Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
hbc
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:38 am 

hi all! Gave in and signed up since I need more music.
Been listening to pretty much the same music for the last 10 years and I think its time for me to appreciate other stuff out there...
Mostly listen to blind guardian, destroyer 666, death, immortal, naglfar stuff...Plus I have nothing better to do on the internet I guess.....

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:22 am 

To find new metal start HERE.

Satans Mighty Penis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:19 pm 

oh, hai, I am new, metal head for 20 years now, listen to all sub-genre's other than black metal and hipster doom. see you at MDF this may

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:23 pm 

Satans Mighty Penis wrote:
oh, hai, I am new, metal head for 20 years now, listen to all sub-genre's other than black metal and hipster doom. see you at MDF this may

Hipster doom? you mean things like Woods of Ypres? :-P

Welcome!

0kill
Patron Saint of Burglary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:55 pm 

'Sup dudes. I'm not really a newbie, but I haven't posted here in a couple of years and I figured I'd give these forums another shot. I don't really have a genre speciality but I really like everything NWOBHM and US power metal. I'll give pretty much anything that isn't folk metal or stoner doom a shot at least.

- John Calvin.

Isklo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:58 pm 

Hi, I'm Isklo.

Last edited by Isklo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jerk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:12 am 

Yo. My name is Jerk, a name which I chose in order for the board to insult me constantly. ("Welcome to the forums, jerk"... heh.) Considering my embarrassingly mainstream (relatively speaking) tastes in metal and general dislike of black metal, I'm probably going to get flamed a LOT here. Ah well. I wouldn't say I have a favourite band, but I do tend to gravitate towards power metal and progressive metal.

Aside from that, I am 17 years old, I live in Malaysia (born in the USA, British by nationality), I play guitar terribly, and I am currently attempting to teach myself death growls (I'd love to head over to the musician's corner for some technical help). As soon as I don't sound like Abbath puking into a bucket, I'm going to start a band and surround myself with musicians who are far more talented than me.

See you on the other side. Or something.

GuitarGuyNack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:23 pm 

Hi all, i'm Nick.I mostly listen to death metal along with a small amount of black and thrash thrown in to keep things interesting.At this time my favorite bands are Slayer,Nile,Cannibal Corpse,Immolation,Dimmu Borgir,Pantera and Kataklysm.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:25 pm 

0kill wrote:
'Sup dudes. I'm not really a newbie, but I haven't posted here in a couple of years and I figured I'd give these forums another shot. I don't really have a genre speciality but I really like everything NWOBHM and US power metal. I'll give pretty much anything that isn't folk metal or stoner doom a shot at least.

I remember you from some two years ago. Welcome back.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:30 pm 

jerk wrote:
Yo. My name is Jerk, a name which I chose in order for the board to insult me constantly. ("Welcome to the forums, jerk"... heh.) Considering my embarrassingly mainstream (relatively speaking) tastes in metal and general dislike of black metal, I'm probably going to get flamed a LOT here. Ah well. I wouldn't say I have a favourite band, but I do tend to gravitate towards power metal and progressive metal. .

Nobody will insult you because you don't like black metal, dude.

Welcome, explore the Rec central to discover some new cool bands.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Dark Millennium
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:08 pm 

sup everyone, name is Art. Been into DM for sometime now. some of my favorites include: CORPUS ROTTUS, BOLT THROWER, Immolation, Suffocation, etc....
On occasion I draw for bands when I find the time. Looking forward to making some trades and new connections.

Dark Millennium

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:14 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
0kill wrote:

I remember you from some two years ago. Welcome back.

Hmm that is a name I have not seen in a long time.

Ikharos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:01 pm 

It feels weird saying my name is Ikharos because you can just read it, but that's it.
And my favorite genres are traditional heavy metal and prog.
Mostly staples, like Iron Maiden and Dream Theater.
But following heavily are Pain of Salvation, Fates Warning, Opeth, Wastefall, Symphony X, and Abba.

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:13 am 

brutal, its all about anything black(aside from nsmb), sludgm folk, neo-folk, prog, viking, death, melodic-death. favorite bands currently are Boris, kylesa, behemoth (there bm stuff especially), fen, immolation, pink floyd, and a bunch more. I play guitar, do a little bass, working on death/black vocals of various sorts, and want to learn many more instruments in the future. brutal

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:39 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
jerk wrote:
Yo. My name is Jerk, a name which I chose in order for the board to insult me constantly. ("Welcome to the forums, jerk"... heh.) Considering my embarrassingly mainstream (relatively speaking) tastes in metal and general dislike of black metal, I'm probably going to get flamed a LOT here. Ah well. I wouldn't say I have a favourite band, but I do tend to gravitate towards power metal and progressive metal. .

