Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
odinallfather
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:06 pm 

IX Leviathan wrote:
Sounds like you're looking for something like The Chasm's Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm. Doomy death metal with some melodies thrown in here and there alongside some long, well composed songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c43fj53duJU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GpU3SLU ... re=related

Aye, this is a mighty fine recommendation, I am very intrigued! Gonna listen to this album for sure as soon as I can! Many thanks, dear sir!

THE WORLD HAS MOVED ON

asmfc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:14 pm 

Hello,

I am looking for some death metal that has a lot of and long doomy parts with a lot of squeaky or high sounding leads and since my description is not so good :-D i will provide you with a link to a song that sounds like what im looking for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndNDatBNzE4.
Thanks in advance

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:29 pm 

asmfc wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for some death metal that has a lot of and long doomy parts with a lot of squeaky or high sounding leads and since my description is not so good :-D i will provide you with a link to a song that sounds like what im looking for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndNDatBNzE4.
Thanks in advance

Not doomy at all but given that you mention Brutality you might want to check out Disincarnate. It does have James Murphy on axe duty after all! ;)

asmfc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:29 pm 

Thanks but I already know about Disincarnate.
I guess doomy was not a good wording, but what i meant and what i am looking for is songs with those long slow tempo passages like that brutality song with the same kind of leads.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:47 am 

asmfc wrote:
Thanks but I already know about Disincarnate.
I guess doomy was not a good wording, but what i meant and what i am looking for is songs with those long slow tempo passages like that brutality song with the same kind of leads.

Are you also aware of Monstrosity? Their first albums are very much in the same vein as well. Maybe I'm just giving out well known names, let us know what type of bands you already know and like, it'll be easier to rec new ones. ;)

asmfc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:54 pm 

Well I like mostly bands with one album or a few releases I dont know why, but you know about Brutality and Disincarnate, I like Morgue, Afterlife, Viogression (love the first album), Massacre, Disma, Morta Skuld, Autopsy, Obituary stuff like that.
About Monstrosity I know who they are, but never really got to checking them out, will do that.

WhereSlimeLive
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:42 pm 

The whole Morbid Angel discussion just kind of put me in the mood for some "Domination" once again, and now I need some more slow and sludgy death metal like that. You've got some suggestions for me?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:28 pm 

WhereSlimeLive wrote:
The whole Morbid Angel discussion just kind of put me in the mood for some "Domination" once again, and now I need some more slow and sludgy death metal like that. You've got some suggestions for me?

Jungle Rot, Banished, Baphomet. Pick one! :p

asmfc wrote:
Well I like mostly bands with one album or a few releases I dont know why, but you know about Brutality and Disincarnate, I like Morgue, Afterlife, Viogression (love the first album), Massacre, Disma, Morta Skuld, Autopsy, Obituary stuff like that.
About Monstrosity I know who they are, but never really got to checking them out, will do that.

Be sure to check out their first couple of albums especially, although I like everything up to Spiritual Apocalypse. I can also recommend some Incantation, Purtenance and Rippikoulu since you like Disma. You might also dig Demigod's debut.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:29 pm 

naxe wrote:
IntoNevermore wrote:
Hi guys, I'm looking for really fast Death metal, could be melodic or technical as long it has loads of fast drums, think of Fleshgod Apocalypse, First Fragment and even Despised Icon could work.

Already know, Origin, Hour of Penance, Behemoth, Decapitated and Man Must Die

Thanks! :-D

Hatred - the bleeding architecture

try these guys, fast death metal from Italy, this album came out in 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o2w3v49KHM

this song even has some bits of orchestral stuff in the middle

This is actually not bad. Would like to hear more than what I've found so far, but promising and worth a listen to anyone who likes death metal. Thanks for the tip.

asmfc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:24 am 

asmfc wrote:

Be sure to check out their first couple of albums especially, although I like everything up to Spiritual Apocalypse. I can also recommend some Incantation, Purtenance and Rippikoulu since you like Disma. You might also dig Demigod's debut.[/quote]

Thank you good sir! Purtenance and Incantation are really some fine death metal, next up is Monstrosity but from what I heard from youtube I can say I like it

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:25 pm 

Are Acheron (USA) any good?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:08 pm 

colin040 wrote:
Are Acheron (USA) any good?

