Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:05 am 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Turbonegro - Apocalypse Dudes
Just fantastic punk rock n roll. Catchy, driving, powerful... their best record and a masterpiece.

Second this. One of the best records ever made!

Kent - Du & jag döden (Swedish for “You & me death”)
Swedish pop-band, that sings in swedish.
This is their darkest record. And I like every track on this album, and don't like much else by the band.

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis
As this band isn't on the archives they "don't" count as metal. And this album is wonderful ride from start to finish, and I personally think it's their most controlled and flowing record, whiteout losing their experimental strengths.

Nirvana - In Utero
Haven't listened to the whole record for some years, but I know how good it is, and it is much better than both their debut, and their breakthrough album. noisier, darker and weirder.

The Hellacopters - High Visibility
Another swedish band, and a ridiculously underrated band. One of the best straight forward rock and roll records, released in modern times. Catchy, fast and genius.

Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood
Someone might give me some shit for mentioning this record, but I honestly think it is extremely well written and executed. This was released after the shootings at Columbine and Manson is clearly effected by being labeled as a scapegoat for the event. And think all these events and the media witch-hunt, takes out the best of Manson and co. in both songwriting skills and lyrical content.

BummerHigh
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:41 am 

There are plenty of them. The essential and the obscure albums of the 70's psych/prog scene. Most of the stuff Neil Young have put out are awesome. And I really dig the 90's Brian Jonestown Massacre albums.

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:44 am 

How could I forget Neil Young's Harvest?! That album is flawless. Every song is beautiful in it's own down-home, morose, mellow way. I probably know that album more intimately than any other I've listened to it so many damn times.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:59 am 

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah wrote:
How could I forget Neil Young's Harvest?! That album is flawless. Every song is beautiful in it's own down-home, morose, mellow way. I probably know that album more intimately than any other I've listened to it so many damn times.

Definitely second this one. Absolutely awesome album. I'll throw in two more records, by the same band. Santeria's House Of The Dying Sun and Year Of The Knife. Totally mindblowingly awesome blues-rock. Dege Legg is a fucking incredible songwriter, and everything he touches turns to gold. If you're into the style, which you so should be, look no further. Intensely underrated band. And so absolutely fantastic. I cannot stress that enough.

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:07 pm 

Year of the Knife is damn cool, but it's a bit too long and could use a bit of a trimming. But there's no denying the power of "Mexico" and "Hwy to the Morning Star." What great atmospheric pieces.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:09 pm 

693 wrote:
[..]ridiculously underrated band[..]

Are they? I'd say they are pretty well-known and appreciated. Great band, of course, be it their earlier raw punk 'n' roll stuff or their more recent more melodic and polished material. "High Visibility", "By the Grace of God" and "Rock & Roll is Dead" get regular spins from me. Shame they split up.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:24 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Year of the Knife is damn cool, but it's a bit too long and could use a bit of a trimming. But there's no denying the power of "Mexico" and "Hwy to the Morning Star." What great atmospheric pieces.

Couldn't agree more about Mexico, and Hwy To The Morning Star. Incredible songs. I could see the overlength in a few of the songs, but I just can't get enough of that whole record. Anxiously awaiting the next album, whenever that'll be.

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:27 pm 

Celph-Titled's Gatalog (compilation); phenomenal and underrated hip hop artist. Don't really care for the unnecessary remix tracks and whatnot, but his lyrics and songwriting abilities just drown that bullshit out.

Immortal Technique's new mixtape The Martyr would get at least a high 90's rating. For extras and B sides, this mixtape absolutely demolishes half of the shit out there in the hip hop world today.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

GatesOfBalShaggoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:28 pm 

The Weeknd - House of Balloons

Canadian RnB singer, the Weeknd, has produced some of the best chilled Hip-hop I've heard in awhile. A friend turned me onto him a while back, and I have to admit, this album is really good. Songs like 'The Morning' and 'Glass Table Girls' are prominent on the album, and for the most part, the album is consistent with its really laid-back beats while Weeknd can get really emotional with his voice. This comes together to establish a really unique experience.

All in all, I wouldn't give this album an 100%, however, more like an 80-85%. Weeknd accomplishes what he wants to accomplish with this album, but not much else. It isn't really groundbreaking, though it is a huge difference from his first album, which wasn't really consistent at all and was more or less him experimenting with alot of different methods. Regardless, this album is strong, and proves that Weeknd is definately an artist to follow in the near future.

Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:12 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
693 wrote:
[..]ridiculously underrated band[..]

Are they? I'd say they are pretty well-known and appreciated. Great band, of course, be it their earlier raw punk 'n' roll stuff or their more recent more melodic and polished material. "High Visibility", "By the Grace of God" and "Rock & Roll is Dead" get regular spins from me. Shame they split up.

Yes, I think so... If they had been american or english, they would have been bigger on those grounds alone.

Suffersystem
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:31 am 

Xeogred wrote:
Blade Runner OST.

sick ass movie
Also, that vocal recording pic confirmed what I suspected: SLK records shirtless in a sweaty caveman-like delirium. You can almost hear the man stink in the recordings.

hnv1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:16 am 

impudent wrote:
I really like Pendulum's "Hold Your Colour" and "In Silico", even though I'm not a huge DnB fan. I also like Muse, and I really don't like saying this but Linkin Park's "Hybrid Theory" is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Origin of Symmetry is pretty 100% for me

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:47 pm 

693 wrote:
Yes, I think so... If they had been american or english, they would have been bigger on those grounds alone.

Highly doubt that. They were reasonably big, and that's more than most bands get. Ridiculously underrated is an overstatement.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:03 pm 

IX Leviathan wrote:
Celph-Titled's Gatalog (compilation); phenomenal and underrated hip hop artist. Don't really care for the unnecessary remix tracks and whatnot, but his lyrics and songwriting abilities just drown that bullshit out.

Celph is a beast, I know him mainy via Army of the Pharaohs and as such I think most of his best verses are when he's a guest or on a collab track, but I have Nineteen Ninety Now and it's really awesome. When it comes to the AOTP crew, I also love Esoteric and Apathy (all white guys, how'd that happen?), but I wouldn't give any of them a 100% on anything.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:07 pm 

Apathy is a goddamn MONSSSTEEEERRR. "Cheap Sunglasses" is just awesome.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:13 pm 

I only have Eastern Philosophy from him, but Honky Kong is probably my favorite album title ever so I've been meaning to get that one.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:29 pm 

Apathy is without a question, one of the best out there as well. I'd put him up there with the likes Celph, Immortal Tech, Ill Bill, etc. I found out about him through Army of the Pharaohs, Jedi Mind Tricks and his work on The Psycho-social (another phenomenal album, by the way). Speaking of which, I suppose you guys are familiar with Non Phixion? Used to be a five piece hip hop group, once again, all white guys go figure :P. The Future is Now would have to go down as another one of my favourite hip hop albums. "Say Goodbye to Yesterday" and "Cult Leader" are absolutely amazing.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:49 pm 

I never listened to any of the Jedi Mind Tricks albums because my least favorite rappers with AOTP are probably Vinnie Paz and Jus Allah, something about their voices rubs me the wrong way. Within their little JMT Presents stuff, I'm pretty sure they were behind King Syze's album, which I've only heard once but still liked. I also love Planetary with AOTP, so I've been meaning to hear some Outerspace stuff. I couldn't stand Demoz at first either because he was really overfeatured on Ritual of Battle and his voice was too whiny for me, but he sounded way better and wasn't as ubiquitous on The Unholy Terror, so maybe I'd like his newer stuff (though all of his choruses suck and don't flow at all, but his verses are pretty good now). I think Doap Nixon is the only one I didn't like much with AOTP but thought his solo stuff was pretty good.

Can you tell Army of the Pharaohs was my introduction to rap?

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:14 am 

Might of changed recently, but last I checked the Outerspace albums are consistently weaker then the JMT stuff, I'd try Violent by Design or The Psycho-Social... (Needlessly long album name) before writing them off. As for AotP I never could get into them out of a few songs, but I only recall mixtapes being out last time I gave them a chance. Trying some songs on youtube didn't work out, any suggestions?

And Ill Bill and Immortal Technique can't flow...Kool Keith is where its at. :)

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:23 pm 

Byrain wrote:
Might of changed recently, but last I checked the Outerspace albums are consistently weaker then the JMT stuff, I'd try Violent by Design or The Psycho-Social... (Needlessly long album name) before writing them off. As for AotP I never could get into them out of a few songs, but I only recall mixtapes being out last time I gave them a chance. Trying some songs on youtube didn't work out, any suggestions?

