Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Raagoonshinnaah
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:35 am
Posts: 11
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:45 am 
 

hello, please help to identify this band and album

I think they sound a bit like NEVERMORE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LLBAX18Q

sorry for the horrible transfer of the mp3

Top
 Profile  
Fortifiv3
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:00 am
Posts: 229
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:12 am 
 

What's the name of this song? If it helps I think it's by Suffocation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJk0cZ84LQo

I could only get a small part of it as it was playing on the radio.

Top
 Profile  
aka137
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:39 am
Posts: 99
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:44 pm 
 

Hey im looking for i think it was either a melodic black or death metal band with heaps of fast cowbell in the drumming

Top
 Profile  
gcb1000
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:03 am
Posts: 12
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:51 pm 
 

Does anyone know the following Death Metal song from early 90s - I'm trying to find the artist.
I think the name of the song was "On a Tombstone" and that lyric plus the lyric "memories of mother" where in the song.
I heard the song on a Compilation but no longer have the compilation.
I've tried searching for it but have been unable to find anything out.

Top
 Profile  
Erobrer
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:25 am
Posts: 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:50 pm 
 

I am looking for the artist of this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3MuJYLk7W0
_________________
http://i52.tinypic.com/2rghw11.jpg /
TheAmmonite's wisdom

Top
 Profile  
Feltzkrone
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:20 pm
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:21 pm 
 

Erobrer wrote:
I am looking for the artist of this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3MuJYLk7W0


That song is When Thousand Candles Cry from Mayhemic Truth's "In Memoriam".

Top
 Profile  
Frozenith
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:42 pm
Posts: 90
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:13 am 
 

Recently I was searching for a particular album to download and what I got instead was a completely different album with all the tracks renamed. It sounds like some generic metalcore but it's bugging me not knowing what band it really is. Any ideas?

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/11/ ... titled.mp3

Top
 Profile  
triggerhappy
Veteran

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:56 am
Posts: 2945
Location: Singapore
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:34 am 
 

Anyone know what song this riff is from? I'm quite sure it was death metal, and it was the chorus riff. I also think the main part of the chorus is the song title, and has 5 syllables.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a4q0inc5u234se6 (.mid file)
_________________
Under_Starmere wrote:
Veracs wrote:
Thats a shitload of Gargoyle mp3's you have on that thing I'm sure.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

Top
 Profile  
Opus
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:06 am
Posts: 1838
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:20 pm 
 

Anyone got info on this band, Presence? Sounds like very late American metal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngidTFM- ... ture=feedu
_________________
Do the words Heavy Metal mean anything to you other than buttcore, technical progressive assgrind or the like?
Dudemanguy wrote:
Opus is pretty much the latest and greatest

Top
 Profile  
SignOfTheCrosshair
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:46 am
Posts: 17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:58 pm 
 

From the Get Thrashed documentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUMC4eUUflk#t=0m21s


Can anybody help me with that one? There's no song key in the credits and I haven't been successful in finding it out any way as well...
thanks in advance

Top
 Profile  
TeRRorBld
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:48 am
Posts: 482
Location: Greece
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:07 pm 
 

SignOfTheCrosshair wrote:
From the Get Thrashed documentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUMC4eUUflk#t=0m21s


Can anybody help me with that one? There's no song key in the credits and I haven't been successful in finding it out any way as well...
thanks in advance


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzT5ji3mnzE#t=4m44s

I can't find it in the credits too. So unhelpful, just a list of bands. How do they expect to promote them like this :lol:
_________________
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit. -Bill Hicks
last.fm

Top
 Profile  
codinacan
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:36 pm
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:54 am 
 

Hi there, new to the forum, loads of useful information so keep up the good work.

Anyway, what bring me here is one endless quest for a band i heard about 15 years ago, and i can't seem to find it anywhere. And to make things worst, i don't remember much of it. But, and this is a major but, it had a video, and it even aired at least once in VIVA, i guess in Metalla. So, it seems like it can be done, but i am searching for years now. So, everything i know, and i know it's not much, (but hey, if i never ask, i'll never know) is this:

- the name of the band is/was Creep, or some derivation of it (the creep, the creeps, creeper, creep plus some other word), altough it can be possible that my brain is playing tricks on me and it can be something similar phonetically or even visually close.

- it's a trio, or a three piece band, drum, guitar and bass, with vocals on the guitar. their sound is sort of crossover/groove, going from king x to melvins, or even prong.

- the song i heard, was about pigs and mud if i remember correctly. i started like "piiiiiiiiigs........ wallow in the mud (?)" and had a really cool guitar harmonic in one of the riffs. no idea about the title.

