Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:18 pm 
 

Carnival of Carnage:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Car ... nage/84528

I'm admittedly too lazy to go through his entire discog, but all the stuff I'm finding on YouTube is predominantly non-metal goregrind, and I can speak for Where's the Beef? sounding like these as well, since I own it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AJ0ZetXElo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMeroMIvd9w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzDQ95GPXHM
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:52 am 
 

Deleted Carnival of Carnage, For the Fallen Dreams and Mornament. I'm a bit unsure about Jelaga, maybe another mod could listen to them. Entire EP streamable here.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:18 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Deleted Carnival of Carnage

They had quite a number of releases, how did you know they were all unacceptable? Did you listen to them all...? One might've been sufficiently metallic.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:30 am 
 

I doubt it, considering I've listened to a good four or five releases today spanning his discog and they all sounded the stuff I linked. :| If someone can prove that the band released something with actual metal riffs, they'll be readded, simple as that.
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:31 am 
 

Alhadis wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
Deleted Carnival of Carnage

They had quite a number of releases, how did you know they were all unacceptable? Did you listen to them all...? One might've been sufficiently metallic.

I very much doubt it. What I heard from the two full-lengths didn't remotely cut it, neither one split and what Noktorn had to say in a review about another split was no different.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:34 am 
 

Fair enough. ;-) At least this time if they do get readded, we'll still have the submission notes to go by to know which release gained them entry.

Was just making sure.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Doomsday
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:30 pm
Posts: 740
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
I'm a bit unsure about Jelaga, maybe another mod could listen to them. Entire EP streamable here.

Jelaga stays.
_________________
let sweet vengeance reign | Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 600
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:29 pm 
 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/AmisegardauQ/47441

Been searching around for info on their demo to add it to the discography, but the few things I'm finding on it all refer to it as an "unreleased rehersal demo". Google Image searches turn up nothing on the demo. Basically the only thing out there is a YouTube clip of an untitled track fromm the demo (which also referes to it as unreleased.
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:05 am 
 

I've deleted Pinkly Smooth (that avant-garde thingy with Synyster Gates in it). Wrongly accepted by me in May 2011. Not that much metal in there.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Doomsday
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:30 pm
Posts: 740
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:51 am 
 

Deleted D.O.G. AKA Death of Gods. Hardcore punk.
_________________
let sweet vengeance reign | Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
GraveWish
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 am
Posts: 950
Location: France
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:19 pm 
 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Kri ... 3540342082 sounds like a symphonic version of Evanescence
_________________
Quote:
As their material is being released in quantities more than 20 home dubbed tapes, the band has been removed from the Metal-Archives.

Top
 Profile  
The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 188
Location: India
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:27 am 
 

I had a band called Age after Armageddon a year back but later i told the mods to delete the band.
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Age ... 3540339569
Reason was that Cd they were selling were burned cd's from the pc...

oogboog added them again...so please remove the band..
and please ignore this blog they have posted on myspace that says *cd's for sale in local area only*...
I also added the band on that proof...

http://www.myspace.com/ageafterarmageddon/blog

Top
 Profile  
Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 1531
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:34 am 
 

Burned cd's qualify as a physical release. What is your point?

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:01 pm 
 

It doesn't matter if the CDs are distributed locally or globally; if they were given to the public, it qualifies as "physical distribution".

End of chapter.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 188
Location: India
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:02 pm 
 

Porman wrote:
Burned cd's qualify as a physical release. What is your point?


My point is those burned Cd's were not official..Actually the two singles were released for free download and few local guys copied the songs into cd's and gave their friends..
So, it's not official release from the band..so how do they qualify for acceptance here?

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:05 pm 
 

The_Black_Priest wrote:
My point is those burned Cd's were not official..Actually the two singles were released for free download and few local guys copied the songs into cd's and gave their friends..
So, it's not official release from the band..so how do they qualify for acceptance here?

If that's true they wouldn't qualify.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 188
Location: India
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:11 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
The_Black_Priest wrote:
My point is those burned Cd's were not official..Actually the two singles were released for free download and few local guys copied the songs into cd's and gave their friends..
So, it's not official release from the band..so how do they qualify for acceptance here?

If that's true they wouldn't qualify.


Yes, it's true...That's why I informed the mods to delete them after I added them a year back..

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:26 pm 
 

Can you explain this, then...?