I agree to an extent, Tech is a better lyricist than he is a performer, and Ill Bill is way past his day. Both were my gateways to hip hop, however so they've always stuck with me as some of my favorites. Checked out Kool Keith, damn good stuff, any recs for an album to start with by him? I'm not overly knowledgeable when it comes to hip hop so I haven't really expanded my tastes within the genre and made an effort to dig deeper for other artists.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:58 pm 

Byrain wrote:

Of the three AOTP albums, I listen to the first one the least. It isn't bad, but it just doesn't stick with me much. For me, it comes down to finding your favorite members of the group and knowing which tracks feature them. From the second album, "Blue Steel" is pretty much my least favorite track because it's only Vinnie P and Jus Allah, whereas "Dump the Clip" is Planet, Eso, and Celph. It helps that the beat on the latter track is also way better, but the styles of those three just meshes perfectly.

Proof that Demoz still sucks at choruses, he kills his verse here. (Celph, Demoz, Vinnie Paz)
Probably my favorite beat of theirs, plus Celph produces for a change.(Crypt, Ap, Celph)
Can you tell Celph is my favorite? That said, this is probably his worst verse, but the other three kill it so hard that his is probably my favorite track of theirs. (Ap, King Magnetic, Eso, Celph)

And pretty much all the huge collab tracks with about six verses or more are all great.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:17 pm 

Blood Brothers was the last Outerspace album I actively purchased and listen to. They were starting to go the same route as Vinny Paz, with over-simplified lyrics and rhyme schemes. Still, they managed to be more entertaining as a team than Vinny Paz with or without a recently lobotomized Jus Allah. JMT basically died after Legacy of Blood for me. Violent By Design is and always will be one of the greatest hip hop records ever made. Perfect marriage of incredibly cinematic beats coupled with the fantasy hardcore raps of Paz and Allah.

Army of the Pharaohs' first two albums are entertaining enough for what they are. Big, violent posse cuts with hard hitting beats. They need to trim the fat though, most of those dudes are mediocre rhymers. Chief Kamachi is the best of the bunch in my opinion, with Reef right behind him. Outerspace still do their thing. Celph is always entertaining and clever. Apathy has his moments. After that it usually varies from mediocre (Kingsyze) to just awful (Esoteric).

Ill Bill in his prime with Non-Phixion is a definite force of nature. Unfortunately he's also gone the Paz route and dumbed down considerably. Cuts like Cult Leader and Black Helicopters cemented him as one of the nicest white emcees in my mind, though.

Anyone who is nurturing an interest in hip hop please do yourself a favor and check out: Kool G Rap, D.I.T.C crew (Big L being the most famous, O.C. being the most slept on and one of my all-time favorite rappers), The Roots, Organized Konfusion (No one else on the planet can do what P. Monch does with his flow), Boot Camp Clik (Black Moon, Heltah Skeltah, Smif n Wessun)...

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:20 pm 

About Immortal Technique not being a good performer/having bad flow, hes come a long way. I agree that his flow was really bad on Revolutionary Vol 1. It improved on Vol 2. I think 3rd world was when his flow and performance got really good. On his new mixtape The Martyr there is a song called Rich Man's World (1%) which shows his flow and performance has gotten amazing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2NETSIzFr8

Ill Bill is a bit hit and miss in my opinion. I really liked the song "White Nigger" (has a dragonforce sample, haha) and a few of his other songs, but he definitely has filler songs and the metal fusion can get a bit silly. I think Goretex is way better at this anyway. He has a sick song where he uses the intro (but a different version) of Death's "Zombie Ritual" as the beat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNr_DBGLkxc

As for AotP, I always liked Jedi Mind Tricks better. I fucking love Vinnie Paz's voice, being so gruff and fucked up. I like that "Heavy Metal Kings" song he did with Ill BIll. "Suicide" Is another favorite of mine, as is his "Urban Gorillas" collaboration with Sabac Red (also a great rapper, especially on his debut.)