That's debatable, but from a personal point of view I find them to be pretty average. There's much better stuff in that register.

PS: Try some old Sacred Sin from Portugal. ;)

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:11 am 

WhereSlimeLive wrote:

I'd say Funebrarum's debut is one of the best slower, sludgier death metal albums I've heard. Especially the epic 8 minute song "Miasma of Pestilence." Also, I'd suggest most of Coffins' material as well, although they are death/doom, if that's okay.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:28 pm 

does anyone know of any death metal that uses fretless bass, like Obscura?

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:14 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:

Check out Dominic Lapointe's discography. He's with about quite a few different bands that utilize fretless bass.

Augury
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DPW9ED1WBs
Beyond Creation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeVtjpnj ... re=related
Quo Vadis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-boJzrCNjE
Atheretic (I don't think he utilizes fretless with these guys, although I may be wrong)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unHLbUy5Ulg
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

usernamepassword
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:26 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:

Pestilence's albums Spheres and Doctrine have fretless bass

also Death used it on Individual Thought Patterns when Steve DiGiorgio was in the band

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:06 pm 

OH shit you're right Pestilence used it at one point as well I'd forgotten!!

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:27 am 

I'm looking for mainly OSDM or alternatively experimental death metal (but never deathcore or faceless tech shit!) with highly diverse styles of vocals, ranging from low gutturals to high shrieks/screeches and with many things in between. Aside the typical Lord Worm example I'll mention the Czech band Melancholy Pessimism whose debut album I have, where there are cupped growls, screeches, screams, hardcore yells, even some cleans I think.

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:50 am 

Maybe Execration - Odes of the Occult from last year. Diverse vocals arent a 'main thing' on the album, but theres some different kind of growls and whispers too.. great experimental/dissonant old school death, very worth looking at even though it isn't the best recc for crazy vocals.

Some tech shit with super diverse vocals: Psycroptic - Scepter of the Ancients, take a look even though you don't want tech.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:43 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
I'm looking for mainly OSDM or alternatively experimental death metal (but never deathcore or faceless tech shit!) with highly diverse styles of vocals, ranging from low gutturals to high shrieks/screeches and with many things in between. Aside the typical Lord Worm example I'll mention the Czech band Melancholy Pessimism whose debut album I have, where there are cupped growls, screeches, screams, hardcore yells, even some cleans I think.

You could try Contrastic, also from Czech Republic. They're more deathgrind, think of something along the lines of Brutal Truth meets !T.O.O.H.!, and come to think of it you might also enjoy the later although you probably know them already.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:44 pm 

!T.O.O.H.! I know, but Contrastic is a new name to me. Fuck, why are all Czech bands so damn insane? :lol:

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:31 pm 

I know, right?! It seems like everything they do is totally different from the rest of the world.

A friend of mine has also recommended me another crazy one, called Hypnotic Scenery that he found out thanks to Autothrall's lists on RYM. It's a weird mix of death, doom, prog, folk and whatnot, at least from what I've heard. And if you want another one (they seem to exist in endless numbers :lol:) then you can also check the metal band with the worst name in history, Love History! Check out their album Anasazi.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:35 pm 

does anyone know of any progressive extreme or black/death metal similar to Akercocke or Talanas??

BastardHead wrote:

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:28 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
I'm looking for mainly OSDM or alternatively experimental death metal (but never deathcore or faceless tech shit!) with highly diverse styles of vocals, ranging from low gutturals to high shrieks/screeches and with many things in between.

Give Frightmare and Blood Freak a shot. Lots of variety in the vocal department from both. For Frightmare check out the albums "Bringing Back the Bloodshed" and "Midnight Murder Mania." For Blood Freak check out "Multiplex Massacre" and "Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Flesh Eating Corpse" Frightmare's musical style is pretty similar on both albums but Blood Freak goes from pretty straight up lo-fi death/grind on "Live Fast..." to thrashy death/grind with a little better production on "Multiplex."
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:01 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
does anyone know of any progressive extreme or black/death metal similar to Akercocke or Talanas??

