Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SoulsInferno
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:03 pm 

There's only a few of those broad genres I haven't tried before, so it shouldn't be too hard for me to come up with something.

My only problem is vocals and drums.

http://fidesinferno.bandcamp.com/

https://vacuusdoom.bandcamp.com/

ScratchMyBack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:19 pm 

I remember they had genre assigning before and MattP was actually tasked to make a symphonic/deathcore/slam death track. Despite me hating most deathcore bands and rarely liking some, MattP's Deathcore mish mash fell into the latter category.

Duisterling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:40 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I'm not taking it personally and I hope you didn't take mine as well either. I just wanted to bully you into joining up. Cause the more people that join the better the chance there will actually be more than a handful of songs at the end.

I wasn't even trying to agitate or aggrivate, i pretty much don't give a second thought to anything I've typed here.

Ok, cool. And no, I didn't take it personally either. Nonetheless, you'll need a different plan to get me to join :p

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:43 pm 

Yeah I think I'm gonna sit this one out. Junes gonna be really busy, plus I'm not really capable of making a song in most of the genres.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:47 pm 

So we're going to have like a handful of participants, maybe less. Great.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:49 pm 

It's ok, SLK will just make up how ever many songs we still need.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:52 pm 

Oh shit, he'll grind the deficit to bits!

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:54 pm 

kingnuuuur wrote:
So we're going to have like a handful of participants, maybe less. Great.

You never know. There's been quite a few people who've only participated once, and other who've expressed interest in doing the next one.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:20 pm 

Duisterling wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I'm not taking it personally and I hope you didn't take mine as well either. I just wanted to bully you into joining up. Cause the more people that join the better the chance there will actually be more than a handful of songs at the end.

I wasn't even trying to agitate or aggrivate, i pretty much don't give a second thought to anything I've typed here.

Ok, cool. And no, I didn't take it personally either. Nonetheless, you'll need a different plan to get me to join :p

Like promises of gaysex and booze?

Gelseth_Andrano & kingnuuuur- hahahahaha well if need be....

SoulsInferno
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:52 pm 

So who is going to host this challenge?

SLK, sent you an email fyi.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:04 pm 

Just saw it and responded.

I believe Geo is going to host. he wanted to

SoulsInferno
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:02 pm 

Aight cool.

This week and probably next week are being so fucking boring, I think I want to start now.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:09 am 

SoulsInferno wrote:
Aight cool.

This week and probably next week are being so fucking boring, I think I want to start now.

I'm with him on this one :(

Duisterling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:17 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Duisterling wrote:

Like promises of gaysex and booze?

You know me too well!

No really, the booze thing might work. But you'll have to come my way. I'm not fit to live in your environment.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:47 am 

Well I can handle a good chill every once in awhile. I want to take pictures out in the snowy woods.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:11 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Well I can handle a good chill every once in awhile. I want to take pictures out in the snowy woods.

I'm trying to find a way to turn this into a gay joke about you, but I can't. So i'm just gonna come out and say it; you're a big fan of the men.

GeoCO3
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:36 am 

All right gentlemen (and ladies, if the term applies), let's get this going. I'm going to start up a new thread sometime today explaining the rules and procedures. As it stands, we will be randomly assigning genres to participants, with the only catch being if you know you don't want a particular genre, you have to tell me beforehand. We still cool with that?

Also, I would urge you not to reject a genre just because you're not 100% comfortable with it. A little discomfort is not always a bad thing. I would suggest that you only reject a genre if you absolutely know with complete certainty that you will not be able to perform it well or that you really dislike that type of music.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:38 am 

Sounds good to me.

Duisterling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:59 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

Well I guess you'll find it chilly here but the snowy woods don't really apply... Our climate is just too moderate for your heat but that implies a lack of large, prolonged amounts of snow as well...

