* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
666Thrasher666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:52 am 

OneRodeToAsaBay wrote:
666Thrasher666 wrote:
(Keep an eye out for a short guy wearing a black denim patch vest and bathory shirt!)
Anywhere else, I'd say that this would make you very identifiable. But at a black/death metal show? :lol:

Hahaha very true I should've been more descriptive, half the people there will fit that description. And I guess saying keep an eye out for the Mayhem backpatch wouldn't help either...

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:35 pm 

Burnyoursins wrote:
Unfortunately, I think there's one other dude on this forum who's from Alberta, and he doesn't live anywhere near Edmonton, as I recall.

There's a few Edmonton people floating around here I think. Are you gonna go to the Dark Funeral & Inquisition show next month?

Byrgan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:20 pm 

I guess at times I'm more of a private and reserved person but I've still managed to briefly meet Shovel and his significant other a few years ago, along with had a good chat and headbang with Mr. Noktorn at his band's show last year. And some other guy who took his life if that counts.

I'm going to be at the Them (King Diamond tribute) show this Saturday in Winter Park, FL at Haven Lounge if anyone else is going to that, we can shoot the gay or something. Or look out for the tall pale dude with long hair, glasses, eyes, nose and teeth. Or muscles, I guess if that contrasts with the other look alikes with beer guts and extra appendages stumbling around.

PhantomMullet
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:42 pm 

No, but I have come across members from here on other forums like GameFAQs. Usually they have a few reviews up, or they simply post on these forums instead. I'm sure many people can relate to this though. It's usually just a matter of recognzing their name.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:01 pm 

I thought about reviewing games on GameFAQs before (since I spend as much time playing games as I do listening to music), but the rules are super strict WE WON'T ACCEPT YOUR SHIT IF YOU BABBLE ABOUT YOURSELF FOR MORE THAN ONE SENTENCE. BE RIGID, GIVE SCORES ON THE GRAPHICS, MUSIC, GAMEPLAY, CONTROLS, ETC. NOBODY WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE, THEY WANT TO KNOW THE XS AND OS OF THE GAME AND THAT'S ALL. Fuck that shit, I'm a whole package type writer and for me, gaming is all about the experience. If I want to go on about things that piss me off about the game or why it's special to me I should be able to.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:29 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
I thought about reviewing games on GameFAQs before (since I spend as much time playing games as I do listening to music), but the rules are super strict WE WON'T ACCEPT YOUR SHIT IF YOU BABBLE ABOUT YOURSELF FOR MORE THAN ONE SENTENCE. BE RIGID, GIVE SCORES ON THE GRAPHICS, MUSIC, GAMEPLAY, CONTROLS, ETC. NOBODY WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE, THEY WANT TO KNOW THE XS AND OS OF THE GAME AND THAT'S ALL. Fuck that shit, I'm a whole package type writer and for me, gaming is all about the experience. If I want to go on about things that piss me off about the game or why it's special to me I should be able to.

I can get behind this, sterile, clinical reviews are boring, and as a gamer and metal fan I much prefer reading about the reviewer's experience with a game\album than just a description of what the product contains.

Which is why I can't stand Allmusic's reviews.

last.fm

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:39 pm 

I did 6 or 7 reviews from GameFAQs before I stopped playing games, and I did them in a more MA style and they got accepted, hell about half of them are up near the highest rated on there. They stand out a shit load, I actually feel pretty confident that my reviews on that site are better than most of the others, and that's something that I don't usally think about my own shitty writings. Of course doing something in depth and nonstructured for something as long and nuanced as a video game takes fucking ages.

AltarsInGore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:42 pm 

I wonder if there are any Vancouver and area posters here?

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:45 pm 

AltarsInGore wrote:
I wonder if there are any Vancouver and area posters here?

Me. Well sometimes anyway.

last.fm

AltarsInGore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:47 pm 

Sometimes? Been to any shows recently?

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm 

Apparently, I shared a stage with a cat that goes by unclevladistav on here. His band (Nuklearenpest) and mine (Dark Sacrament) unknowingly played a gig together about a year ago. We actually did not exchange pleasantries on that night; it was only through our individual efforts in the promotional forum that we even realized this was the case.

Don't know if it counts, but fuck it.
Obliteration

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:09 pm 

AltarsInGore wrote:

Sadly no, I said sometimes because I move around B.C a fair bit, and my family life is fairly demanding.

last.fm

fetalfeast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 pm 

So any of you all in the Delaware Valley/South Jersey?

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:41 pm 

FirebathDan wrote:
Apparently, I shared a stage with a cat that goes by unclevladistav on here. His band (Nuklearenpest) and mine (Dark Sacrament) unknowingly played a gig together about a year ago. We actually did not exchange pleasantries on that night; it was only through our individual efforts in the promotional forum that we even realized this was the case.

Don't know if it counts, but fuck it.

