Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:37 am 

I'd love to have something like sleeves, but as a human being I don't think I'm hardcore enough for those. Next tattoos I plan on getting are the Mandalorian skull and the Sith manifesto, but I'm not sure how I feel about text tattoos. Plus, that'd be a lot of text and I'm not sure where I'd put it. Both shoulders are taken, hmm.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:08 am 

I'm getting a tattoo of a bigger penis on my penis.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:47 am 

ANationalAcrobat wrote:
I'm getting a tattoo of a bigger penis on my penis.

You don't know how many times I've used that exact line when i have talked to other people about tattoos.

toto_death
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:55 am 

KC_Slaanesh wrote:
I really like all 3 of those Toto. Especially the evil wizard crow that looks like the guy from The Dark Crystal, that's bitchin. I don't quite understand where the third one will fit in however. To compare/discuss seriously mine's on my link, I can imagine it's poor etiquette to post a big ass picture every time a tattoo thread comes up.

ill post the three tattoos together when i have the time,,,thanks
Expedience wrote:
toto_death I like your tats also. And that's saying a lot - I normally hate most tattoos.

thanks
Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
I just got this about a month or two ago. It's the best picture I could get of it at the moment.
I drew up the design myself, and just really wanted it, so I got it. I plan on get many many more.
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g346/gelseth_andrano/Picture24.jpg

nice

tronics
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:43 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
it's got more meaning to him than looking cool.

I have tatts and the only real criteria I have before I get one is that it does look cool. That's good enough for me. Some people think every twist and turn of a tattoo has to have some significance or a reference to an 18th century novel or something - not me. I just need to like the look of it.

Mortal Scum - personally I'm not a fan of that one at the top of the thread, bro. My first impression was that it was a piranha, but if you like it then get it done by all means, don't 2nd guess yourself just because some of us don't like it.

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:08 am 

I agree man, the simple fact is that most people that see it don't give a fuck what it means either, they just wanna see something interesting. I'm not saying a tattoo shouldn't have personal meaning but some people get tattoos "to remind myself" about something, usually a dead friend or pet. What "remind myself" ends up meaning is "remind everyone who looks even if they didn't know the motherfucker." I have this supervisor at work, and she started getting all talky with me about her ankle tattoo for her dead granddaughter who died from SIDS. She has a SIDS ribbon on her ankle apparently. My first reaction (un-vocalized of course): "Wow, they got a fucking ribbon for everything now." So yeah remember personal meaning is just that, don't expect other people to care what ink means to you.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

wreath_of_coils
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:00 pm 

I am totally thinking about getting a tattoo of a skull with a knife clinched between it's teeth, the lettering around the skull will read "My Mama Didn't Love Me."

moshforce
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:04 pm 

I'm going to get the angel of Led zeppelin between my shoulders

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:07 pm 

moshforce wrote:
I'm going to get the angel of Led zeppelin between my shoulders

That's pretty badass, I wanted to get the Zoso on my wrist for the longest time, I still might.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

Craggzy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:38 am 

I've got a traditional style sleeve with japanese art desisgns, Carcass logo on my inner bicep and Darkthrone logo on my calf, No more band tattoos for me.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:43 am 

You hate Carcass and Darkthrone nowadays?

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:50 am 

I've got a slew of tattoos. I don't think I would if my girlfriend wasn't a tattoo artist for a living, but that just makes it too easy! My left leg is currently getting half-sleeved up to my knee in Harvey Birdman characters. I've got Harvey, X the Eliminator and Mentok the Mindtaker so far - next up is Phil Ken Sebben and Blue Falcone, then some filler stuff and it will be complete. On my right leg I've got my favorite panel from 'The Killing Joke' - the one at the end of just Batman's face with the slightest smirk on it and the bubble saying "Heh.". On my upper left arm I've got Hot Stuff the little devil because I'm a fucking dork. I'm going to eventually get my bands logo tattooed on my chest, and I'm also planning on getting a fairly decent sized Godzilla piece and a few band logos (Opeth, Iron Maiden) and maybe a portrait of Frederic Chopin.

Craggzy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:03 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:
You hate Carcass and Darkthrone nowadays?

No, I love both bands still I just think two is enough

bassistneededlolnot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:16 pm 

I have decided to get a tattoo but I am clueless as to what I'm going to get. I'm seriously thinking about going to an artist and just brainstorming ideas. I'd be more comfortable letting the artist decide what to etch into my skin than deciding for myself, to be honest. I tend to always make the wrong decision. Always.

Plus, the tattoo artist I'm thinking of had Vader playing through the loudspeakers when I was in his shop waiting on my friend to get his piercing. This was surprising considering I live in Hicktown, Ohio.

Criteria for upcoming tattoo:

1) Must be "Satanic" in nature
2) Must be awesome

The "Satanic" aspect is due mainly to the fact that I'm about to just pack my clothes and move my ass far away. This is "Satanic" in the sense that I am placing faith in my ability to adapt and am remaining open to whatever shall happen to me- even despite the knee-jerk "You're an idiot" response I get from friends when I talk about doing this. I figure this tattoo will help encourage me to go forward with these plans. It should remind me that there are other people out there who have done such a thing and have succeeded. I know this sounds cheesy, but its my reasoning.

