Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MsSvartmetall
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:11 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
On an unrelated note; MsSvartmetall, would you mind taking a look at the Lyrical Feedback thread? I posted something mine there, and I'd like to know your thoughts on it. I don't like spamming my stuff, but what the hell :-P

I checked it out and posted what I thought about it. :)

XJuliusX
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:49 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
MsSvartmetall about Varg Vikernes and going to concerts wrote:
Well, I didn't like him before, but I read his book, Vargsmål, and I have to say that it changed my mind. But seriously, my mother compares him to Hitler and Anders Behring Breivik.
Yeah, it's just I would love to go to concerts now, sort of meet other metalfans, instead of being a loner xD

Well, that's going kinda going overboard. There's a big difference between burning a couple of churches and killing one guy (who was also an asshole and a lunatic) and slaughtering a big number of innocent people. Damn, I can't believe I'm defending Varg :ugh:
XJuliusX wrote:
I'm new here!!! Extreme hails to everybody!!!

Hails to you equally! Is there a possibility you're a Manowar fan? :-P

Jejeje!!! Unfortunately or not (for you) I dislike Manowar!!!

MsSvartmetall
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:33 pm 

XJuliusX wrote:

How can someone dislike Manowar ? :O

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:40 pm 

MsSvartmetall wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:
On an unrelated note; MsSvartmetall, would you mind taking a look at the Lyrical Feedback thread? I posted something mine there, and I'd like to know your thoughts on it. I don't like spamming my stuff, but what the hell :-P

I checked it out and posted what I thought about it. :)

Thank you :thumbsup:

Edit: How can someone dislike Manowar? Well, they're EXTREMELY pompous, to the point that they become overwhelming. I mean, yeah, I like cheese as much as the next guy, but only if it's in a sandwich accompanied with meat and other stuff. Too much cheese alone will cause me an indigestion. So yeah, I'm with XJuliusX on this one :-P

MsSvartmetall
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:03 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Edit: How can someone dislike Manowar? Well, they're EXTREMELY pompous, to the point that they become overwhelming. I mean, yeah, I like cheese as much as the next guy, but only if it's in a sandwich accompanied with meat and other stuff. Too much cheese alone will cause me an indigestion. So yeah, I'm with XJuliusX on this one :-P

Well, I think they are very cute :3

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:12 pm 

MsSvartmetall wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:

I don't know how to answer to that :|

MsSvartmetall
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:14 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
MsSvartmetall wrote:

I don't know how to answer to that :|

Hahaha, I know, it was a weird thing to say xD

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:20 pm 

MsSvartmetall about her comment regarding Manowar wrote:

Pretty much :-P

We should stop derailing the thread, don't you think? It's not that I want to cut the conversation but, you know... THE MODS...

MsSvartmetall
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:26 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
MsSvartmetall about her comment regarding Manowar wrote:

Pretty much :-P

We should stop derailing the thread, don't you think? It's not that I want to cut the conversation but, you know... THE MODS...

Yeah, that would probably be smart xD

UndeadLegend
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:55 pm 

MsSvartmetall wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:
This, pretty much. You're 2 years younger than me and already drink? Man, I feel fucking old...

Haha xD I smoke too, but not so often.

Aren't you proud...

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:58 pm 

UndeadLegend wrote:
MsSvartmetall wrote:
Haha xD I smoke too, but not so often.

Aren't you proud...

She said in another post that she's trying to quit, man. Don't be so condescending. It's uncalled for.

MsSvartmetall
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:04 pm 

UndeadLegend wrote:
Aren't you proud...

Actually, I'm not proud at all.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:47 pm 

HI all newbs before this post.
HI all newbs after this post.

Poe Ohlin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:24 pm 

Hello. My name is Poe ohlin. I joined the forums today. Some of my activities have been creating some threads, submitting a review, and editing out my collection on the main site. I hope I'm welcomed here with sickles and dead rodents ^^.

MsSvartmetall
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:17 pm 

Poe Ohlin wrote:
Hello. My name is Poe ohlin. I joined the forums today. Some of my activities have been creating some threads, submitting a review, and editing out my collection on the main site. I hope I'm welcomed here with sickles and dead rodents ^^.

Welcome! :D

Poe Ohlin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:12 pm 

MsSvartmetall wrote:
Poe Ohlin wrote:

Welcome! :D

Why thank you for the welcome ^^.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:10 pm 

About your sig, Poe Ohlin... it's not wholly accurate:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... id=8282589

Tiam Kara
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:23 pm 

uh.

hey.

They're coming closer just to kill us
Don't cry, don't cry on me now
No, they ain't ever gonna help us
Close to his grave we'll build our home.

CapricornSupernaut
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:53 pm 

the american god wrote:
uh.

hey.

uh.

hey.

to you too! Welcome aboard.

Tiam Kara
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:13 am 

thanks, broskie.

They're coming closer just to kill us
Don't cry, don't cry on me now
No, they ain't ever gonna help us
Close to his grave we'll build our home.

Schaus2
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:19 am 

yo dawgs, Im Schaus2, a hardcore wigger from the br00tal streets of Canada (eh). im a film student at Niagara college. im a huge fuckin nerd. I dig metal, horror movies, video gaming, and other shit.

