Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:56 pm 

Anybody know what the situation with this band is? His MySpace is gone and there has been no recent updates on the Facebook site. The first release was great and very well received and the debut full length was supposed to be released in 2011 but any mention of it has since vanished from them Northern Silence website. It would indeed be a shame if the band was no more after such a promising start.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:35 pm 

Yeah, I seem to remember talk of a full album with a second member. It would be too bad if Gallowbraid is over, I loved the debut EP, even if it was largely Agalloch worship. It was the first thing I ever reviewed for this site, actually.

Ozenrol
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:14 am 

His focus is currently on the heavy metal band Visigoth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EntmeQ0E0sw

He's got some great vocals, I recommend their demo highly. Really I like everything that Jake's been involved with, ever since hearing Elderfrost years ago.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:21 am 

Ozenrol wrote:
His focus is currently on the heavy metal band Visigoth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EntmeQ0E0sw

He's got some great vocals, I recommend their demo highly. Really I like everything that Jake's been involved with, ever since hearing Elderfrost years ago.

I was not aware of this other band and will check this out when I get home. Still, I hope he has not abandoned his work with Gallowbraid, thanks Ozenrol.

Tron_79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:54 am 

Although he said he was pretty much done with the project; from his recent facebook entries, while recording a bonus track for a vinyl reissue, it seems like he has renewed motivation in the project and will record a new full length album.....so good news for any fans of Gallowbraid.

my last.fm

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:26 pm 

Yeah, looks like hes doing Gallowbraid again. Good thing, because I hated the song I heard from his other band. He says the new track he has recorded for the vinyl version is the only Gallowbraid song he's satisfied with. Can't wait for the album.

Tron_79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:45 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:
Yeah, looks like hes doing Gallowbraid again. Good thing, because I hated the song I heard from his other band. He says the new track he has recorded for the vinyl version is the only Gallowbraid song he's satisfied with. Can't wait for the album.

Yeah, but then that gets me wondering...I really enjoyed those older Gallowbraid songs, so perhaps this new one he is satisfied with maybe quite different

my last.fm

UNCHAIN_THE_WOLVES
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:58 am 

Good news, really enjoyed Ashen Eidolon ...and the 'Earthen Throne' song... I did hope I hadn't heard the last of this project...

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:19 am 

dystopia4 wrote:

This can be good or bad, I love his old songs so if this new one is different I dont know what to expect. Obviously I have to check out this new song ASAP. :)

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:45 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
dystopia4 wrote:

This can be good or bad, I love his old songs so if this new one is different I dont know what to expect. Obviously I have to check out this new song ASAP. :)

+1. I am very keen to hear this track myself. If it is an improvement over the ep then this will be fantastic. He stated he lost interest in this type of music and put Gallowbraid on hold to focus on new projects, but because he had to write a new track (due to the early demo material being of very poor quality) for the upcoming Northern Silence vinyl release he enjoyed this more than he would realise, the ideas and passion must have started flowing again and the project taken off hold. I think he has mentioned that a full length is now in the works, lets keep the fingers crossed....

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:11 am 

STORMM wrote:

+1. I am very keen to hear this track myself. If it is an improvement over the ep then this will be fantastic. He stated he lost interest in this type of music and put Gallowbraid on hold to focus on new projects, but because he had to write a new track (due to the early demo material being of very poor quality) for the upcoming Northern Silence vinyl release he enjoyed this more than he would realise, the ideas and passion must have started flowing again and the project taken off hold. I think he has mentioned that a full length is now in the works, lets keep the fingers crossed....

Yesterday I listened to the song and I am extremely happy with the result. Perhaps, the guitar sound is a little bit too "fuzzy" and filthy but the rest is tremendous, the vocals are awesome, the melodies great and the last part of the song is simply amazing.

If the new album sounds in this way(with an improved guitar sound I hope) its going to be something epic!

Whats your opinion? :)

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:18 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
STORMM wrote:

Yesterday I listened to the song and I am extremely happy with the result. Perhaps, the guitar sound is a little bit too "fuzzy" and filthy but the rest is tremendous, the vocals are awesome, the melodies great and the last part of the song is simply amazing.

If the new album sounds in this way(with an improved guitar sound I hope) its going to be something epic!

I must be slow on the uptake PB, is the song on you tube already as I was not aware it was out?
Edit - Have you a link :thumbsup:

Tron_79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:58 pm 

Paganbasque wrote:
STORMM wrote:

I didn't think this was out yet? do you have any link to it?

my last.fm

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:48 am 

But the song is called Eathern Throne, isnt it???? if it is this song it was uploaded in youtube long time ago, here you have a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o71JNkArP8I

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:10 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
But the song is called Eathern Throne, isnt it???? if it is this song it was uploaded in youtube long time ago, here you have a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o71JNkArP8I

I dont believe this to be it Paganbasque, but I will check this out when I get home all the same. Judging by the following statement on his facebook from the 16th of July it has not been aired yet, cant wait to hear it.

16th July 2012
"I have uploaded the cover art for the Ashen Eidolon vinyl reissue that Northern Silence is putting out this fall. The reissue features an all-new track, which I will post here in streaming form when the release draws a little closer. Cheers!"

Tron_79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:12 pm 

I see the vinyl reissue of Ashen Eidolon (+ bonus track) has been released now (on his facebook). Has anyone heard the bonus track or found it online yet?

my last.fm

ArciniuM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:58 am 

Quote:
The preorder for the Ashen Eidolon vinyl reissue directly from the band will be up and running later this week (the official release date being November 30th). It will be presented in a gatefold jacket with new artwork and has been pressed on standard black vinyl as well as limited runs of gold, silver, and red vinyl. The reissue also includes an exclusive bonus track.
- From the facebook page
For those interested in Gallowbraid's future, buy this! Jake seems to be at a crossroad musically and overwhelming support could help him side with his 'better' half!

Reply to topic