completely out of character. He was a complete pussy and wanted to run away, what da hell? He was so bad. Broly himself... always sounded cool on paper too growing up, but wow his character was basically RAWWWW GOKU MADE ME CRY ME ANGRY. I can't even remember the second one, but I remember the third since Bio-Broly looked like Clayface and it was so terrible.

The third DB movie is pretty awesome. Those are all around better than the DBZ movies, but still nothing special.

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 3939
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:03 am 
 

They're better when TeamFourStar does them.

http://teamfourstar.com/page-episodes <-- check out their version of Lord Slug
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 6087
Location: Valhalla
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:04 am 
 

Lord Slug is SO bad I don't even know if I can stomach a parody of it, lmao. Man, that one is leaps and bounds the worst of the worst. I remember the dub had like System of a Down or Disturbed mixed into the shitty OST as well.

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 9559
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:06 pm 
 

Dude Xeo I'm with you about these movies. The only ones I like are the History of Trunks one (TV special but whatever) and the first three (Dead zone, World's strongest, ToM) for nostalgic purposes. I remember those on VHS at my library back in 1996 and I used to get them every few months to watch (they were in Japanese). Alternate canon I'm aware of since I've roamed on a few forums. Some of them I'll stay away from like that Slug stuff. So dumb. And Gt, which I'll never watch. I only see anything DB related in Japanese now, btw.

I only decided to watch those Broly movies because I was copying over my current DB edits, which took over an hour. I still have about 5 or 6 sagas left until I'm completely finished.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 6087
Location: Valhalla
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:06 pm 
 

Oh yeah, the two TV specials that are canon I think are pretty awesome though. I really enjoyed the Bardock one, probably mostly because it's just more Namek/Freeza awesome sauce (still my favorite saga). History of Trunks was cool too.

Top
 Profile  
TheOldOne
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm
Posts: 755
Location: Stalling at the present time
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:11 pm 
 

I forgot to post this the other day but I finished Monster. Good story, not so great ending.

Watching Inspector Runge kick major ass in the last few episodes was amazing though, as was anything involving Wolfgang Grimmer. Awesome, awesome character.
_________________
Crick wrote:
Metal Archives users are notorious for being female repellent. That's why I fuck men.

last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 6087
Location: Valhalla
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:38 pm 
 

You got the ending, right? lol.

Spoiler: show
Tenma was never a killer and was never going to become one. Johan's mother was the "monster" that created him.

Top
 Profile  
TheOldOne
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm
Posts: 755
Location: Stalling at the present time
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:44 pm 
 

Xeogred wrote:
You got the ending, right? lol.

Spoiler: show
Tenma was never a killer and was never going to become one. Johan's mother was the "monster" that created him.


Yes, I got that,
Spoiler: show
I was referring to Johan disappearing from the hospital at the very end.
Maybe I'm missing something, but was that really necessary?

EDIT: Added spoiler tags.
_________________
Crick wrote:
Metal Archives users are notorious for being female repellent. That's why I fuck men.

last.fm


Last edited by TheOldOne on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 3939
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:44 pm 
 

TheOldOne wrote:
Xeogred wrote:
You got the ending, right? lol.

Spoiler: show
Tenma was never a killer and was never going to become one. Johan's mother was the "monster" that created him.


Yes, I got that, I was referring to Johan disappearing from the hospital at the very end, maybe I'm missing something, but was that really necessary?

From what I've heard, Naoki Urasawa likes to keep the endings of his works open. People have interpreted the ending of Monster in so many ways, it'll make your head spin. Everything from 'Tenma-really-was-Johan-after-all' to 'Johan-was-the-physical-manifestation-of-the-unrest-in-Europe-during-the-80s-and-90s' and other really, really weird shit.

Spoiler: show
I prefer the simple theory that he up and left to live a life of solitude, mirroring Poppe.
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 6087
Location: Valhalla
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:54 pm 
 

Yeah, I remember liking how subtle and unorthodox the ending was. Felt right to me.

Most of my friends tend to say 20th Century Boys is even better, it's been years but I keep crossing my fingers that it'll get an anime adaptation someday.

Top
 Profile  
TheOldOne
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm
Posts: 755
Location: Stalling at the present time
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:47 pm 
 

So, I've been thinking about maybe watching Rurouni Kenshin sometime in the future, and I was wondering if any of you can tell me if the english dubbed version is worth watching, or if just watching it in subs is better.

I ask largely because I heard the main character is voiced by a women in the japanese audio, despite the fact that he's a male.
_________________
Crick wrote:
Metal Archives users are notorious for being female repellent. That's why I fuck men.

last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Onikage
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:28 am
Posts: 98
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:06 pm 
 

I find it annoying how male characters are often voiced by women, I understand if it's a kid but you have pubescent and adult males being voiced by women and it's fucking stupid.

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 3939
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:54 pm 
 

Onikage wrote:
I find it annoying how male characters are often voiced by women, I understand if it's a kid but you have pubescent and adult males being voiced by women and it's fucking stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN5VRKecXFM&t=02m12s & 03m12s
Woman.
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
lupin99
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:58 pm
Posts: 87
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:15 pm 
 

I really enjoy anime, don't care what anyone says, it always appeal to me. I usually go for more of the slice of life/drama shows, I am not a big fan of the Shounen Jump shows. Some of my favorites include: Monster, Now and then here and there, Planetes, Bartender, The Visual Key stuff (Air, Kanon, and Clannad), Welcome to the NHK, Beck, Cowboy Bebop, Kinos Journey, etc.