- the video was filmed in a beach/mud pool, with the band playing and stomping mud and water around. the lead singer wore reading glasses, if i remember.

well that it. i know this isn't the average metal question, but it's a real puzzle for me. i have been the last 5 (?) years squeezing my brains for more details, but get nowhere closer. in the other hand, i now know a lot of bands named creep.

so any info about it would be welcome. and no, it's no that easy to google it. i'm hoping that i was not the only person to watch that video.
and thanks anyway.

edit: this post was on it's own topic, but this topic is more correct.

Top
 Profile  
trommnorse
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:17 am
Posts: 4
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:33 pm 
 

Got another one for ya. Anyone help me with this one?

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XF0164CT

Top
 Profile  
RoyalArchetype
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:40 am
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:09 am 
 

Okay, here's one.
Kinda reminds me of Mayhemic Truth, but I'm not sure if it's them or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfXO2K_qSpk

Top
 Profile  
Vorgein
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:41 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:20 am 
 

RoyalArchetype wrote:
Okay, here's one.
Kinda reminds me of Mayhemic Truth, but I'm not sure if it's them or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfXO2K_qSpk


That's Morrigan - Giants of Stone, off their Celts album in 2003.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkBI_3cCK0

Top
 Profile  
RoyalArchetype
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:40 am
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:35 pm 
 

Vorgein wrote:
RoyalArchetype wrote:
Okay, here's one.
Kinda reminds me of Mayhemic Truth, but I'm not sure if it's them or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfXO2K_qSpk


That's Morrigan - Giants of Stone, off their Celts album in 2003.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkBI_3cCK0


Oh wow...I guess I wasn't far off when I said they sounded like Mayhemic Truth! lol

Top
 Profile  
Vorgein
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:41 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:31 pm 
 

RoyalArchetype wrote:

Oh wow...I guess I wasn't far off when I said they sounded like Mayhemic Truth! lol


Not at all! The stuff they do as Morrigan is really good though. I'd recommend checking more of it out.

Top
 Profile  
gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:54 pm
Posts: 907
Location: Peru
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:19 pm 
 

Im searching for a song, of a sweedish Melodeth band, that its name has to do with snow, or white, or winter... Thanks in advance

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:52 pm 
 

gomorro wrote:
Im searching for a song, of a sweedish Melodeth band, that its name has to do with snow, or white, or winter... Thanks in advance

http://www.metal-archives.com/search/ad ... eath#songs
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
kale100
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 3:28 pm
Posts: 302
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:00 am 
 

Was listening to a song on local radio station, it was pretty high quality death metal, judging from production it couldn't have been older than mid 90s. Throughout most of the song there was this one guy just wailing on a saxhophone...I thought someone figured it out once, but what they recommended was some band with a bunch of 30 second songs that was really random sounding, I forget that band's name too, something to do with a city maybe...whatever it is it isn't that. Also as of about a year ago it was not any band you could type in "jazz" under genre on the archive and find on youtube.

Top
 Profile  
Opus
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:06 am
Posts: 1838
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:19 pm 
 

Pan-Thy-Monium?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KsfSrppDRg

That other band, which it's not, would have been John Zorn's Naked City.
_________________
Do the words Heavy Metal mean anything to you other than buttcore, technical progressive assgrind or the like?
Dudemanguy wrote:
Opus is pretty much the latest and greatest

Top
 Profile  
kale100
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 3:28 pm
Posts: 302
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:14 am 
 

Hmmm, that may have been it, but after listening to every song on their three albums I just didn't feel any "Aha! There it is!" moments. Thanks for the attempt though, excellent band.

Top
 Profile  
hogturd
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:46 pm
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:52 pm 
 

help! who is this thrash / crossover, '89 - '91. i have 2 songs on cassette with no label... no memory... bummer.

http://www.vanhansons.com/Unknown1.mp3

Top
 Profile  
vengefulgoat
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:15 am
Posts: 977
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:28 pm 
 

Nokturnal Mortum - Lunar Poetry
Image

Top
 Profile  
DrFunkenstein
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:53 pm
Posts: 651
Location: Azerbaijan
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:49 pm 
 

I remember a song by I think a thrash band, I only remember the one lyric, "I believe in bad." They were a foreign band, maybe German, Brazilian or Japanese or something, either way it was pretty clear English wasn't their first language
_________________
Cloud Surfing Media Internet Marketing

Top
 Profile  
psyote
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 12:44 am
Posts: 131
Location: Philippines
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:49 am 
 

I am looking for a song with words "Laying of" and "Waste" in the title by a blackened death metal band. It was released at around 2004-05. Thank you
_________________
Zelkiiro wrote:
maxxpower wrote:
What is Latin metal?