EDIT: @ Gelseth_Andrano: There's a way to turn something I just said into a gay joke, I'm afraid.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:07 am 

Duisterling wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

Well I guess you'll find it chilly here but the snowy woods don't really apply... Our climate is just too moderate for your heat but that implies a lack of large, prolonged amounts of snow as well...

EDIT: @ Gelseth_Andrano: There's a way to turn something I just said into a gay joke, I'm afraid.

you WOULD say that, faggit! ;)

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:08 am 

:hyper:

SoulsInferno
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:10 pm 

Fuck yeah. Get this started.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:13 pm 

Well fuck your country! If I can't have heat or snow I don't want to even visit!

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:16 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Well fuck your country! If I can't have heat or snow I don't want to even visit!

Illinois, man! I'm sure somewhere here theyre's both :annoyed:

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:39 pm 

Hey, any one got an update on the whole challenge songs being on youtube?

SoulsInferno
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:54 pm 

I was just thinking about that earlier, if ScratchMyBack doesn't do it, heck, I'm bored and got the time enough to do it.

I would include lyrics if I did it too.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:30 pm 

SoulsInferno wrote:
I was just thinking about that earlier, if ScratchMyBack doesn't do it, heck, I'm bored and got the time enough to do it.

I would include lyrics if I did it too.

That would be quite sexy.

bfernandez
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:29 pm 

Probably a little late for reviews, but I'll post some anyway if y'all are interested.

2 Girls 1 Cup
LYRICS: 5/5- You did the best you possibly could with such a vapid lyrical theme. In a way, I almost wish Mr. Lemmy was singing them, just to hear how they sound like in his voice.
GENRE CHOICE: 3/5-Like many others said, it kind of took me by surprise. I wasn't even really expecting something specific, but I expected thrash, traditional, speed, groove or power metal. Definitely not Blackened Thrash, but hey, you surprised me, I'll give you that.
COMPOSITION: 3/5-Everything doesn't really mesh awful well together. The instruments conflict with each other stylistically which gets in the way of my enjoyment of the song. I don't know if sonic clashing was your attention, but it reallly overshadows some pretty cool riffs.
PERFORMANCE: 5/5-No complaint here. Everything is played to the best of your ability
PRODUCTION: 4/5-Pretty good. It could be better, but that's fine, and not really your fault.
OVERALL: 20/25-GOOD JOB!!!!

Dormant Choirs
You know how about we just skips this one shall we. I don't need to waste time with it. Good lyrics spoiled by a guy who can't write music and doesn't know how to produce.

The Ninth Ring
LYRICS: 4/5-Its hard to do Dante justice. It really, really is. And Decaying My Youth/MoonPenetrator, you gave it a valiant effort and did a pretty good job. But nobody can live up to the man, who was Dante Alligheiri
SONG GENRE CHOICE: 5/5-Exactly how I saw it as well. Pretty obvious
COMPOSITION: 5/5-THIS WAS YOUR FIRST TIME WRITING A METAL SONG!!!!!????? WRITE SOME FUCKING MORE MAN!!!!!!!!!! Great DSBM, albeit generic. Those synth passages are haunting and beautiful, and the atmosphere created by the keys is contemplative yet also desperate and demented.
PERFORMANCE: 4/5-I want to get something out of the way right now. I read a comment from someone that said your shrieks sounded like post-hardcore... they're wrong. Your vocals are awesome. Other than that, everything was honestly a little too easy (playing wise) to mess up on.
PRODUCTION: 4.5/5- Have to take .5 off for one reason and one reason only. Either you need to turn your spoken word vocals down, or turn your harsh vocals up in the mix. Preferably the latter. The last "Abandon all hope.... ye who enter HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRREEEE" would do a lot better if the shriek was the same volume as the spoken word, and would create more of an effect.
OVERALL: 22.5/25-One of the standouts, excellent job.