Take a look at Borgia from France, both their full length and their side of the split with Ysengrin are great.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:52 pm 

Hey guys, I'm looking for some Death Metal in the vein of Cryptopsy's "Blasphemy Made Flesh"; grindish drums, a bass that sounds clanky and extremely fast blast beats, please.

666head
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:25 am 

Hey guys, I started a thread where I asked about the current state of metal. Someone said this old-school death metal revival was pumping out good bands. Rec me some please.

I like Obituary, Autopsy, Death, Morbid Angel, Nocturnus and many others in those veins. I'd appreciate to see something similar.

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:39 pm 

Start by looking this thread through.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87429

Mechanix11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:00 pm 

hi, well im kind of new on this death metal stuff so as far i only know cannibal corpse so theres any good bands out there that recommend to me?

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:05 pm 

Mechanix11 wrote:
hi, well im kind of new on this death metal stuff so as far i only know cannibal corpse so theres any good bands out there that recommend to me?

You can read a few pages here and find a LOT of stuff, I personally would recommend you some Bolt Thrower and Immolation, like, right now.

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

Mechanix11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:37 pm 

IntoNevermore wrote:
Mechanix11 wrote:

You can read a few pages here and find a LOT of stuff, I personally would recommend you some Bolt Thrower and Immolation, like, right now.

thanks for the recommendation

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:05 am 

Can anybody recommend anything like Morpheus Descends? A really grimy evil sound from the early nineties, sort of Incantation or early Benediction? All tempos would be nice too, don't want just slow or fast..

My Ebay Store

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:18 am 

Mechanix11 wrote:

There's always Cannabis Corpse as well, really suggest you check them out. Maybe some Autopsy, Cryptopsy, Morbid Angel, and Death too? Those were the big 4 gateway bands that really got me into death metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGACfUD0 ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-CeddVf2Zc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkKOfB_g5rk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgw3mOFU2q4
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Mechanix11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:23 am 

IX Leviathan wrote:
Mechanix11 wrote:

There's always Cannabis Corpse as well, really suggest you check them out. Maybe some Autopsy, Cryptopsy, Morbid Angel, and Death too? Those were the big 4 gateway bands that really got me into death metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGACfUD0 ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-CeddVf2Zc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkKOfB_g5rk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgw3mOFU2q4

I checker Cannabis Corpse too, and thanks for the recommendations |m|

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:47 am 

americanholocaust wrote:
Can anybody recommend anything like Morpheus Descends? A really grimy evil sound from the early nineties, sort of Incantation or early Benediction? All tempos would be nice too, don't want just slow or fast..

Maybe Demigod? Slumber Of Sullen Eyes is killer.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:47 am 

Adramelech - Psychostasia, at least if you're looking for more melodies in one song than on an entire Incantation album. Other than being considerably less evil, it should suit your needs I think. You probably know Disharmonic Orchestra?

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:05 pm 

androdion wrote:
americanholocaust wrote:

Maybe Demigod? Slumber Of Sullen Eyes is killer.

Demigod is pretty perfect, actually. Thank you.

My Ebay Store

brmln
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:39 am 

americanholocaust wrote:

How about Disma? Infester?

If Demigod is perfect, then check out some of the other Finnish stuff like Convulse, Cartilage, and Adramalech. There's lot's of good stuff in that scene.

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:23 am 

brmln wrote:
americanholocaust wrote:

How about Disma? Infester?

If Demigod is perfect, then check out some of the other Finnish stuff like Convulse, Cartilage, and Adramalech. There's lot's of good stuff in that scene.

I am pretty familiar with all of those bands except Cartilage. I'll give them a listen.

My Ebay Store

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:04 am 

americanholocaust wrote:

Necrophiliacs - Chaopula: Citadel of Mirrors album would be worth checking out.
The tempos are nicely varied and it has a suitably grimy sound, some of the more rhythmic sections remind me specifically of NYDM such as Morpheus Descends and the first Pyrexia album (also well worth checking out).

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162 ... 289  Next