Enrique Iglesias + blast beats.

Top
 Profile  
psyote
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 12:44 am
Posts: 131
Location: Philippines
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:52 am 
 

psyote wrote:
I am looking for a song with words "Laying of" and "Waste" in the title by a blackened death metal band. It was released at around 2004-05. Thank you


I would also add that the band is said to have no bassist and actually looking for one (around 2005) and the snare drum has the sound comparable with that of A Skull Full of Maggots'.
_________________
Zelkiiro wrote:
maxxpower wrote:
What is Latin metal?

Enrique Iglesias + blast beats.

Top
 Profile  
tronics
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:58 am
Posts: 241
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:01 am 
 

psyote wrote:
psyote wrote:
I am looking for a song with words "Laying of" and "Waste" in the title by a blackened death metal band. It was released at around 2004-05. Thank you


I would also add that the band is said to have no bassist and actually looking for one (around 2005) and the snare drum has the sound comparable with that of A Skull Full of Maggots'.


This it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBACxa4S2eY
_________________
http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/The+Best+Uncensored+Crank+Calls+Volume+2/3463641

Top
 Profile  
psyote
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 12:44 am
Posts: 131
Location: Philippines
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:14 am 
 

Thanks dude. I think that it is the same song I asked but I noticed it has more modern sound than the one I heard.
_________________
Zelkiiro wrote:
maxxpower wrote:
What is Latin metal?

Enrique Iglesias + blast beats.

Top
 Profile  
ralfikk123
Waffle

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:14 am
Posts: 1314
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:52 pm 
 

http://www.myspace.com/video/parkdale-m ... on/1308226

What is the name of this song that is playing at the beginning?
_________________
Napero wrote:
For the first time in 9 years, I have a brand new PC. This has 1277% more banning power than anything I've owned before.

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

Top
 Profile  
tronics
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:58 am
Posts: 241
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:33 am 
 

gcb1000 wrote:
Does anyone know the following Death Metal song from early 90s - I'm trying to find the artist.
I think the name of the song was "On a Tombstone" and that lyric plus the lyric "memories of mother" where in the song.
I heard the song on a Compilation but no longer have the compilation.
I've tried searching for it but have been unable to find anything out.

I gotcha - http://www.metrolyrics.com/memories-of- ... hers.html#
_________________
http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/The+Best+Uncensored+Crank+Calls+Volume+2/3463641

Top
 Profile  
tronics
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:58 am
Posts: 241
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:43 am 
 

DrFunkenstein wrote:
I remember a song by I think a thrash band, I only remember the one lyric, "I believe in bad." They were a foreign band, maybe German, Brazilian or Japanese or something, either way it was pretty clear English wasn't their first language


Sodom's "Blasphemer" ticks all the boxes.
Black metal is the game I play
'cause no one show me the right way
I am a bloody Antichrist, only believe in bad
Spit at the church, Evil I get

Blasphemer. . . .
Rites of death, Return to Hell
I am Satan's child, attack you with Spell

I turn the cross upside down
and read Satanic Bible with fucking grown
my life begins at midnight twelve
masturbate to kill myself

Blasphemer. . . .

I love to drink my own blood
my sin is my life in a war with god
I talk to the demons night tonight
make love and black masses in a dark shadow light

Blasphemer. . . .
_________________
http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/The+Best+Uncensored+Crank+Calls+Volume+2/3463641

Top
 Profile  
tronics
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:58 am
Posts: 241
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:50 am 
 

codinacan wrote:
Hi there, new to the forum, loads of useful information so keep up the good work.

Anyway, what bring me here is one endless quest for a band i heard about 15 years ago, and i can't seem to find it anywhere. And to make things worst, i don't remember much of it. But, and this is a major but, it had a video, and it even aired at least once in VIVA, i guess in Metalla. So, it seems like it can be done, but i am searching for years now. So, everything i know, and i know it's not much, (but hey, if i never ask, i'll never know) is this:

- the name of the band is/was Creep, or some derivation of it (the creep, the creeps, creeper, creep plus some other word), altough it can be possible that my brain is playing tricks on me and it can be something similar phonetically or even visually close.

- it's a trio, or a three piece band, drum, guitar and bass, with vocals on the guitar. their sound is sort of crossover/groove, going from king x to melvins, or even prong.

- the song i heard, was about pigs and mud if i remember correctly. i started like "piiiiiiiiigs........ wallow in the mud (?)" and had a really cool guitar harmonic in one of the riffs. no idea about the title.