Im mostly here because all my roommates listen to Dubstep, and it drives me fucking insane, I need somewhere where I can talk about metal, and AllMetalForums has basically gone down the shitter.

So gents, lets talk about metal shall we????????

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:22 am 

Schaus2 wrote:
yo dawgs, Im Schaus2, a hardcore wigger from the br00tal streets of Canada (eh). im a film student at Niagara college. im a huge fuckin nerd. I dig metal, horror movies, video gaming, and other shit.

Im mostly here because all my roommates listen to Dubstep, and it drives me fucking insane, I need somewhere where I can talk about metal, and AllMetalForums has basically gone down the shitter.

So gents, lets talk about metal shall we????????

Yes, and as such I bid thee welcome with an Overkill song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USldA_fG_D8
HELLO!

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:24 am 

MsSvartmetall wrote:
XJuliusX wrote:

How can someone dislike Manowar ? :O

I don't like Manowar.....

My Ebay Store

Sound Chaser
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:36 pm 

Hello all.
As you can probably tell by my monicker, I am a prog-man. However, I can, at the very least, appreciate a little bit of everything. I am of the opinion that every genre of music has its share of both garbage and gems, so I can never dismiss an artist/style outright without giving them a fair shot first. That's probably the primary reason I created an account here, to get more music. I can always use a bit more metal in my rotation.

MoonWatcher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:17 pm 

Hey guys.
Name's Eric, 17, from the US. I'm a long time lurker and basically a first time poster. I love all types of metal, though I can't say I'm a big fan of Black, Drone or Groove. I'm mainly a thrasher and a prog/experimental guy.

Instead of assaulting you with a gigantic list of my favorite bands, I'll just leave a link to my last.fm here. Forgive the terrible username, but I never imagined I'd actually use it much.

I'm also a huge movie fan. And I'm terrible at introductions.

CapricornSupernaut
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:51 pm 

MoonWatcher wrote:
Hey guys.
Name's Eric, 17, from the US. I'm a long time lurker and basically a first time poster. I love all types of metal, though I can't say I'm a big fan of Black, Drone or Groove. I'm mainly a thrasher and a prog/experimental guy.

Instead of assaulting you with a gigantic list of my favorite bands, I'll just leave a link to my last.fm here. Forgive the terrible username, but I never imagined I'd actually use it much.

I'm also a huge movie fan. And I'm terrible at introductions.

A thrasher/prog fan? Awesome. I'll friend request you on Last.fm if that's ok.

MoonWatcher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:16 pm 

CapricornSupernaut wrote:
A thrasher/prog fan? Awesome. I'll friend request you on Last.fm if that's ok.

'Course it's okay. Always nice to meet another thrash/prog fan!

Deh Dabbler
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:18 am 

Sound Chaser wrote:
Hello all.
As you can probably tell by my monicker, I am a prog-man. However, I can, at the very least, appreciate a little bit of everything. I am of the opinion that every genre of music has its share of both garbage and gems, so I can never dismiss an artist/style outright without giving them a fair shot first. That's probably the primary reason I created an account here, to get more music. I can always use a bit more metal in my rotation.

Welcome, Sound Chaser! I am a fresh face around here as well but I've already discovered many metal gems in my time on this forum. Hopefully you will too. What types of metal are you into?

Xanzotire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:03 pm 

I've been lurking for a couple of months but just decided to join, mainly because the songwriting contest threads interested me. I play guitar and have some not-completely-terrible recording equipment. My taste in metal is fairly predictable I suppose. I like classic/thrash/death bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Megadeth, Possessed, Morbid Angel, Death, Heartwork-era Carcass, Kreator and Sodom. Being fairly young (Late teens) I also like quite a few bands that would probably get me skewered alive on here but are pretty popular in my peer group like Periphery, Vildhjarta, TesseracT and Animals as Leaders. I also have a couple of Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage albums from when I was first getting into metal back in secondary school, though listening back to them now they sound pretty dull. I'm thinking I should probably stay far, far away from discussion of anything '-core' or 'djent'...

The only really ultra-obscure metal stuff I have is a couple of EP's by a local Iron Maiden-esque band formed by some friends which broke up a few years ago now. It verges more towards the rock end of things though, and the second EP has nu-metal elements, so I don't think it would be suitable for the archive. I look forward to discovering new bands and discussing with people.
Rush in and die, dogs--I was a man before I was a king." - R. Howard

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:32 pm 

Xanzotire wrote:
I've been lurking for a couple of months but just decided to join, mainly because the songwriting contest threads interested me. I play guitar and have some not-completely-terrible recording equipment. My taste in metal is fairly predictable I suppose. I like classic/thrash/death bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Megadeth, Possessed, Morbid Angel, Death, Heartwork-era Carcass, Kreator and Sodom. Being fairly young (Late teens) I also like quite a few bands that would probably get me skewered alive on here but are pretty popular in my peer group like Periphery, Vildhjarta, TesseracT and Animals as Leaders. I also have a couple of Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage albums from when I was first getting into metal back in secondary school, though listening back to them now they sound pretty dull. I'm thinking I should probably stay far, far away from discussion of anything '-core' or 'djent'...

