Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
alexaons
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:45 pm 

Do you guys know if there is a Darkspace IV coming soon? The more I listen to this band, the more get addicted to it. You cant listen to Darkspace all the time, all day long, but with the right mood and atmosphere, its an amazing experience. So if some of you have any news about this band, by all means share it here please.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:58 pm 

No idea about a new album, but i love this band. All the albums have been excellent and different to each other. Very curious to see where they'll go next.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:21 am 

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about their 4th album, but I'm keen for it. I also really enjoy all their albums. Got a very suffocating feel to them, providing a different angle on the space themes than other bands.

(SPOILER: probably going to be called Dark Space IV and have track titles "Dark 4.18", "Dark 4.19", and so on. :P)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:36 am 

MikeyC wrote:
(SPOILER: probably going to be called Dark Space IV and have track titles "Dark 4.18", "Dark 4.19", and so on. :P)

:roll:
Thanks Mikey!! You bastard!

Cannot wait to hear more from this amazing group. Ever since hearing Dark Space I, I have been unable to escape their gravitational force....

My collection

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:39 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
:roll:
Thanks Mikey!! You bastard!

Cannot wait to hear more from this amazing group. Ever since hearing Dark Space I, I have been unable to escape their gravitational force....

Sorry for giving it away. :P

You really need to get the other two, mate. I'm positive you'll love them if you love I that much!

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:41 am 

MikeyC wrote:
You really need to get the other two, mate. I'm positive you'll love them if you love I that much!

Already bought them :wink:

My collection

PureNegativism
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:57 am 

You get my hopes up with topic titles like that...
At this point I think a would prefer some new Paysage D'Hiver.
It would be perfect with winter coming again.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:19 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

Already bought them :wink:

Disregard, then! :) You'll enjoy them for sure, dude.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:29 am 

A quite interesting band with an astonishing atmosphere, they represent the empytiness, darkness and coldness of the space perfectly well.

Anyway, with such an extreme taste for distorted vocals and guitars its not an "everyday band" for me, I need to have the right mood to listen to them.

By the way, Darkspace III was simply amazing, so I would like to listen to something new from these guys.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:37 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
Darkspace III was simply amazing

I know, right? Even with the long running times and the suffocating thickness of the production, it remains interesting from start to finish. "Dark 3.14" slows things down nicely, though. Wonderful.

And I love the sample in there. "Suppose what your faith has said is essentially correct...."

ZarathustraHead wrote:

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:43 am 

I used to like this band quite a bit. It was my favourite band for background music while playing certain computer games or taking nightly walks. Later I forgot the band for a while, and when I returned, the music struck to me as painfully melodramatic and pretentious. I also rememered why it was only background music; the compositions are extremely long-winded, samey and just boring. They have good ideas, but the execution is seriously lacking.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:01 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
I used to like this band quite a bit. It was my favourite band for background music while playing certain computer games or taking nightly walks. Later I forgot the band for a while, and when I returned, the music struck to me as painfully melodramatic and pretentious. I also rememered why it was only background music; the compositions are extremely long-winded, samey and just boring. They have good ideas, but the execution is seriously lacking.

I agree with this. It's music that is all right in the background but listening to it carefully is incredibly boring. Apparently they create a good spacey atmosphere? News to me, I can't recall any riffs really after listening to one of their albums.

Well, with a name like Darkspace I guess one isn't supposed to expect anything mindblowing or innovative. At least they have the good graces to let listeners know that space is actually dark and not rainbow-tinted.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:04 am 

MikeyC wrote:
Paganbasque wrote:

I know, right? Even with the long running times and the suffocating thickness of the production, it remains interesting from start to finish. "Dark 3.14" slows things down nicely, though. Wonderful.

And I love the sample in there. "Suppose what your faith has said is essentially correct...."

