Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:41 am 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
So I'm looking for a store that sells metal in the Greater Tampa Bay, Florida area. I live in Saint Petersburg myself, but a willing to drive for a good store. It would be very nice if any of you know about a store that has vinyl releases as well.

And a real metal store please. There doesn't need to be goat intestines hanging from the ceiling, but it needs actual metal music.

Doesnt Steve "Doc" Wacholz of Savatage own a record store around the Tampa area?

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:19 pm 

kgerych1995 wrote:
So I'm looking for a store that sells metal in the Greater Tampa Bay, Florida area. I live in Saint Petersburg myself, but a willing to drive for a good store. It would be very nice if any of you know about a store that has vinyl releases as well.

And a real metal store please. There doesn't need to be goat intestines hanging from the ceiling, but it needs actual metal music.

Doesnt Steve "Doc" Wacholz of Savatage own a record store around the Tampa area?

I know he used to work at Mars Music over in Fort Lauderdale, but they went bankrupt in '02. I've never seen anything about him owning a store though.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

divine_torture
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:52 am 

I live in Decatur, IL. Don't wanna have to travel to Chicago or Peoria...Anyone know a decent place within an acceptable radius?

Demenekan
Deathless in Spiritual Evil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:59 pm 

Can anyone recommend any good records stores in Niedersachen area (Germany) and especially in Bremen and Hamburg?
Rise up against the enslaver

Depths_of_Depravity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:41 pm 

Have you been to Daddy Kool Records? they have a decent metal selection, and if you're into collecting vinyl, Banana records has an immense amount of metal vinyls. Sound Exchange has a good selection too, hope I could have been of a little assistance. I haven't found one store that specializes in metal in Tampa. I'm not sure if Dichotic records are still in business, but they operate in the Oldsmar flea market.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:25 am 

Depths_of_Depravity wrote:
Have you been to Daddy Kool Records? they have a decent metal selection, and if you're into collecting vinyl, Banana records has an immense amount of metal vinyls. Sound Exchange has a good selection too, hope I could have been of a little assistance. I haven't found one store that specializes in metal in Tampa. I'm not sure if Dichotic records are still in business, but they operate in the Oldsmar flea market.

I've not tried Daddy Kool or Bannana's, though I've herad great things about them, so I'll plan to browse them. But everything I've ever bought at Sound Exchange gave me issues, so I usually avoid them.

And I know that you mean; the only place I've ever found around here that advertised as "metal" was VooDoo Records in Seminole, next to the Emerald City comic shop. And while the corpse paint and black metal lettering on the sign looked promising, their stock was, sadly, filled with artists like Beck, Alice Cooper, The Beatles and Fall Out Boy.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:15 pm 

Anything in Nova Scotia? Specifically around the Halifax area, but really anywhere in the province will do.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

GatesOfBalShaggoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:28 am 

Anything near Sacramento, California?

thrash1983
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:38 pm 

i live in nassau county ny, theres a place called looney tunes music that has a bunch of great metal. anywhere else that has a good selection of thrash metal?

indometalgoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:45 am 

in indonesia..??

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:41 am 

Is School Kids records in Ann Arobr still open?

MultiPosts
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:54 pm 

Are there any good metal shops in/around Huntington Beach, California?

Katorevenge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:24 am 

This is a long shot, but is there literally anywhere in Yorkshire, England with a half-decent range of metal? I'm talking stuff that isn't HMV, because that's all there is. Preferably in Doncaster or Leeds/Sheffield? Not holding my breath but cheers.

The_Emo_Hater
Follically Challenged

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:30 pm 

An update of sorts:

Loose Nut Records in Grants Pass, Oregon, has closed its doors after only a year and a half :ugh:

Panflute
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:07 pm 

Is there any store left in Amsterdam that sells metal records beyond the usual Metallica crap? Like, a few months ago I was looking to finally go out and buy Darkthrone's Transilvanian Hunger, but I couldn't find a single store that sold Darkthrone releases. I can easily buy this stuff online, but once in a while I just like to buy music more or less on impulse. They used to sell these things at stores called Boudisque and Fame, but Boudisque closed a couple of years ago and Fame is going to close soon, and it already got rid of its metal section a while ago anyway. So, any other ideas?

IbexDeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:36 pm 

We ought to compile all these shops into a list in the name of convenience. Does the OP still post?

AreYouGammaRay
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:26 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Ribos wrote:
For anyone around Chicago, you should be very familiar with this store. If not, BECOME familiar with it:

http://www.metalhavenchicago.com

The website ain't pretty, but it should give you an idea of the comprehensiveness of this place. I very much recommend visiting the actual store for a better idea of what they've got. My metal collection wouldn't be half as large as it is is without this store.

I second, third, and zillionth every word of this post. The place is really awe inspiring. I've only been there twice but both times I cleaned my wallet with easily over a few thousand dollars worth of shit I still wanted just sitting on the shelves. Damn I really wish I didn't hate the city so much, or else I'd practically live there (money permitting of course... I need to hurry up and win the lottery so I can just buy everything there).

