Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Bezdomny
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:43 pm 

Any experiences with Zyklon-B Productions from Greece?

http://zyklonbproductions.com/

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:09 pm 

Bezdomny wrote:

I have made some orders there, had no problems.
But they can be very expensive!

Bezdomny
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:58 pm 

forestcorpse wrote:
Bezdomny wrote:

I have made some orders there, had no problems.
But they can be very expensive!

Many thanks! Yes, it's expensive, especially taking into account the euro-dollar conversion rate and shipping costs, but it's the only distro I've found that is selling the Magnesium - Time Tells No Lies 7"...

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:41 am 

Quote:
Many thanks! Yes, it's expensive, especially taking into account the euro-dollar conversion rate and shipping costs, but it's the only distro I've found that is selling the Magnesium - Time Tells No Lies 7"...

Ah ok! Well, then go for it! I always got my packesges within one week after making the order.

Travis_Bickle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:42 pm 

I would like to reiterate once again, avoid purchasing anything from nocturnalwoodlands distro!! I still haven't received anything I purchased in December and am not getting replies to recent emails.

~Guest 161894
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:22 pm 

---

Last edited by ~Guest 161894 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:11 am 

Some great distros I just used:

Northern heritage (Finland) Fast and never any problems
Of Crawling Shadows Records (Germany): Very friendly and super fast shipping

Hybrid_Killer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:37 am 

Hybrid_Killer wrote:
So, has anyone ordered off BlackScaped lately? How'd it go?

Anyone? Can't find In Solitude's S/T on CD elsewhere.

Edit: Can't believe shipping for one CD to Australia is 7 euros. Will just try searching elsewhere for the CD...

Zephirus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:49 am 

anyone used ROCK LION before from the Netherlands?

http://www.rock-lion.nl/index.html

thanks

godlessScum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:27 am 

Just ordered from Deepsend through their Amazon storefront and was pleasantly surprised how quickly they shipped, compared to Amazon's usual slow turn around (I always go for freebie shipping). This was my first experience with both this dealer and ordering from a metal distributor through Amazon. Don't know if this experience is typical, but I will look out for other metal distro storefronts on Amazon in the future.

I do wonder, though, if it would be better to order straight from the dealer. Does Amazon take a cut of the sale? If so, I might decide in the future to deal with the seller directly, if that is possible. Still, Amazon is convenient for one stop shopping, especially if it means avoiding Paypal, which has jerked me around in the past. I'm curious if anyone here, selling through Amazon, has opinions on this. I want as much of my dollar to go to supporting metal, rather than Amazon.

http://www.deepsend.com/

brooks55
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:09 pm 

Yes, Amazon gets a cut of everything sold on there by other parties. With Deepsend if you can find 4 CD's in their distro you want, it's much better to order from them direct as they are always offering buy 3 get 1 free on CD's. You just simply add the free CD you want in the notes section of your paypal payment.

JKA
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:53 pm 

Really really BAD distro: Swedmetal.com

Experience:
This is a real prick, I made an order for some CDs I was looking for back in November, when I got them I noticed 4 of them where severely water damaged even though I had bought only CDs from the NEW section and not from the USED section... So naturally I contacted him about this asking if I could get a refund. At first he was really impossible telling me those CDs where sealed, which they where not! They where packed in re-sealable bags, but not only that, it was obvious even through the plastic that they where in bad shape. Once I had explained this to him he became friendly (!!) and told me to send them back for him to properly look at them. I did that and later he told me I was right and that I would get a refund.
(By now it was almost Christmas). I waited and waited, until February, without any money showing up, so I contacted him again asking what was going on, no reply... 2 more attempts and no reply... 3rd reply I worded a bit more aggressive, badabing badaboom, a reply saying he thought it was fixed, but would forward all the information to his payments manager so it would get solved. So I waited, and waited, and no money.
We're now in the middle of March and I am contacting him again about this wondering what the hell's going on, he replies that he has no idea but will talk to his payment manager the following Monday, so after not hearing from him at all by Friday that week I e-mailed him yet again asking what the result was... No reply, tried a few more times during that next week: **silence**.
At this point I am really pissed off... I checked his feedback on Tradera and especially his negatives, he does absolutely nothing to unhappy customers, he doesn't even treat them nicely (one had received the wrong item and Swedmetal blamed the postal service!!!)
So about 2 weeks ago I decided to give this one final try with a really pissed off e-mail saying that if he did nothing to fix this issue soon I would do exactly this, because if you have a problem with any order it's sure as hell not going to get fixed, he acts like he has no idea what I am talking about, so I send him copies of each and every e-mail that I have sent him and that he has sent me since I asked if I could get the money back for those CDs. He looks at them and tells me that he will have his payment manager look into this and get back to me. **silence once more**. So I e-mail him asking for a status update and no reply...
By now it's perfectly clear to me, he has no intention of ever solving this problem, which is really pathetic, we're talking about a refund that is less than 30 euros. I even dare to guess that this "payment manager" doesn't even exist and is just an excuse to get me off his back.

