Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:11 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Qui Gon is supposed to be the wise but renegade master (with the awesome long hair), imo Liam Neeson is always welcome, i'll take 10 movies of Jar Jar Binks instead of Hayden Fucken Christensen.

First of all, what was up with the names of these Jedi? I mean, Kit (Kid) Fisto?
Second, not knocking Neeson as an actor, but the character, like caspian said, was really inconsistent. At least have him do a better job at guiding Obi by having Obi do all the main chores instead of waiting on the ship, speaking to all the unimportant characters, saying little to the important characters, etc. Better dialogue would have helped tremendously, too.

Also, I hope I'm not one of the only guys that likes Christensen in this way: he as an actor probably isn't awful (haven't seen his other movies, so I may be dead wrong), but his lines were horrible. I mean, what was he supposed to work with? His character was thrust into a movie with no real sets, no real dialogue, no real emotion, and really really bad writing. He had practically nothing to work with. Even in the fan edits of those last two prequel movies it can only clean up so much. It's not just him, though, as everyone sucks because of all the above-mentioned. I for one think he had a great look to him with the baggy eyes and longer hair in III - good sort of descending look without overdoing anything.
Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
That was actually a request by Samuel L. :lol:

Oh, well, jokes on me.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:50 am 

Take it, Seattle.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:19 pm 

Of course, Christensen is not that bad, the only actor who was decent in the 2nd trilogy was McGregor, even Jackson, Portman were terrible. I blame Lucas!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:45 pm 

For sure. I mean, what the fuck was Portman supposed to do with 'I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life". Puke factory.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:36 am 

CorpseFister wrote:
For sure. I mean, what the fuck was Portman supposed to do with 'I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life". Puke factory.

If Christensen was in my life, I'd be dying too.

hunglikemouse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:11 pm 

Check out my brothers youtube channel. The dude makes his own Star Wars weapons and Armour.
http://www.youtube.com/user/mason1974#p/u/1/Akhac6MSmpM

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:07 am 

CorpseFister wrote:

Yeah I really despised the whole "She has lost the will to live" plot device.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:09 am 

Diamhea wrote:
CorpseFister wrote:

Its shit like this that made me hate the third movie so much. So many important things happen, and they have no good reasoning behind them.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:52 pm 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
Diamhea wrote:

Its shit like this that made me hate the third movie so much. So many important things happen, and they have no good reasoning behind them.

You guys need to see the fanedits of that movie. Takes out all the :ugh: and makes a little more sense of it. Also cuts out the "nnnnnnuuuuuuuuuuOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". (I'm talking about the 86 minute one - a little short by SW standards, but cleans up A LOT).

IIRC it's this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqQxa-b9qc0
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:09 pm 

If you think our Politions have put us in debt, this is how much the people of the republic had to pay for Palpatine's Deathstar.

http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/225648/

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:34 pm 

Aurone, you're a veteran and that's very clear thread necromancy...

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Count Dirt Nap
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:37 pm 

CorpseFister wrote:

That made the most amount of sense in all the 3 prequels. I was like "finally. Someone in the movie is feeling how I feel watching it."

They can give Anakin a robotic arm but they cant save a girl who just learned that everything sucks from dying because she lost the will to live from the crushing depression of seeing George Lucas have full control over something.

She probably refused treatment. I would too. Everything sucks, nothing makes sense, you got tricked into pity sex by a guy using the worst lines in the world who is also a paranoid lunatic who killed children on 2 seperate occassions.

Id choose death too.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6