Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:32 pm 

Oh and the album cover for Decaying Purity's The Existence of Infinite Agony deserves a peak:

Decaying Purity - The Existence of Infinite Agony - 2010 - Sevared Records

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:16 pm 

AngeldeathGreg wrote:
3. Insision - "Beneath The Folds of Flesh" fucking !!!!!!!!!! so heavy, so brutal, but very musical and catchy as well. Kind of like if Disgorge and Suffocation collided with Morbid Angel and Deicide.

Stone cold classic.

Dark Descent Records

AngeldeathGreg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:51 pm 

dalecooper wrote:
AngeldeathGreg wrote:
3. Insision - "Beneath The Folds of Flesh" fucking !!!!!!!!!! so heavy, so brutal, but very musical and catchy as well. Kind of like if Disgorge and Suffocation collided with Morbid Angel and Deicide.

Stone cold classic.

Right?!?!??!?

For those who take issue with that album's production, do yourself a HUGE favor and download their "Promo 2000" and "Revelation of the Sadogod" demos. BTFOF is basically a re-recorded comp of those demos, plus 3 more songs. The demos have some of the greatest death metal production for demo-albums that I've ever heard. Right up there with Throneaeon's "Carnage" demo and Abhorrence "Triumph in Blasphemy" for best-sounding demos with material that holds up equally as well.
Death metal --> for fans of Deicide, Morbid Angel, Vader, Luciferion, Centurian, Throneaeon, Hate Eternal, Slayer, old Belphegor, Immortal, Angelcorpse, Diabolic, Krisiun, Defaced Creation, Rebaelliun, Azarath, Insision, Monstrosity, Vital Remains

http://www.myspace.com/angeldeath518

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:07 pm 

The only Insision release I know and own is the split album with Inveracity released on Revenge Productions. I saw them live a bunch of times though. Was always a great experience.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:51 pm 

I think Insision's 'Ikon' is fantastic and I've listened a couple times (so far) to 'Revealed And Worshiped' but have yet to get hold of a copy of 'Beneath The Folds Of Flesh'. Can't wait to hear it.

This thread rules. I'm getting great tips on great bands I had yet to find.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:12 pm 

DrBusey wrote:
I've seen mention of Condemned's last album on here already, but nothing about their new one, Realms of the Ungodly. I'd like to throw that in there as one of my current favorites. It's immensely heavy and, for me, fixes the production values of the first cd. I know some people prefer to the filthier sound, but for Condemned, I love the stronger production values they managed on the new cd:

This record has the darkest atmosphere for a slam cd I have yet to hear, seriously i think it completely blows "Desecrate the Vile" out of the water, along with that artwork just makes for a great release, top of my 2011 list for sure.

i HOOOPE that Cephalotripsy follows in that same path, I cant wait to hear that primitive shit with some damp dark atmosphere inducing production, would be killlller!

DeadXManiac wrote:
Benton's the T-Pain of death metal.

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:16 pm 

deicidefan wrote:
This record has the darkest atmosphere for a slam cd I have yet to hear, seriously i think it completely blows "Desecrate the Vile" out of the water, along with that artwork just makes for a great release, top of my 2011 list for sure.

i HOOOPE that Cephalotripsy follows in that same path, I cant wait to hear that primitive shit with some damp dark atmosphere inducing production, would be killlller!

+1

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:27 pm 

Working my way through the old Unique Leader catalogue has among other things reignited my love for my 2 favorite Dutch BDM bands, Pyaemia and Disavowed. Cerebral Cereal and Perceptive Deception are both bonafide classics of the genre, packed in Zig's classic airbrush-artwork. Relentless European Suffo-esque Death/Grind at it's best. A must hear for fans of Disgorge, Deprecated and early Deeds of Flesh.

Pyaemia - Cerebral Cereal - 2001 - Unique Leader

Disavowed - Perceptive Deception - 2001 - Unique Leader

DrBusey
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:29 pm 

OH good lord do I want the new Cephalotripsy to rock

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:35 pm 

I heard that "entrenched in enigmatic fluids of predation" track (or whatever its called) and i dont think we have much to worry about if it follows in the same direction \m/

edit : "Entrenched In Fluids of Enigmatic Predation"

heres a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME-a7zdHsvg

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:38 pm 

deicidefan wrote:
I heard that "entrenched in enigmatic fluids of predation" track (or whatever its called) and i dont think we have much to worry about if it follows in the same direction \m/

edit : "Entrenched In Fluids of Enigmatic Predation"

heres a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME-a7zdHsvg

Was just about to post that!