This place is out of business, anywhere else in the city?? I can't find anything here.

Deh Dabbler
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:45 am 

...in the North Texas/Dallas area?

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:03 am 

Anything around the Richmond area?

OneRodeToAsaBay
Unangeschnallt den Bullen reingefahren

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:26 pm 

IbexDeath wrote:
We ought to compile all these shops into a list in the name of convenience. Does the OP still post?
Not much these days since he's busy with his record label. I do think this would be a good idea, though, and would be willing to help compile the information provided and requested here.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:36 pm 

There's a new shop in Toronto if anyone's looking for one. Their focus is more on bestial and other extreme forms of underground metal, and the vast majority of their stock is releases (lots of tapes and CDs and CDrs).

Since it's run out of the owners basement though, I'm a little wary of putting the address here in the open, so contact [email protected] for more info and tell him Mark sent you.

vikingmetaler
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:22 pm 

I'm going to Fargo, North Carolina in a couple weeks. Are there any in that area?

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:11 pm 

Bangor, Maine? Venturing down there this weekend, hoping I can pick up some decent shirts being that I've pretty much cleaned out what we have here.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Ruthvenism
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:19 am 

The replies are way too many, so sorry if this is already posted.
Is there any Metal-shop here in Turku Finland, where i can get Metal Merchandize, shirt and stuffs? But other than recordshopX. Thank you

ghost223
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:30 am 

For anyone in Madison, Wisconsin; go to Earwax Records on State St.
Great metal shop

metalheadgod73
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:25 pm 

Do you guys know a metal record store in Paris France?

cuntmongrel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:48 pm 

If you're in the Chicago Area Go to Reckless Records 26 E. Madison Chicago IL. I found their prices a lot cheaper than the Fye on 26 East Randolph Street.

cuntmongrel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:49 pm 

Oi! Here's the link too.... http://www.reckless.com/

lml

AreYouGammaRay
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:34 pm 

Thanks!

DemonHellSpawn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:33 pm 

What would be the best place in North Eastern Ohio near Akron?

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:18 pm 

Are there any metal shops in the area of Hammonton, New Jersey? I know there's nothing in hammonton itself but are there are any stores in the towns outside of hammonton?

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:23 pm 

To all of those in the Metro Detroit area, there is a guy at the Gibraltar Trade center on Racho Road in Taylor that is selling vinyl for a buck. He also has cassettes for 50 cents, as well as 45s for 75 cents. I just bought a load of yes albums from the guy yesterday. It is really worth a look through his stand. Kevin.

Orkblut
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:00 pm 

Know any metal clubs or shops in Auckland, will be there Fri and Sat
or in Rotorua NZ?

CrownofWorms
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:52 pm 

I reside in Chicago Ill and I'm looking for some other record shops that's good for metal. I already know about Reckless(all stores) and Fye, but what are some others. I heard good things about Rolling Stone and Earwax is all the way in Wisconsin.

So far I found a nice place called The Exchange that is in Wicker Park(Milwaukee Ave) and it is right by Reckless, so its not so hard to find

TheGreatDuck
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:59 pm 

I'm looking for a shop with a somewhat wider selection of metal (mostly '80s/ early '90s heavy/speed/power/thrash/doom/prog/glam stuff), as well as hard rock, prog rock or AOR. Doesn't have to be a genre-specific shop.

EDIT: Fuck, forgot to say the name of the city. I need to find a shop in Graz, Austria.

Last edited by TheGreatDuck on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ratteknaeghe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:08 pm 

If anyone is interested in visiting Belgium. These are some quite interesting shops to check out:

* Metalzone shops: Just visit the site www.metalzone.be to find their location across Belgium (about 8 shops)

* I live in Antwerp, so some interesting places:
- FatKat records: Good collection of Extreme Metal Genres (Black Metal, Death Metal, Grindcore), other genres: Stoner, Doom, ... .
- De Rots: It's a Hard Rock/Metal Bar with a Metalshop: All Genres from Heavy Metal to Deathcore.
- Metalzone Antwerp: All genres and also a very interesting section with 2-hand stuff.

==> All these shops are in a range of 1 kilometer so excellent for shopping, bad for your wallet!

marrybogard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:59 am 

Well,
I'd like to let you know that you are not bigger freak about it than me!
I also like to find info about Metal but in my area there is no shop of Metal...

MortalScum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:25 am 

sgman wrote:
I moved to the Denver area recently, are there any shops here with a good metal selection?

Read my list on page 10, there's some good places here don't worry.

Deathshred66609
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:24 am 

Shaxul Records

http://www.shaxulrecords.com/

on the "haight"

Amoeba actually has a good selection as well

DemonHellSpawn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:25 am 

Amoeba has fairly everything.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 35  Next