Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Fourthly
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:09 pm 

Hi!!

I have been a metal fan since 1988. I like early Anthrax, early to mid period Megadeth, Napalm Death, Carcass, Godflesh, and My Dying Bride. I like many others as well, but those are the main ones at the moment. I also like many other genres of music such as Jazz, Classical and Noise.

Alkaline
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:46 pm 

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster.

I like pretty much any genre, but I mainly prefer black metal.

Some of my favourite bands include Nivathe, Astral Rebirth, Circle of Dead Children, and Bolt Thrower.

So, uhhh..... yeah.

IvoxAngelripper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:02 pm 

Hello guys, I'm... well, you can guess it from my username. I've been on metal since I was 11, and believe it or not my mother got me into it with Maiden's Fear of the Dark.

I'm into anything called metal, but my favorite is mostly death or thrash. My favs are Obscura, Megadeth, Toxik, Origin, Candlemass, Ahab, Down, Pantera, Nile, and a fuckload of others

Naraku666 wrote:
Swedeath>blow job

Lane The Slain
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:17 pm 

Hello. I am not known for introductions but I might as well give it a shot. As you can see by my username my name is Lane. Ive been into Metal since I was about ten. Some of my favorite bands are Death, Deicide, Phantasm, Gorguts, Sentenced, Cryptopsy, Autopsy, Demigod, and Adramelech. I am also a gamer. Some of my favorite games being Halo Reach, LoZ Wind Waker, and Pikmin 2.

I enjoy reading. (usually science fiction) My favorite book is Starship Troopers. I reside in the Carolinas on the eastern coast.

Well I guess that is a good enough intro as any. Looking forward to my time here on this forum. xD

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:18 pm 

Welcome all new-comers! Beware the drop, but don't be afraid to get in amongst it.

My collection

TheHeresySleep
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:53 pm 

Hi, name´s rafael, 16 year old and i'm going to be on my senior year :D one more year of school and i'm entering the realms of the proletarian world.
Enough said, I hear Pantera, Black Sabbath ( ozzy days, till 80's. however i enjoyed the heaven and hell album and heart like a wheel is a cool song to listen to ^^), down(all hail the mightyness of the big man, mr kirk weinstein\m/ ) and iron maiden.
I'm very pleased i found this wonderful comunity, so keep bangin' your motherfuckin heads!

Nemesis_Nosferatu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:33 am 

Hi, My name is Mike and I'm 23. Been listening to metal since the age of 13. I listen to pretty much any sub-genre of metal that you can throw at me! My favorite genres are Death Metal, Black Metal and Gothic Metal. I've read the FAQ and promise to refrain from posting any material from bands with ambiguous genres (ie: Industrial Metal and some Grindcore which I also consider favorites). I'm looking forwards to spending time on this forum. Keep up the good work Encyclopaedia Metallum!

AdNoctum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:56 am 

Not sure if I already introduced myself here (must be ages ago then), but anyway: Ad Noctum = currently 25 years of age; residing in The Netherlands; making a living out of playing music; preferring black, death and doom metal when it comes to metal, and music, cycling and reading when it comes to hobbies in general.

Generally, I'm not quite a forum animal, so don't expect to see me here every day/week/month...

LuoaR
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:23 pm 

Hi, i'm Luoar, which is really my name backwards. I've been listening to metal for over 15 years now on and off, thru good and bad, mostly on and good hehe. I've moved all around this world but I currently reside in the Philippines, which is my place of birth, though I was raised in Denmark and Germany in my youth. Besides heavy metal, i love bands like blink 182 (haha go figure), U2 and classical composers like Wagner. My hobbies besides heavy metal include, but are not limited to, re-learning the German language, collecting action figures and japanese comics/manga and movies.

As for my metal interests itself, i would say my favorite genre is Black Metal although I am openly Christian. My favorite metal band in the world is Iron Maiden. My favorite Black Metal bands would have to be Burzum, DarkThrone, Nargaroth, Ildjarn, Horna, Judas Iscariot (though as i've said in a review of mine I think he's a tool) Immortal, Gorgoroth, Dodheimsgard, old Ulver, Warloghe, Wigrid and Zyklon-B.