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:44 pm 

have you heard any of those new Abominable Putridity with Matti? I dig them but alot of the super slam enthusiasts think its way to polished and sucks, I cant wait for that release, they moved it back till February 2012 apparently.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:56 pm 

deicidefan wrote:
have you heard any of those new Abominable Putridity with Matti? I dig them but alot of the super slam enthusiasts think its way to polished and sucks, I cant wait for that release, they moved it back till February 2012 apparently.

No I haven't heard it. But it kinda pisses me off that Matti keeps fucking around in second-rate bands, and annoyingly isn't a part of the new Disgorge line-up. Levi is great and all, but I'd much rather hear Matti on the coming Disgorge album. Same goes for Diego.

EDIT: If this isn't Disgorge without Ricky then I don't know what it is... - http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Obs ... 3540336481

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:04 pm 

Yeah to be honest, i'm moderately stoked to hear this new Disgorge record (even though I haven't heard a sample or anything....what its out in a month, December 22nd isnt it?) BUT im really stoked to hear some To Violently Vomit originals, esp since from what I'm hearing its going to a rotating line up of AJ Magana and Angel Ochoa on vokills, plus anything with Diego is gonna murder.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:05 pm 

Horus666 wrote:
deicidefan wrote:
EDIT: If this isn't Disgorge without Ricky then I don't know what it is... - http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Obs ... 3540336481

I haven't ever heard of that!!! Sounds promising.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

DrBusey
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:59 pm 

Yeah, I think Disgorge has a chance to be pretty swell, but I've never really loved anything aside from She Lay Gutted and Cranial Impalement. Matti just can't seem to stick with any band at this point, but I heard he was doing shows with To Violently Vomit, which is just a Disgorge cover band, as odd as that is. And those new Cephalotripsy songs are sounding really awesome; I'm looking forward to that album. Also, have Putridity or Antropofagus been brought up yet? I love both of those, and Antropofagus has finally been releasing some new material.

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:05 pm 

Not even Consume The Forsaken? I think that's their strongest effort musically, and AJ ain't half bad. Not to mention it's killer production.

DrBusey
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:49 pm 

Idunno, they've just never done it for me. I intend to sit down with them and give them another chance in the future. Prolly when the next Disgorge cd comes out

foul body autopsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:05 pm 

Horus666 wrote:
Recently been listening a lot to Decrepit Birth's "... And Time Begins". Totally different from their later semi-boring Cynic meets Devourment albums. Extreme Grind packed in a plastic-fantastic production. Just how I like it.

Decrepit Birth - ...And Time Begins - 2003 - Unique Leader

removed image from quote to save space :p

i cant believe i overlooked this album, gave it a spin after seeing this post. its brilliant. im sort of wading my way through a lot of BDM at the minute and anything similar to that album i'd love to hear recommendations on.

DrBusey
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:56 am 

Didn't see mention of them yet, but Visceral Disgorge is a rather fun and intense brutal death metal band from the baltimore area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55I5YS6i1j8

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:36 am 

foul body autopsy wrote:
Horus666 wrote:
Recently been listening a lot to Decrepit Birth's "... And Time Begins". Totally different from their later semi-boring Cynic meets Devourment albums. Extreme Grind packed in a plastic-fantastic production. Just how I like it.

Decrepit Birth - ...And Time Begins - 2003 - Unique Leader

removed image from quote to save space :p

i cant believe i overlooked this album, gave it a spin after seeing this post. its brilliant. im sort of wading my way through a lot of BDM at the minute and anything similar to that album i'd love to hear recommendations on.

Mid-era Deeds of Flesh (Mark of The Legion, Reduced To Ashes) and Disgorge's "Parallels of Infinite Torture" are probably the closest. You could also check Deprecated as it featured half of Decripit Birth's "... And Time Begins" line-up. It's more in the Pyrexia "Sermon of Mockery" vein. More heavy and old school. But excellent none the less. It featured AJ from Disgorge and Defeated Sanity on vocals.

Deprecated - Deriding His Creation - 1998 - Headfucker

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:45 pm 

A scene we haven't been talking about yet is the Columbian. The country was, mainly because of Internal Suffering, on the forefront of the BDM scene in the late 90'es and early 00'es. Goregiastic Records, now owned by Sevared Records, helped promoting the Columbian underground across the North American continent. The ultra low-fi and raw sound of these bands intrigued me quite a bit back then. A few of my favorites included Ancient Necropsy, Internal Suffering, Mental Apraxia, Saproffago and Suppuration etc.