Age After Armageddon wrote:
Our 1st Demo CD is out now.
CD available only in local area. :D


Doesn't seem like it's too "unofficial" if you've gone and announced it on your own band's MySpace.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 188
Location: India
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:40 pm 
 

Alhadis wrote:
Can you explain this, then...?

Age After Armageddon wrote:
Our 1st Demo CD is out now.
CD available only in local area. :D


Doesn't seem like it's too "unofficial" if you've gone and announced it on your own band's MySpace.



That was some accidental blog..that blog doesn't highlight the true story...one of the band member told me to remove the page...he said those cd's are unofficial..that's why i bought up the thing here and deleted the band in the 1st place..

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:43 pm 
 

So, let me get this straight... your bandmate allowed the demo CDs, then changed his mind, and wanted it *taken down*?
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 188
Location: India
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:56 pm 
 

Alhadis wrote:
So, let me get this straight... your bandmate allowed the demo CDs, then changed his mind, and wanted it *taken down*?


No no...He wanted to make CD's but due to shortage of money he couldn't...so he gave them for free download...
And few of the guys downloaded the songs and made burned Cd's out of it...

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:59 pm 
 

I've left a post on your band's Facebook. Answer it and it'll prove you're connected to the band; and I'll take the band page down.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 188
Location: India
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:07 pm 
 

Alhadis wrote:
I've left a post on your band's Facebook. Answer it and it'll prove you're connected to the band; and I'll take the band page down.


Dude, they will answer...good that you left a post there..I am not a band member...that band is my friends band...

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:09 pm 
 

The_Black_Priest wrote:
I had a band called Age after Armageddon a year back but later i told the mods to delete the band.

Sorry, with "I had a band" it kinda sounded like you were an ex-member.

But yeah, once I get an informed response from the band, then we'll see about taking it down.

EDIT: Okay, they've replied. I've removed the band.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 188
Location: India
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:30 pm 
 

Alhadis wrote:
The_Black_Priest wrote:
I had a band called Age after Armageddon a year back but later i told the mods to delete the band.

Sorry, with "I had a band" it kinda sounded like you were an ex-member.

But yeah, once I get an informed response from the band, then we'll see about taking it down.

EDIT: Okay, they've replied. I've removed the band.


You got the reply nah...so, will it be deleted now??

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:05 pm 
 

The_Black_Priest wrote:
You got the reply nah...so, will it be deleted now??

Didn't you read? ;) I just said I removed it...
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 188
Location: India
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:39 pm 
 

Alhadis wrote:
The_Black_Priest wrote:
You got the reply nah...so, will it be deleted now??

Didn't you read? ;) I just said I removed it...


Hehe..yeah..I overlooked your message..:P
Thanks anyway...hope in future they won't be accepted unless they release some real physical material..

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9628
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:23 am 
 

Nuked Kristalida for being garbage Evanescence worship.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:48 am 
 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Crooked X:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Crooked_X/119951
Their new stuff is Nickelback-styled hard rock/nu metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgxUkkG6EOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ2Va6Ll48k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEvHwg2_Ypc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oLUmNZZWWQ
I can only find two songs from their first full-length (which was the only album they had released at the time of submission), but one sums up the more hard rock moments of Motley Crue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJmT0mBS ... re=related
...and the other is still relatively hard rock-ish, though with some more metal leanings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBIOzfSv ... re=related

Unless someone can prove that the rest of the songs from the debut are heavy in a way that doesn't sound like jumpdafuckup, I'd say they need to go.

Bumparoo.
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 600
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:22 am 
 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/AmisegardauQ/47441

Been searching around for info on their demo to add it to the discography, but the few things I'm finding on it all refer to it as an "unreleased rehersal demo". Google Image searches turn up nothing on the demo. Basically the only thing out there is a YouTube clip of an untitled track fromm the demo (which also referes to it as unreleased.


Anything? I wondered if there happened to be some moderation notes or the like that were included in the submission to prove it really was released.
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
GraveWish
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 am
Posts: 950
Location: France
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:14 am 
 

Morrigan wrote:
Nuked Kristalida for being garbage Evanescence worship.


:hyper: it's one of the first times we agree on something :lol:
_________________
Quote:
As their material is being released in quantities more than 20 home dubbed tapes, the band has been removed from the Metal-Archives.