Ideas are welcome.

Crowfoot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:33 pm 

While we were in Helsinki for Tuska 2010 we were recommended to a Tattoist who we have found is an amazing artist . He did two excellent grim reapers on my other halfs upper arms and a cover up of a crap old tat on my ankle.We are now going to travel from South Australia to Finland for lots more ink, just to use this guy again knowing we will get what we came for.
My advice would be to research pics, save up big , book in to a proven artist and as always if you pay peanuts you will get monkeys!
Cheers big ears!!!!!

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:04 am 

bassistneededlolnot wrote:
I have decided to get a tattoo but I am clueless as to what I'm going to get. I'm seriously thinking about going to an artist and just brainstorming ideas. I'd be more comfortable letting the artist decide what to etch into my skin than deciding for myself, to be honest. I tend to always make the wrong decision. Always.

So you do. Not coming up with your own idea is the wrongest decision you could possibly make! If you don't know what you want, don't get anything.

bassistneededlolnot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:23 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:
bassistneededlolnot wrote:

So you do. Not coming up with your own idea is the wrongest decision you could possibly make! If you don't know what you want, don't get anything.

Probably right, but I don't think its utterly retarded as long as the design is emotionally and visually appealing. I guess this goes along the lines of getting a band logo tattooed on yourself even though you weren't the one to conjure up the design. I know it sounds like a terrible idea to get a tattoo that somebody else designed for you, but I'm chronically indecisive about everything. I'd probably give the artist some parameters to work with, look at his sketch, and fall in love with it.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:05 am 

Don't let'em talk you into anything, they're always looking for someone to craft their masterpiece upon.

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:43 am 

I have a bunch of tats, with several more ideas in mind.My best friend is a tattoo artist, and he's been doing my work for the last 5 years. Here is the list and in parentheses what I intend to do to finish it. I can post pics if needed, but I just didn't want to be the first to post up like ten different pics.

Chest, from elbow to elbow: A Skull over top a bloodsplatter with two sawbones crossing behind it(still needs about two more good sessions)

Left shoulder: A crest with the Odal rune.(Not finished. Needs one more session of color)

Right shoulder: A crest with the Thurisaz rune. (My first one, and still my favorite.)

Left arm: A typical celtic cross covering my forearm, filled with parts of yellow and green throughout. The Center is a triskele.

My left knuckles: Just wanted something, 1013, the month and year of my birthday.

Right arm upper: It's my newest tattoo, the first shading job of a portrait of something similar to a Satan. (Noteworthy to mention to make up for it karmawise, I am getting a tattoo of the Southpark god to make up for it, on the top of my left shoulder.)

Right arm upper: Slightly over from the Satan is a partially finished job of a demon. (the entire sleeve's background art will probably be black in white, something Dante's infernoish, I guess.

Right forearm: It's kind of a Scooby Doo cartoon style of the Frankenstein, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Mummy monsters. It needs a little touch up work on the color, but I am satisfied for the time being. Don't know if I will put the rest of the monsters on the back of my forearm, or just connect it to another piece.

Top of right hand: The I Ching symbol for the Wanderer. Translates to Fire Over Mountain.

On my pointer finger, right hand: The algiz rune.

Outer right calve, about ten inches in height: A Guinness pint glass, filled with a head. The only thing it is missing is a shimmer effect. I am going to put a red harp behind it.

Outer left calve, about a foot in height, a head to toe picture of Cornholio (I plan to get Butthead on the other side, headbanging with the horns up. The background will be something from the mescaline trip in Do America. I haven't put a band name on Beavis' shirt yet, because I am not putting AC/DC or Metallica. I am still deciding on witch bands to put)

Those are my tattoos. A few of them are unfinished,but I get them for free, (barring the six pack or wild herbs I bring for us, and a tip, since he is a best friend and I wouldn't feel right not giving him any money) by a professional artist, so I think I am doing okay. We just go from piece to piece, working a little at a time on whichever he feels like.

And before anything gets started about the runes, especially the Odal, I am not a racist or a skinhead by any stretch of the imagination, I just am really interested in runes, nordic mythology, and anthropology in general..

Sorry for the rant...

My Ebay Store

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:50 pm 

I always wanted the behemoth serpent thing on my upper middle back. then i realized a million people had that. i still have no ink.

AltarsInGore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:21 pm 

I have a few tattoos myself! Working on both my full sleeves at the moment, here are a few I have completed/in the works:

The leopard print has since been worked on some more, it will be solid blue. The other beauty is my INCANTATION tattoo. Quite proud of that one!

I am currently working on several, my leopard print, a Thulcandra/Kristian Whalin piece, seams up the back of my legs and I may add some more bats. Thursday I get a tattoo on my shoulder of a big spider web shaded with black and green, stoked! I am no where near finished!

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:47 pm 

AltarsInGore wrote:
I have a few tattoos myself! Working on both my full sleeves at the moment, here are a few I have completed/in the works:

The leopard print has since been worked on some more, it will be solid blue. The other beauty is my INCANTATION tattoo. Quite proud of that one!