Mental Apraxia is some kind of ultra raw mix of Brodequin, Devourment and old Cryptopsy. Not bad really!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzDBOr4mjpg

Mental Apraxia - Cinical-Hypocritical Existence - 2006 - Coyote Records

Nanoscourge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:59 pm 

Yea, lotsa good shit has come out of Columbia, two of my favorites are Amputated Genitals and Mindly Rotten.

Amputated Genitals - Human Meat Gluttony

Mindly Rotten - The Most Exquisite Agonies

One of the most insane albums I've ever listened to, I don't think I could count a single time signature throughout the entire thing. These guys just put out a new album, actually, anyone heard it yet?

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:07 pm 

Mindly Rotten is killer! Haven't heard the new album though...

My introduction to Columbian BDM:

Internal Suffering - Supreme Knowledge Domain - 2000 - Qabalah

Internal Suffering - Unmerciful Extermination - 2001 - Macabre Mementos Records

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:47 am 

Nanoscourge wrote:
Mindly Rotten - The Most Exquisite Agonies

One of the most insane albums I've ever listened to, I don't think I could count a single time signature throughout the entire thing. These guys just put out a new album, actually, anyone heard it yet?

You are awesome. I've been tempted to make a thread about these guys. Bought The Most Exquisite Agonies blindly about three years and i was very impressed.

Proliferation Of Disaster seems lame at first with shit/typical cover art and long intro/sample but musically its fantastic and even better than the debut.

Nanoscourge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:09 am 

Good to see there are more Mindly Rotten fans on the board! :beer:

Better than Exquisite Agonies, you say? I'll have to get around to checking it out real soon, then. Cover art had me worried for a bit, really lame.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:30 am 

Nanoscourge wrote:
Good to see there are more Mindly Rotten fans on the board! :beer:

Better than Exquisite Agonies, you say? I'll have to get around to checking it out real soon, then. Cover art had me worried for a bit, really lame.

I've only heard MP3's so if you can find it at a good distro please let me know.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:40 am 

deicidefan wrote:
have you heard any of those new Abominable Putridity with Matti? I dig them but alot of the super slam enthusiasts think its way to polished and sucks,

Actually, I'd agree. The new AP is way too clean. Then again, I hated the old Abominable Putridity even more, so no skin off my bones.

Nanoscourge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:50 am 

lennonlikesmetal wrote:

I've only heard MP3's so if you can find it at a good distro please let me know.

Both Coyote Records and Sevared Records have it for 10 USD.

http://coyoterecords.bigcartel.com/prod ... eath-massa

http://www.sevared.com/catalog/advanced ... e1&x=0&y=0

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:22 am 

Another GREAT Columbian band is Carnal. They play a blasphemous brand of BDM not too different from older Goretrade, whom they also released a split with. They are now located in NYC.

Carnal - Carnal - 2001 - Supreme Musick

Carnal - True Blasphemy - 2002 - Goregiastic Records

Zakillah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:58 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:

Nobody forced you to comb through this thread. No one 'posted pics in your face', either. You CHOSE to view them. You have the same choice everyone else has: read/view this thread (and others like it) or not read/view this thread (and others like it). Expecting a clean, wholesome, prudent 'Brutal Death Metal' thread is, well.... It's not like we're on a Christian website discussing the New Testament here.

Devolving into personal attacks isn't something I'm going to lower myself to.

Some people need to lighten up. Nobody's being tough. Just realistic.

I appologise for the personal attack.

Yes, of course I choose to look up the thread because I look for recommandations. I also dont mind most covers, but why post that Disgorge one?
Is it really so far fetched that some people dont wanna see that? Is it too much to ask NOT to post such extreme covers?
Should be common sence to me, but I guess we can argue two days and still have different opinions on that.
Cheers!

foul body autopsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:25 pm 

Horus666 wrote:
Mid-era Deeds of Flesh (Mark of The Legion, Reduced To Ashes) and Disgorge's "Parallels of Infinite Torture" are probably the closest. You could also check Deprecated as it featured half of Decripit Birth's "... And Time Begins" line-up. It's more in the Pyrexia "Sermon of Mockery" vein. More heavy and old school. But excellent none the less. It featured AJ from Disgorge and Defeated Sanity on vocals.