- the video was filmed in a beach/mud pool, with the band playing and stomping mud and water around. the lead singer wore reading glasses, if i remember.

well that it. i know this isn't the average metal question, but it's a real puzzle for me. i have been the last 5 (?) years squeezing my brains for more details, but get nowhere closer. in the other hand, i now know a lot of bands named creep.

so any info about it would be welcome. and no, it's no that easy to google it. i'm hoping that i was not the only person to watch that video.
and thanks anyway.

edit: this post was on it's own topic, but this topic is more correct.

Is it this mob? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creepy_(band)
_________________
http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/The+Best+Uncensored+Crank+Calls+Volume+2/3463641

Top
 Profile  
tronics
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:58 am
Posts: 241
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:44 am 
 

Frozenith wrote:
Recently I was searching for a particular album to download and what I got instead was a completely different album with all the tracks renamed. It sounds like some generic metalcore but it's bugging me not knowing what band it really is. Any ideas?

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/11/ ... titled.mp3


Just tried for about 40 minutes, no luck. I can't understand the vocalist hardly at all, so no lyrics to type into google. I think it might be a band called Enertia. Here's a page with lyrics to all their songs - http://www.lyricsmania.com/enertia_lyrics.html
Good luck skipper.
_________________
http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/The+Best+Uncensored+Crank+Calls+Volume+2/3463641

Top
 Profile  
Frozenith
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:42 pm
Posts: 90
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:07 pm 
 

tronics wrote:
Frozenith wrote:
Recently I was searching for a particular album to download and what I got instead was a completely different album with all the tracks renamed. It sounds like some generic metalcore but it's bugging me not knowing what band it really is. Any ideas?

<a class="linkification-ext" href="http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/11/1340120/untitled.mp3" title="Linkification: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/11/ ... titled.mp3">http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/11/1340120/untitled.mp3</a>


Just tried for about 40 minutes, no luck. I can't understand the vocalist hardly at all, so no lyrics to type into google. I think it might be a band called Enertia. Here's a page with lyrics to all their songs - <a class="linkification-ext" href="http://www.lyricsmania.com/enertia_lyrics.html" title="Linkification: http://www.lyricsmania.com/enertia_lyrics.html">http://www.lyricsmania.com/enertia_lyrics.html</a>
Good luck skipper.


Turns out the song was actually "Crystal Skies" by a band called Chiraw, but thanks anyway. :)

Top
 Profile  
BornforBurning
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:53 pm 
 

Looking for an id on this song/band I found a clip of on my computer recently titled "FP_edit". My guess is that I downloaded it from the bands website, a label, or possibly I captured the stream off of their myspace account, but the latter is unlikely.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qz5d7kor1rbktns

I already tried the band Funeral Procession from Germany because of the "FP" and I'm almost positive that isn't it.

I should also add this is worth an id otherwise I wouldn't have gone through the trouble to post here. I think it's a 2000's~ black metal band with influences from the old Greek black metal scene (think Necromantia) and it also reminds me a bit of Negative Plane due to the type of riffs and heavy use of reverb on the guitars.

Top
 Profile  
Fortifiv3
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:00 am
Posts: 229
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:59 pm 
 

Can someone identify this track for me? It sounds like something Suffocation would write in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P0n8n3-z8c

Top
 Profile  
John_Sunlight
President Satan

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 am
Posts: 4758
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:17 pm 
 

I've got a black metal mystery! These four songs come from the same release, but I believe they are all stolen from other bands! I've identified the last as Nosvrolok's "Winds of the cursed" but I don't know about the other three. I suspect they are probably from some early USBM demo. Any help is greatly appreciated!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N83BDXOX
_________________
"Since that time, I have received highest level confirmations that such organizations not only exist but are rooted in satanic ritual murder and extend across America’s political landscape into nearly every community."

Top
 Profile  
Garyuu
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:36 pm
Posts: 530
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:58 am 
 

Does anyone know the songs in this video?
http://youtu.be/F_AjbimQ6us

Top
 Profile  
gradymayhem
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:17 pm
Posts: 367
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:37 pm 
 

Fortifiv3 wrote:
What's the name of this song? If it helps I think it's by Suffocation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJk0cZ84LQo

I could only get a small part of it as it was playing on the radio.

It sure as hell wasn't on the radio if it was Suffocation...
_________________
Corpses all hang headless and limp
Bodies with no surprises
And the blood rains down like devil's rain
We'll bathe tonight
Post metal on my facebook! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/prof ... 1698891497 I'm formerly defyexistance btw

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ancient_Sorrow, Zelkiiro and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group