Has anyone heard the Ex Military album by Death Grips? Really weird but one of my favorites of 2011:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtbAgynP8iY
I've been really getting into the Gas Mask album by The Left, one of the only rap albums I'd give 100% (along with Illmatic by Nas, 3rd World by Immortal Technique, Sabocalypse - A Change Gon Come by Sabac and maybe the new Logic mixtape, but I'm not sure about that one.) Gas Mask sounds really old school, with the lyrics being both political (but not over the top) and about living on the streets of Detroit. The producer is crazy and the rap is powerful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6QBE2jcXsc

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:34 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Army of the Pharaohs' first two albums are entertaining enough for what they are. Big, violent posse cuts with hard hitting beats. They need to trim the fat though, most of those dudes are mediocre rhymers. Chief Kamachi is the best of the bunch in my opinion, with Reef right behind him. Outerspace still do their thing. Celph is always entertaining and clever. Apathy has his moments. After that it usually varies from mediocre (Kingsyze) to just awful (Esoteric).

Hmm, Kamach is one of my least favorites and Eso is one of my favorites. I also think Apathy is one of the better members and Reef just kind of fades into the faceless section with Kingsyze and Crypt. We're like opposites here :lol:.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:13 pm 

Everything about Esoteric bothers me. His voice is one of the worst I've ever heard, like Kermit with an oversized tongue. His dedication to that double-time flow is a huge crutch. Outside of that he just has some really corny lyrics, "you'll get wrapped up in plastic like the fruit in fruit baskets". Seriously? Then there's calling himself Esoteridactyl all the time...I basically just hate him as a human being.

Chief Kamach on the other hand has an incredible voice, classic NY-style flow, and strikes that balance that I love between referencing obscure occult shit and general hardcore thuggery/braggadocio...basically like JMT on VBD. His first two solo albums are of a VERY high quality, with great beats to match. He actually has a group with him, Reef, State Store and Charon Don Called The JuJu Mob. Their debut album is killer.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:19 pm 

Something about Eso's voice and lisp and his absolutely unabashed nerdery appeals to me. He's always referencing videogames and Star Wars while trying to be this thug and I just love it. Plus come on, his solo stuff is great, an entire album based off Godzilla samples? That's badass.

EDIT: I'll look into Kamachi and Juju next time I'm in a rap mood.

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:19 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Byrain wrote:

Of the three AOTP albums, I listen to the first one the least. It isn't bad, but it just doesn't stick with me much. For me, it comes down to finding your favorite members of the group and knowing which tracks feature them. From the second album, "Blue Steel" is pretty much my least favorite track because it's only Vinnie P and Jus Allah, whereas "Dump the Clip" is Planet, Eso, and Celph. It helps that the beat on the latter track is also way better, but the styles of those three just meshes perfectly.

Proof that Demoz still sucks at choruses, he kills his verse here. (Celph, Demoz, Vinnie Paz)
Probably my favorite beat of theirs, plus Celph produces for a change.(Crypt, Ap, Celph)
Can you tell Celph is my favorite? That said, this is probably his worst verse, but the other three kill it so hard that his is probably my favorite track of theirs. (Ap, King Magnetic, Eso, Celph)

And pretty much all the huge collab tracks with about six verses or more are all great.

Tried those, some of it was pretty good while other parts were not, but many of the precipitants sound like they have borrowed styles and those are some of the weakest vinnie paz verses I have heard. Not any of them contained any of the same feeling as what makes Jedi Mind Tricks good. Here, give this a try.

BastardHead wrote:
Plus come on, his solo stuff is great, an entire album based off Godzilla samples? That's badass.

Ever hear of the Monster Island Czars? The best of it being the King Geedorah (MF Doom) album. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkCfPlyC ... re=related
Now that album might actually be on-topic... :p

allureoftheearth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:32 pm 

Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie
Blue October - History for Sale

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:44 pm 

allureoftheearth wrote:

Seriously? I mean, I have some liking for Obstacle #1 even though the vocal performance is quite obnoxious, but isn't the album pretty lame as a whole?