Before i conclude this introduction I would like to say something about being a metalhead and the new world. I believe that metal is about how much metal you listen to and love, whether you're poor and can only afford mp3s or you're well enough to buy discs. Sometimes it is an issue of geography in metal not being popular in your region or country (as it is here in mine). WHat I mean is, i have a lot of metalhead friends here who truly love metal, but simply can't afford or even if they could, can't find any. I believe what defines a metalhead is his love for the game not how big his collection is. Like that saying goes "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the heart in the dog!" :) In my case, I collected when I was abroad, and continute to when relatives or my parents go to the States, it isn't easy but that's what makes it all the more fun.

Furthermore, I think metal, like every other genre in music, has to learn to embrace the future. Mp3s and youtube are the future media medium in which culture and music will be stored, and you can only fight it so long before you either get caught up in it or die of stagnation. But that doesn't mean we should stop supporting our artists if they still release CDs, DVDs, and vinyl. I'm just saying I believe MP3s and Computers are the future of metal.

Anyway, enough of that ranting. I hope I can be a productive and contributing member on this forum, as i have tried to be in the main site with my every-once-in awhile reviews. And lastly, any other FIlipino metalheads online here?

dnsr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:26 pm 

Hello, my name is Hans, 20-year old dutch metalhead, or, as my neighbours call me: "That long haired freak who makes all that damn noise" :p
I've been listening to metal for 5 years, and before that I was listening to rock music like queen and Europe.
By now I 'm mostely listening Heavy, power, folk en melodic death metal, and some other styles of course.
I like to torture my bass frome time to time, visit gigs, and to drink a lot of beer.

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:20 pm 

Hi everyone, my name is Dave, I'm 16 years old, been listening to metal for about 2 years now, and I hail from the dump that sane people like to refer to as New Jersey :P

I listen to a lot of metal, mostly melodic death metal, bands like the old In Flames (spare me the Sounds of A Playground failing crap), Dark Tranquillity, Skyfire, Eternal Oath, Wintersun and Amon Amarth.

WebOfPiss
Myopic Void

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:25 pm 

So you're a RICH WHITE TEEN eh? :P

2conan4u
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:48 pm 

my balls asked me to say hello, they are wanting to have you all know they are MEEEEEEEEEETAAAAALLLLLLL!!!

if star wars stayed cool, maybe i would not have to be metal. but lucas blew it and now i'm here. hello all.

Myrde
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:18 pm 

Hi.

I'm Ash.
Used the site plenty of times,
just never bothered to make an
account until just recently.

Favorite Bands :
Carpathian Forest
Deathspell Omega
Negura Bunget
Type O Negative
Forbidden
Dionysus
Nachtmystium
Enochian Crescent

I'm always on the look out for more
bands to listen to...
"Enough" will never be enough...

CapricornSupernaut
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:48 pm 

Hello, my name is Scott, I'm 14 and I've listened to metal since I was 10. I like mainly power, thrash and traditional metal but I like black, death, progressive, symphonic, and gothic metal too. Country, classical music, punk and classic rock are favourites as well.
My heroes are Alice Cooper, Lemmy, James Hetfield, Buckethead, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Christopher Lee and Brick Top (from the film Snatch).
I like my guitars, TV, movies, books, video/computer games, peace & quiet, big tits and redheads.
I have Asperger Syndrome.
If there are any British redheaded ladies on the site, young or old, come to me.

See you on the site!

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:19 am 

CapricornSupernaut wrote:
I'm 14 ... I like ... big tits and redheads.
If there are any British redheaded ladies on the site, young or old, come to me.

You're such a charmer. ;)

Rough, dude. My mate has got that, and he's in his 30's. It's a terrible syndrome and he's currently seeing a psychologist. Good luck to you on that and welcome to the Archives!

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

CapricornSupernaut
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:42 am 

MikeyC wrote:
I'm 14 ... I like ... big tits and redheads.

You're such a charmer. ;)

Rough, dude. My mate has got that, and he's in his 30's. It's a terrible syndrome and he's currently seeing a psychologist. Good luck to you on that and welcome to the Archives!

Thanks for that Mikey! I see Aspergers as more of an affliction, but ever since my school was told, they haven't made things easier, they've made things worse, so it getts rough sometimes.
I hope to see you around!

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:57 am 

Everyone on this board has some fancy mental diagnosis to offer lately. Hi, I'm droneriot, I have obsessive-compulsive disorder and schizoaffective disorder.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

doogery
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:55 pm 

I'm new here and I'm probably better than you.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:50 pm 

What was that squeaking noise?
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:16 pm 

Thanks for that Mikey! I see Aspergers as more of an affliction, but ever since my school was told, they haven't made things easier, they've made things worse, so it getts rough sometimes.
I hope to see you around!

