Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ArtificialStupidity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:24 pm 

I have the whole thing ready, but it just needs some finetuning so what you're hearing here is just the intro. It's supposed to be orchestral, but my synths suck goat anus so there's only piano reduction. I promise, when I get a real orchestra or some better synths you'll be able to hear it as I hear it. Hope you like it. I have another project which is more personal, it's where my main focus is. It's the large-scale project I talked about. I decided to take a break from it and this is what happened. Criticism is appreciated :)

http://soundcloud.com/dewfluor/project

Last edited by ArtificialStupidity on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:52 pm 

I dig it! I liked that motif at 0:26 and the rest after it. The intro sounded just a little bit dodgy, but I still like the piece. I have to admit that I haven't kept up with your posts in the "what are you up to" thread, so would you mind telling us what this is about?

ArtificialStupidity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:11 pm 

kingnuuuur wrote:
I dig it! I liked that motif at 0:26 and the rest after it. The intro sounded just a little bit dodgy, but I still like the piece. I have to admit that I haven't kept up with your posts in the "what are you up to" thread, so do you mind telling us what this is about?

I know this sounds boring but it's just an orchestral sideproject of mine. It only gets better from here. There will be a choir section and epicness. The whole thing could be arranged as a metal song if I found people willing to play it. I like the intro myself, I wanted it to give this "Oh fuck" feel.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:17 pm 

I said in the musician's thread how much I enjoyed it. I wasn't sure if it was just the piano playing what guitars would but if it meant for piano it's great. def would like to hear a completed piece.

ArtificialStupidity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:28 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I said in the musician's thread how much I enjoyed it. I wasn't sure if it was just the piano playing what guitars would but if it meant for piano it's great. def would like to hear a completed piece.

That's something I still have to ponder on. For instance, in the orchestral version the melody at 0:26 would be assigned to violin but in the metal remake it could be replaced by guitar. Generally speaking guitars would always follow the bass line, with some exceptions.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:10 am 

Good stuff. You have a great ear for composing classical stuff.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

ArtificialStupidity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:20 am 

Thanks!

Animicantus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:03 pm 

This sounds super Mozart esque. I'll wait for the orchestral release to make a call, but I find Mozart to be incredibly dull compared to Haydn, Beethoven, and basically any Romantic composer. Still, I'll reserve my judgement until I hear the final product.

defyexistance wrote:
It also sounds like he says "The raven licks my asshole" as the first vocal line there. It never fails to crack me up.

ArtificialStupidity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:22 am 

I can't really hear the resemblances to Mozart, judging from the little amount of pieces I've heard from him.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:49 am 

The only part that sounds Mozart-ish is the one at 0:39. Otherwise, I wouldn't say that there are any resemblances. In fact, I'd say that the track sounds more jazz-oriented than classical.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:59 am 

To me it reminded me more of modern composers. Babbit came to mind, minus it being a treated piano.

ArtificialStupidity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:04 pm 

I thought of scrapping 0:49 - 1:00 and replacing it by something else, but I was unsure so I let it stay. The part before that sounds okay to me, the melody would be played by violin. Well here's the full song.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:45 am 

Hey man, this is pretty damn good. The piano is amazing. The synths could be a bit better at a few points, but its hardly noticeable. It would sound great with an orchestra.

ArtificialStupidity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:40 pm 

Hey, thanks! :)

Reply to topic