The only really ultra-obscure metal stuff I have is a couple of EP's by a local Iron Maiden-esque band formed by some friends which broke up a few years ago now. It verges more towards the rock end of things though, and the second EP has nu-metal elements, so I don't think it would be suitable for the archive. I look forward to discovering new bands and discussing with people.

Welcome Xan! Allow me to greet you with a little song here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIVaugamW_w
The Japanese brutal melodeath of Intestine Baalism! Hope you enjoy them!

CapricornSupernaut
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:20 pm 

Xanzotire wrote:
Periphery, Vildhjarta, TesseracT and Animals as Leaders.

Animals as Leaders are awesome, but the other 3 bands can suck my left nut. Welcome aboard to the board.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:24 pm 

Xanzotire wrote:
Periphery, Vildhjarta, TesseracT and Animals as Leaders.

Animals as Leaders are awesome, but the other 3 bands can suck my left nut. Welcome aboard to the board.

Nah man, those are actually some interesting Djenty bands is you give them a chance, if you like AAL, Periphery has an instrumental version of their album you may like, they sound a lot better without vocals.

Also, Welcome newbies! :-D

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

CapricornSupernaut
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:51 pm 

IntoNevermore wrote:

Nah man, those are actually some interesting Djenty bands is you give them a chance, if you like AAL, Periphery has an instrumental version of their album you may like, they sound a lot better without vocals.

Also, Welcome newbies! :-D

I have given the other 3 bands a chance (quite a big one) and yes, Periphery are much better without vocals, but that's it.

In
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:59 pm 

I've been lurking the site since 2005, but I never thought about posting on the forum until now. My name is BreadGod. ("In" is simply a relic of when I first tried to apply for membership.) I'm 21 and I've been listening to metal since I was 13. My main areas of study are death metal and black metal, but I also love me some Touhou music. I also operate a metal review blog called The Autistic Metalhead. I'm not going to bore you with a list of my favorite bands, so here's a link to my Last.fm profile instead.

DreamTheater3
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:37 pm 

Hi. As you can see, I've had a few posts already, and I have already made some dumbass mistakes on this forum. Sorry about that. But anyway, I am a young, rather odd kid who loves all types of metal, but I tend to lean toward the doom/prog genres. My favorite bands in metal are Dream Theater (who would've guessed!), Electric Wizard, The Melvins, Isis, Sleep, etc., but I also like plenty outside of metal like Tool, Nirvana, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, etc. I've done a few (rather mediocre) reviews here too, but I never explored the forum until a few weeks ago. I also enjoy writing short stories, even if I'm not particularly good at it, but I try to improve my writing. Hopefully I didn't bore you too much with this post!

Sound Chaser
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:14 pm 

Deh Dabbler wrote:
Welcome, Sound Chaser! I am a fresh face around here as well but I've already discovered many metal gems in my time on this forum. Hopefully you will too. What types of metal are you into?

Thank you for the welcome.
I'm very much into prog-metal and its sub-genres as you could probably guess, my favorites being Dream Theater and Opeth. However, I'm also into some avant-garde acts (I love Unexpect and Sigh,) a bit of the more melodic sludge, thrash, and of course some old-school heavy metal. I also like some groove metal, and a little bit of death metal.

Kevbo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:33 pm 

Ah, the obligatory "HAI I'M NEW!" thread. I feel at home already!

I've been utilizing the Archives for awhile now for my work as an editorial/review writer at another site (which I will not plug. I have some shame.) and figured it was about time to see what else this site had to offer beyond information. This place seems pretty chill, but appearances are most often a deception.

As far as metal goes, I like anything that conveys a sense of epicness that I cannot really describe without making a fool of myself (trust me, I've tried). It may help to know some of my favorites;

Devin Townsend/Strapping Young Lad
Iron Maiden
Metallica (mostly nostalgia, and a warm place in my heart for being my first metal experience)
Mastodon
Mayhem
Opeth
Symphony X
Meshuggah
(Early-Mid)In Flames
Cradle Of Filth
Nile
Immolation

And that list goes on and on and on. I also am the most amateur of amateur musicians, I basically fiddle-fuck with guitar and bass and am waiting for the stars to align proper to begin dedicating myself in more professional manner to drumming. I'm basically an all-around decent dude just looking for some decent conversation, new music and hopefully a few laughs along the way.

Hi.

MikiMassacre
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:57 pm 

Just discovered this site. Fuck yeah.

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:53 pm 

I'm not really new to MA, but I've only posted a few times on the forum, so I guess I'm a newbie there. I've written a handful of album reviews over the past few years (of varying quality; I'm probably proudest of my Diabolical Masquerade 'Nightwork' review), and intend to write more (eventually). This has been a very valuable resource to me in my perennial quest for more metal, and it appears to be the 'home' of many intelligent and often funny people, so I think I'll stick around. In closing: hello please.

-Ryan

Inconjunct
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:45 am 

I just discovered this site, the recommendation threads are fucking great!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 156  Next