Cleansed in Blood
LYRICS: 3/5-I don't really like them, say sorry. They're generic and frankly, way too short. Granted, them being short was what caused LordOminous to have to fill in with an "UUUUURRGG SATAN" that made the song... So I can't complain too much.
SONG GENRE CHOICE: 4/5- I expected them in a vikingish setting, but I didn't expect it to be this fucking happy sounding. Why is this happy sounding? The song title means to CLEAN YOURSELF IN BLOOD!!! Why the fuck is it happy? Its good, but doesn't fit.
COMPOSITION: 5/5- Once again, no complaints. You did a great job LordOminous (and I have an Alestorm hard on by the way, can't wait for the new album). Synths sound awesome and I must applaud for making a guitar sound good the first time you played it. I also loved the nintendo bit by the way, and the transition where the song picks up the pace halfway through is awesome
PERFORMANCE: 5/5-Once again, no complaints. Played Well all of the way too.
PRODUCTION: 4/5-One of the better production jobs
OVERALL: 21/25- You know what, fuck overalls. I liked yours, The Ninth Ring, Drowning Sleep, Irrelevant, and The End of the Bronze Age the most.

Irrelevant
LYRICS: 5/5-Just beautiful, really. Awesome. Indeed, we are irrelevant amidst the seas of black cosmic infinity, the depths of the endless swarming abyss where we are just a speck only to be washed away.
SONG GENRE CHOICE: 5/5-Perfect
COMPOSITION: 5/5-The orchestration at the beginning was quite simply unbelievable, apparently Devirginizer did that, so wonderful, wonderful job. Honestly, I cringed when I saw the song was ten minutes. But you guys kept my interest for the whole time, and for that, you gain a standing ovation. Well done
PERFORMANCE: 5/5- I see no sloppy playing. Nothing was messed up here and this was obviously meticulously crafted.
PRODUCTION: 4/5-It could have been better, but I have no room to complain
OVERALL: 24/25-This was my favorite song of the whole competition, absolutely brilliant. I want to hear more from the two of you. So link me any of your other projects.

Years Have Passed
LYRICS: 2/5-Honestly pretty generic and boring. They scream thrash
SONG GENRE CHOICE: 5/5-Thrash, just like I expected
COMPOSITION: 4/5- It's done reasonably well, but I am simply not a fan of this style. So I can't give it a 5. I can't comment on thrash since I don't really listen to it
PERFORMANCE: 5/5- Nothing wrong here. Everything's played well
PRODUCTION: 3/5-Could use a little work, but its pretty good nonetheless.
OVERALL: 18/25-Not bad, but just a little below the quality of some of the other work present here. But.... it's better than Dormant Choirs, much much better.

The End of the Bronze Age
LYRICS: 5/5-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Still dying laughing at the interpretation of the lyrical theme. STEEEEEEEL Indeed man, steel.
SONG GENRE CHOICE: 5/5-This was pretty obvious,but I still loved it.
COMPOSITION: 4/5-There are some pretty cool riffs on here. But in the meantime the opening riff is unpromising... to say the least. So one point off for that.
PERFORMANCE: 4/5- A little bit of sloppiness towards the beginning, but otherwise its played pretty well. Also STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL THE END OF AN AGE!!!! STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL THE END OF YOUR LIIIIIIFE!!!!! Also, I must applaud you to be able to sing those lyrics pompously and seriously without bursting into laughter
PRODUCTION: 3/5-It could use a little work, but it was pretty good
OVERALL: 21/25- Fucking steel!!!!! (by the way I thought this was much funnier than 2G1C. Mainly because of the creativity)

De Cryptikon
LYRICS: 2.5/5-They're not bad, but I have two problems with them. 1. They're awfully generic anti-religous lyrics, 2. How the hell are they cryptic? Other than that, the "Heed the call" part was pretty good and I thoroughly enjoyed the first stanza.
SONG GENRE CHOICE: 4/5-Honestly I don't know what to call the genre you chose, I've never heard anything like it before, so props for originality. Just about anything could've fit the lyrics, and these fit them pretty well.
COMPOSITION: 3/5-Pretty boring to be honest. I think the song is composed approximately of one, not very interesting, riff. Drums are pretty obviously programmed and they sound pretty "mechanical". Didn't really care for it, sorry. Effort put in though, I can tell, just not my thing.
PERFORMANCE: 3/5-Whoever recorded the vocals, were you sick? They sound like Abbath with strep throat. Other than that, everything was so simple you couldn't possibly screw up
PRODUCTION: 4/5-The production, at least, for this track, was good.
OVERALL: 16.5/25-Not something I would listen to personally, but you did a fairly reasonable job under the pressure of the deadline.