The irony of all this, is that on the website, he claims to have 100% guaranteed customer satisfaction... I am a really unsatisfied customer, and he is doing nothing to fix it... So that is obviously a lie.

Really stay away from this prick, because if you have a problem with an item you buy from him, don't ever expect it to be solved.

My collectionMy wishlist

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:13 pm 

Have anyone heard of or used: www.blackscaped.de ?

Zephirus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:14 pm 

JKA wrote:
Really really BAD distro: Swedmetal.com

Experience:
This is a real prick, I made an order for some CDs I was looking for back in November, when I got them I noticed 4 of them where severely water damaged even though I had bought only CDs from the NEW section and not from the USED section... So naturally I contacted him about this asking if I could get a refund. At first he was really impossible telling me those CDs where sealed, which they where not! They where packed in re-sealable bags, but not only that, it was obvious even through the plastic that they where in bad shape. Once I had explained this to him he became friendly (!!) and told me to send them back for him to properly look at them. I did that and later he told me I was right and that I would get a refund.
(By now it was almost Christmas). I waited and waited, until February, without any money showing up, so I contacted him again asking what was going on, no reply... 2 more attempts and no reply... 3rd reply I worded a bit more aggressive, badabing badaboom, a reply saying he thought it was fixed, but would forward all the information to his payments manager so it would get solved. So I waited, and waited, and no money.
We're now in the middle of March and I am contacting him again about this wondering what the hell's going on, he replies that he has no idea but will talk to his payment manager the following Monday, so after not hearing from him at all by Friday that week I e-mailed him yet again asking what the result was... No reply, tried a few more times during that next week: **silence**.
At this point I am really pissed off... I checked his feedback on Tradera and especially his negatives, he does absolutely nothing to unhappy customers, he doesn't even treat them nicely (one had received the wrong item and Swedmetal blamed the postal service!!!)
So about 2 weeks ago I decided to give this one final try with a really pissed off e-mail saying that if he did nothing to fix this issue soon I would do exactly this, because if you have a problem with any order it's sure as hell not going to get fixed, he acts like he has no idea what I am talking about, so I send him copies of each and every e-mail that I have sent him and that he has sent me since I asked if I could get the money back for those CDs. He looks at them and tells me that he will have his payment manager look into this and get back to me. **silence once more**. So I e-mail him asking for a status update and no reply...
By now it's perfectly clear to me, he has no intention of ever solving this problem, which is really pathetic, we're talking about a refund that is less than 30 euros. I even dare to guess that this "payment manager" doesn't even exist and is just an excuse to get me off his back.

The irony of all this, is that on the website, he claims to have 100% guaranteed customer satisfaction... I am a really unsatisfied customer, and he is doing nothing to fix it... So that is obviously a lie.

Really stay away from this prick, because if you have a problem with an item you buy from him, don't ever expect it to be solved.

i don't know how it works on here but make sure he gets added to http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16526 this list

actually is that list updated anymore???

Vampallens
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:32 pm 

Anyone knows if Obscure Abhorrence is reliable?
I've ordered 2 tapes ten days ago, fast response to process order, after payment no replies..

Verritus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:27 pm 

Vampallens wrote:
I've ordered 2 tapes ten days ago, fast response to process order, after payment no replies..