Have you never been interested in posing for SG?

AltarsInGore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:02 pm 

Not going to lie, I applied and got accepted on my 18th Birthday but in reality I don't want to pose nude. I've done pinup and goth "modeling" and burlesque but I prefer to keep it classy. I am not a fan of that site, I Had a SG room mate once and she was a fucking nightmare.

Cinerary
Fuckin' killed a guy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:27 pm 

The Funebrarum shirt almost makes up for the sandals.

almost.

AltarsInGore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:32 pm 

What do you have against my flip flops?

Cinerary
Fuckin' killed a guy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:36 pm 

I'd have to show you on a doll where they touched me and I didn't bring a doll.

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:58 pm 

A chick shows a picture of herself on the forum and everyone gets creepy. Surprise...

My Ebay Store

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:00 pm 

Yo, flip flops are bad for your health.

Cinerary
Fuckin' killed a guy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:25 pm 

americanholocaust wrote:
A chick shows a picture of herself on the forum and everyone gets creepy. Surprise...

:lol: I was creepy long before this.

EDIT: I thought this comment was funny considering I'm walking out the door to go to work where I spend 10 hours testing out vibrators for women. :)

Tapsa93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:46 pm 

Would love to have a slightly modified version of the tattoo that Galder has.

http://www.pvg.edu.lv/datori/konkursi/2 ... zfest2.jpg

foul body autopsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:29 pm 

i really like this design;

but i will take an image of it into a tattoo shop and i eventually want to incorporate some sort of caging over the cogs like in this pic;

but overall, i would like a hr giger style to it in someway, hopefully manage to get it started on later this year, but will take both images (somehow into an artist that's good with depth and greys and see what they come up with.

Myrtroen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:59 pm 

No thanks, I respect the art but it seems everyone including my mom has tattoos now so I choose to abstain for the sake of being a trve and kult nature (Satan) worshipping Pagan black metaller. Tattoos are for ww2 vets.

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:48 pm 

Myrtroen wrote:
No thanks, I respect the art but it seems everyone including my mom has tattoos now

It is weird to think that most people other than our grandparent's generation have tattoos now compared to those that don't. And tattoos still manage to be frowned upon in some circles, no matter the level of their innocence.

My Ebay Store

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:48 am 

That's because our grandparent's generation is still large and in charge. Soon, though...

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:23 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
That's because our grandparent's generation is still large and in charge. Soon, though...

This might turn out to be true, and I don't personally mind tattoos that are done in good taste. However, get something above the collar line, or on your hands, and it WILL make it much harder to get certain jobs in the real world. It's not about discrimination, when you get to a certain level in various organizations, it's about the message it sends: the person with anything tattooed on the face, for example, does not show very good judgement. While it makes no difference to a person laying bricks or writing software in a cubicle, for anyone with any contact with the outside world it makes a shitton of difference. And it's not about the grampa's generation either, really.

While I'm cool with tattoos, I would not hire anyone with highly visible tattoos to any position in my team. It's not about my opinions, it's about the customers and higher-ups. And the first impression it makes.

AltarsInGore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:05 pm 

I work as an esthetician in a high end spa in an area of BC called White Rock which is known for having some of the richest people in the province. While I get clients who are dirt poor or filthy rich and I have been doing my job for 6 years I have only ONCE in my career had someone deny a service from me because of my tattoos. Majority of the time clients will make comments, asking me if they hurt, if they're real, if they're permanent, where do I get them done, how long do they take, what do they mean. Or they say nothing at all. I used to have to wear long sleeves at my current job but the amount of positive feed back about my tattoos means I don't have to! I work in the beauty industry and I honestly believe my tattoos have helped my pay cheque grow! Discrimination of someone because they have tattoos to be a big crock of bulllllllllllll shit. Alright, I agree, you get a gang symbol, you're a real piece of work yourself. I would never get my face, hands or neck done myself but I am not against it. I often laugh when I see people who clearly didn't think over their tattoo choice but to each their own!

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:20 pm 

I kind of like how I've precluded myself from ever working face to face with customers, because I hate it! Never again! It does suck how some warehouse jobs and such around here take exception to visible tattoos, but fuck it hopefully I'm not working those jobs forever either.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

Cinerary
Fuckin' killed a guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:33 pm 

Why would a warehouse job give a shit whether you're tatted up or not? That seems strange to me. At least I'm in a place where I have to work with people and nobody really cares. As long as you show up, you can look like a litter box as long as you show up.

The last warehouse I worked in didn't have a problem with my appearance. I just figured most was like that.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:38 pm 

It's not *completely* strange. In some small operations, warehouse regulars may interact with customers/drivers/company higher ups on a regular to semi-regular basis. The bigger the warehouse, the greater the more stratified the division of labor is apt to be, thus the less concerting they will likely be about tattoos. Of course it could just be the old guy managers being old guys. Usually it's not a problem, but these things come up from time to time.

swayze
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:18 am 

Eyeball tat on the first page really reminds me of the Calgary Flames. Not the whole eye, just the middle part, that looks like a flaming C... from a Flames jersey. I like the tat though... I'd just tweak that inner bit a tad.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next