Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
HellBlazer
Veteran

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 3191
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:34 pm 
 

droneriot wrote:
oneyoudontknow wrote:
but if it exists?

It exists.


For the record, do you have any evidence that it exists as an actual release? It only seems to be mentioned here and on similar sites...

Top
 Profile  
Lakter
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:21 am
Posts: 3
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:14 pm 
 

Please delete:

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Pr ... tov/174118

Webattack against Ivan Chertov from Craving from 2007.

Not a Demo / Album.

ps.

allready reported it 3 times!

Top
 Profile  
Lakter
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:21 am
Posts: 3
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:25 pm 
 

And one more information, it DOESNT exist!
There demo wasnt produces, its just provocation on the net.
So its kinda not official, please remove it!

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Anthropophagus

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 2725
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:26 pm 
 

We wont remove something simply because the artist wrote it as a provocation against someone else. IF the work was released and official, then it's a legitimate part of the band's discography and must factually be listed. We simply seek to report facts; we don't look into the motives of the artist in releasing a work.

Nevertheless, if you can prove that the demo does not exist, beyond just hearsay, then it will be removed. Factually, the album wouldn't exist at that point and does not belong in the discography.

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:51 am 
 

Out of curiosity, would Khanate be deleted for being more noise than metal if they weren't a worldwide-distributed side project of Stephen O'Malley?
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
Dr_Keloid
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:10 pm
Posts: 87
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:09 am 
 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Out of curiosity, would Khanate be deleted for being more noise than metal if they weren't a worldwide-distributed side project of Stephen O'Malley?

Since when were they more noise than metal? They had riffs, just v e r y s l o w ones.

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:11 am 
 

I was reminded of them because of the argument here. Listening to the track that was supposedly more noise than metal, it sounded exactly like Khanate. My experience with them is mostly limited to their s/t, but when you think about it they are indeed very noisy and devoid of actual metal riffage.
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
Dr_Keloid
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:10 pm
Posts: 87
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:18 am 
 

Eh? When someone refers to a metal band being "very noisy", I think more of Abruptum or Enbilulugugal than a bleak snail's pace doom band like Khanate. The influence of bands like Swans is evident, but that doesn't necessarily make Khanate more noise rock than doom.

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5245
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:44 am 
 

"Krieg gegen Ivan Chertov" is a web release with artwork, which is allowed on this site. No physical copy was ever made, but that's not what matters. What matters is that the song was recorded and released on the web. I was present during the recording of the song, so I think I know whether it exists or not, Lakter is simply being a butthurt baby because he doesn't like the title of the song.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3631
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:23 am 
 

@Lakter: Just release your own recording hating on these other cunts. Here, just use this:

Image
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:03 pm 
 

Deleted Voice of the Soul. No sign of already released albums in physical form.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
GraveWish
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 am
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:32 am 
 

What about this:

Quote:
This band http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/DamaJuana/117148 doesn't sound metal at all. Yes, this is the same band on this link http://www.myspace.com/damajuana


Will you delete the page or do I update it?
_________________
Quote:
As their material is being released in quantities more than 20 home dubbed tapes, the band has been removed from the Metal-Archives.

Top
 Profile  
vthornr
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:47 pm
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:52 pm 
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xybjYBXJbyo is http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Mielofon/31940.
Started looking at the other thread (why rejected) and one of the last posts had a whole list of bands like this. I'd link to the post if I could figure out how. oh
UntilYouReform wrote:

I haven't checked any of the others but it might be worth a look

Top
 Profile  
vthornr
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:47 pm
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:31 pm 
 

Actually, reading above, this is relevant to that debate. I also just saw a band that sounds like Khanate being rejected in the other thread for being more noise than metal.
Where should we draw the line?

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:03 pm 
 

GraveWish wrote:
What about this:

Quote:
This band http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/DamaJuana/117148 doesn't sound metal at all. Yes, this is the same band on this link http://www.myspace.com/damajuana


Will you delete the page or do I update it?

I'm currently unable to play music on Myspace with Chrome, for whatever reasons (one of them probably being that Myspace sucks balls). Listened to some songs on Youtube and it does sound like rock. Any other mods who can get Myspace to work care to take a listen, though?
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Doomsday
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:30 pm
Posts: 767
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:45 pm 
 

DamaJuana deleted for being rock.
_________________
let sweet vengeance reign | Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
HellBlazer
Veteran

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 3191
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:00 pm 
 

droneriot wrote:
"Krieg gegen Ivan Chertov" is a web release with artwork, which is allowed on this site. No physical copy was ever made, but that's not what matters. What matters is that the song was recorded and released on the web. I was present during the recording of the song, so I think I know whether it exists or not, Lakter is simply being a butthurt baby because he doesn't like the title of the song.