Drowning Sleep
LYRICS: 5/5-Great job here. This is a theme that I'm sure most of us can relate to in some way, but we're sick of the cliches that defile it. You've managed to write something thought provoking and original, and for that, I applaud you.
SONG GENRE CHOICE: 4/5-Once again, surprise factor. I didn't expect drone, but it fit the song perfectly, unlike 2 Girls 1 Cup which I felt was odd and disjointed.
COMPOSITION: 4/5-Very good job. Drone, contrary to popular belief, is quite hard to compose because its hard to make a genre with so little complexity interesting. Bands like Sunn 0))) and Earth can do it, but there are plenty of bands that can't. Of course, the musical god and maestro SLK can keep it interesting. Well, it starts to get a little repetitive towards the end, but other than that, good job.
PERFORMANCE: 5/5-Obviously its hard to mess up in terms of technicality when playing drone. But I have to give my thoughts on the drums, which in my opinion make the song. I am positive those are real drums (and if they're not, that's the best programming I've ever heard), and they honestly show why programmed drums simply can't live up to their real brethren. It sounds so organic, so real. And the drums alone are what keep the song from being a borefest and instead, quite an intense, heavy listening experience, well done.
PRODUCTION: 5/5-No complaints here, great job. Also I want to take this section to ask this question, "How the hell, after taking a quarter of the time as everyone else, can you write one of the best songs?". I guess you really do shit music man. And you shit GOOD music.
OVERALL: 23/25-Wonderful job, and a fantastic score to show for it.

I Am Despair
LYRICS: 3/5-I'm sure you could've done better, and it's not because of the theme. But I feel these are pretty whiny/emo
SONG GENRE CHOICE: 3/5-Speaking of emo....WHY?????? Depressive Metalcore/Post-Hardcore????? It fits the lyrics, I'll give you that. But you could've done something much more interesting, you know, gothic? doom? DSBM? Drone? Ambient? I rest my case.
COMPOSITION: 3/5-This song is a real victim of the 3/5's. I liked the first riff, but you repeat it way too much. Same with that bridge riff. Actually that can be said for the whole song, it could've been a good three minutes shorter and have gotten a 4/5 from me. But not only is it long, I can predict everything that's going to happen after the break about halfway through.
PERFORMANCE: 5/5-I can't complain about this, you played everything to the best of your ability and I like the vocals.
PRODUCTION: 4.5/5-For this kind of music, I would prefer to hear it recorded more professionally. But that's not your fault. But I have to take half off anyway because I feel that's distracting.
OVERALL: 18.5/25-Not bad, but some seriously messed up genre decisions....

Total Fucking Destruction
LYRICS: 2/5-You know, I just want to point out that the lyrics for "Purgatory" were much, much better than what Bonged wrote. I understand not liking lyrics, but keep your mouth shut about it unless you're reviewing them. I definitely laugh now that he says others "can't write lyrics" (when they can write quite well) when he can't himself. For example: what the fuck does environmentalism have to do with anything?
SONG GENRE CHOICE: 5/5-Couldn't have been better. These lyrics screamed thrash
COMPOSITION: 4/5-I liked the riffs for the most part. The solo at the end was a nice touch and helped create a no-frills short and sweet, thrash song.
PERFORMANCE: 4/5- Vocals were awesome. Other than that, there's a few minor, almost unnoticeable screw ups in the solo that actually make it sound more organic, and a little bit of sloppiness on the bass (its not THAT bad), but overall a nice job here as well.
PRODUCTION: 5/5-One of the best produced pieces of the whole challenge, very nice job.
OVERALL: 20/25-Good job, this and 2G1C were on about equal footing, so this rating actually does do justice (even though lyrics aren't your faults, I coincidentally enjoyed both tracks the same musically)