Nobody will insult you because you don't like black metal, dude.

Welcome, explore the Rec central to discover some new cool bands.

Well I most certainly will. (jk)
So you go to a show, and you can't mosh... who cares. Are you there to run into people or to listen to the music? If you want to run into people go to the mall and run through groups of mall goths or something for fun.

TIMJ Profile

JadedSpade
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:28 pm 

Hello!

I'm a girl from Slovenia, EU. My favourite metal genre is Heavy Metal (Tokyo Blade, Manowar, Apollo Ra, Persian Risk, White Wizzard, Enforcer, Cauldron.... ) , I also listen to thrash, speed, some doom, black and a tiny little bit ob death metal. Oh and I also like 80's hard rock and hair metal. :) From other music I like classical (I especially love Bach - The Art Of Fugue) and some relaxing music (Loreena McKennitt).
I make metal accessories - cuffs, bracelets, necklaces, watches. You can see what I do here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/JadedSpade
I also play guitar and sing (not at the same time :D).
My favorite festival is Keep It True. I also like Hammer Of Doom very much. Other from that, I have visited Metalcamp (in my homeland), Metal Mania (also in Slovenia, a small local festival) and Bang Your Head.

Hails to all of you!

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:07 am 

So many people post on this one thread and then are never to be heard from again..

My Ebay Store

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:43 am 

americanholocaust wrote:
So many people post on this one thread and then are never to be heard from again..

Normally cause they're second post involves what music you masturbate to :-P

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:28 pm 

They're usually catched by the noob police chief in his tank.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:53 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
They're usually catched by the noob police chief in his tank.

Law just don't go round here law dawg.

My Ebay Store

zege
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:06 pm 

Hello comrads,

I'am new on the site and from the Netherlands (so excuse my spelling sometimes)
I visit this site since a year or so but I just made this account, the site is great i have found a lot of band information here and even new bands.

Greetings,
Zege

ravagingthemassacred
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:08 am 

Hello all!
I'm a 19 year old from Washington state who started listening to metal about a year ago. I grew up with a luke warm attitude towards music, listening to my parent's Christian rock or radio pop with an Eminem-obsession thrown in, until about 1.5 years ago a friend introduced me to rock music. Changed me. It took half a year to develop an interest in metal, and now a year later I am deep in love and furthering my horizons with the aid of this incredibly helpful site.
I mainly listen to black and folk with healthy doses of death, power, funeral doom, and thrash. Some top picks are Burzum, Abigor, Storm, Isengard, Satyricon, Bathory, Elvenking, Manegarm, Sacramentum, Mayhem, Nokturnal Mortum, Septic Flesh, and Anaal Nathrakh. Non-metal wise I love ambient, folk and a good amount of rock.
See you in the forums :)

Mr Ferocious
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:28 am 

Hey, I'm a 17 year old from Northampton, which is pretty much the middle of England.
I listen to a lot of thrash, death, progressive and traditional metal with a healthy amount of Motorhead. Black metal also magics its way into my playlist, kinda like an evil Santa. Punk, various forms of rock and blues also emanates from my speakers, along with Erasure (and what?)

Edmund Blackadder

PillarofModern
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:59 pm 

Welcome to the best forum ever. I never post stuff, thats why im a "mallcore" kid

Miss Rosenrot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:51 am 

Hello all,

I'm a 21 year old female metal fan from North Carolina, US. I've been listening to metal since around the age of 14. I'm here to expand my tastes and find new bands. I listen to most types of metal, except for black, grindcore, and possibly some others. But, I never really know, perhaps I just haven't sampled enough to find bands I like in these certain subgenres. I like Opeth, Insomnium, Disarmonia Mundi, Soilwork, Scar Symmetry, In Flames, Gojira, Animals as Leaders, Periphery, Meshuggah, Mastodon, Shadows Fall, Static-X, Amon Amarth, Tool, Death Angel, Isis, Pelican, Jesu, Metallica, Dark Tranquility, At the Gates, Carcass, Paradise Lost, Dir En Grey, Maximum the Hormone, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Queen, Deftones, System of a Down...and many, many more--you get the idea, a lot of bands across the spectrum.