Alright but... is this track available somewhere for download then? It seems to me that, to be considered an actual release rather than a random mp3, there should be a relatively permanent way to access it.

Top
 Profile  
GraveWish
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 am
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:59 pm 
 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Shambles/3540337742 should be removed, this is not a valid name change that deserves a new entry (based on the rules).
_________________
Quote:
As their material is being released in quantities more than 20 home dubbed tapes, the band has been removed from the Metal-Archives.

Top
 Profile  
Halloween
Metalhead

Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 10:23 am
Posts: 542
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:00 pm 
 

Is this really a significant enough of a name change to warrant its own page?

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Shambles/3540337742
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Shambless/24731

Top
 Profile  
Caliginosity
Philosopher of Metal

Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 5:29 pm
Posts: 258
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:42 pm 
 

Nope, i made that mistake and corrected it

Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 867
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:50 pm 
 

Do moderators have more privileges when adding bands, because Azmodes's band Habitual Defilement was already added to this site before the EP was released.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Hab ... 3540336890
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:59 pm 
 

oogboog wrote:
Do moderators have more privileges when adding bands, because Azmodes's band Habitual Defilement was already added to this site before the EP was released.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Hab ... 3540336890

According to their Facebook page the EP was self-released on November 8th. Porman changed the date and label after I added them. I don't know whether the original release never happened or it's just released again by a label.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Napero
GedankenPanzer

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:16 pm
Posts: 8558
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:04 pm 
 

The Facebook seems to state that the release date is in January 2012. I'm afraid the self-release might be digital, in which case the band must go. Let's check this.
_________________
Chest wounds suck (when properly inflicted).
-Butch-

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:10 pm 
 

Napero wrote:
The Facebook seems to state that the release date is in January 2012. I'm afraid the self-release might be digital, in which case the band must go. Let's check this.

Hm,
FB post from November 9th wrote:
Sending out the EP to a few Labels tomorrow, any Labels out there want it, please leave us your address! So far we have 3 going out!

FB post from November 9th wrote:
5 EP Disc are Being Sent Out!

That's after one post from November 8th where they wrote about the EP release being in 4 hours. Were they just talking about getting a couple of promos sent to some labels? :scratch:

I'm pretty sure they were talking about a real CD release though (I remember a BigCartel entry other than the current one), otherwise I wouldn't have added them.

EDIT: I remember that Alhadis had a draft for them ready, so maybe he can shed some light on this?
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
GraveWish
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 am
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:28 pm 
 

Are discs sent to labels considered a valid physical release? Because I usually don't submit those bands.
_________________
Quote:
As their material is being released in quantities more than 20 home dubbed tapes, the band has been removed from the Metal-Archives.

Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 867
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:01 pm 
 

GraveWish wrote:
Are discs sent to labels considered a valid physical release? Because I usually don't submit those bands.


You could try providing some context, like how the band actually sends the disc to the label. I remember one label where they would not accept mp3's as demos (I'll try to find this label).
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 1547
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:19 pm 
 

I changed it according to the report which I followed up on.

Top
 Profile  
GraveWish
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 am
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:20 pm 
 

Like this:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2uqitc1.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2jg2yh5.jpg
_________________
Quote:
As their material is being released in quantities more than 20 home dubbed tapes, the band has been removed from the Metal-Archives.

Top
 Profile  
GraveWish
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 am
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:43 pm 
 

I am not sure if this band http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Mag ... sday/42115 should stay. Check the additional notes field beside their music genre is suspicious. I found this on the Internet:

Maggot Pigs On Tuesday started off as a single man project led by Brooklyn, New York musician David Fix sometime in 2003 but gradually has been making name within the aggro industrial rock scene of New York City, growing as an actual band rather than being single project. The band itself is actually a Ministry-worship band playing a similar style found on their “The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste” album. (I suppose Ministry got accepted based on their "Rio Grande Blood" album)
_________________
Quote:
As their material is being released in quantities more than 20 home dubbed tapes, the band has been removed from the Metal-Archives.

Top
 Profile  
vthornr
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:47 pm
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:24 pm 
 

MPoT sounds like a very simple no: the rules specifically forbid Ministry, and if everything (including the m-a profile) says this guy's a Ministry ripoff, he shouldn't be here.

On another note, I love The Tyrant of Manchester ( http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/The ... ster/54856 ), but why the hell is it on m-a when I'm seeing other bands rejected for being "predominantly noise?" "Rough Musick" has metalish riffs on a couple songs. Most of them are straight-up harsh noise or mix various electronic elements and/or rock riffs.

Consistency: imaginary

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3631
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:15 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
EDIT: I remember that Alhadis had a draft for them ready, so maybe he can shed some light on this?