Darkspace I is my personal favorite. As you could have told from my review, it has just so much room for visual interpretation that it makes for one of the most interesting albums to listen to. :)

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:31 am 

PureNegativism wrote:

Wholly agreeing with this.

Still, Darkspace is great. I think III doesn't grab me quite as much as the first two because it feels a bit like they were rehashing at that point, but it's pretty awe-inspiring nonetheless. It'd be fantastic to hear more from them. I do remember reading a tidbit somewhere about a year ago to the effect that they were working on IV, so I think it's reasonable to expect it somewhere down the line, even if not extremely soon.

I'd still rather have PdH finally release Das Tor, though. All in all a more interesting project.

Mythics
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:54 am 

On the MySpace of Paysage d'Hiver; this picture was posted:

'Das Tor', or 'The Gate'.
the peacefulness is so big it dazes you.
- Sylvia Plath

FloristOfVampyrism
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:01 am 

PureNegativism wrote:
It would be perfect with winter coming again.

What would you listen to if it snowed in space?

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:00 pm 

Mythics wrote:
On the MySpace of Paysage d'Hiver; this picture was posted:

'Das Tor', or 'The Gate'.

AWESOME! I really hope it will get released soon, so we will have it when the winter comes in a few months!

Headless420
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:36 pm 

Darkspace is the pinnacle of atmospheric black metal. I don't think it can be done any better.

Haven't heard anything about a new album though.

A vinyl would be fucking killer though...

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:41 pm 

I really need to check this band out...

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:49 pm 

Oddeye wrote:
I really need to check this band out...

Worth a listen indeed Oddeye, the atmosphere Darkspace and PDH create is quite something, I would say Wintherr plays a big part in this, personally I also prefer PDH but in no way is this putting Darkspace down.

SleepingStar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:52 pm 

I really cannot get enough of this band...have been listening to Sun of the Blind instead for a bit of variety and so that I don't overdo it. Darkspace IV needs releasing soon!

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:53 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Paganbasque wrote:

I started a thread about this several months ago and still can't find any news about IV! It's easily the release I'm looking forward to most. And hopefully Wroth/Wintherr puts out some of the unreleased Paysage d'Hiver material.

Flugeldufel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:27 pm 

I'd love it if they came out with IV, but I think it's going to be a while. I really don't mind the complete silence from Darkspace/Tobias between releases, seems he likes to let the work speak for itself. Even the Kunsthall page has said that Schnee and Das Tor are "upcoming" for like a year now. Being secret and anonymous is cool these days, but he/they really are that way with no pretentiousness. I'm content to think that new shit will be out eventually, and I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:44 pm 

SleepingStar wrote:
I really cannot get enough of this band...have been listening to Sun of the Blind instead for a bit of variety and so that I don't overdo it. Darkspace IV needs releasing soon!

In line with this post. SotB takes the same approach from a different angle. Spices up a little, but I want a IV.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:14 pm 

Avantgarde Music (their label) say it will be out in early 2012. This news was posted on their Facebook page a few months ago.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

alexaons
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:28 pm 

juicebitch wrote:
Avantgarde Music (their label) say it will be out in early 2012. This news was posted on their Facebook page a few months ago.

Good news thank you. How wonder what approch they will take on this one. Something more experimental like Darkspace II or still in the line of I and III, or maybe something new..

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:03 am 

waiguoren wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:

I agree with this. It's music that is all right in the background but listening to it carefully is incredibly boring. Apparently they create a good spacey atmosphere? News to me, I can't recall any riffs really after listening to one of their albums.

Well, with a name like Darkspace I guess one isn't supposed to expect anything mindblowing or innovative. At least they have the good graces to let listeners know that space is actually dark and not rainbow-tinted.

I've always found Darkspace to be anything but background music. Every moment of Darkspace 3 is utterly fantastic. Keep listening to it and it might grow on you.

Mythics
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:36 am 

captain_che wrote:
I started a thread about this several months ago and still can't find any news about IV! It's easily the release I'm looking forward to most. And hopefully Wroth/Wintherr puts out some of the unreleased Paysage d'Hiver material.