Yes, OAP is reliable. You're not supposed to communicate after payment though. You can check the status of your order with a link that's in your confirmation e-mail and when it has been shipped you should just wait for it to arrive. This may take a lot longer than 10 days.

sublime_wreckage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:22 pm 

Asti78 wrote:
forestcorpse wrote:
Have anyone used: Todeslaut.de ?

Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it. Ordered the Burzum Belus LP there when it was released last year.
Then I received a message from him that he had too many pre-orders but didn't receive the requested number of copies from PHD and he couldn't fulfill all orders so I wouldn't get a white vinyl though I pre-ordered it 2 months before the release.
Then I saw him selling dozens of copies of the white vinyl version on Ebay, maybe he saw that most distros were sold out immediately and Ebay prices were constantly increasing and he could earn more this way than selling it for the regular price of his pre orders.
So I wouldn't call this rip-off, but an extemely customer unfriendly and greedy behaviour. He continously lists rare vinyls on Ebay but always ends the auction early, maybe because he thinks he doesn't get the price he expects.

He probably ends the auctions early also to draw attention to the fact that he has the LP and wants to sell it for a certain price on his website (without the gouging fees of eBay and paypal combined). I can't say I blame him personally. I've heard that he offers the high bidder a chance to purchase the record (not sure where that price point resides though). I can see how this might cause frustration for ebay bidders.

As far reliability and ordering from his website, he is great. The last time I ordered from him I received my vinyl in RECORD TIME (pun intended), from Germany to Mid-Western USA in 7 days flat. Items as described, etc. The only issue is that his prices are sometimes way high and he's clearly not involved in black metal as charity; he's out to make money. You take from that what you will, but in my experience any dealings with him on his website are reliable.

Vampallens
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:41 am 

Verritus wrote:
Vampallens wrote:

Yes, OAP is reliable. You're not supposed to communicate after payment though. You can check the status of your order with a link that's in your confirmation e-mail and when it has been shipped you should just wait for it to arrive. This may take a lot longer than 10 days.

tapes arrived today and the link in the confirmation e-mail continues to be no updated.. ahah!
Anyway, good distro and good prices!

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:43 am 

Vampallens wrote:

100% reliable, great label.
Good transactions/trades/buys with: Pestbeule (2x), Leizla (2x), Velvet_Creation, Lauben, dcd666, Dolor666, Luror, schsid, kkrrizzzzz, sadlegend, DOM_fecifectum, hewhay, Phallelujah, MalignantThrone, Greyskys, obscure plasma.

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:33 am 

Have anyone orderd at a japanes distro called: Paganism Records?
http://www.paganismrecords.com/paganismrecords.html#w

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:37 pm 

Grind Block Records:

I pre-ordered the Decrepitaph/Offal split last year.

I contacted them this year about it and they responded rather quickly saying they had sent it in Nov/Dec of last year and asked me to confirm my address.

I did and then waited again for nothing and recontacted them another 3 times over the last month with no response.

welten
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:08 am 

well....i think you all know this good label from Canada - Tour de garde

http://www.t-d-g.net/tdghq.html

so....now i know too:)

welten
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:17 am 

Vampallens wrote:

hmm....very strange...i'm ordered some cd & vinyl...no problem

Vampallens
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:31 am 

welten wrote:
Vampallens wrote:

hmm....very strange...i'm ordered some cd & vinyl...no problem

I've already written that I've received my stuff without problem!

eatmetalgreg
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:06 pm 

Hybrid_Killer wrote:
Hybrid_Killer wrote:
So, has anyone ordered off BlackScaped lately? How'd it go?

Anyone? Can't find In Solitude's S/T on CD elsewhere.

Edit: Can't believe shipping for one CD to Australia is 7 euros. Will just try searching elsewhere for the CD...

i only charge 3 euros to send the cd to Australia, fast shipping, including cd case, and i sell this cd for 10 euros.
please check:
www.eatmetalrecords.com/shop

MetalHeadNorm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:50 am 

Hello, does anyone know if the website "Shopradiocast.com" is a reliable place to buy music from?