Haha, small world man. Something similar happened to me. Pretty crazy.

My Ebay Store

zeingard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:46 pm 

caspian wrote:
zeingard, friendly to the point of embarrasment

I wasn't that embarrassing. I remember being very awkward at the Grouper gig but I was pretty baked at Nadja which is why I could barely talk. Did I talk? I cannot remember that night too well. Guess we'll go through the whole rigmarole again at the Boris gig in March!

I've only met caspian since I haven't had the (mis)fortune of travelling the world and contacting other MA members. Most would probably prefer to shiv me at this point.

maxxpower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:32 am 

No, because I live in the middle of nowhere.

MoonPenatrator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:58 am 

It would be cool to meet someone from Glendale/La Crescenta/Burbank/Pasadena, you know, that general area. So far, no :(

PhantomMullet
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:06 am 

BastardHead wrote:

Yeah most reviews on GameFAQs are pretty amateur. Many reek of that shopping list style and usually that in no way indicates a person's experience throughout a game. You're better off seeing reviews on youtube or whatever.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:37 am 

ANationalAcrobat wrote:
Caspian left a poo in my toilet, by the way.

My job.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

AltarsInGore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:27 pm 

TheOldOne wrote:
AltarsInGore wrote:

Sadly no, I said sometimes because I move around B.C a fair bit, and my family life is fairly demanding.

That's too bad! I am quite excited for Inquisition and Antediluvian/Mitochondrion shows in the Spring. I write reviews for shows on Abort Magazine if you ever want to check them out. So far just my Mayhem review is up I believe.

Anyone else from Vancouver? I stick out like a sore thumb!

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:32 am 

CorpseFister wrote:
Burnyoursins wrote:
Unfortunately, I think there's one other dude on this forum who's from Alberta, and he doesn't live anywhere near Edmonton, as I recall.

There's a few Edmonton people floating around here I think. Are you gonna go to the Dark Funeral & Inquisition show next month?

Yeah, I was thinkin' of it. You wanna meet up for beers, or something?

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:45 am 

Well as of last night, courtesy of the Absu gig in Sydney, I was buying a beer when the guy next to me commented on my Dead Congregation shirt, he also has an American accent and was sporting a red Manilla Road shirt. I had to ask if he was on the Archives, and he is - hello cweed! Cool guy as well.

I also know MikeyC, Oliothesmall and have drunk loads of beer hung out with them, as well as The_Beast_In_Black and ImmortalShadows666. All of which are really legit guys, and know where I live :oh shit:

I've also run into MattDoom and Atrocious_Mutilation at various gigs.

My collection

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:14 am 

The Australian Metal Archives scene is incestuous, to use the first word that pops to mind.

Harlequin_Fetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 pm 

soverysorry wrote:
I've spent the last 4 months being best mates with Razakael. He hit me up on here sometime during the summer asking if I by chance happened to live in Galway, which I did, as he was coming here to study for a semester. The ensuing 4 months were spent masturbating over Darkthrone, getting piss drunk at 4pm, going to a Gorgoroth/Vader gig together, eating Supermacs and mutually fantasizing over a friend of ours. He quickly became one of my best mates and it was really tough to see him go, even brought tears to my eyes when we said our goodbye! Miss him to bits :)

Your stories!?

Never have. I have never come across anyone from Ireland on this forum till now. I live in Cork though. :o Ah sure I could meet someone someday. Need more metal friends. Only have a few.

MortalScum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:26 pm 

I met ogmetal once, but I don't think he knew/cared that I post here haha. Anyway he's pretty cool.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:02 am 

I was staring at an atlas and wondering what a bitch of a flight Australia to Iceland would be. I know Caspian has flown that connection more than once. One day you're sweltering in the summer heat and the next day or so you find yourself coming off of a long traverse so far away from home and in the bitter of winter in a country like that. That's gotta be some kind of bizarre.

Rild
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:34 am 

AltarsInGore wrote:
TheOldOne wrote:

That's too bad! I am quite excited for Inquisition and Antediluvian/Mitochondrion shows in the Spring. I write reviews for shows on Abort Magazine if you ever want to check them out. So far just my Mayhem review is up I believe.

Anyone else from Vancouver? I stick out like a sore thumb!

I'm from Van, I live in the tricities. I should check out the Mitochondrion show, its been a while since I saw one.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:27 am 

I live in Victoria and go to Vancouver a few times a year. Whereabouts in Van do you guys live?

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:36 pm 

Razakel wrote:
I live in Victoria.

I was in the Oak Bay area a couple years ago. There was a huge blizzard that happened while I was there.

last.fm

AltarsInGore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:02 am 

I live in Aldergrove, about an hour away from Vancouver.

I saw Mitochondrion last at Impiety, good fucking show! Definitely worth going to. Say hello if you do go! I'll be the only short girl with long black hair and a half sleeve of blue leopard print!