I don't have it myself, so I can't really offer any advice on coping, but yeah, it's rough from what I've seen and there's no real cure.

You'll see me around, don't worry. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

DeathThrash666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:22 pm 

Hey, I'm Tom. I'm 14 and live in the netherlands. My favorite kinds of metal are Death metal, Brutal death, Thrash metal, Deathgrind, Some Deathcore.

Evil_Alchemist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:39 pm 

Greetings from Jordan. if you don't know where that country is, then go google it or pay more attention in your geography classes.

I'm 17, my name is "Ali", yes just like the famous boxer.
I'm a drummer with 2 years of experience under my belt.
can't wait to get out of this shithole and move to a country where it's always cold, like thick jacket/always snowy cold. with some nice scenery in the spring/summer.

what else can i say about myself...
i smoke like a fucking chimney.
i hate any anime/manga that is just filler episodes, like Naruto, DBZ, One Piece... etc..
though FMA is awesome. no, it's not the reason my account name is like that. it's after the novel.
i do love web comics though. Misfile is one of the best out there.
lol i think i contradicted myself there. no matter.
i'm a muslim. now before you think i'm a fucking towelhead or a stupid self-exploding terrorist, i'd like to point out that i'm against that shit. first, it's india who wear that, and second, i don't have a beard (though one would be awesome), third, if i were, why the fuck would i be a huge fan of Deicide?
i started listening to metal only a year ago. long story short, i started out with the shitty mallcore bands like a7x and bfmv, joined a discussion about metal on FB, got schooled by a girl who eventually got me into real metal. my first metal song was Heaven And Hell.

my favorite genres would be death metal, black metal, thrash metal, doom metal.
bands? don't get me started, i'd make a wall of text that would put china's wall to shame.
my musical tastes in general depend on my mood. from classical to techdeath, from thrash metal to trance. pop and country are out of the question.

yeah, sorry to disturb you with my long post there. i tend to get carried away at times. haha

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:44 pm 

Evil_Alchemist wrote:
Greetings from Jordan.

You are one of a select few from the Middle East that post here. Maybe the only one right now. Good to see Jordan representing. :)

Evil_Alchemist wrote:
i'm a muslim. now before you think i'm a fucking towelhead or a stupid self-exploding terrorist, i'd like to point out that i'm against that shit. first, it's india who wear that, and second, i don't have a beard (though one would be awesome), third, if i were, why the fuck would i be a huge fan of Deicide?

I guess the media makes us think everyone from the Middle East is a terrorist extremist. I recently read an article on the 29 best cities to visit, and to my utmost surprise, Tel Aviv made it. It was saying that it's actually quite safe, the nightlife is good, and the women are plentiful. I'm not sure how accurate the article is, but I was surprised.

Evil_Alchemist wrote:
my favorite genres would be death metal, black metal, thrash metal, doom metal.
bands? don't get me started, i'd make a wall of text that would put china's wall to shame.

Death, black, thrash, and doom make up almost all of my metal listening, too, so I'm sure we'll have some overlapping tastes. And I did chuckle at your wall comment. :)

Anyway, greetings from Australia!

ZarathustraHead wrote:

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:46 am 

Dude, Tel Aviv is in Isreal. It's not a muslim city.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:49 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:

Yeah, I know. I was merely mentioning that a city around that part of the world made that list.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Evil_Alchemist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:36 pm 

dude tel aviv is fucking awesome, i've been there a couple of times, and it's like i was in USA all over again.
though i'm surprised Amman wasn't on that list. at the moment, it's just one huge construction site. wait for like a year or two, it'l be awesome. just like it always was. i'd be more than glad to be your tour guide :)

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:39 am 

MikeyC wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:

Yeah, I know. I was merely mentioning that a city around that part of the world made that list.
Yeah, ok. It's just that Israel is quite removed from other middle-eastern countries in all things but geography and that strange susceptibility to endless vicious cycles of revenge. But I guess you know all that. ;)

Covoira
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:56 am 

Let me get this straight you either call me Covoira or I'll chop your fingers off slowly and painfully.
Understand, now that I've got that clear let me introduce myself to you all?

Alright, I'm fifteen, I live in Victoria, Australia and I'm a girl in case your all wondering.
I consider myself quite a rebel, I have a habit of stealing street signs and all, I find it fun.
All I do with my life is; Eat, Sleep, Get kicked out of all my classes and listen to metal in classes.
I swear that my headphones are glued to my head, I'm not joking.
My favourite bands would have to be Children of Bodom and Ajattara at the moment.
The reasons I've joined up are;
A) all the idiots at my school are into Pop, R&B and all that shit, they all suck and deserve to die.
B) I'm practically a loner in real life cause metal is the only thing I'll talk about.