I also like other types of music, though metal is my favorite and the one that is most relevant here ^^

Likes include: Dexter, Anime & Manga, Adult Swim, foreign languages, self defense (hopefully martial arts soon), reading, video games if I ever have the time and/or money again. Alcohol, cozy bars and fun ones, and so on.

Freut mich. Pleased to meet you.

Miss Rosenrot

Neutrino
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:29 pm 

Hey guys. No one cares about my info so I shall post my top 10 metal bands.

1. Voivod
2. Burzum
3. Neurosis
4. Melvins
5. In the Woods...
6. Death
7. Nine Inch Nails
8. maudlin of the Well
9. Tiamat
10. Deftones

My actual top 10 probs only has about 3 metal bands but tsall good I love it.

~Guest 271807
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm 

Never introduced myself. I joined to keep up with my CD collection and write the occasional review. I love to write. I have a blog. I'm a staffer at globaldomination.se. Horns.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:30 pm 

Miss Rosenrot wrote:
Hello all,

I'm a 21 year old female metal fan from North Carolina, US. I've been listening to metal since around the age of 14. I'm here to expand my tastes and find new bands. I listen to most types of metal, except for black, grindcore, and possibly some others. But, I never really know, perhaps I just haven't sampled enough to find bands I like in these certain subgenres. I like Opeth, Insomnium, Disarmonia Mundi, Soilwork, Scar Symmetry, In Flames, Gojira, Animals as Leaders, Periphery, Meshuggah, Mastodon, Shadows Fall, Static-X, Amon Amarth, Tool, Death Angel, Isis, Pelican, Jesu, Metallica, Dark Tranquility, At the Gates, Carcass, Paradise Lost, Dir En Grey, Maximum the Hormone, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Queen, Deftones, System of a Down...and many, many more--you get the idea, a lot of bands across the spectrum.

I also like other types of music, though metal is my favorite and the one that is most relevant here ^^

Likes include: Dexter, Anime & Manga, Adult Swim, foreign languages, self defense (hopefully martial arts soon), reading, video games if I ever have the time and/or money again. Alcohol, cozy bars and fun ones, and so on.

Freut mich. Pleased to meet you.

Miss Rosenrot

Wow, I like you already :-P

Have a great time in the forums!

Edit: Finally, not a metal newbie anymore! I'm now a Metalhead! :headbang:

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

Spirit_of_noise
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:31 pm 

Hello, people. I'm a dude from Greece. I like industrial, prog and groove metal stuff, but I'm open to any kind of suggestion. I'm here to discuss the bands I like and submit reviews to the site.

Fave bands of mine that have a page here: Godflesh, Strapping Young Lad, Ministry, Fear Factory, Hacride, Gojira, Mastodon.

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:36 pm 

Spirit_of_noise wrote:
Hello, people. I'm a dude from Greece. I like industrial, prog and groove metal stuff, but I'm open to any kind of suggestion. I'm here to discuss the bands I like and submit reviews to the site.

Fave bands of mine that have a page here: Godflesh, Strapping Young Lad, Ministry, Fear Factory, Hacride, Gojira, Mastodon.

Welcome to MA, have a sacrificial offering in your honor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kBZe4rTK4Y

Miss Rosenrot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:48 pm 

IntoNevermore wrote:

Wow, I like you already :-P

Have a great time in the forums!

Edit: Finally, not a metal newbie anymore! I'm now a Metalhead! :headbang:

Thanks! See you in the forums! ^_^

Bruce500
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:11 am 

Hey, I'm a 15 year old metalhead from a small town in northern Idaho. I'm pretty much the youngest kid on my regional scene, but nobody seems to care, since apparently I look and act a lot older than I am. I used to play bass in a blackened death metal band called Devoured Soul, and just recently I'm trying to from a technical death metal band. My tastes in metal tent to gravitate mostly towards death metal, folk metal, and melodeath. I'm also really into some power metal, symphonic metal, black metal, traditional thrash, anything but metalcore and nu-metal.
Check out my last.fm profile! But don't trust it completely, it doesn't pick up everything I listen to. http://www.last.fm/user/BruceBales

ineedajob
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:16 am 

Hi, I'm a 18 year old headbanger in a small town in Western Pennsylvania. I joined here because I need to talk to some metal brethren because there's literally NO metal scene in Beaver Falls, it's all rap and electronic and I despise rap, And whatever "metal" bands there are, they're always this "core" or neo nu metal stuff which I also hate with heated passion. I'm semi shit at guitar but that's because I'm lazy. I like a lot of old school death metal, folk metal, black metal, prog metal, and shred stuff as well as some ambient stuff as well.