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:16 pm 

Bro, he also thinks Blue October is 100%

:puke:

Ok, ok, for my hat in the ring it would be

Today is the Day Sadness Will Prevail

One of the greatest bands to walk the planet, and easily one of the most intense. This album is a terrifying journey into the depths of Steve Austin's soul, a madman's poem for his former self. At over 2 1/2 hours this is not an easy listen, and most of the "songs" are forgettable, but when you look at the entire musical journey, it is an emotional investment. This album will tear you down to the bone and strip you of any safety you have, easily one of the most horrifying listen I've had. A Fantastic blend of metallic riffs, walls of noise, horror samples, disharmonic chords, distorted and overdriven vocals. The lyrics are that of a rambling paranoid maniac, melding overworld politics, religious fervor and extremism, philosophy, and drug fueled ramblings, they paint the perfect picture of a descent into madness, and that is exactly what this album is. It if the audible account of a man who simply collapses and is breaking down into a shell of what he used to be. Simply put, the album that certified Steve Austin as a musical genius.

Honest to God, any fan of extreme music owes it to himself to listen to this album, it will change your life.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:37 am 

Yeah Turbonegro's Apocalypse dudes and Scandinavian Leather are both pretty up there for me too. Not that I've really listened to them in years.

In addition, for a more recent album, this one really is solid and amazing by the boys in Zombi
but most of their earlier work is probably worthy of mention here too.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:03 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
allureoftheearth wrote:

Seriously? I mean, I have some liking for Obstacle #1 even though the vocal performance is quite obnoxious, but isn't the album pretty lame as a whole?

Nah, it's great. Interpol is one of my favorite alternative bands. I quite like all their stuff even if their latest self titled is not as good as the previous ones. I wouldn't rate them so high as a 100, but it's good.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:07 am 

allureoftheearth wrote:

Metantoine wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:

Nah, it's great. Interpol is one of my favorite alternative bands. I quite like all their stuff even if their latest self titled is not as good as the previous ones. I wouldn't rate them so high as a 100, but it's good.

I can't get into that album at all. The vocals are horrible. However, the band turned poppy on their next album (Antics) and to me it's up there with my favorite alternative albums. A damn good release with just about each song a stand out without taking away the feeling of a complete product.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:27 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Bro, he also thinks Blue October is 100%

:puke:

Well, I have no idea of what Blue October is, but if it sucks as much as Interpol, he really had a bad taste.

Shook
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:57 pm 

Mule Variations by Tom Waits is an easy 100%. Not one bum note, not one dull track. Every song completely immerses you in its world, and it is a much more consistent effort than albums like Rain Dogs or even Bone Machine, both of which are incredible as well. But Mule Variations completely sucks you in to this twisted world and doesn't let go.

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 pm 

HATERS BE DAMNED
For solid AOR, this is gotta be pretty close to the better albums out there, for me:

Winger - Winger (1988)

Liquid_Braino
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:39 pm 

Lydia Lunch - '13. 13'

I used to have this on vinyl ages ago but stupidly sold it after I taped it onto cassette (which I soon misplaced). Listening to it again recently after so long it still sounds as cool and baddass as ever.

It's a prime slice of "no wave" goth rock...back when goth music was post-punk and 'rock based' before the genre became flooded with music for dance clubs with fake cobwebs. Lydia delivers her disturbed lyrics in a half singing/half talking & yelling mode which works surprisingly well (especially since I find her voice naturally sexy). If she went full-blown singing or did nothing but scream then the emotional effect of the lyrics would have been compromised. The music to back her up is ace with some cool bass licks and guitars utilizing flangers like crazy. From the tribal drumming of the title track to the smooth and almost trippy "This Side Of Nowhere" there's enough variety to keep the album interesting, with "Suicide Ocean" probably being my favorite due to the great guitar riff during the chorus. "Snakepit Breakdown" has some psycho lyrics coming from a hot freak. One of my very favs from the early 80s era of music.

ZombieJesus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:41 am 

Elliot Smith's self titled.

immortalshadow666
Transilvanian sandwich, mould! MOULD!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:53 am 

At this point in time, I'd lean towards Dioxyde's "Social Phobia". Whilst I'm not knowledgeable to this style of music in any way shape or form, this is IMO the perfect combination of what makes a great dark industrial album, and I can only see it growing on me more and more over time. Cheggit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVyf24qrC54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4vFcPnIHl0

Sound Chaser
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 pm 

I don't know if "100%" would be the term I would use, but these are some non-metal albums that are pretty close to perfect if you ask me.

The Beatles - Abbey Road
Chicago - The Chicago Transit Authority
Jamiroquai - Emergency on Planet Earth
Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun
Queen - A Night at the Opera
Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs
Yes - Close to the Edge

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 43  Next