Yeah, I was actually playing nice guy and decided not to speak up about the band's premature addition to the archives:

http://www.facebook.com/habitualdefilem ... 9238371073
Quote:
Please wait patiently as we as sending the EP out to Labels to see who thinks its worthy enough of being printed and signing us to a multiple album contract four our 2012 full length! Thanks!

Other reason was because I didn't want to sound like a butthurt user about a mod adding the band before I had a chance to submit my own draft. But yeah, as you can see, the EP was only sent to labels for pressing at the time.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:21 am 
 

Alhadis wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
EDIT: I remember that Alhadis had a draft for them ready, so maybe he can shed some light on this?


Yeah, I was actually playing nice guy and decided not to speak up about the band's premature addition to the archives:

Well, you should have. I was wrong in adding them. If you have some information about a band wrongly included then don't hesitate to bring it up, no matter who added them. Nothing butthurt about that if your point is valid.

I've deleted them.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3631
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:52 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Well, you should have. I was wrong in adding them. If you have some information about a band wrongly included then don't hesitate to bring it up, no matter who added them. Nothing butthurt about that if your point is valid.

Sorry sir. :(
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:04 pm 
 

GraveWish wrote:
I am not sure if this band http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Mag ... sday/42115 should stay. Check the additional notes field beside their music genre is suspicious. I found this on the Internet:

Maggot Pigs On Tuesday started off as a single man project led by Brooklyn, New York musician David Fix sometime in 2003 but gradually has been making name within the aggro industrial rock scene of New York City, growing as an actual band rather than being single project. The band itself is actually a Ministry-worship band playing a similar style found on their “The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste” album. (I suppose Ministry got accepted based on their "Rio Grande Blood" album)

That description is from Last.fm (or at least it's the only source for it I could find), so it's not something I would accept as a reason to delete a band. Samples nowhere to be found, Myspace link mentioned there is dead, bleh. Granted, it was added in 2005 and all in all the info makes it look suspicious, but I'd rather listen to something by the band than blindly remove it.

And what idiot added this:
Addtional notes wrote:
From left to right: Jezuz.

:roll:
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
GraveWish
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 am
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:06 pm 
 

Again I am not quite familiar with that but is this band http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Boize/3540337934 really heavy enough? If yes I suppose that Hard Rock should be added to the genre.
_________________
Quote:
As their material is being released in quantities more than 20 home dubbed tapes, the band has been removed from the Metal-Archives.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:11 pm 
 

GraveWish wrote:
Again I am not quite familiar with that but is this band http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Boize/3540337934 really heavy enough? If yes I suppose that Hard Rock should be added to the genre.

Sounded heavy enough to me. But I've added the hard rock tag, yeah.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
GraveWish
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 am
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:14 pm 
 

Then I suppose this one http://uiliotrecords.bandcamp.com/album/reach-in is heavier, anyway I pass through many similar bands that I don't submit because I am not quite familiar with their music so I was wondering if we can have a thread to post such links so other users can submit them if they are familiar with their music. What do you think?
_________________
Quote:
As their material is being released in quantities more than 20 home dubbed tapes, the band has been removed from the Metal-Archives.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:43 pm 
 

GraveWish wrote:
Then I suppose this one http://uiliotrecords.bandcamp.com/album/reach-in is heavier, anyway I pass through many similar bands that I don't submit because I am not quite familiar with their music so I was wondering if we can have a thread to post such links so other users can submit them if they are familiar with their music. What do you think?

That sounds in fact less heavy to me. :P But it's not really my genre preference either, so I dunno. Boize however seemed like acceptable traditional metal with some rock leanings to me. I'd tell you that you should just throw bands in the queue you might think could have a place on this site, but as a matter of fact you already have enough borderline stuff among your submissions as it is.

Don't know how sensible such a thread would be. That would just be a "Do you think this band is metal enough?" thing, something the rejection thread is already plagued by. It would most probably only lead to more fighting about a band's metalness and not have any real merit. I think the staff as a whole has a good "collective genre knowledge" anyway, so when a band pops up in the queue that knowledge will be put to good use via internal discussion.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
GraveWish
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 am
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:01 pm 
 

Well dunno sounded like a Black Sabbath influenced band anyway I'll keep ignoring those I am not quite familiar with this kind of music after all. Probably you are right about "That would just be a "Do you think this band is metal enough?" thing" so let's keep it this way. Well I do submit borderline bands, yes. This is quite known I suppose but they fit under the rules. I didn't have much problems about that except the sludge related bands (I am not getting back to that although I am still convinced that many of those can be easily re-considered). But the fact is that the 5 bands that are in the queue now are not borderline bands.
_________________
Quote:
As their material is being released in quantities more than 20 home dubbed tapes, the band has been removed from the Metal-Archives.

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9808
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:39 pm 
 

vthornr wrote:
MPoT sounds like a very simple no: the rules specifically forbid Ministry

No they do not...
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 64  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group