If I recall correctly, the three Schnee tracks (simply called Schnee I, Schnee II and Schnee II) wil be released as well as an indepent release (compilation probably). Schnee II was only released on the Wurzelgeister compilation, but a rerecorded version (with better sound quality) can be found on the Paysage d'Hiver Myspace (or YouTube). Schnee III has never been released up to this point (and Schnee I of course with the split with Vinterriket), but can be found on the band's MySpace (or YouTube) as well.

I also hope that the track Gletschertor will be released again, as it can currently only be found on a compilation of two (including the Schneesturm compilation). It's quite a unique track, as the ambient sound of those snow storms and wind are extremely hard in the mix, almost taking over the role of the guitar so to speak. Great track overall :)
the peacefulness is so big it dazes you.
- Sylvia Plath

alexaons
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:21 pm 

Its now the end of 2012, still nothing?

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:00 pm 

Well, they were working on and released the remake of Dark Space -I.

I assume we will be seeing something on Dark Space IV in 2013.

katatonia47
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:19 pm 

I emailed them last year asking about it, and they said they were in the recording process. So everybody involved might just be considering the re-recording of Darkspace -1 to be Darkspace IV

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:22 am 

I am satisfied with this answer.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

R4V
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:12 pm 

i've got a message form their "newsletter"
e-mail title -Transmission protocol 120501750
message -
retrieve incoming protocol

http://www.darkcyberspace.com/120501750.html "
when you'll visit this link you'll find a message written in morse code, which says
"DARKSPACE CALLING DSSC.
MISSION: DARK SPACE IIII
ENCOUNTER. GEO COORDINATES: 46.94051, 7.44396. TIME: 062200BSEP14.
END OF TRANSMISSION"
coordinates shows some restaurant in Bern
https://maps.google.pl/maps?safe=off&q= ... CCwQ8gEwAA
any ide what this time TIME: 062200BSEP14 really means ? sep propably means a september of 2014 but about the rest i have completly no idea.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:24 pm 

That's really fucking cool thanks for sharing. Seeing as how they are a Swiss band it's probably a message about a release party or a show or something of that nature. Makes me sad I live in the States, hopefully though it means we are close to getting a new Darkspace album.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Flugeldufel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:38 pm 

Well that's an instant order if it turns out to be really happening.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:02 pm 

Kind of bizarre to hold a release party in a restaurant (although it is a big building). The supposed timestamp is awkward though. "062200B" doesn't look like any kind of format I've seen before. Googling just that, sans the "SEP14" reference, gives out a hex colour that's "very dark (mostly black) lime green". Even more bizarre if you ask me.

Speculation and cryptography aside I'm pretty much on board with this, and I'm really curious where they're going after III and Das Tor. Although the later is from a side project, it does have its fair share of similarities with the main band. New direction or same direction? That I'd like to know.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:08 pm 

I don't think the venue is that outside the box, I mean really it could be a little concert hall where they will have a show and give out the traditional 500 limited vinyl copies or whatever they usually do, fuckers. Loads of bands, including lots of bigger name bands, still play small intimate venues over here in the states and a lot of the time those venues end up being a bar of sorts. Like when I saw Gorguts, it was at a bar. I know both Amon Amarth and Blind Guardian have also played really small venues (at least in Chicago) in the past, so yeah not unheard of by any means.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

TheLastSucker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:26 pm 

I really hope this mean a new album is on the way.

Flugeldufel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:01 pm 

I'm sure I'd be into whatever they do. Something more album oriented like Dark Space II would be my hope, a continuously flowing trip into the void.

R4V
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:47 pm 

HA !
i sent a message to darkspace about this time, what it means
from me
"TIME: 062200BSEP14

what does it exactly means ? i really have to know."

they replied with this.
so it's 6th of september 2014 at 22:00.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next