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:09 am 

Knew Rexxz before he even started on MA hell probably before MA existed.
Meet Ogmetal through Rexxx before I started actually posting though I've had the profile for awhile.
Meet wreath_of_coils after finding out he was an hour away and started jamming some death metal before I guess he got caught up doing whatever since I haven't seen him in a month or heard from him.

that's it that I know of.

cweed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:29 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Well as of last night, courtesy of the Absu gig in Sydney, I was buying a beer when the guy next to me commented on my Dead Congregation shirt, he also has an American accent and was sporting a red Manilla Road shirt. I had to ask if he was on the Archives, and he is - hello cweed! Cool guy as well.

I also know MikeyC, Oliothesmall and have drunk loads of beer hung out with them, as well as The_Beast_In_Black and ImmortalShadows666. All of which are really legit guys, and know where I live :oh shit:

I've also run into MattDoom and Atrocious_Mutilation at various gigs.

Haha thanks buddy! It was good to meet you too and other dudes from the archives! I definitely had a blast at my first Australian metal gig, looking forward to Soundwave now to check out The Devin Townsend Project, Meshuggah, Cathedral, Kvelertak, Gojira, Holy Grail, Watain, and Turisas! Any one from here planning on going?

burnroasted
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:36 pm 

hey wrote:
burnroasted wrote:
No, but there has to be someone on here that goes to Drexel.

I do, but I'm on co-op right now so I'm not in Philadelphia at the moment. There was another guy who used to post here as well.

Thats cool. I'm a fall/winter co-op also, but i'm a freshman so i haven't started yet.

Tessadar
Barbie Girl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:29 pm 

PAANKSTER wrote:
I have met ANationalAcrobat, beer_snob and Nausea. All pleasent people, except Acrobat. I recommend meeting MA'ers, one of these shared weed with me, the other beer, and the last one body fluids.

I'll be meeting tomcat_ha, ortab and failsafeman at Keep it True this year. The_Internet at this years Kill-Town Death Fest maybe.

I'll have to get there. I owe you a beard-rub.
That sentence lacks either a subject or an object, as well as a verb and punctuation.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:15 am 

zeingard wrote:
caspian wrote:
zeingard, friendly to the point of embarrasment

I wasn't that embarrassing. I remember being very awkward at the Grouper gig but I was pretty baked at Nadja which is why I could barely talk. Did I talk? I cannot remember that night too well. Guess we'll go through the whole rigmarole again at the Boris gig in March!

Oh nah, you didn't really embarrass me in front of everyone or anything, just that you were so damn polite/cheerful and stuff. It was meant more as a compliment! Musta been hella baked. OH REALLY! OH THAT'S SO INTERESTING!! *uninteresting anecdote from me* THAT IS A BRILLIANT FUCKEN STORY etc. I overexaggerate... slightly.

...Still weighing up whether I see Boris

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:39 am 

I really doubt there are any active members here from Shreveport.

However, I have met a guy who goes on here from school but I don't know what his username is...

wreath_of_coils
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:30 pm 

I did actually. I met that total waste of life known as SLK on here. What can I say, I despise the fucking creep. But he likes metal and can beat on the drums, so I can spare him a shred of mercy for the time being. We have been jamming on some sludgy, back to basics death metal.

Yes SLK, that's still on the agenda dear.

immortalshadow666
Transilvanian sandwich, mould! MOULD!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:50 pm 

I hang out multiple times a year with Beast In Black, OlioTheSmall and MikeyC. The fact that it's a plural and going should indicate fairly explicitly my general feelings towards those three. Olio definitely knows his shit. ;)

I have met CrushedRevelation, legendary bloke and absolutely knows his metal. What an impressive collection!
Atrocious_Mutilation, I've only had the pleasure once or twice, but I certainly liked him from what I gathered.
I met Alhadis once at a show (Decapitated, Origin, Misery Index). I didn't even know he was a M-A user, but I quoted something he said in my sig and found me that way. I haven't seen him since though... probably because he moved to the Netherlands :P

Met Insolent_Heretic too, that'll do on the matter.

There are others whom I've met and generally enjoyed company, but unfortunately I don't know their usernames (forgive me!!) here due to it being a long time since posting.

Darkwolf18
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:09 am 

AngeldeathGreg is a personal friend of mine... he works at the same place I take drum lessons at, but hasn't been there in a while :(
He's one of the very, VERY few metalheads in my city... as he put it, Albany is dry as a nun's cunt for metal. Unless by "metal", you mean tough-guy hardcore bullshit (which people around here CALL metal for some reason), or metal/deathcore.

TheAntagonist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:19 pm 

fetalfeast wrote:
So any of you all in the Delaware Valley/South Jersey?

Hails! from scenic Delaware County \m/

Windir - Resurrection of the Wild

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next