Those are my reasons, don't like them?
Fuck off then.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 am 

Whoa, the detention room just got really quiet. I'll just go back to drawing on my binder, wouldn't want to get into any trouble.

zombifuck
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:32 pm 

I'm new here. I like music, children and animals. I live in Portland Oregon but am originally from Detroit Michigan. I have a 7 year-old daughter named Morgan. I like to drink and take acid while exploring the sleezy porn stores in downtown PDX. Okay, that's it..

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:07 am 

Covoira wrote:
Let me get this straight you either call me Covoira or I'll chop your fingers off slowly and painfully.
Understand, now that I've got that clear let me introduce myself to you all?

Alright, I'm fifteen, I live in Victoria, Australia and I'm a girl in case your all wondering.
I consider myself quite a rebel, I have a habit of stealing street signs and all, I find it fun.
All I do with my life is; Eat, Sleep, Get kicked out of all my classes and listen to metal in classes.
I swear that my headphones are glued to my head, I'm not joking.
My favourite bands would have to be Children of Bodom and Ajattara at the moment.
The reasons I've joined up are;
A) all the idiots at my school are into Pop, R&B and all that shit, they all suck and deserve to die.
B) I'm practically a loner in real life cause metal is the only thing I'll talk about.

Those are my reasons, don't like them?
Fuck off then.

You're trying a bit too hard. Welcome, by the way.

Saaaaiko
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:55 am 

Hi. I've been using this site ever since I stumbled upon it around two or three years ago, and lurked the forums on and off in that time. 18, dude, lives in Las Vegas and has only ever been into music for about three years now. Before that, I used to listen to literally whatever was on the radio until I found Queens of the Stone Age, whom quickly became my favorite band and totally upturned my perspective on music; I don't listen to them all that much nowadays, but Songs for the Deaf will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Discovering QotSA led to Kyuss which led to stoner/doom stuff which, added with the phase where I delved into metalcore, led to more extreme metal. Nowadays my favorite metal genres (and that I care the most for) are basically death, black, doom, and thrash in that respective order, though I'll honestly give anything interesting an objective spin.

Metal probably takes up a 50% of my time spent listening to music, the remaining chunk reserved for literally whatever... I think I'd say I'm open-minded but it doesn't mean I don't have preferences and turn-offs. My last.fm is in my sig if you care to stare at random people's charts, plus I'm always up for a good (or just totally shitposting) discussion. So yeah, that's my intro.

Diligent Son
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:55 am 

Metal hobbyist here; been listening primarily to melodic death since late 90s.

Current favourites include:
-Opeth
-Katatonia
-Insomnium
-October Tide
-Dark Tranquillity
-Dawn of Solace
-Daylight Dies

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:35 am 

Welcome! I came here in 2007 with rather similar tastes. I can't deny that my stay here has changed my tastes quite a bit.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:19 pm 

Covoira wrote:
I consider myself quite a rebel,

I have the words "I'm a rebel" tattoed on my wrist. Beat that.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:27 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Covoira wrote:
I consider myself quite a rebel,

I have the words "I'm a rebel" tattoed on my wrist. Beat that.

:lol:

Covoira wrote:

Again :lol:
How cute...be seeing you round...

My collection

OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:13 am 

Covoira wrote:

G'day, Covva.

- Tim Minchin

Metallic Shock
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:06 pm 

Hey everyone I'm Metallic Shock. Some of you may remember me as Whackooyzero and I still write my reviews under that name. I plan my second experience here at the archives to be far more productive and far less problematic.

A few bands I have been listening to a lot lately include Shadow Gallery, Pagan's Mind, Stratovarius, Cynic, Fates Warning, Ulver, and Riot.

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:01 pm 

Hello, i'm Rollins. (Hi Rollins) I'm 27yrs old and i'm a metalhead. I've been addicted for 12 years now. I've been using the site for some years now, don't know why it took me so long to decide to register. I listen to pretty much every metal sub genre, but i prefer death & black. Favorite bands include Death(obviously), Bolt Thrower, Blut Aus Nord, Amorphis, Sear Bliss, Negura Bunget(i think i should stop)... And i rarely drink beer(i prefer wine or brandy).... Oh, and i'm a Christian too. So, yeah!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 156  Next