Top
 Profile  
Helvede
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:28 pm
Posts: 1419
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:25 pm 
 

MalignantThrone wrote:
MalignantThrone wrote:
Crooked X:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Crooked_X/119951
Their new stuff is Nickelback-styled hard rock/nu metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgxUkkG6EOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ2Va6Ll48k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEvHwg2_Ypc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oLUmNZZWWQ
I can only find two songs from their first full-length (which was the only album they had released at the time of submission), but one sums up the more hard rock moments of Motley Crue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJmT0mBS ... re=related
...and the other is still relatively hard rock-ish, though with some more metal leanings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBIOzfSv ... re=related

Unless someone can prove that the rest of the songs from the debut are heavy in a way that doesn't sound like jumpdafuckup, I'd say they need to go.

Bumparoo.


I agree. Not metal at all.

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9628
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:27 am 
 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/AmisegardauQ/47441

Been searching around for info on their demo to add it to the discography, but the few things I'm finding on it all refer to it as an "unreleased rehersal demo". Google Image searches turn up nothing on the demo. Basically the only thing out there is a YouTube clip of an untitled track fromm the demo (which also referes to it as unreleased.


Anything? I wondered if there happened to be some moderation notes or the like that were included in the submission to prove it really was released.

Submitted in 2005, so no, the submission notes field wasn't even around then. Is Star-gazer still active at all? Maybe someone should contact him...
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 600
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:31 am 
 

Morrigan wrote:
Is Star-gazer still active at all?


Doesn't appear to be. Hasn't made any modifications since the switch to V2.
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9628
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:07 am 
 

Should we delete Hellyeah? The band came up in the chat (as part of a discussion about an excessively bad Australian metal mallcore festival), so I was checking out the reviews just for laughs... and several of them said it was nu-metal. It's Vinnie Paul's full-time and only active band so it's not a side-project thing. I can't be arsed to listen to the album(s), but I'm thinking "southern groove metal" is probably not all that accurate based on the reviews...?
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 600
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:48 am 
 

Morrigan wrote:
Should we delete Hellyeah? The band came up in the chat (as part of a discussion about an excessively bad Australian metal mallcore festival), so I was checking out the reviews just for laughs... and several of them said it was nu-metal. It's Vinnie Paul's full-time and only active band so it's not a side-project thing. I can't be arsed to listen to the album(s), but I'm thinking "southern groove metal" is probably not all that accurate based on the reviews...?


As a Hellyeah fan, I think I can help with that one. The music itself sounds like a mix of elements from southern, groove and thrash metal with some instances of nu metal scattered throughout (mainly in the form of breakdowns). However, the vocals themselves are straight nu metal with a southern accent, courtesy of Chad Gray, who fronted nu metal band Mudvayne.

As for the side project thing, the only way that could pass is if it's considered a side project of Bobzilla, since he's in Orphaned to Hatred, who are also in the archive.

Then again, I'm not a moderator, so I'd suggest one of you take a listen for a final opinion.
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:21 am 
 

Sounds like "southern groove metal" to me. Definitely not my thing, but more metal than rock. Certainly doesn't sound like Soulfly.

I say it passes, albeit tentatively.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:37 pm 
 

Okay, I hate having to do this, since I love the band, but... I think you guys should consider deleting Cock and Ball Torture.

From what I understand, they were supposedly deemed to be pornogrind until they released their last album Egoleech, which was considered to be brutal death metal; but Egoleech is not a metal album - it's an evolution from Sadochismo, sure, but it's still a pornogrind album with the occasional slam rhythm and basically is no more metal than the previous album. From what I've heard of the band they have virtually no metal riffs at all... I'd say, to be fair to the other pornogrind bands like Rompeprop and GUT, that they need to go. :(

(NOTE: I haven't listened to Opus(sy) VI, so if that album is metal I don't know about it. The mods should definitely listen to it to make sure.)
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them


Last edited by MalignantThrone on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:46 pm 
 

Opus(sy) VI isn't a metal release, either. Cock and Ball Torture's inclusion on MA admittedly puzzles me as well.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9628
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:18 pm 
 

WTF, are you kidding me? It was initially blacklisted, and yet people kept pestering us to accept it... then eventually Witcher caved in a few years ago and said one of their albums was death metal. I never bothered to listen to it, but this is really annoying now.

And based on MetalCuresHeadaches's description of Hellyeah (you're a fan? really? sheesh, the reviews are universally negative :lol:), I'm thinking they aren't acceptable at all. (Sorry, Alhadis, but I'm going to disregard your opinions on metalness...)
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 62  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group