Inundium
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:11 am 

Hey!
I'm my self most of the time. I'm a girl from one of the metal capitols of Europe: Oslo, Norway. Listen to almost anything ending with metal, but I do have some favourites:

SLAYER
ENSLAVED
AMON AMARTH
PAIN OF SALVATION
DEAD SOUL TRIBE
ICED EARTH
GOATWHORE
GHOST
IN FLAMES
ENTOMBED
VREID
KATATONIA
AURA NOIR
OPETH
DØDHEIMSGARD
MERCIFUL FATE
A bit schizo mix I guess. Work all week and drink beer with friends on weekends, see a bunch of concerts, go to metal festivals. And, no, I'm not blonde. :evil:

kurtdarkholme
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:57 pm 

Hi guys.
I'm a 16 yo metalhead from Illinois.
I mainly listen to Death, Thrash, and Speed Metal, along with some classic rock, rap, and game/anime music.
No, I'm not a weeaboo. :-P
I'd list my favorite bands but there's too many.
I have been listening a lot of Death, Vader, Behemoth, and Skeletonwitch lately.
So there's that.

Aaaaanyway, that's about it. Peace. :)

ThaCorrupted
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:16 pm 

Hey everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself. Had this site bookmarked for a while now and dropped in every now and then but I just got around to setting up an account. I'd sort of been using this site as an alternative to Wikipedia for finding new metal to listen to and I'm starting to like how in depth everything is. Anyway, as a newbie on here I'll probably just devote most of my time spent here learning as much as I can about metal. I've always had a passion for it but I'm too uncoordinated to actually play an instrument so simply listening will have to do. Since this site has contributed so much to my music collection I think it's only fair that I try and contribute back so I'll try and be as much help as possible (might not be much) but if I ever see a good band or some info missing I'll try and fill in the blanks with what I know. Thanks for reading, hope you all have a brutal day.

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:39 am 

ThaCorrupted wrote:
Hey everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself. Had this site bookmarked for a while now and dropped in every now and then but I just got around to setting up an account. I'd sort of been using this site as an alternative to Wikipedia for finding new metal to listen to and I'm starting to like how in depth everything is. Anyway, as a newbie on here I'll probably just devote most of my time spent here learning as much as I can about metal. I've always had a passion for it but I'm too uncoordinated to actually play an instrument so simply listening will have to do. Since this site has contributed so much to my music collection I think it's only fair that I try and contribute back so I'll try and be as much help as possible (might not be much) but if I ever see a good band or some info missing I'll try and fill in the blanks with what I know. Thanks for reading, hope you all have a brutal day.

The Archives is the best metal database on the net, without a single doubt. And the forum is one of the best online metal communities that exists..

My Ebay Store

XenoGod
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:24 pm 

Hi from the north of germany!
I'm a middle-thirty aged metalhead and a frequent visitor of the Metal-Archives since a long period of time. First of all, I want to give a big "Thank you!" to the founders and the users of this site as well for the hard work & time they've spent to make the Archives what they are today! Cannot count the times I stopped buy here to gather informations around the bands I like and/or got introduced to, you rule!

Cheers and horns up for a good time here!

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:33 pm 

XenoGod wrote:
Hi from the north of germany!
I'm a middle-thirty aged metalhead and a frequent visitor of the Metal-Archives since a long period of time. First of all, I want to give a big "Thank you!" to the founders and the users of this site as well for the hard work & time they've spent to make the Archives what they are today! Cannot count the times I stopped buy here to gather informations around the bands I like and/or got introduced to, you rule!

Cheers and horns up for a good time here!

It's always cool to have new veterans in this place, especially when they're from the same country as legends like Sodom or Helloween (just to name a couple of examples)! Enjoy your stay here, Xeno!

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:05 pm 

@Xlxlx Holy shit, I started a month earlier than you, go on every day, and you have a custom title. What's your secret?
Seriously, I would like to see you become a mod someday.
So you go to a show, and you can't mosh... who cares. Are you there to run into people or to listen to the music? If you want to run into people go to the mall and run through groups of mall goths or something for fun.

TIMJ Profile

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 156  Next