Deprecated - Deriding His Creation - 1998 - Headfucker

cheers! gave both the disgorge and deprecated cd's a go. both really enjoyable.

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:29 pm 

I'm an absolute sucker for primitive, groovy slam.

Gorevent's Abnormal Exaggeration, Cephalotripsy's Uterovaginal Insertion Of Extirpated Anomalies and Vomit the Soul's Apostles of Inexpression are absolute masterpieces to me.
But it didn't matter, 'cause they can't hear a sound

http://www.last.fm/user/Axel_Sikth

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:41 pm 

Axel_Sikth wrote:
I'm an absolute sucker for primitive, groovy slam.

Gorevent's Abnormal Exaggeration, Cephalotripsy's Uterovaginal Insertion Of Extirpated Anomalies and Vomit the Soul's Apostles of Inexpression are absolute masterpieces to me.

Your taste in music is awesome.

Firstly, If your into those bands then you have to check out that Russian slam band Abnormity, sounds like a tank, super think production, very very good stuff similar to Abominable Putridity.

Secondly, has anyone had problems getting into the band Vulvectomy? Ive heard the album "Post-Abortion Slut Fuck" and i find myself extremely bored listening to it, is it worth it to listen to the older record as well and give the newest another shot?

finally, a little group of bands/members who all have related projects and are pretty enjoyable
Lust of Decay, Atrocious Abnormality, Shuriken Cadaveric Entwinement, Cesspool of Vermin, most of these bands have some pretty solid shit.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

DrBusey
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:37 pm 

Have Carnal Decay been thrown around in here yet? Their album Carnal Pleasure is pretty damn sweet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eEi0n7F6co

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:52 pm 

A couple that I didn't notice in here that should be!

Mutilated - Devirginated Genital Pulp - 2003 - Forever Underground Records

Necrotic Disgorgement - Suffocated in Shrinkwrap - 2004 - Comatose Music

Mutilated has a touch of old school Cannibal Corpse influence and Necrotic Disgorgement is a bit similar to Mutilated.

DrBusey
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:13 pm 

I'm gonna go ahead and second Mutilated, that's an awesome cd

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:01 am 

deicidefan wrote:
Your taste in music is awesome.

Firstly, If your into those bands then you have to check out that Russian slam band Abnormity, sounds like a tank, super think production, very very good stuff similar to Abominable Putridity.

Haha. Thank you. If we were to just base my taste off that, I suppose it is pretty awesome. :P

Listened to Abnormity before. The production on Irreversible Disintegration is fucking massive. Ill shit.
But it didn't matter, 'cause they can't hear a sound

http://www.last.fm/user/Axel_Sikth

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:31 pm 

A few outstanding recent finds for me include:

Begging For Incest - Orgasmic Selfmutilation [2012]

7 H. Target - Fast-Slow Demolition [2012]

Bodysnatch - Insights Of A Rotten Theatre [2011]

The Gurchick Tree - Sadistic Reflections Of Blood EP [2011]

---------------
Favorites already mentioned of mine include:

Abnormity - Irreversible Disintegration [2011]
Abominable Putridity - The Anomalies of Artificial Origin [2012]
Abysmal Torment - Omnicide [2009]

CrueltyJuggernaut
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:55 pm 

Lots of good shit mentioned in this thread. I didn't really like Begging for Incest though, it's another one of those albums like Ingested that crosses the line from slam into deathcore. That 7 H.Target is awesome though, definitely the best slam/bdm so far this year (at least until the new Wormed is out). Another newer band worth keeping an eye on is Abhorrent Castigation, just released their 1st demo.

Three things that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Medecophobic - Pandemic of Existence
From Germany, technical and slightly Cryptopsy-styled at times, very very good.

Visceral Disgorge - Ingesting Putridity
I like how their both their band and album name are basically just typical bdm terms seemingly picked out of a hat. This album is really fun though, great production and slammy as hell.

Orchidectomy - A Prelate's Attrition
Canadian band that showed alot of promise, but are unfortunately broken up. This is easily one of my favourite death metal albums ever, and if they had kept going they could have easily reached Defeated Sanity levels of mindblowing-ness. Drumming is out of this world: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sqQ1ydA9co. Also beware there are two-rips of this floating around, one is a really shitty unmastered version, and the other (obviously) is the good one.

I'm also hoping the new Disgorge will be good, the fact that Erik from Weedlies of Flesh was involved in the writing doesn't inspire confidence, at least for me.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next