Three Headed Snake
LYRICS... ORIGINAL: 5/5, MODIFIED: 4/5. This is a hard part to review and I must say, you took some liberties with the lyrics that IMMO shouldn't have been taken (you did make the challenge, however). But the point is. The original was poetic and quite thought provoking and you lost some of that when you changed the lyrics to make them more "singable" or whatever. I'll factor the modified into the overall score because that is what was used.
SONG GENRE CHOICE: 4/5- Fits the modified lyrics, and the "grab yourself a beer" line does kind of scream this style. But I would have loved to hear the original lyrics in a deathrash sort of style. Or maybe Blackened Death/Bestial Black Metal. I can appreciate the hard rock though, yes I can.
COMPOSITION: 4/5-Again with these 4/5s!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I liked it for the most part. The intro was a nice build up to the verse which led into the enveloping chorus and kept you filled with adrenaline all the way to the soft outro. My only real complaint is that I think the pre-chorus could be done without.
PERFORMANCE: 4/5- Great job on guitars, drums, and bass. No sloppiness detected. BUT!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR VOCALS AREN"T VERY GOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Its like a cross between James Hetfield and a bored Layne Stayley (see Sickman chorus). They aren't terrible (like De Cryptikon) but they have some sort of annoying overtone that really aggravates me. Sorry.
PRODUCTION: 5/5-Can't complain here. Could be the best produced song of the whole challenge, nice job.
OVERALL: 21/25-I did this last for two reasons. 1. This song was a significant stylistic departure from the others and I felt it fit for it to be seperated from the rest. and 2. I want to thank you for organizing this challenge so I could hear so much great music being made. Thanks in the highest order!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Must-Listens: Irrelevant, Drowning Sleep, The Ninth Ring, Cleansed in Blood
Good Listens: The End of the Bronze Age, Three-Headed Snake.
Worth Listening: 2 Girls 1 Cup, Total Fucking Destruction, I Am Despair
Listen to if you're curious: De Cryptikon, Years Have Passed
Don't Listen, under any circumstance: Dormant Choirs

So there y'all go.

Last edited by bfernandez on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:51 pm 

Never too late for more reviews!

bfernandez wrote:
The Ninth Ring
LYRICS: 4/5-Its hard to do Dante justice. It really, really is. And Decaying My Youth/MoonPenetrator, you gave it a valiant effort and did a pretty good job. But nobody can live up to the man, who was Dante Alligheiri
SONG GENRE CHOICE: 5/5-Exactly how I saw it as well. Pretty obvious
COMPOSITION: 5/5-THIS WAS YOUR FIRST TIME WRITING A METAL SONG!!!!!????? WRITE SOME FUCKING MORE MAN!!!!!!!!!! Great DSBM, albeit generic. Those synth passages are haunting and beautiful, and the atmosphere created by the keys is contemplative yet also desperate and demented.
PERFORMANCE: 4/5-I want to get something out of the way right now. I read a comment from someone that said your shrieks sounded like post-hardcore... they're wrong. Your vocals are awesome. Other than that, everything was honestly a little too easy (playing wise) to mess up on.
PRODUCTION: 4.5/5- Have to take .5 off for one reason and one reason only. Either you need to turn your spoken word vocals down, or turn your harsh vocals up in the mix. Preferably the latter. The last "Abandon all hope.... ye who enter HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRREEEE" would do a lot better if the shriek was the same volume as the spoken word, and would create more of an effect.
OVERALL: 22.5/25-One of the standouts, excellent job.

Hey, thanks a lot man! I appreciate the feedback- especially on the vocals. It’s taken me a little while to find a voice for this style, but I think I’m getting toward something I’m happy with.