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 9559
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:47 pm 
 

You know, I think I found a new love for Naruto... hentai mangas. I found this one called Tsunade no Inchiryou that, even having seen maybe 10 episodes total of the show, was hilarious. The studio / circle that made it has a decent style that isn't annoying looking.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
Suffersystem
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:31 pm
Posts: 922
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:47 pm 
 

Zelkiiro wrote:
bj_waters wrote:
While I don't LOVE the artwork, it never really bothered me, mostly because the characters were designed by CLAMP (X/1999, Card Captor Sakura, Chobits, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, xxxHolic; are the long, lanky characters making sense yet?). I've generally liked CLAMP's work so I guess I was just used to their style. I ended up criticizing the story more than anything because, for me, it kind of turned into a mess towards the end.

It's not the lankiness that bothers me. Hell, I love Lupin III because of the lanky character designs.

No. It's shit like...what the fuck is wrong with their eyes? And why are their mouths drawn and placed so shittily?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THEIR FACES?!?

that was so bad, i need to watch Madoka to get that art out of my eyeballs.

oh i almost forgot, Strike Witches kicked so much ass.
and don't even start bitching about Loliness.
give in to the cute..



DO IT
_________________
Tumblr / Last.fm
Xa'ligha - Lovecraftian Dark Ambient
CorpseFister wrote:
Also, that vocal recording pic confirmed what I suspected: SLK records shirtless in a sweaty caveman-like delirium. You can almost hear the man stink in the recordings.

Top
 Profile  
bj_waters
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:57 pm
Posts: 74
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:19 pm 
 

TheOldOne wrote:
So, I've been thinking about maybe watching Rurouni Kenshin sometime in the future, and I was wondering if any of you can tell me if the english dubbed version is worth watching, or if just watching it in subs is better.

I ask largely because I heard the main character is voiced by a women in the japanese audio, despite the fact that he's a male.


While I admit that I haven't seen much of the series (LOVED the manga!), I do know that there are actually two dubs. First is the American dub by Media Blasters. This was the one that hit Toonami and (as I understand it) it's decent. The other one is the dub by Animax for the Southeast Asia English stations. They renamed the series to Samurai X and (again, as I understand it) it's TERRIBLE. Apparently, all of the Samurai X dub is available online (YouTube or Hulu, I'm not sure which). It's also worth noting that the series got dropped before they could finish adapting the manga series, but I don't think it ends on any kind of serious cliffhanger.

To be honest, having girls dub guys (either Japanese or English) has never really bothered me. Despite minoring in Japanese, that middle-pitch range is really hard to discern a gender for me. I think it would work anyway, given that Kenshin (the hero) is kind of a small, light guy with a cheerful disposition. I'm sure you could find clips or trailers on YouTube if that concerned.

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 3939
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:37 pm 
 

lupin99 wrote:
Some of my favorites include: Monster, Now and then here and there, [...] Clannad, [...] Beck, Cowboy Bebop

I like this guy already.
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 6087
Location: Valhalla
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:47 am 
 

I haven't watched Kenshin yet myself, but the canon material ends at episode 60 something. The final filler arc is supposedly fucking terrible, and when I heard it does something to a certain main character, I laughed so hard. It's hilariously bad. On the other hand, I hear the final arc in the manga is amazing.

Top
 Profile  
bj_waters
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:57 pm
Posts: 74
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:07 pm 
 

Xeogred wrote:
I haven't watched Kenshin yet myself, but the canon material ends at episode 60 something. The final filler arc is supposedly fucking terrible, and when I heard it does something to a certain main character, I laughed so hard. It's hilariously bad. On the other hand, I hear the final arc in the manga is amazing.


It's VERY amazing. I understand that they tried to do parts of it with the movies and OVAs that came later, but they've never done the whole Enishi's Revenge arc. That's why, when it was announced that they were going to do some new Kenshin movies here in the last year, fans were clamoring to have that arc done. Instead, they chose to reanimate the Kyoto arc (or at least that's were the first movie starts). While I imagine it's still good (I haven't seen it yet), I still want to see the last four or five volumes of the manga animated, because that stuff is awesome.

Top
 Profile  
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 6087
Location: Valhalla
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:34 pm 
 

On that note, I think Samurai X (Trust and Betrayal) is completely overrated. I read 10 volumes of the manga years ago and liked it way more than the movie. So I can assume I'll like the main series a lot more as well. Been wanting to get back to it for awhile now.

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9302
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:06 am 
 

The new Ghibli movie is pretty nice. As should be expected. Glad to see there's at least one team left who doesn't make shitty anime...
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Thexhumed
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:26 pm
Posts: 475
Location: Chile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:16 am 
 

Has anyone seen Mushishi?

Top
 Profile  
Gelal
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:42 am
Posts: 903
Location: Spain
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:26 am 
 

Thexhumed wrote:
Has anyone seen Mushishi?


Aye, I have, and liked it. And since we're asking questions, has anyone seen the new FMA movie? The completionist in me says I should watch it, but I've heard it sucks sweaty donkey balls...

@Morrigan: Is that Arrietty, or the one they did after that? 'Cause IIRC their most recent was directed by Hayao Miyazaki's son... And in that case I'll have to watch it. Since you say it's good, I'm curious to see if he's improved since he did Tales of Earthsea (which was disappointing IMHO).
_________________
Languedoc (Heavy/Speed Metal): La Sangre de los Inocentes, Ave Fénix, Llegó la Hora, Languedoc.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 45  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bassistneededlolnot, iamntbatman, Thiestru and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group