What do you mean by that? How quickly I reply?

thrashfan07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:53 pm 

Anyone ever order from nuclearhell.com? I just ordered a copy of For the Security by Carbonized there, and am a bit shocked they had it. I have heard they sell Russian CDs, but the repress of this CD is, in fact, a Russian press, so I'm not too upset. I'm just psyched to get this CD, but it almost seems to good to be true.

genocida
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:34 am 

These 2 still have a positive mark until today.
IRON PEGASUS
http://www.iron-pegasus.com/
NAPALM RECORDS
http://www.napalmrecords.com/

This one is definitely positive too. Great packaging, reasonable prices and shipping cost. MA username is mask_of_the_slave
SUN & MOON RECORDS
http://www.sunandmoonrecords.com/

This one is surely reliable, very nice communication. Note that they do not have all the items listed in hand, so it's better to order via email, and ask them for a better shipping cost, for those outside Germany.
GRAU
http://grau.cd/

MetalHeadNorm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:28 pm 

MetalHeadNorm wrote:
Hello, does anyone know if the website "Shopradiocast.com" is a reliable place to buy music from?

What do you mean by that? How quickly I reply?

MetalRulesTheNight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:03 pm 

eatmetalgreg wrote:

i only charge 3 euros to send the cd to Australia, fast shipping, including cd case, and i sell this cd for 10 euros.
please check:
http://www.eatmetalrecords.com/shop

I second Eat Metal! Great label with fantastic releases and excellent customer support!

CandideCamera
Pour l'encouragement des autres

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:08 pm 

Southern Lord, to my knowledge, has always had a sketchy reputation.

Birds of a feather.

They recently opened an extension with the blue collar distro (announced here a couple months ago)

I bought this shirt:
Based on Roper's design: Image

The shirt I got is monochrome. I feel like I got duped into buying what is effectually a bootleg. Send an e-mail, here's your reply:

Quote:
Speedy, we were contracted by Southern Lord to make the shirt. We were not asked to color-match the original artwork by the label. You are more than welcome to return any unwashed, unworn merchandise.

Please let me know if you want to return the shirt and we can issue a return authorization number.

Thank you,
Mallory

Seriously?

Fuck 'em.

welten
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:39 am 

good german merch - EMP :

http://www.emp.de/

Hybrid_Killer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:09 am 

Anyone used Cruz Del Sur lately?

Paralyzer2010
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:48 pm 

Check out Steel & Fire Records at www.steelandfirerecords.bigcartel.com

Lots of underground bands

hewhay
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:17 am 

forestcorpse wrote:
Have anyone orderd at a japanes distro called: Paganism Records?
http://www.paganismrecords.com/paganismrecords.html#w

Traded with him few times before 3-4 years. Great and reliable guy!

Luror
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:10 am 

Hammerbolt Prod from Poland is a good distro.
Fast shipping and honest communication.

welten
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:49 pm 

another good label from Germany - Van records:

http://www.van-records.de/

mickO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:21 pm 

Bad - Nuclear War Now.

Placed an order last month and the only option on the website was tracking shipping. After a month nothing arrived so I was told the order would be looked into then I was told that if it doesn't show up at my end or is not sent back then thats my tough luck. The owner wouldn't even offer to look into it at post office or anything. This is after me ordering from the label for over two years spending nearly $2000.

So I opened a paypal claim and got my money back because he claims to have sent the order yet the tracking number he provided still says the package hasn't even left the US.

Bottom line is Yosuke Konishi is scum and is only interested in $$$$$ id advise anyone to avoid ordering directly from his webstore he also makes a nice little profit on the postage he charges as well.

Avoid like the plague
Yosuke Konishi
PO BOX 7055, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
Email: [email protected]
http://nwnprod.com

You can easily get his releases from other distros. It's a shame that such a greedy person who is not in it for the music only the money has so many good bands on his roster.

Tom_Anvil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:25 pm 

mickO wrote:
It's a shame that such a greedy person who is not in it for the music only the money has so many good bands on his roster.

I know, it's a pity... I totally agree!

Madcow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:14 am 

I did,
a bit slow with the communication but in the end great stuff and a nice guy !

Zephirus wrote:
anyone used ROCK LION before from the Netherlands?

http://www.rock-lion.nl/index.html

thanks

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 45  Next