And yes, I agree with you out the spoken/harsh volume imbalance, I didn’t get it quite right.

But yeah, I have been writing quite a bit since I finished this song. I’m going to start recording new stuff once I get my studio setup (I just moved) and I’ll also be touching up this track for some sort of future release.

nex666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:13 pm 

GeoCO3 wrote:
All right gentlemen (and ladies, if the term applies), let's get this going. I'm going to start up a new thread sometime today explaining the rules and procedures. As it stands, we will be randomly assigning genres to participants, with the only catch being if you know you don't want a particular genre, you have to tell me beforehand. We still cool with that?

Also, I would urge you not to reject a genre just because you're not 100% comfortable with it. A little discomfort is not always a bad thing. I would suggest that you only reject a genre if you absolutely know with complete certainty that you will not be able to perform it well or that you really dislike that type of music.

Sweet, sounds good. Looking forward to it

SoulsInferno
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:50 am 

Ha, thanks bfernandez, no it's not too late to write reviews, this thread is still front page so it's relevant.

Sorry ScratchMyBack, I'm hijacking your idea to put these up on youtube.

SoulsInferno
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:01 pm 

I didn't have ideas for what to do with the video for some of the songs so forgive me, it's not because I don't like your songs.

All songs have lyrics, with whatever minor corrections I noticed. Some I probably got wrong or overlooked or whatever. Sorry.

2 Girls 1 Cup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AoJT1de-qY

Dormant Choirs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkGm4cLpeKI

The Ninth Ring http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tqQAcoDUQ4

Total Fucking Destruction http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv6Uf-qnNS4

Years Have Passed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbXEr_fbWNA

Irrelevant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzOO6UMdchc

I am Despair http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdgpv6GkEBg

Three Headed Snake http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWww7z4YKrs

Cleansed In Blood http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkQdJBM8lEE

De Cryptikon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdGtSqNwaqw

Drowning Sleep http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVraFSUcvvE

The End of the Bronze Age http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh1fTQr81u8

Enjoy

Last edited by SoulsInferno on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:07 pm 

I would like to say THANK YOU for all the great reviews we've received so far. Also, thank you SoulsInferno for putting the songs up on YouTube.

Maybe it's a bit late for this, but I'm a person who gives credit to where it's due. Reading the 2011 February challenge thread, I just realized that this whole thing originated from an idea by... bjornobomb!

Duisterling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:20 am 

Hey SoulsInferno, that's a great vid you created for Irrelevant! Thanks!

SoulsInferno
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:28 pm 

Thanks man, had to do something good for a really good song.

Three Headed Snake and Cleansed In Blood are up.

Devirginizer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:10 pm 

Yeah man thanks a lot for the vids, I've just seen them all and my personal conclusion about this challenge is what we call in the Netherlands: "we picked the fruits from it" :P (this basically means I think we can all benefit from the challenge), because you all did a great job on your songs and because of that, I hope that more people will hear our music and hopefully all our projects will get a bit more attention in the future!

Duisterling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:56 am 

Devirginizer wrote:
my personal conclusion about this challenge is what we call in the Netherlands: "we picked the fruits from it" :P (this basically means I think we can all benefit from the challenge)

Pretty much what they call "enjoying the fruits of our labor" in English.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:04 am 

Shit, SoulsInferno- that is a really cool video for The Ninth Ring, thanks! I just moved and I don't have internet hooked up at home yet (had to watch on my girlfriends iphone) but I'm looking forward to checking out some of the others once I do.

SoulsInferno
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:52 pm 

No problem.

All the vids are up now. If you have any more information you'd like to add to any of the videos, just contact me.

Duisterling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:56 am 

I've got to be the slowest reviewer in the history of the challenges. What a doubtful honor. I'm gonna have some more up today, not sure whether I can finish I'm all. I'm just a slow writer and I keep each track on repeat for quite some time. Sorry guys.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next